more ยป" />

Felicitous

by Meghann on April 6, 2011

I’m in love.

And his name is Felicitous Independent Coffee Shop.

Cutest. Coffee Shop. Ever.

I actually found Felicitous by randomly googling ‘ Coffee Shops in Tampa’ That search brought be to UrbanSpoon where Felicitous was located on a review in the sidebar.

Technically it’s not located in Tampa (it’s in Lutz, about 20 mins from my house), but it was no farther than driving to South Tampa and the traffic was a lot more manageable. I also got a giggle when I pulled up and the little coffee shop was sandwiched between two separate BBQ places.

As soon as I walked in, I knew this place was a winner. It was colorful, quaint, and absolutely perfect for an afternoon ‘office’

If the atmosphere wasn’t enough, I was sold when I saw PEANUT BUTTER as one of their syrup flavored options. PEANUT BUTTER?!?!?1 Umm… Yes, please!!

IMG_5546.jpg

I ordered an Iced Tea Peanut Butter Latte (I’m a fan of making my own drinks up) and swooned on first sip. The only thing that would have made this better would have been a pump of mocha to go with it.

IMG_5547.jpg

I asked and the Peanut Butter was Da Vinci brand. And if you ask for an iced coffee they give you coffee ice cubes to go with it (I politely declined them in my tea. ๐Ÿ™‚ )

The drink was so good that I downed it in less than 5 minutes. Now, I’m trying to restrain myself from ordering another $4 drink for at least an hour. It’s going to be tough. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lunch wasn’t quite as exciting as my new coffee shop love, but I did try something new and delicious.

Grilled Cheese & Jam on Pumpernickel Bread.

I’ve had a Grilled Tempeh, Cheese, and Jam before, but never just a plain ole grilled cheese and jam. I used swiss cheese with blackberry jam. It was simple, but very flavorful.

I went a little crazy on sides.

First, welcome back pretzels & mustard!

It had been far too long, my loves.

I always get questions about the brand, so here’s a photo of the bag. (I’ve also purchased the Publix brand in the past, but I had a coupon this week).

Carrots & Hummus

The other half of my pear from breakfast.

Now, I’m contemplating this for dessert.

Screen shot 2011-04-06 at 1.57.47 PM.png

Holy Cow. Never mind the PB syrup. I’ll take a Red Velvet Frappe please!

1 Kara April 6, 2011 at 2:09 pm

PB and tea? Well, it’s not the strangest combo I’ve seen on this blog ๐Ÿ™‚
Kara recently posted..Pain is never convenient

2 mitzi @ my nikon eats food April 6, 2011 at 2:10 pm

coffee ice cubes! i need to get on that

3 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 6, 2011 at 2:10 pm

OMG PB latte?? I need one of those! ๐Ÿ™‚

looks like a cute place! ๐Ÿ™‚

4 Morgan @ Life After Bagels April 6, 2011 at 2:11 pm

grilled cheese and jam?!?!?! I’ve never tried that
Morgan @ Life After Bagels recently posted..PIPES Guest Post- Get Creative

5 Freya April 6, 2011 at 2:12 pm

PB pump in a latte?? Ohmygosh. Worth flying to Florida just for that!

6 Michelle April 6, 2011 at 2:13 pm

That’s the same brand of Pretzels I eat. Yummo!
Michelle recently posted..Know Your Body- Know Your Limits

7 Sarah @ See Sarah Eat April 6, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Oh my, my local coffee shops need to get some of that PB syrup! Sounds delicious ๐Ÿ™‚
Sarah @ See Sarah Eat recently posted..Noelleโ€™s โ€œNatural Products Expo Prize Pack Giveawayโ€

8 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 6, 2011 at 2:15 pm

PB syrup sounds delicious. I’ve never had a tea latte before — sounds really strange to me, I like lattes and I like tea, but I’m not so sure about mixing them together.

That coffee shop looks really cute!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Welcome to The Runny Egg!

9 hippierunner April 6, 2011 at 2:17 pm

The name of that place sounds so funny to me because it has all of my name (minus the a) in it! I’m glad it’s so awesome and hippie!
hippierunner recently posted..Happy PB&J Day

10 Lucy @ The Sweet Touch April 6, 2011 at 2:19 pm

diz-angggg!

those drinks look good – i love red velvet anything!
Lucy @ The Sweet Touch recently posted..Blood Orange Basil Olive Oil Cake

11 kristy @ kristyruns.com April 6, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Whoa. That coffee shop looks awesome! Pb syrup? Yes please! ๐Ÿ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Running in Europe

12 Christina April 6, 2011 at 2:27 pm

That frappe sounds good but that PB ice tea sounds out of this world!! I wonder how they make the PB syrup flavoring. Hmmmm…

13 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 6, 2011 at 2:28 pm

That is the cutest little shop- have fun working there ๐Ÿ™‚ Red velvet yumminess….and thanks for the info on the pretzels-that sounds good!

