Wanted: New Running Jamz

by Meghann on April 6, 2011

Every runner’s dilemma

Screen shot 2011-04-06 at 9.29.21 AM.png

Updating the ole playlist.

I have a half marathon this weekend and need some new songs to jam to. (yes, I said ‘jam’ πŸ˜‰ )

Here were some suggestions I got from twitter:

• The new Avril Song
  • Born This Way by Lady Gaga
  • Futuristic Lover – Kanye West & Katy Perry
  • Who Says by Selena Gomez
  • Till the World Ends – Britney Spears
  • S & M – Rhianna
  • Mean – Taylor Swift
  • On the Floor – J. Lo
  • Blow – Ke$ha
  • Atlantic – Midway State
  • Lupe Fiasco – The Show Goes On
  • Peacock – Katy Petty
  • Rolling in the Deep – Adele

Anyone have any good ones to add to the list? I’m looking for recent, fresh songs to get my legs moving..

Personally, I’ve been a fan of running to ‘The Lazy Song’ by Bruno Mars lately.

It inspires how the rest of the day will turn out after the run. πŸ˜‰

I took my old playlist for a run this morning and did 5 miles around the block. I took a few side streets to break the run up a little bit and welcomed the change in scenery.

After the run I made a delicious bowl of oats to refuel with.

In the mix:

1/2 Pear

Granola

Just for giggles:

Screen shot 2011-04-06 at 9.55.18 AM.png

Clearly I am a very mature 26 year old. πŸ˜‰

1 Kara April 6, 2011 at 9:58 am

I like running to Darius Rucker and Brad Paisley. Their songs are upbeat enough for running, plus I can sing along πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..Pain is never convenient

2 Meghann April 6, 2011 at 2:29 pm

A girl after my own heart. πŸ™‚ I’ve seen both of those artists in concert. Love them!

3 emily April 6, 2011 at 9:59 am

It’s not new, but it really is the best running song of all time – “My Dick” by Dirt Nasty. Just Google it. But if you’re offended, then I didn’t recommend it! πŸ™‚
emily recently posted..Test- Testing

4 Meghann April 6, 2011 at 2:30 pm

haha Emily! I would not expect that from you! Probably too much for me. I can’t even handle the un-edited version of ‘Forget You’

5 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 6, 2011 at 9:59 am

I hope you like the Midway State song! Till the World Ends by Britney is also on my playlist right now. I’ve managed to find a clean remix of Pink’s F*ing Perfect on Youtube which is also pretty good.. not sure if it’s on iTunes but you could check!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Lunch date at The Bauer Kitchen

6 Ali @ Ali Runs April 6, 2011 at 10:00 am

I just downloaded a bunch of new Glee music including “Raise Your Glass” by Blaine. Love that! But I also love all of Adele’s new cd!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Marathon Training Plan and 98!

7 Jessica April 6, 2011 at 10:01 am

I have a bunch of Glee songs on my workout playlist too, they are the best! Esp. Gwenenth’s version of “forget you” πŸ™‚
Jessica recently posted..Luck Be a Spare Key Tonight Shrimp Γ‰touffΓ©e Recipe

8 Meghann April 6, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Glee is ALL over my running playlist!

9 Jessica April 6, 2011 at 10:00 am

I love any old GOOD Michael Jackson. Makes me want to run and dance at the same time! PYT is probably my fave. My other current repeat is Mike Posner “Please Don’t Go”. Hope that spices it up a little πŸ˜‰
Jessica recently posted..Luck Be a Spare Key Tonight Shrimp Γ‰touffΓ©e Recipe

10 Kate @ Spoonful of Vigor April 6, 2011 at 10:01 am

You should check out jog.fm. Tons of user-submitted workout songs, and you can sort by desired BPM/pace.
Kate @ Spoonful of Vigor recently posted..Reading for our trip to Florida I almost bought β€œThe

