We’re Going to Get Dirty

by Meghann on April 14, 2011

Are you ready to get dirty? πŸ˜‰

100_2510.JPG

Fun Fact: When Kelly and I were in college we thought it would be fun to go ‘mudding’ with our friends.

100_2508.JPG

We rode on the back of four wheelers through the backwoods of Tallahassee and had a blast powering through mud pits, dirt roads, and everything else imaginable out there.

100_2512.JPG

Of course my roommates weren’t fans when I returned home. They shunned me to the back porch and created a path of towels to my shower. Worth it though. πŸ™‚

Clearly I’m not afraid to get dirty. Which is why I’m pumped about the inaugural Champions Mud Bash coming to Orlando on June 18th.

mudbash_logo.png

There will be mud (lots and lots of mud).

There will be fire (that you jump over).

And there will be beer ( you can’t have mud without beer!).

There will also be a few other surprises I haven’t been privy to yet. πŸ˜‰

But, perhaps the best part of all is that Champions Mud Bash just hired me to be their official tweeter for the event.

Me = EXCITED!

So follow me as I tweet on behalf of the Champions Mud Bash at @ChampionsMudBsh

Registration is open now for Central Florida Champions Mud Bash for June 18th AND if you ‘Like’ them on Facebook you will receive a $10 discount code. Or you can tweet me ( @ChampionsMudBsh ) and I’ll pass it along there too. πŸ˜‰

‘Run, Party & Live Like a Champion!’

Have you ever done a mud run before? What did you think?

While digging into all that is muddy and fun, I made myself a quick lunch.

Leftovers. I <3 leftovers. They’re perfect for days like today, when work is a bit hectic.

I reheated the last bit of Pineapple and Black Bean Enchilada Filling with Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, and the last corn tortilla.

My fridge is now empty of three tupperware containers and my tummy is full. Good news. πŸ™‚

It’s back to the grind!

1 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 14, 2011 at 2:09 pm

aaah! all of your post really make me want to live in FL and not the cold windy city!

I need to find myself a muddy run around here. πŸ™‚

2 Scott April 26, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Jenny, Check out Warrior Dash for a good muddy run in the Chicago area!

3 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin April 14, 2011 at 2:09 pm

After reading about the race that Tina and Anne did, I’ve been dying to do one of these in DC! How cool that you’re doing their social media!!
Beth @ Beth’s Journey to Thin recently posted..Menu Plan Monday

4 Carolyn @Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. April 14, 2011 at 2:14 pm

The event does look fun! Beer and all!
Carolyn @Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. recently posted..Summer Squash Pasta

5 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out April 14, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Looks very fun. I’m thinking about doing a Warrior Dash this fall πŸ™‚

6 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 14, 2011 at 2:16 pm

That sounds so fun!

7 The Linz @Beyond Destination 26.2 April 14, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Omigawsh sounds like a blast!! I did my first mud run last september and it was the funnest race I have ever done. There were obstacles to climb, a mud pit to crawl through and a HUGE slip and slide down the side of a mountain. Oh yeah, and we had the option to chug a beer at the top of the mnt too. It made for an interesting run!!

8 Freya April 14, 2011 at 2:18 pm

:O I’ve never done a mud event, but I read about them aaall the time in Runner’s World and they look SO friggin’ fun! On my to-do list for sure!
Freya recently posted..The Real Shady

9 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 14, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I’ve never done a mud run, but they sound like fun! I read a tip on Tina’s (CnC) blog the other day about the Warrior Dash and she recommended tying your shoes verrrry tight so that they don’t come off in the mud. Can’t wait to see your tweets! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Top Eats and Week 1 Gum-Free!

10 Lauren April 14, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I’ve never done an official mud run, but my high school cross country races were always SO muddy! It’s so hard running hills with slippery mud.
Lauren recently posted..Dark Chocolate Wonders

11 Ashley April 14, 2011 at 2:30 pm

That sounds like so much fun! Congrats on being the off tweeter. I’ll definitely be following. πŸ™‚

12 Ali @ Ali Runs April 14, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I love seeing older pictures of you guys! So fun! I have always wanted to do a race like that. Maybe someday πŸ˜‰
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Buffalo Marathon Training- 12 Mile Run

13 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 14, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I love making room in the fridge by eating leftovers — it makes room for more good stuff!

