Let the week begin

by Meghann on April 11, 2011

Happy Monday everyone!

Catching up from the weekend?

In case you missed it:

Isn’t my little brother hilarious?

Obviously it was the kind of weekend that deserved a Sunday night beer.

IMG_2078.jpg

I <3 the Maduro Brown Ale. πŸ™‚

It paired nicely with the Black Bean and Pineapple Enchiladas I made for dinner.

IMG_2085.JPG

The enchiladas were really easy to make and the perfect go-to meal when I’m not sure what else to make. You can fine the recipe here.

IMG_2096.JPG

On the side we had pan fried plantains.

IMG_2097.JPG

IMG_2094.JPG

My evening ended with Tangled.

Tangled-2010-Mega-Poster-3-538x797.jpg

(Super cute Disney movie. I give it two thumbs up if you’re a Disney fan. πŸ™‚ )

And a vitatop topped with coffee ice cream and granola.

I was exhausted and slept like a baby last night. I had no problem falling asleep at my normal 10:00pm bedtime, but still struggled a bit when my 7:00am alarm went off.

My body is sore and craving a soothing yoga class. I plan to use my Passport to Prana pass later to find something worth practicing. Until then I’m taking it easy.

A big bowl of cereal made the perfect Monday breakfast.

• 1/2 cup Shredded Wheat
  • 1/2 cup Multi Grain Cheerios
  • 1/2 cup Great Gains
  • Athenos Strawberry Yogurt
  • Strawberries
  • Grapes

And now my computer is on and ready to go.

Let the week begin!

How was your weekend? Anything exciting happen?

1 Kara April 11, 2011 at 8:55 am

Yoga would be awesome today! I really need to convince my studio to start a Mommy and me class. Although I can’t imagine that being too relaxing since my baby is a human tornado causing destruction and mayhem wherever she goes πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..A running-ful weekend

2 Hope April 11, 2011 at 8:57 am

I LOVE Tangled! I think it’s such a great movie! I really need to buy it! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..A Summer Preview…

3 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) April 11, 2011 at 8:57 am

I spent the weekend in Germany and had SO much fun!! πŸ˜€ I am craving yoga too now!! I can’t wait for my class tomorrow- I need a good stretching so badly!!

Oh, and Tangled is the best film EVER!! I love Disney!! πŸ˜€
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..I’m BACK!!

4 Meghann April 11, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Germany?! That does sound like fun!

5 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 11, 2011 at 8:58 am

YES! Check out my blog for pictures of my weekend but basically here’s the awesomeness that went down:

-my dad was home from the hospital for the first time in MONTHS
-it was my sister’s birthday and she was in town from illinois
-my best friend go ENGAGED.

…best weekend ever!

6 Meghann April 11, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Woo hoo!! Sounds like an amazing weekend! Congrats to all! πŸ™‚

7 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out April 11, 2011 at 9:02 am

Looks like a fun weekend! Let me say again that I loved your race recap. We traveled back and forth from Alabama to Michigan. I’m dragging this morning and so ready for the gym this afternoon.

8 Mimi April 11, 2011 at 9:09 am

I read your posts all weekend, but it wasn’t until now that I realized how truly eventful and exciting it was! But, seriously, do you ever have low-key weekends? You’re always on the go, girl!
Mimi recently posted..Hey- I’m a wildflower

9 Meghann April 11, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Low-key weekends? What are those? πŸ˜‰

10 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 11, 2011 at 9:14 am

I want to see Tangled!! It looks so cute! This weekend I went to the farmers market for the first time this spring, got my sweat on during my group exercise instructor practice/meeting (3 hours of Body Pump, Step, Jam, Attack, RPM etc etc) and wend for a walk with my roomie to enjoy our suddenly AMAZING spring weather!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Top Eats and Week 1 Gum-Free!

11 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 11, 2011 at 9:16 am

I love Tangled!!! It was so adorable.

I had a busy weekend too — Twins game on Friday, shooting at the range all day Saturday, and a million errands to do on Sunday!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

12 Errign April 11, 2011 at 9:20 am

My weekend was not so exciting – my university Model UN team hosted a conference for high school students. Well, actually, the Thai food I had for lunch both days was exciting… πŸ™‚
Errign recently posted..Pick me up –

13 Freya April 11, 2011 at 9:32 am

I’ve never seen Tangled, but Disney is awesome πŸ™‚ The Little Mermaid – favourite!
My weekend..full of studying and NOT running – I hate exams and revision πŸ™
Freya recently posted..The Real Shady

14 Hats @ See How She Runs April 11, 2011 at 9:33 am

I could do with something yoga-y right now. I’ve never done yoga but I really enjoyed the couple of BodyBalance classes I went to at the end of last year. Sadly my gym doesn’t do BB but offers a pilates class. It’s not billed as being for beginners, intermediate, advanced – I’m a complete novice and a bit nervous about going…
Hats @ See How She Runs recently posted..BUPA Great North Run

15 Ashley April 11, 2011 at 9:44 am

I love the pretty flower table cloth (?) I’ve never seen tangled but I’ve been meaning too, it looks like a really fun movie.

