Namaste

by Meghann on April 11, 2011

God Bless Yoga.

Seriously, where would my post-race body be without it? Yoga provides that nice, deep stretch I wouldn’t be able to achieve otherwise.

Thanks to my Passport to Prana pass, I was able to try another wonderful Tampa Bay area yoga studio this morning.

Namaste Yoga is located in Lutz, about 20 minutes from my house. I missed it the first time I drove pass and had to double back, but once I arrived the little studio was very accommodating. You walk in and are immediately greeted by the pay window and yoga area. It’s an open floor plan that works nicely in the small space.

Megan joined me for the Hot Yoga Basic Class. The instructor focused on hip openers and I was really able to give my IT band a nice stretch. It was a slow flow class, but it was exactly what my body needed.

On the way home I got a little lost. Ok, I got very lost. My 20 minutes drive turned into an hour and my stomach was growling by the time I walked in the door.

A quick meal was exactly what I needed.

An open face sammie with hummus, swiss cheese, greens, cucumber and salsa.

Eating a sandwich open face just makes the good stuff last that much longer. πŸ˜‰

Pretzels and Mustard. <3 πŸ™‚IMG_5790.JPG

With a mini pickle to round out the plate.

Playlist Follow Up

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. again for all the song suggestions for my Iron Girl Half Marathon playlist that you guys recommended last week.

My final playlist was amazing

Screen shot 2011-04-06 at 9.17.18 PM.png Screen shot 2011-04-06 at 9.17.57 PM.png

Favorites included Selena Gomez and Marry You by Glee.

Selena Gomez’ song ‘Who Says?’ really evoked that girl power burst of energy I needed during one bridge and ‘Marry You’ allowed me to zone out and think about future weddings during the boring 4 mile straight stretch.

It’s really amazing what goes through your head during races. Too bad that by the time the race is done I’ve forgotten half of it. πŸ™‚

1 kristy @ kristyruns.com April 11, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Ooh! I need to do yoga this week! Need the stretch!

I don’t listen to music when I run but can never remeber what I spent a run thinking about. Everything I guess! πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Running in Europe

2 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 11, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Your Passport To Prana pass sounds like a great deal! I wish they’d come out with one of those in my city! And I agree with you on open-faced sandwiches – you can fit so much more on and don’t have to worry about not being able to get two pieces of bread in your mouth!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Top Eats and Week 1 Gum-Free!

3 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 11, 2011 at 1:42 pm

How hot do they keep the room in a hot vinyasa class. I would imagine it would be difficult to do a flow in an extremely hot room without feeling lightheaded.

I’ve only ever done bikram and moksha which are not really flow type classes.

4 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 11, 2011 at 1:46 pm

that yoga is such a good idea after you race, which I so enjoyed reading about and seeing the pictures from.

I still haven’t tried Bikram yoga as all of the studios around here are over priced and have bad reviews but I definitely want to try someday! until then ashtanga in my well heated apt will have to do! πŸ™‚
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Body Weight Exercise Strength Workout

5 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 11, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I finally bought a big bag of those pretzels — they are so delicious!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

6 Kim April 11, 2011 at 1:54 pm

you sound like me getting lost. It use to be such a problem for me because I use to move so much.. I lived in 4 different states in 2 years. So you can imagine how difficult it was to find my way around. My parents got me a GPS 2 birthdays ago.. and it has been worth every penny they spent!! wasnt sure if you had one? maybe a good gift idea. hint*hint* from someone in the fam.

7 Amy @ Conquering Self April 11, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Your race seemed like so much fun! I am impressed that you are able to take pictures while you are running. I am still in the “I can’t do any single thing that will take any of my energy away from running” phase!
Love the playlist! I actually did the opposite this weekend and stole your idea and ran without music for the first time. I didn’t get an audio book, but I listened to some podcasts (ideas I got from your comments section!) and it made my 2 hour run seem to go by so much faster!!
Amy @ Conquering Self recently posted..Weekend Reflections

8 Emily @ Savory and Savage April 11, 2011 at 2:05 pm

That yoga class sounded great – I am on the hunt for a yoga place that has slow flow classes.
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Spring is sprunging

9 Kaitlin April 11, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Sounds like a great stretch! I need to find time for yoga– hard when you have a busy day!
Kaitlin recently posted..15 Mile Saturday

10 Hope April 11, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Yoga sounds so relaxing and would be a good stress reliever. I really want to look into it. Your sandwich looks yummy! Love the pretzels with mustard. I should try that! Great playlist too! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..A Summer Preview…

11 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out April 11, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Haha! I think of the strangest stuff when running too!