11 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 6, 2011 at 10:01 am

I’m a big fan of working out and running to lil wayne, beyonce, and J5

good luck with your half this weekend! πŸ™‚

12 Sarah April 6, 2011 at 10:04 am

It’s not very new but I always like listening to modest mouse, one offbeat songs has a good beat to it, I think it’s either float on or dashboard. I can’t remember but both are good. πŸ™‚

13 Angela April 6, 2011 at 10:04 am

Have you ever tried running to a soundtrack? I found out that TRON Legacy’s soundtrack by Daft Punk makes for a perfect run for me.
Angela recently posted..How my perception of American entertainment has changed

14 Jessica April 6, 2011 at 10:28 am

The social network’s soundtrack is really good, so is 127 hrs. I’m not sure how they would translate into running songs but neither have a lot of words so I imagine you could totally just get into the groove and do your thing to the beat. I like driving to them lol.
Jessica recently posted..Look Both Ways

15 Meghann April 6, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I’ve run to Musical soundtracks before (Wicked, RENT, Spring Awakening, etc) but never a plain movie soundtrack. I’m not much of a music fan unless words are involved. πŸ™‚

16 Lauren April 6, 2011 at 10:04 am

Hollywood – Michael Jackson
Is Anybody Out There – Maroon 5
Stage Fright – Blake McGrath
The Rockafeller Skank – Fat Boy Slim [got me through that 16th kilometre]
Prom Queen – Lil Wayne -> one of my favorite running songs, strange!!
I Like It – Enrique Iglesias
Lauren recently posted..if april showers bring may flowers- what does april snow bring

17 Andrea April 6, 2011 at 10:04 am

I’m loving ‘All of the Lights’ by Kanye, Rihanna, Kid Cudi, etc.

18 Marisa E April 6, 2011 at 10:37 am

YES!!! I was just going to suggest that!! Meghann you have to add this one!

19 christine April 6, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I have that song in my Half Marathon playlist twice!
christine recently posted..Morsels of Awesomeness

20 Meghann April 6, 2011 at 2:32 pm

got it!

21 kristy @ kristyruns.com April 6, 2011 at 10:06 am

They seriously aired that commercial!?! One more reason I’m happy without a tv. πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Running in Europe

22 Meghann April 6, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I know. I was really shocked when I saw it. It was a funny commercial though – it takes place at a bridal shower and the bride receives 3 as presents. When she gets home she tells the groom whats she got and he’s like ‘Yes!’ And the acting was about as bad/ cheesy as you would expect πŸ™‚

23 Ali @ Ali on the Run April 6, 2011 at 10:06 am

I’m obsessed with “Stereo Love” right now. Great beat, and I totally zone out to it.
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..A New Beginning

24 Amy @ThenThereWere April 6, 2011 at 10:06 am

I’m not totally sure why but I workout so hard to the song ‘someone like you’ by Adele – must be the beat or something…

Amy x

25 Meghann April 6, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Everyone keeps reccomending it. I guess I should download it and give it a try. πŸ™‚

26 Katy (The Singing Runner) April 6, 2011 at 10:08 am

Most of your songs are actually on my playlist! πŸ™‚ Hope to run into you this weekend! πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Chicago Marathon 2011 Training Reflection- Week 2

27 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 6, 2011 at 10:09 am

I’m not much help in the music department – I like classic rock and oldies! πŸ˜‰

28 kara t. April 6, 2011 at 10:09 am

Young The Giant- My Body..it could be the only song on my playlist and I’d be good

Jessie J- Price Tag
kara t. recently posted..Have I Done Any Good

29 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 6, 2011 at 10:14 am

This is no help, just wanted to say I really like that Katy Perry/Kanye song. I listened to that on repeat about 5 times on my run yesterday.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Welcome to The Runny Egg!

30 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run April 6, 2011 at 10:17 am

The Katy and Kanye song is called “E.T.” if you actually wanna get that one. I like it better without Kanye personally.

