Got Tea?

by Meghann on April 11, 2011

I was an awful hostess on Saturday.

Instead of staying at home and waiting for my expectant guests to arrive like a good hostess, I packed up house and headed to a new-to-me beach about 45 minutes away from my residence. I wasn’t sure how long I would be gone or when I would be home, but I figured everything would work out in the end.

It did, but only because I have amazing family and friends who understand how flighty I can be.

My Sister and Brother were leaving Orlando as we were leaving Tampa and met us at the beach a couple of hours after we arrived. However, Katy left at that awkward time where an additional drive wouldn’t be worth it. I felt really bad when it made more sense for her to stay in Tampa and wait for us.:(

She was a trooper (major trooper!) and even unearthed an adorable little tea house just around the corner from my place. At her urging I knew I had to visit the place she spent an hour on Saturday wondering why she’s friends with such a flighty girl.

Got Tea? is a great little tea shop that specializes in Bubble Tea.

Confession: I’ve never had bubble tea. It’s one of those things I’m not familiar with and trying to decide the right thing to order is a little overwhelming.

Too. Many. Choices.

Where was Katy when I needed her? They offered Milk Tea, Juice Tea, Slushie Tea, Blended Tea, etc. My head was spinning for a minute.

IMG_5799.jpg

After a few minutes of skimming I selected a blended drink. Mocha to be exact.

IMG_5798.jpg

Upon first sip I thought I had made the right choice. It was sweet, thick, and tasted exactly like a chocolate milkshake. Then the novelty wore off and I wasn’t a fan anymore. It was icy, chunky and just not very good. I think if I were to return I would order a real bubble tea (with bubbles on the bottom!) and I would have Katy there to offer a little guidance so I knew I was getting a good thing. πŸ™‚

I may not have been sold on my drink (which I finished anyways), but I was sold on the atmosphere. It was a great little spot to do a couple hours of work this afternoon. ( I have a big meeting with a new client tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!)

It was also nice to have a ‘co-worker’

Hi Megan!

Just like true co-workers we distracted ourselves with office gossip, pointless reply all e-mails, and even tried to conduct an office group chat. Just like old times. πŸ˜‰

I munched on a Kashi Bar on the way home.

I was really excited about tonight’s dinner. It was a throwback to my college days when my roommate and I made stuffed chicken when ever we needed to cook something fancy for the evening.

Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast

I made a few tweaks, but the basic concept is the same.

Starting with a bowl of feta, ricotta, chopped tomatoes, dried oregano, basil, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.

Split organic chicken breasts

Stuffed

Closed and drizzled with some more basalmic

Baked at 375 for 30 minutes

The ricotta was a new addition to the mix, but I like how it made the stuffing a little runnier. It kept the chicken moist and left lots of good stuff to soak up later on the plate.

I plated my serving on a bed of greens and enjoyed it as a mini salad topping.

On the side I sauteed some radishes (cooked radishes are da bomb), carrots, and mushrooms.

The special treat of the meal was the left over biscuit from yesterday’s brunch. This biscuit was so good, I slapped Derek’s hand when he tried to steal it.

Don’t worry. I gave him a bite. Just not a big one. πŸ˜‰

A serving of strawberries and an adora disc satisfied my evening sweet tooth.

I’ve been dessert heavy lately (the mid afternoon ‘milkshake’ didn’t help that). I typically crave heavy chocolate rich things like ice cream and cake, but I forget how delicious and satisfying a simple bowl of strawberries can be. I really need to begin enjoying them for dessert more often.

I’ve got the PJs on and am ready for sleep. Let’s see if I can make that happen before 10.

Good Night!

1 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing April 11, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I love that the sign says, “Please drink responsibly to prevent choking on Bobas.” Bahahaha πŸ˜€
Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing recently posted..Vegan Mango Lassi

2 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 11, 2011 at 9:54 pm

You need to try bubble tea — it is very delicious!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

3 Kaitlin April 11, 2011 at 9:55 pm

So many choices at that tea house! Definitely try the bubble tea next time, it’s delicious!
Kaitlin recently posted..15 Mile Saturday

4 Emily @ Savory and Savage April 11, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Green tea with bubbles is very yummy – you should try that next time πŸ™‚
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Spaghetti with basil pesto

5 River April 11, 2011 at 9:57 pm

That dinner sounds great!

Good luck with the new client tomorrow, hope it all goes well!