12 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 11, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I LOVE good yoga classes. ANd you’re right-open faced sandwiches are THE way to goooooo πŸ™‚

13 Melissa @ TryingToHeal April 11, 2011 at 2:57 pm

oh, i heard who says a few weeks ago and still can’t get enough of it!!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..The Amazing Earth

14 Kacy April 11, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I’m on a yoga kick right now. Loving it!
Kacy recently posted..A Healthy Habit Journey- Post 9 from the SIL- Eat More Fiber!

15 Ashley April 11, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Your play list looks really similar to my itunes library haha.

16 Megan April 11, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Hi back, by the way!

That four mile stretch sure was miserable. Glad it’s done now! I’m looking forward to hitting up yoga tonight for some stretching too!

17 Amanda April 11, 2011 at 3:28 pm

I have many of those same songs on my playlist!! I love, love, love Adele–she has such a great voice!
Amanda recently posted..guilty pleasures…

18 Chelsea April 11, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I love when an instructor really focuses on hip openers, I can always use those flows! I really like the new Selena Gomez song, she is so awesome. Last week she was on DWTS and I just really enjoyed seeing her perform that song.
Chelsea recently posted..Body Pump

19 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 11, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Alright – you’ve inspired me to get back on the yoga train! It’s been a few weeks since I last practiced!

20 Michelle April 11, 2011 at 3:31 pm

I downloaded the Selena song for the race too and now I can’t get it out of my damn head (along with Adele’s Rolling in the Deep)! Do you have “Naturally” by her? It’s another good running/workout song.
Michelle recently posted..IronGirl Clearwater Weekend – Part 2

21 Kathleen April 11, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Loving this play list! I need to download some new stuff and you have me lots of ideas.

22 Angela @ My Pinky Toes April 11, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I love that Selena Gomez song…sooo good!
I love yoga, too, but my class has been canceled for like two weeks now, and I NEED it! I have never done hot yoga before, but I really want to!
Angela @ My Pinky Toes recently posted..It’s a Love Hate Relationship

23 melissa (fitnessnyc) April 11, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I am so glad you like the passport to prana and it’s working out for you! Great playlist, so excited to start downloading! happy monday meghann.
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Scotland Run Start to Finish

24 natalie (the sweets life) April 11, 2011 at 4:59 pm

I’m a huge fan of open-faced sandwiches!! We made awesome teriyaki pineapple chicken burgers this weekend and ate them open-faced…it was a good decision πŸ™‚
natalie (the sweets life) recently posted..Blue Cheese &amp Fig Stuffed Chicken Breasts

25 Emma (Namaste Everyday) April 11, 2011 at 5:12 pm

playlists are amazing! And I love that one! I also tend to listen to Harry Potter books on tape. I swear, it’s like watching a movie!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Waitomo Caves- Galaxies of Glowworms

26 Alaina April 11, 2011 at 5:34 pm

I really think that salsa is the best condiment. It goes with everything. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Working My Way Back- 1369 Coffee House

27 Allie April 11, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Ahhh, gotta love some post race yoga!! πŸ™‚
Allie recently posted..Pittsburgh Pirates 5k

28 Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy April 11, 2011 at 6:29 pm

You have me craving pretzels right now!!
Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy recently posted..Wrap it up!

29 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 11, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Not going to lie- I kind of love the song ‘S&M’. I can’t believe it’s not considered ‘explicit’ by your Itunes, haha!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

30 Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) April 11, 2011 at 6:58 pm

I still need to try mustard with pretzels! Sorry you got lost πŸ™ I hate getting lost, especially when I’m hungry!

31 Katy (The Singing Runner) April 11, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I still need to try yoga. That is on my summer “to-do” list! πŸ™‚
Just curious, how long have you been doing yoga?
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..2011 Athleta Iron Girl 5K

32 Alison April 11, 2011 at 8:49 pm

ADELE!!! I love that “Someone Like You” is highlighted — love that song! 21 is definitely my favorite album of the year. “Rumour Has It” is on heavy rotation for me right now.

I’d never heard Marry You before I saw it on Glee (sorry, Bruno), but sometimes little snippets get caught in my head. I might need to go ahead and grab it, I think it would work well in my playlist.

Thanks for sharing!
Alison recently posted..Change of plans

33 Karolina April 11, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Love the playlist- it looks like the perfect mix of songs to stay motivated for all the bridges….
Karolina recently posted..Thankfulness Project Monday

34 Amy April 11, 2011 at 11:22 pm

I think I would have the most issues with finding my way if (when) I move… But hopefully Florida roads will be more forgiving than Boston lol
Amy recently posted..Monday was a migraine day

35 BroccoliHut April 11, 2011 at 11:53 pm

Loving the healthy dose of Ke$ha on your playlist:)

36 Ali @ Ali Runs April 12, 2011 at 11:09 am

I love that you posted your final playlist!! I have been trying to perfect mine and have definitely been missing some of those awesome songs! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Buffalo Marathon Training- 12 Mile Run