I just bought the new Britney album for the Iron Girl on Sunday. πŸ™‚ That album is a win.
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..Hot to Trot

31 Meghann April 6, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Britney is always great for running!

32 Jen G. April 6, 2011 at 10:17 am

My latest additions to my running playlist are Jay-Z’s “Run this Town” and Rihanna’s “Hard.” I’ve also recently become re-obsessed with Jill Scott’s “Hate on Me.”

33 Morgan @ Life After Bagels April 6, 2011 at 10:18 am

I can literally workout to the same playlist everyday for a year hahaha I don’t know why but as long as I’ve got something on it makes me move
Morgan @ Life After Bagels recently posted..PIPES Guest Post- Get Creative

34 Meghann April 6, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I usually too, but I thought it would be fun to spruce it up.

35 Megan @ Megan Mumbles April 6, 2011 at 10:18 am

Love the Glee Music!!
Megan @ Megan Mumbles recently posted..Hitting the pavement again

36 Laura April 6, 2011 at 10:20 am

Usher – More! I listen to so many of those songs ALL day at work, so I get sick of some of those songs quickly, but I still get excited every time More comes on.

37 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 6, 2011 at 10:24 am

Haha, I’ve never seen a commercial for a vibrator! I am loving Usher’s ‘More’ recently. It’s the best song to run to!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

38 Michelle April 6, 2011 at 10:27 am

I’ve been obsessed with that Adle song lately! Also the new Kayne/Katy Perry song ET is great to run to!

39 Kaitlyn April 6, 2011 at 10:27 am

I really enjoy running to the song “All I Do Is Win” by DJ Khaled. It was super motivating during my half this past weekend.

Other favorites:
DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love — Usher
Please Don’t Go — Mike Posner
Vertigo — U2
We Speak No Americano — Yolanda Be Cool & Dcup
Yeah 3X — Chris Brown

Also check out Girl Talk and Super Mash Bros — both really great to run to!

40 Kate April 6, 2011 at 10:32 am

Through & Through & Through by Joel Plaskett.
It’s more indie rock than Bruno Mars, but super fun and motivating.

41 Biz April 6, 2011 at 10:33 am

I am stealing the list you have so far. I hated every song on my iPod so I deleted the whole thing . . . now I only have one song on it! πŸ™
Biz recently posted..Weekend Recap and Winning!

42 Rae April 6, 2011 at 10:33 am

When S&M (Riri) or The Show Goes On (Lupe) come on towards the end of a run, they give me just the spark I need to finish strong. Highly, highly recommend those two!

43 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 6, 2011 at 10:37 am

Marianas Trench – “All to Myself” and “Celebrity Status”

44 Faith @ lovelyascharged April 6, 2011 at 10:47 am

It’s definitely way more rock than any of your other choices, but if you can handle a little edginess, A Day to Remember All I Want is AWESOME!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..SautΓ©ed Dandelion Greens with Sweet Onions and Sherry

45 Amanda April 6, 2011 at 10:48 am

I’m also really loving S&M by Rihanna, On the Floor by JLo, and ET by Kanye and Katy Perry. Glee has had some good songs pretty recently – I love their Thriller/Heads will Roll mashup and Animal.

46 Chelsea April 6, 2011 at 10:49 am

I always hear a song on the radio, and I’ll think this would be a great song for working out but then I forget it or forget who sings it! Thats why it is always easy to go with top 20 music. I do like Brittany’s new stuff.
Chelsea recently posted..The Dreaded LBs

47 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 6, 2011 at 10:50 am

I just downloaded Black and Yellow by Wiz Kalifa. It pains me because I HATE the Steelers, but the song is just to catchy!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..A Long Walk- The More-Fitness Half Marathon

48 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy April 6, 2011 at 10:51 am

Don’ t mind me I’ll just be stalking these comments for new songs!! πŸ™‚

49 Rae April 6, 2011 at 10:56 am

“Till I collapse” by Eminem. Sounds counterintuitive, but I saw a tyoutube with Ironman clips to this song and I got addicted! Makes me feel like YES< you CAN get through this!!
Rae recently posted..Confessions of a Triathlete- part II

50 Errign April 6, 2011 at 11:11 am

Anything by Ke$ha is a safe bet.

