The Bunker

by Meghann on April 14, 2011

Tampa Coffee Shop adventure number 4 (5?) – The Bunker in Ybor.

Cute. Fun. Quiet. And Free Wifi!

One complaint – high tables. Otherwise, loved! πŸ™‚

I bunkered down (ha!) at The Bunker this afternoon and was able to get a few hours of work done in the quiet atmosphere.

I think I’m starting to have a taste for iced coffee. Regular coffee is blah, but iced coffee is pretty good. Especially with milk and hazelnut syrup.

IMG_5866.jpg

Snack:

A Sweet Potato Cookie from a local health market. It was more cakey than cookie, but that didn’t matter. It was filling and sweet – just what I needed before yoga.

Loved the pecan. πŸ™‚

I returned to Evolation Yoga this afternoon for their 90 minutes Hot Yoga class. The class was part of my Passport to Prana Pass and I liked having the chance to try another type of class at the studio.

It was a Hatha based Hot Yoga class and still a little slow for my taste. I’m definitely a flow-er! πŸ™‚ We held a pose, rested, held a pose, etc. It was relaxing, but not what I was looking for. I would return for another free class, but not shell out the $$ for a membership. Le sigh.

After yoga I had no idea what to make for dinner. I had these Frito Lays Dip Creations Foodbuzz sent as part of their Tastemaker program.

That I thought would be good on roasted veggies (parsnips, okra, and mushrooms)

It’s so sad how much veggies shrink when roasted. πŸ™

They were good on their own, but I decided to switch gears and add them to pasta with some pasta sauce and shrimp.

Adding the Ranch Coated veggies to the pasta dish may not have been my smartest idea. The flavors didn’t mix with the pasta sauce at all and led to competing bites in my mouth. Eh.

But, now I know. And I won’t be making that mistake again. πŸ™‚

For kicks – Derek’s pasta dish versus mine.

Can you see a difference? πŸ˜‰

For dessert I had a VitaTop muffin with a serving of coffee ice cream.

Derek and I have a fun project tonight.

IMG_2360.jpg

Whose ready to clean?!?! πŸ˜‰

Good Night!

1 Alaina April 14, 2011 at 9:34 pm

That cookie looks amazing. I would do a hot yoga class if I knew I was getting that afterwards. πŸ˜›
Alaina recently posted..Working My Way Back- 1369 Coffee House

2 Fit Chick Britt April 14, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Iced coffee is so good. Glad you’re jumping on board. Hazelnut is my favorite flavor.
Fit Chick Britt recently posted..Just What I Needed

3 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 14, 2011 at 9:47 pm

mmmm so clever to use the seasoning packet!

I need to get to a coffee shop to work, I am very easily distracted! of course so much of my distraction comes from the computer. ohh welll πŸ˜›

4 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 14, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I got those dip packets too and I’m not sure what to do with them yet.

Ooh have fun cleaning! πŸ™‚
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

5 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 14, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I’m definitely a fan of iced coffee (well, all coffee in general!), so I’m happy the weather is calling for that cold deliciousness! πŸ™‚

6 Ashley April 14, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Good luck with cleaning! The cookie looks really good. I laughed at the difference in yours and Derek’s dishes.

7 Sarah April 14, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I JUST bought the steam n vac shark last sunday and it’s fabulous! you will love every second of cleaning the floor.

8 Emily G. April 14, 2011 at 11:41 pm

I LOVVVVVVE my Vac-Then-Steam. Best.Invention.Ever. I’m not a cleaner and I love using it! lol I actually just got done!

Can you tell I’m a bit obsessed! lol

9 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out April 14, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I love my steam mop!! *LOVE*
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Connect the Dots

10 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 14, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I LOVE cleaning at night too- I get WAY more done. Sorry about the flavor mixin’ issue–I hate when recipes in my head don’t turn out as great in the plate. haha

11 Kacy April 14, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Haha, I saw that mop thing the other day. I want it!
Kacy recently posted..A Healthy Habit Journey- Post 9 from the SIL- Eat More Fiber!

12 Sarah K April 14, 2011 at 11:22 pm

How big is the bowl that you use in that picture?
Sarah K recently posted..Book List

13 Meghann April 15, 2011 at 11:22 am

Which bowl? The one Derek’s food is in it the size of a full dinner plate.