I’ve never done a mud run, although a friend of mine did 3 last summer. She had a blast and I’m thinking about doing one this year!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

14 Vikki April 14, 2011 at 2:32 pm

You’re going to get way dirtier than that at the mud run. My sis-in-law did the Marine Corps Mud Run in Columbia last fall (which involves obstacles that I have no desire to do.) I watched those people come in and they were coated in mud from head to toe. Wear shoes that you don’t mind throwing away and don’t take your phone or good camera.

15 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 14, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Haha I hate mud/being dirty. Don’t hate me. My skin just feels so icky!! I kind of want to try to suck it up and do a hardcore race though. I’m sure I’d feel gross doing it, but afterwards I’d feel hardcore!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Granola Gremlins

16 Anna @ Doing Good & Living Well April 14, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Oooo fun! Congrats on being the official tweeter! This looks like the Warrior Dash/a lot of fun. πŸ˜‰
Anna @ Doing Good & Living Well recently posted..Pulling the Trigger

17 Dori April 14, 2011 at 2:39 pm

You could not pay me to do that!

18 Katy (The Singing Runner) April 14, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Oooo congrats on being the “official tweeter!!!”

I’m definitely thinking about doing this! Looks like a lot of fun! πŸ˜€
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..On This Day&8230

19 Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) April 14, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I used to do that too! My friend had a four-wheeler and he would take me on all the trails in the woods. The only bad thing- it was mid-summer and we got stuck in the mud and were eaten up by mesquitos! Twas still fun though πŸ˜‰

Jason and I are doing our first Mud Run in September. It’s a military one, so they are going to have an obstacle course along the way..and the total mileage is 6 I think..should be fun!
Getting dirty is so much fun!

20 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 14, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I LOVE emptying out containers….onto my plate πŸ˜‰ I want to do a mud run–too bad I don’t live in FL, but I should find one nearby-eh?? πŸ™‚

21 Sarah for Real April 14, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Mud is awesome! Can’t wait to see the recap on that one!

22 Victoria April 14, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I’ve done Muddy Buddy twice. It was awesome!

23 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 14, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Eeek – I just don’t know if I would do a mud event/race. But I’m glad you’re excited about it! πŸ™‚

24 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me April 14, 2011 at 3:16 pm

I’ve seen a few other bloggers doing this too. I give you guys credit. I HATE being dirty haha.
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Getting Ahead of Myself

25 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com April 14, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Haven’t done a mud run before, but this sounds cool πŸ™‚
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Living Abroad Part 2 – Pros and Cons

26 Stacey April 14, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I used to love when we had “mud” practices for soccer. After a hard rain or sometimes during rain we would all have pratice outsise anyway instead of in the gym! A little mud never hurt anyone.

27 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 14, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I’m considering doing a ‘mud run’ sometime over the summer with some of my old co-workers- it’s going to be so fun!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

28 Emily @ Savory and Savage April 14, 2011 at 3:40 pm

The mud run sounds fun!

They have one near me each year – one year I will get the courage up to do it.
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Cinnamon rolls

29 Kelly April 14, 2011 at 3:43 pm

I did the Spartan race last summer. SO MUCH FUN. The only downfall to giving birth in the summer is that I miss racing season in MA. You’ll have so much fun!!
Kelly recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- Rainy Day

30 Amanda April 14, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Mudding is a way of life around here πŸ˜‰
Amanda recently posted..Plymouth Massachusetts

31 Tracey April 14, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I’ve never done a mud run but in high school I participated in a mud volleyball tournament. Everyone had a blast!

32 Meghan April 14, 2011 at 4:11 pm

YAY I have been trying to convince my husband to do this, he did Warrior Dash. He is worried about the fact that its summer, so we will see. I am trying to get a group of friends to do it though!
Meghan recently posted..Insanity day 1

33 Kelly April 14, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Awesome! Just last weekend, I did my very first “mud run” — the Tough Mudder (in Allentown, PA). http://toughmudder.com/

11+ miles, and it was by far the most physically difficult thing I have EVER done (including the 5 marathons I’ve completed)! Let me know if you’re interested, I can’t WAIT to do my next one πŸ™‚

34 Jessica April 14, 2011 at 4:15 pm

I did the Warrior Dash in Lake Wales and it was pretty much the most amazing experience ever! There’s nothing better than gettin’ dirty!

35 Kacy April 14, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I really want to do one of those races soon!
Kacy recently posted..A Healthy Habit Journey- Post 9 from the SIL- Eat More Fiber!