The Katy Perry song is actually called “E.T.” but it’s FAB.

“That Time (Dirty Bit)” Black Eyed Peas
“Stuck Like Glue” Sugarland
Errign recently posted..Bringing back the awesome

51 Anastasia April 6, 2011 at 11:16 am

Here’s some of my favorite songs to run to:
Kid Sister – Right Hand Hi
J*Davey – Slooow
Kid Sister – Get Fresh
Mann – Buzzin’
Anastasia recently posted..I’m An Auntie!

52 Amy April 6, 2011 at 11:16 am

PERFECT timing for this post! I was just thinking this morning that I’m getting a little tired of hearing Enrique’s “I Like It”…LOL.
Amy recently posted..Tuesday- Tuesday

53 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me April 6, 2011 at 11:17 am

I’m immature too. My friends and I call sex, jam…as in omg they were caught jammin! So your post made me laugh.
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Decisions and a Major Veggie Craving

54 Savannah April 6, 2011 at 11:22 am

I’ve gotten into listening to whole soundtrack on long runs – loving Rock of Ages right now!
Savannah recently posted..Chilly Hilly Runs!

55 Jess@atasteofconfidence April 6, 2011 at 11:24 am

haha funny commerical tweet:)

56 Michelle April 6, 2011 at 11:28 am

A few of my recent favorites that weren’t mentioned…

Backseat – New Boyz
Runaway Baby – Bruno Mars
Right Above it All – Lil Wayne (ft. Drake)
I Don’t Wanna Care Right Now – Lupe Fiasco

I also heard the new Rhianna/Nicki Minaj sound this morning on the way to work and I think I need to add it to the playlist!

I will be at IronGirl too on Sunday. I’m pretty sure I’ll be too chicken to actually say hi if I see you though. Ha ha. So have a great race!
Michelle recently posted..Confession Wednesday- Burn Out

57 Meghann April 6, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Just downloaded Runaway Baby – loved the preview they had in iTunes – can’t wait to run to it. πŸ™‚

And please, please say HI if you see me!!!

58 Kaitlyn May 17, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I love these suggestions!

59 Hope April 6, 2011 at 11:41 am

I’m loving that new Bruno Mars song too! It has such a good beat to it. I would have to say any Ke$ha song or the new song with Katy Perry & Kayne West is a good one too!
Hope recently posted..Healthier Chicken Pot Pie…

60 Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) April 6, 2011 at 11:42 am

I’m kind of surprised that all of those are pop songs! You should look up “Float On” by Modest Mouse. Or “My Body” by Young the Giant.
Just added those two to my list! Also, anything GLEE! Their ‘Singing in the Rain’ mashup is one of my fav songs to run to!
Also-“Dog Days” by Florence and the Machine! It’s such a happy tune!
Sorry for the book, I just love music πŸ™‚

61 Emily @ Savory and Savage April 6, 2011 at 11:46 am

I listen to music when run on a treadmill – I have never tried it when I run outside.

Hmm, I will have to start contemplating song lists…
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Savory ricotta balls

62 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep April 6, 2011 at 11:48 am

I’m currently obsessed with “Hard” by Rihanna.
Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep recently posted..Scenes from a perfect Sunday

63 kristin April 6, 2011 at 11:49 am

riot rhythm by sleigh bells and rolling in the deep by adele πŸ™‚

64 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life April 6, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Not new, but I love Empire State of Mind!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Things I Love Today

65 Anneliese April 6, 2011 at 12:01 pm

What a fun thread!! I’ve added so many new songs to my playlist. Thanks everyone!
Here are some songs (not new, but lesser-known, I think) that I really like

Glow- Madcon (this is ALWAYS the first song on my running playlists)
Silver Lining- Rilo Kiley
Major Tom – Shiny Toy Guns
Ready Steady Go – Paul Oakenfold
La Copa de Vida – Ricky Martin

and of course
The Dog Days are Over – Florence and the Machine (even if it’s from last summer)

I also really like bollywood, so I have great dance songs from different movies πŸ™‚ my current fav is Dance Pe Chance from Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (a FANTASTIC romantic comedy!!)