14 Sarah K April 15, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Sorry, should have been more specific. I was just wondering about the one you were eating from, but they both looked like bowls.
Sarah K recently posted..Book List

15 linz April 14, 2011 at 11:23 pm

My steam mop is my favorite cleaning toy. Love that thing, enjoy1
linz recently posted..Weight Loss Challenge Week 2

16 Kath April 14, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Hello steam shark!!
Kath recently posted..Fueled By Sun

17 Meghann April 15, 2011 at 11:23 am

I thought of you when he walked in with it. His Mom bought it for him for his birthday. He was cute putting it together last night, actually following the directions on how to properly use it. πŸ™‚

18 Katy April 14, 2011 at 11:43 pm

I’m so jealous of your recent coffee house adventures– there’s something so calming about them! Not to mention, they are a prime people-watching environment πŸ™‚

19 Meghann April 15, 2011 at 11:30 am

People-Watching is half the fun πŸ™‚

20 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 15, 2011 at 12:21 am

I love cake-like cookies! I don’t think I’ve ever had a sweet potato cookie before, but it looks amazing!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

21 Laura (Starloz) April 15, 2011 at 12:38 am

i have never really thought to go to a coffee shop to work on my computer, it’s such a great way to get out & get things done, oh & try new places.

i’ve become a bit of a snob with coffee, i’m a fan of iced coffee these days too but it’s starting to get cooler here. i’ve started to even try different flavours in steamed milk.
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Forming a pattern

22 Mdizzle April 15, 2011 at 12:58 am

“Who’s” is what you mean for the last Q….Whose refers to possession. Love the blog! πŸ™‚

23 Meghann April 15, 2011 at 11:31 am

Thanks. I always struggle with that one.

24 Hats @ See How She Runs April 15, 2011 at 5:50 am

I really enjoy discovering new, independent coffee shops. Chains are good for convenience but nothing beats the personality of one that’s going it alone.

It amuses me to see the Lays logo (first saw it when holidaying in France) – Lays is marketed as Walkers over here in the UK. It’s quite interesting to see how brands differ between countries.
Hats @ See How She Runs recently posted..I am awesome and I look like a Goddess

25 Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East April 15, 2011 at 6:44 am

I LOVE ice coffee and must have a huge one every morning with breakfast!
Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East recently posted..Productive

26 Lauren April 15, 2011 at 6:52 am

I am so ready for Iced Coffee Season to begin! It still needs to get just a little warmer here. πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..The Secret To Healthy Eating

27 Carolyn H. April 15, 2011 at 7:01 am

Who makes the cookie/cake? Looks delicious but I’m wondering why they use real butter but egg replacer. Either make it vegan or not.

28 Meghann April 15, 2011 at 11:32 am

It’s from the Village Health Market on MacDill

29 Carolyn H. April 15, 2011 at 11:38 am

Have you been there yet? Seriously, my favorite quick, healthy lunch spot. The California wrap is so tasty, and they seriously load you up with the veggies chips. You can even have my pickle if we ever go together. ha.
Carolyn H. recently posted..Summer Squash Pasta

30 Meghann April 15, 2011 at 11:49 am

Yes, I was just there yesterday and I’ve had lunch there before. Love. πŸ™‚

31 Hope April 15, 2011 at 8:02 am

I’ve never seen that dip packet before. It looks like it would be tasty! I love iced coffee! I can’t wait to drink it more often once it gets warm here πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..A Summer Preview…

32 Lee April 15, 2011 at 8:07 am

How do you pronounce Ybor? I see it in your posts sometimes and think Yabor in my head, but I have no idea if that’s right. Y-bor? Ibor?
Lee recently posted..I Ran Before I Crawled Before I Slept

33 Carolyn H. April 15, 2011 at 8:20 am

Like the letter “e” – and “bore” as in boring.

e-bore
Carolyn H. recently posted..Summer Squash Pasta

34 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life April 15, 2011 at 8:40 am

Oh dear–ranch veggies and tomato sauce don’t sound so delicious! Love the his & hers pasta bowls. Welcome to guys’ endless appetites!!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Give Away- Sweet Michigan

35 OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run April 15, 2011 at 9:23 am

My hubs wants one of those Sharks bad. Unfortunately, he buys those type of things and I use them and he watches me. Not cool.

36 Amanda @ Cucina Amanda April 15, 2011 at 10:31 am

My fiancΓ© and I just got the Shark for our apartment! I’m so excited to use it!

37 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me April 15, 2011 at 10:33 am

Wow, it seems like you’re in a new coffee shop everyday. I’m jealous! πŸ™‚
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..A Walk and a Hike

38 Mimi April 15, 2011 at 11:28 am

Sounds like our definitions of “fun” vary a bit! (;
Mimi recently posted..Dressed up Dan

39 jenna{frombostonwithlove} April 15, 2011 at 11:56 am

Sweet potato cookie?? Yes please!!
jenna{frombostonwithlove} recently posted..My First Time

40 natalie (the sweets life) April 15, 2011 at 12:09 pm

you could start a coffee shop review blog πŸ™‚ If I lived in the area I’d definitely be using your blog for insights!

Hope you had fun cleaning ha…we just moved to a new house and I need something like that to clean our kitchen floors, I make so many messes in the kitchen!
natalie (the sweets life) recently posted..Raisin and Pine Nut Asparagus

41 Julia April 15, 2011 at 12:18 pm

We got a steam mop a few months ago and I LOVE it. LOVE.
We installed hardwood throughout the main level of the home and have tile in the basement, the steam mop is a lifesaver on cleaning!
Julia recently posted..The BeforesPart 2