36 Heather April 14, 2011 at 4:33 pm

between your post and tinas its making me want to do this! sounds so fun! can’t wait to see pictures.
Heather recently posted..Always an Athlete

37 Emma (Namaste Everyday) April 14, 2011 at 4:35 pm

oooh those pineapple enchiladads sound great! I’ve been craving mexican food lately, but sadly here in New Zealand, they don’t really get what it is!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Homemade Hint-of-Lime Pita Chips

38 Cinthya April 14, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Love, love, love your blog. Came across it through a friend’s blog randomamber, who I met on race course at the Iron Girl half. Thanks for your posts, I’ve enjoyed reading them. Good job!! I love running, love food, hate cooking….but inspired to try some of the recipes you’ve posted.

39 Karolina April 14, 2011 at 6:20 pm

I love playing in the mud, so that just sounds like a perfect combination. I can’t wait to see pictures of the event!
Karolina recently posted..Its Not About Me!

40 Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 14, 2011 at 6:51 pm

oooh how fun!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Canberra Half Marathon 2011

41 Allie April 14, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I LOVE mudding!! Here in PA, we go hard and get super dirty πŸ™‚ It is soo much fun but my parents hate it when I am all mud caked like you said your roomies hated LOL
P.S. You looked awesome with a nose piercing!
Allie recently posted..Decisions- Decisions-I need your help!

42 Lauren April 14, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I always thought a Mud Run would be a blast but then I realize that I had being dirty. Haha, it just looks fun but I probably would hate it. Have a blast!!
Lauren recently posted..The Secret To Healthy Eating

43 Hilary April 14, 2011 at 8:53 pm

I love mixing and matching leftovers and cleaning out the fridge…SO good and satisfying….all you bloggers are big into the run…reminds me of Tina’s epic race last weekend!
Hilary recently posted..1-2-3 Chili

44 Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted April 14, 2011 at 8:57 pm

One of my elementary school friends moved to Tallahassee and she was going mudding for a while too! I was like…what did my friend turn into, LOL!
Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted recently posted..Dad’s Birthday

45 Lauren @ Team Giles April 14, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Oh girl, I am so the opposite. I don’t want to get dirty. πŸ™‚ More power to you!

You’re so creative with your food! You inspired me to make a homemade tortilla quiche the other day. Turned out pretty tasty!
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..β€œYou can do anything for 2 minutes!”

46 Alaina April 14, 2011 at 9:33 pm

There’s a race like that in September in MA. It looks fun!! I’m not afraid to get dirty. πŸ˜‰
Alaina recently posted..Working My Way Back- 1369 Coffee House

47 Allie April 14, 2011 at 9:42 pm

All set to do my second Warrior Dash on Saturday! SO FUN…except for the dirt you find in your ear 2 months later…gross.

48 Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries April 14, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I went mudding in Tally when I went to FSU! Haha, it’s a blast. I felt like a total redneck but there’s something so fun about getting dirty in mud and playing around. Kinda liberating in a way πŸ™‚ That mud bash sounds fun!
Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries recently posted..Two Blondes Make Healthy Soup

49 Nikki April 14, 2011 at 10:38 pm

That picture you posted of you with Kelly, well, Kelly looks soooo much like Emily Blunt. Does she get that ever?

50 Megan April 14, 2011 at 10:43 pm

i wish that event would come to chicago! they have tough mudder here, but it’s soo expensive!!

51 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life April 15, 2011 at 11:29 am

I mention on facebook that I did the Warrior Dash and LOVED it, but I didn’t share my recap of it, if you want to see some mud and beer (and fire) check out http://wp.me/p145Ym-sE. πŸ™‚
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Today’s Eats and The Best Granola You’ve Ever Tasted

52 jenna{frombostonwithlove} April 15, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Muddy Buddy runs are so fun! Enjoy it but just remember to keep your mouth shut πŸ™‚
jenna{frombostonwithlove} recently posted..My First Time

53 Allie April 15, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I am looking to do one of these by me soon. How much fun is it to get all muddy?

54 Katie G. April 15, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I’m doing the Warrior Dash here in Maryland mid May! I cannot wait to get together with all of my friends, run, get muddy, and have fun!
Katie G. recently posted..Water Workout

55 Dina @ DinaRuns April 16, 2011 at 9:02 am

I thought about doing the one in Lake Wales but had a scheduling conflict. I think June in Central Florida plus lots of mud will make for an interesting combination. I do love how these races end with beer, wish more of them did.
Dina @ DinaRuns recently posted..Food you can’t live without

56 anonymous April 20, 2011 at 12:58 pm

ewh i HATE mud. i wouldn’t wanna get mud all over my clothes… its just so dirty and gross :p i’ve never gotten muddy but it just looks so slimy and disgusting *shudders*