66 Alaina April 6, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I love listening to “More” by Usher when I run. And anything by Linkin Park.
Alaina recently posted..Coconut Almond Chicken and Coconut Lime Rice

67 Megan April 6, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of house mash-ups mixed with some top 40s.

Party Rock Anthem- LMFAO ft. Laruen Benett and Goorock
The Show Goes On- Lupe Fiasco
Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) – Katy Perry
Coming Home- Dirty Money Ft. Skylar Grey
More (RedOne Remix) – Usher
Who Dat Girl – FloRida
Hit The Lights – Jay Sean ft. Lil Wayne

This may also sound what you hear at a bar on a Friday night… either way never fails to make me want to move my legs faster!

Good luck this weekend!

68 Lauren April 6, 2011 at 12:29 pm

These are all TOTAL guilty pleasure songs (as in I’m kind of ashamed to have them on my iPod), but they’re good for running…

Booty Bounce – Dev
What’s My Name – Rihanna
Burn it to the Ground – Nickelback
Diamond Eyes – Shinedown

And for something I’m not embarrassed to like…the entire Sleigh Bells’ CD is incredibly good for running!

69 Karen April 6, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Something Good Can Work by Two Door Cinema Club
What You Know by Two Door Cinema Club
Kiss With a Fist by Florence + the Machine
Paris (Ooh La La) by Grace Potter & the Nocturnals

70 wendy sue April 6, 2011 at 12:32 pm

ain’t nothing wrong by robert randolph + the family band
little lion man mumford + sons
kick drum heart avett bros
dog days florence + the machine
list of demands- saul (johnson, i think)
underdog by spoon
are all in heavy rotation on my ipod
wendy sue recently posted..Wishlist Wednesday- its the final countdown!

71 Jenna April 6, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Coming Home: Ditty-Dirty Money and Skylar Grey
Forget You- Cee Lo Green
Who Dat Girl (feat. Akon) – Flo Rider
Pretty Girl Rock – Keri Hilson (my new fav)
Upgrade U (feat. Jay-Z) – Beyonce

72 Dori April 6, 2011 at 12:36 pm

I have an entire page on my blog dedicated to this, but I sent this short version to NBC New York yesterday so I might as well post here:

Learning to Fly – Tom Petty
Hard to Concentrate – Red Hot Chili Peppers
United State of Pop 2009 – DJ Earworm
Son’s Gonna Rise – Citizen Cope
Remind Me – Royskopp
Dori recently posted..Acupuncture at Exhale Spa

73 Meghann April 6, 2011 at 2:49 pm

You are really into music. Love it. One of us has to be!

74 LauraJayne April 6, 2011 at 12:45 pm

I’m SO behind on current music! I think it’s because I never listen to the radio, except for NPR (yep, I’m that nerd!). For my most recent playlist, I just did songs that made me smile when they came on – no attention to tempo at all – and they totally made my race!
LauraJayne recently posted..Win an Amazon Gift Card!

75 Shannon April 6, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I listen to Cobra Starship (my favorite band) while running or working out.

My current running playlist is:
Bring It- Cobra Starship
International Love- Pitbull
ET- Katy Perry
Shut It Down- Pitbull
I Can Transform Ya- Chris Brown
Backseat- New Boyz
Shannon recently posted..Wedding

76 Clare @ Fitting It All In April 6, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I’m making my playlist for my first marathon tonight. Def. using some of those suggestions! To me, Born To Run is a running playlist necessity.
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Is This What It Feels Like

77 Amber April 6, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I am still a fan of fire work – Katy Perry πŸ™‚ just saying.
Amber recently posted..Not Giving Up

78 laurita April 6, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Lately I’ve really been on a reggaeton kick, probably because I’ve been trying to improve my Spanish and because I’m so sick of all the overplayed songs on the radio nonstop. You really should check some of these songs out, and prepare to have your mind blown.

