Date Night

by Meghann on April 15, 2011

Tonight’s date was sponsored by Derek’s parents. :)

Thanks Guys!

They discovered Gio’s via a Groupon deal a few weeks ago and fell so in love that they gave Derek a gift certificate for his birthday.

Happy (belated) Birthday Babe!

It was a charming little restaurant that was a lot fancier on the inside than it appeared on the outside. I felt a little under dressed in my tank top and shorts.

The table started with toasted bread.

And a glass of Chianti.

Garlic and Butter Oysters were the appetizer special of the evening.

They reminded me of very garlicy escargot. :)

For my main course I ordered the Grouper Special with Veggies.

The meal was delicious. Well seasoned, great toppings, and perfect doneness.

It was the perfect meal to end the week on. Now, I’m ready for the weekend. :)

Before dinner I had a snack with two new finds.

IMG_2386.JPG IMG_2387.jpg

I LOVE the Peach Chobani, but the Athenos brand was eh. The peach tasted like canned peach and really took away from the yogurt flavor. However, the Peanut Butter and Chocolate Puffins were a clear winner.

After dinner we took advantage of a Living Social deal I had at Berryism for dessert.

Small Tart Yogurt with Mini PB Cups, Kiwi, and Bluberries.

Derek fell asleep on the car drive home. Don’t worry – I was driving.

Looks like it’s just me, Maddie, and the first season of Army Wives on NetFlix.

Good Night!

1 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing April 15, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Tank top and shorts? Totally jealous! 😉 What a lovely night. <3
Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing recently posted..Vegan Gluten-Free Dough Balls- Cinnamon Raisin Coconut Chocolate Chip

2 Kristy @ KristyRuns April 15, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Puffins are the best! And so is frozen yogurt! Mmmm!
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..Quality Time

3 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 15, 2011 at 10:53 pm

OMG those oysters look amazing!

I really need to get in on this groupon thing I feel as though I’ve been living under a rock! 😛 Have a great weekend!

4 Karen April 15, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Mmm, those Puffins look great. I haven’t seen the pb and chocolate ones.
And my fiancé is already fast asleep too. What’s with tonight? Think I’ll catch up on some Biggest Loser.

5 Meg April 15, 2011 at 11:02 pm

What a sweet night with such sweet company :)

Mmm that froyo looks awesome, hoorayyy for deals! (AND Chocolate PB Puffins?!)
Meg recently posted..Beauty Booty

6 Jess April 15, 2011 at 11:02 pm

looooooooove army wives. enjoy!!
Jess recently posted..Bourbon Glazed Grilled Salmon

7 Alaina April 15, 2011 at 11:17 pm

They have peanut butter AND chocolate puffins now?? Must find! 😛
Alaina recently posted..Working My Way Back- 1369 Coffee House

8 Pam April 15, 2011 at 11:33 pm

I agree with your comment on Athenos greek yogurt. It is horrible. I will never waste my money on it again.

9 Hilary April 15, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Dinner looks too seafood-heavy for my liking, but I’d gladly take some of that froyo. :)
Hilary recently posted..Mmmmmango!

10 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 15, 2011 at 11:35 pm

haha I love that you clarified that you were the one driving, not Derek!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..just laugh

11 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 15, 2011 at 11:35 pm

I need to find those choc/PB puffins! Delicious!

I’m glad you had a nice date night!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

12 katie April 16, 2011 at 12:00 am

I need to find those puffins in that flavor!! I gave up cereal for lent and want those for my victory after lent!!!!!
katie recently posted..Happy Birthday Waffle Bliss

13 Laura (Starloz) April 16, 2011 at 12:47 am

that cereal sounds incredible. like woah
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Forming a pattern

14 glidingcalm April 16, 2011 at 2:52 am

Groupon + Social Living!! I love a night of good deals!!

Your din and dessert sound like a fantastic evening of foooodie fun!!

happy belated bday to Derek!!

15 Jumanah (Healthy Living in the Middle East) April 16, 2011 at 3:02 am

Looks like a fabulous dinner- especially those oysters! YUM!
Jumanah (Healthy Living in the Middle East) recently posted..Productive

16 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] April 16, 2011 at 5:47 am

Fun night! Dinner looks so yummy :) Have a great weekend!
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..l’Orangerie

17 Shannon April 16, 2011 at 10:47 am

Everything looks delicious!
Shannon recently posted..Stomach Ache

18 Courtney April 16, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I dont even like oysters but those look amazing!

I am vacationing in FL right now, and the thing I am looking forward to the most is frozen yogurt places!! We dont have ANY in central Massachusetts, I have been counting down until I could have some self-serve yogurt!
Courtney recently posted..April Vacation…Here I come!

19 Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted April 16, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I know I’m so jealous of the abundance of frozen yogurt places Meghann has too! I moved out of DC just about the time they were popping up there so I had one summer of froyo! We have one about 1/2 an hour from where I live but it is a little icier than it should be and it isn’t self-serve.
Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted recently posted..Dad’s Birthday

20 Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher April 16, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Fortunately for me, I am always overdressed 😉
Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher recently posted..happy weekending!

21 Cynthia Crowsen April 16, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I love Army Wives! As a former Army Brat it’s so interesting to see and relive some of that life even if it isn’t always accurate.
Cynthia Crowsen recently posted..Proverbs of Honest Tea

22 Sarah April 17, 2011 at 9:16 am

oh, ive never seen the peanut butter and chocolate puffins! I need to keep my eye out for them!
I JUST found a self serve froyo place near me but the cups come in one size HUGE and its so hard not to fill it!
Your cup looks deicious
Sarah recently posted..Pop of Red

23 Emily May 3, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Thanks for the peachy shout-out!