I’ve only ever had a bubble tea once too, and I agree…so many choices! I had to make my friend choose.
River recently posted..Weekend Recap

6 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 11, 2011 at 10:00 pm

That stuffed chicken looks so delicious!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the crazy thing i she did

7 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 11, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I wish we had a fun place like that in my neighborhood! so fun

love the chicken dish also – anything stuffed is good by me! πŸ™‚

8 emily April 11, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Bubble tea is delicious, the tapioca are sooo good! I’d recommend going with just a plain black tea with bobba, or a black milk tea if you are in the mood for something a little sweeter.
emily recently posted..Dreaming Day

9 MegaNerd April 11, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I should have stayed at your house for dinner. I had macaroni and cheese haha.
MegaNerd recently posted..Namaste Yoga Studio

10 Meghann April 12, 2011 at 7:14 am

You are always welcome here for dinner

11 MegaNerd April 11, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I should have stayed at your house for dinner. I had macaroni and cheese haha.
MegaNerd recently posted..Namaste Yoga Studio

12 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 11, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I LOVE feta stuffed chicken–I always make it when I am trying to impress guests (or my husband) πŸ™‚ I have to do it again-thanks for the idea to repeat. And good luck with your new client!

13 Carolyn H. April 11, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Yes, try a bubbly with some tapioca pearls next time!
Carolyn H. recently posted..Raw Desserts &amp Coconut Oil

14 Alexa @ SimpleEats April 11, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I always get so overwhelmed at bubble tea places! Fruit-flavored ones are delish though, you should try one next time!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..Semi-Wordless Weekend

15 Ashlee April 11, 2011 at 10:30 pm

The Boba (bubbles) is the best part! Taro slushie w/ boba is my absolute favorite flavor. Remember it’s a texture thing though. You either like it or you don’t. While growing up my Mother used to call them lugies…eww

16 Krystina (Organically Me) April 11, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I LOVE bubble tea. The boba are basically flavorless but add this awesome, unexpected chew to the drink.

17 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 11, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Back in University I used to be all over bubble tea like a fat kid on ice cream… and that similie is pretty accurate.

But truthfully it is really really tasty. My favourite was coconut milk tea with lychee jellies.

18 Lacey @ Lake Life April 11, 2011 at 11:04 pm

I absolutely adore Bubble Tea! Unfortunately, the only place to get it where I live is only open May-October πŸ™ Honeydew and cantaloupe are my favorite!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Equal opportunity pet-sitter

19 Kacy April 11, 2011 at 11:05 pm

I haven’t had any strawberries yet this Spring. It’s tragic!
Kacy recently posted..A Healthy Habit Journey- Post 9 from the SIL- Eat More Fiber!

20 Amy April 11, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I have never had bubble tea either, so don’t feel bad! Although all those choices at “Got Tea” is pretty cool… slushie tea def intrigued me! Good luck tomorrow!
Amy recently posted..Monday was a migraine day

21 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 11, 2011 at 11:56 pm

I grilled some radishes a few days ago- they were amazing!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

22 Dina @ DinaRuns April 12, 2011 at 6:16 am

I’ve never had (or heard of) bubble tea but it sounds interesting. Not sure I would enjoy having something chewy or crunchy in my tea though.
Dina @ DinaRuns recently posted..Food you can’t live without

23 Whitney April 12, 2011 at 7:16 am

love radishes
Whitney recently posted..Joker in the making

24 Jaclyn April 12, 2011 at 8:00 am

We had a bubble tea place near my apartment in college and I used to go all the time! It’s awesome and totally worth a try. My regular order was honey milk black tea with the traditional tapioca bubbles. I tried a few others, but always went back to my favorite. Yum! Now I want some bubble tea… I’ll have to try to find a place near my office.
Jaclyn recently posted..Banana Crunch Bread

25 Hope April 12, 2011 at 8:12 am

I’ve never had bubble tea either. I’m not even sure what it is but I would be willing to try it. πŸ™‚ That chicken looks great! I love stuffed chicken!
Hope recently posted..A Summer Preview…

26 Katy April 12, 2011 at 10:07 am

I’ll come back and be your bubble tea guide. But yes…you DO need the boba to really experience it, so next time definitely get them. They’re so fun to suck up through the straw!

I had the mango-raspberry slushie with boba. But in general, I like the creamy vanilla type of drinks with boba.

27 Katie G. April 12, 2011 at 1:50 pm

This stuffed chicken looks SO good!! ha, Derek should know better than to try to steal your food, lol
Katie G. recently posted..My First Triathlon

28 natalie (the sweets life) April 13, 2011 at 1:26 pm

you definitely need to try bubble tea again—not sure if that place is the same as the one in STL, but i recommend getting a slush over a snow (a snow has dairy in it)…the fruity flavors are my favorite, and GET the boba!!! πŸ™‚
natalie (the sweets life) recently posted..Raisin and Pine Nut Asparagus