Some faves as of the past few weeks:
Si no le contesto (ft. Tony Dize, Zion, and Lennox) by Plan B
Danza Kuduro by Don Omar and Lucenzo
La Despedida by Daddy Yankee
Pose by Daddy Yankee
Nina bonita by Chino & Nacho
Es un secreto by Plan B

Enjoy =)

79 Anneliese April 6, 2011 at 9:24 pm

THANK YOU!
These songs are awesome and I never know where to look for new Reggaeton. Can’t wait for my run tomorrow!

80 Raya April 6, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I have no idea the name of it or who sings it but right now I love the song “oooh I’m gonna get beside ya…I’ll be your backseat driver…” LOL hope you enjoyed my singing. American Idol watch out!

81 Meghann April 6, 2011 at 2:49 pm

haha. oh yeah – totally narrows it down

82 Lauren April 6, 2011 at 1:36 pm

LOVE running to “Who’s That Chick” by Rihanna and David Guetta! Highly recommend it for your list πŸ™‚

83 Ginny April 6, 2011 at 1:45 pm

your touch – black keys
the seed 20 – the roots
a-punk – vampire weekend
blue orchid – the white stripes
sweet disposition – the temper trap
shut up and let me go – the ting tings
paper gangster – lady gaga
i wanna talk about me – toby keith

those are my favorites!

84 Meghann April 6, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I love Wanna Talk About Me by Toby Keith. Totally brings me back to freshmen year of college. πŸ™‚

85 Halley (Blunder Construction) April 6, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Try Janelle Monae’s ‘Tightrope’, I literally can’t help myself when it comes on, I bounce while I run!
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..Guts!

86 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 6, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I love your list!! I also love Matisse “Better than her”

87 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 April 6, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Try “Welcome to the Show” by Britt Nicole and “Tonight” by tobyMac.
breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 recently posted..This weekand other randoms

88 Evan Thomas April 6, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I’m not sure if it’s new or old or what but “In My Head” by Mayday Parade has been my favorite up-tempo song lately. I think it’s a remake of a pop song but I don’t know it.

89 jessica @ domesticated-bliss April 6, 2011 at 3:06 pm

My all time fave runningtune is A Milli by Lil Wayne, its the best beat!

90 Christina April 6, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Buahahahaha!!! I guess that is one way to prevent teen pregnancy!

Love the songs! I’m gearing towards yoga but reading this post makes me miss running πŸ™

91 Tania April 6, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Definitely Florence and the Machine!
I have club mixes of Umbrella and Smells Like Teen Spirit, which are great cause they’re longer. Also, I’ve had parts of the Run Lola Run soundtrack on my playlist for years… I never get sick of it when I’m running.

Time to update my list with some of these great suggestions!

92 Lauren April 6, 2011 at 3:49 pm

I need some music for my playlists too, I hardly ever update them! I love ET by Katy Perry, and the new Britney Spears songs.
Lauren recently posted..Guest Post

93 Caileigh April 6, 2011 at 3:51 pm

My two current favourites are Electric by Shawn Desman, and Animal by Neon Trees!
Caileigh recently posted..I swear I’m not dead

94 Bridget April 6, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Ooo I need to come back to this post once I’m home and can download…but recently I’m loving:

Just Can’t Get Enough – Black Eyed Peas
Buzzin’ – Mann
You Be Killin Em – Fabolous
Who Dat Girl – Flo Rida

Another random but song I LOV is Pretty Please by Estelle – really upbeat!
Bridget recently posted..Blogspiration