16 Meghann April 11, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Thanks. it’s a napkin form ikea πŸ™‚

17 Stacey April 11, 2011 at 9:48 am

I just borrowed Tangled from a friend and I am excited to watch it!
Stacey recently posted..Eggs 3 Ways

18 Kaitlin April 11, 2011 at 9:52 am

YUM your bowl looks great! Happy Monday!
Kaitlin recently posted..15 Mile Saturday

19 Cara April 11, 2011 at 9:55 am

Looks like a wonderful weekend! I love the movie Tangled! I need to buy it!

20 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 11, 2011 at 9:56 am

so glad your race went well and that you’re resting up!

the most exciting thing that happened here is that weather improved – I know it’s sad but it is Chicago and we don’t usually have a spring! πŸ˜›

21 kristy @ kristyruns.com April 11, 2011 at 9:56 am

9 hours of sleep? Sounds glorious! πŸ™‚ I’m working on about 6 right now. Lesson learned and heading to bed early tonight! πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Running in Europe

22 Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com April 11, 2011 at 10:24 am

So happy for you and how well you did on your race. The course looked brutal but you managed to find the positive, love that about you πŸ™‚
Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com recently posted..Vegan Black Bean Burgers

23 Ben April 11, 2011 at 10:47 am

Well my weekend was basically just like yours. Lol

24 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 11, 2011 at 11:14 am

I need to get back to my 10 pm bedtime again. I have been going to bed far too late!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

25 val April 11, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Wow, your weekend was much more exciting than mine, but I was reminded of you when I used 3 groupon-type coupons this weekend!

26 Meghann April 11, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Woo hoo for Groupon!

27 Lucy @ The Sweet Touch April 11, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Enjoyed most of the weekend spending time outside!

Tangled is def on my list of movies to watch, looks so cute!
Lucy @ The Sweet Touch recently posted..Blood Orange Basil Olive Oil Cake

28 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 11, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I can only imagine the crowd your brother attracted to his blog yesterday….
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..that kind of weekend

29 Clare @ Fitting It All In April 11, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I will probably be making a version of those enchiladas this week!
And this weekend I ran my first marathon!!!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..I Am A Marathoner

30 Sana April 11, 2011 at 1:08 pm

You had a BALLER weekend! Enjoy the week!

31 Kacy April 11, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I had a GREAT weekend! Saturday was filled with friends, food, beer and golf. Pefect.
The enchiladas sound awesome!
Kacy recently posted..A Healthy Habit Journey- Post 9 from the SIL- Eat More Fiber!

32 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 11, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Tangled is THE best!!!

33 erica April 11, 2011 at 3:27 pm

my weekend was a snooze-fest. nothing but cleaning and more cleaning!

i’ve been wondering about tangled….i’m gonna go netflix this movie! πŸ™‚
erica recently posted..our engagement photos…

34 River April 11, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Ahhh I love Tangled. All the blogs I read have been posting about it and making me jealous. It’s not out in NZ for a month. I have no idea why, makes me very unhappy!

Interesting recipe for the enchilada’s…might have to try that one out!
River recently posted..Weekend Recap

35 Emma (Namaste Everyday) April 11, 2011 at 5:07 pm

i need to get me some of those vita top muffins. They look so fun!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Waitomo Caves- Galaxies of Glowworms

36 Lea @ Healthy Coconut April 11, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Thanks for the review on Tangled. Will add it to my DVD queu. Did you know the guy from Chuck was the voice of the prince AND sang the soundtrack with Mandy Moore.

I met him before during the Celebrity Grand Prix race here in Long Beach, did not know he can sing too.
Lea @ Healthy Coconut recently posted..Learning to love collard greens

37 Sarah April 11, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Im glad to hear tangled was good! I have been debating seeing it but now i think its time πŸ™‚
You had QUITE a busy weekend, no wonder 10pm came so easily! I used to wear myself out and pass out by 10 but i havent been able to do that lately.
Sarah recently posted..fighting the gloom