95 emmy April 6, 2011 at 4:07 pm

I have so many embarrassing running songs but i have to go with most anything by ke$ha, and i’m into justin bieber when i run for some reason…

i’ll be running iron girl on sunday too~ flying in from baltimore tomorrow for my first time traveling this far by myself without landing near someone i know AND it’ll be my first race with no spectators or runners i know (and, yes, i am a little nervous!)

good luck sunday!
emmy recently posted..On Swimming…

96 Amy April 6, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Not sure if this was mentioned but I like Willow Smith’s song Whip My Hair. Oh and Basshunter’s Now You’re Gone. Cheryl Cole is good for a fast beat but she is hard to find since she is more popular in the UK!
Amy recently posted..My love for chemicals

97 rachel April 6, 2011 at 4:29 pm

i’ll be checking out all the top choons from your post and the comments as my gym playlist needs updating. currently i’m listening to the following:
roll up – wiz khalifa
black and yellow – wiz khalifa
all time low – the wanted
traktor – wretch 32
who you are – Jessie J
who’s that chick – david guetta
get outta my way – kylie
let the sun shine – labrinth
rachel recently posted..Cleos porn pose

98 Sarah K April 6, 2011 at 4:37 pm

My body- by young the giant
Anna Sun- by walk the moon
Glee’s version of Bills, Bills, Bills—- Darren Criss πŸ™‚

plus some older songs that always pump me up:
United States of Pop 2009- by DJ Earworm
Cozza Frenzy- by Bassnectar
Gunpowder and Lead- by Miranda Lambert
Fashion- by Lady Gaga
Sarah K recently posted..Matchbox Twenty and Earth Day

99 Lauren @chigallauren April 6, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Florence+The Machine, Dog Days are Over…and Britney’s new singles!
Lauren @chigallauren recently posted..Sweet and Savory

100 delia April 6, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Some of my tried and true running songs

Defying Gravity from the Wicked soundtrack
Listen to your Heart dance remix
Higher by Taio Cruz
Don’t Bring Me Down by ELO
Evacuate the Dancefloor by Cascada

101 Lee April 6, 2011 at 6:23 pm

I’m really loving The Cave by Mumford and Sons and ET by Kanye West and Katy Perry right now. (Is that the same as futuristic lover?)

102 Jess April 6, 2011 at 9:17 pm

If you’re a fan of mashups, basically anything by DJ Earworm (I saw a couple of people mention his United States of Pop–love them all), all available as MP3s through his site–but I also check out mashuptown.com. My favorites are always the ones that include songs I already know, and lots of the ones on the lists so far seem to show up!

103 Elise April 6, 2011 at 9:24 pm

i’m lovin’ Avril & Taio Cruz. i’m also updating my playlist for my half marathon this weekend πŸ™‚ good luck!

and i saw your tweet last night and was laughing hysterically πŸ™‚
Elise recently posted..Bean-a-thon- Falafel Me

104 Kacy April 6, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I really need to update my play list! It’s so played out!
Kacy recently posted..BIG talk

105 Becky April 6, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Whenever I hear “You can get with this or you can get with that” it makes me smile thinking of the gangsta hamster Kia commercial…I mean, what is better on a run than some lil gangsta hamster smiles!?!?!!

Pink’s F*ckin Perfect right now…
Lady Antebellum American Honey or When you got a good thing
Kid Rock For the First Time In A Long Time
Rihanna S&M
Katy Perry Firework

Maybe those are some different ones for you to try out!
Becky recently posted..Long Time No Post

106 Katherine: Unemployed April 7, 2011 at 1:06 pm

basically I love all those songs except in the Glee cast version
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..G-Unit- Uncle Kracker- Lonestar- Weezer and Charlie Chaplin

107 Liz April 8, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Try Girl Talk’s new(ish) album All Day…I am addicted to running to it!
Liz recently posted..What to do when Spring is still chilly- or- When an Educated Short Rib Decides it Would Rather be a Taco