14 Hope April 6, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Peanut butter syrup?! I must get that asap! That sounds amazing! I like how they put coffee ice cubes in your drink also! So jealous of your cute coffee shops! ๐Ÿ™‚
Hope recently posted..Healthier Chicken Pot Pieโ€ฆ

15 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 6, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I worked in a coffee shop and made up my own drink by melting peanut butter with espresso and topping it with steamed milk and drizzling with caramel/sprinkling with cinnamon.

A TRUE PB LATTE!

16 Meghann April 6, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Whoa. Sounds amazing.

17 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me April 6, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Wow, what a fun place! I love local coffee shops! So cute and quaint!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Decisions and a Major Veggie Craving

18 Leah @ L4L April 6, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Ok, the coffee ice cubes is genius. I’m totally going to do that with our leftover coffee now.

19 Alex T. April 6, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I have the same plates. Random, but I thought I would share! ๐Ÿ™‚
Alex T. recently posted..Things I am Grateful For

20 Ashley April 6, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Mmm red velvet frappe Sounds amazing..sounds terrible for you..but amazing
Ashley recently posted..Boot Camp Instructor Training

21 Jess April 6, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Red velvet frappe? Yes please!
Jess recently posted..Sprints

22 Meredith April 6, 2011 at 3:30 pm

super cute! and that peanut butter flavor sounds like a definite winner!
Meredith recently posted..2011 match day how i matched with a dietetic internship

23 Errign April 6, 2011 at 3:41 pm

My coffee shop does coffee cubes too- I think it’s such a good idea for iced coffee.

And they have maple oatmeal scones….I die!
Errign recently posted..Bringing back the awesome

24 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 6, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Happy to see pretzels & mustard make a return!

25 Allie April 6, 2011 at 4:13 pm

There are so many delicious things in this post!

26 rachel April 6, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Pretzels and mustard. Why have I never come up with that combo before. This is a must try! Thanks!

27 Sana April 6, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Red Velvet?? HOLY YUM!

28 Kati April 6, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Coffee cubes are a great idea, you could also make tea cubes for iced tea. This is perfect, especially in Florida summers, since drinks with ice melt so fast and suddenly your drink is watered down. Now you can keep your drink cold and full flavored. You could even spice the cubes up with things like raspberry or strawberry then when they melt you have flavored tea!

29 Emily @ Savory and Savage April 6, 2011 at 4:32 pm

That is the most adorable coffee shop I have ever seen.

I love all the different kinds of furniture.
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Bibimbap

30 Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) April 6, 2011 at 4:34 pm

YUMMM! If you would’ve gotten a mocha pump, it might have ended up tasting like a Reese Cup! ๐Ÿ™‚ That place looks so cute. I love the idea of mustard and pretzels too! I usually get the ‘mustard-flavored’ pretzels ๐Ÿ˜€

I think coffee cubes are an awesome invention. I’m going to make it a point to make them this summer! Hope you are having a great day!
Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) recently posted..The Story Behind the Shoes

31 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy April 6, 2011 at 4:40 pm

You always find the cutest little coffee shops! And peanut butter flavor for iced coffee?? Sign me up!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

32 Sarah K April 6, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Red Velvet my favorite….I’ve never experienced it in frappe form though
Sarah K recently posted..Matchbox Twenty and Earth Day

33 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 6, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I love cute coffee shops! There aren’t really any close by me, but I try to seek them out when I can. I’m so much more productive in one than at home!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

34 River April 6, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Red velvet frappe??? I’m so jealous…I want one! I was all set to comment about the peanut butter syrup when I saw that!
River recently posted..LOTD – Work Outfit

35 Alaina April 6, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Love it! I love finding new coffee shops. That seating area looks like a bedroom I would have had growing up. ๐Ÿ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Coconut Almond Chicken and Coconut Lime Rice

36 Hilary April 6, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Wow…I think it’s a good thing I’m so far away from Tampa…the PB syrup and red velvet frappe sound totally tempting! And coffee ice cubes are SUCH a good idea!
Hilary recently posted..Break out the Tye-dye

37 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) April 6, 2011 at 7:09 pm

I love cute, quaint coffee shops!

I’m going to have to try some of those pretzels!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Would You Rather

38 Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted April 6, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Did you see doggie day on the calendar??
Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted recently posted..Good Food for Sick People

39 Dori April 6, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I need peanut butter syrup in my coffee and coffee iced cubes!!! NEED! Where in NYC has this syrup?!
Dori recently posted..Acupuncture at Exhale Spa

40 Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy April 6, 2011 at 8:55 pm

PB syrup! Noooo way!!! sounds delicious! I gave up pb for lent .. i cannot wait for easter morning haha
Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy recently posted..Luna Bar- Chocolate Dipped Coconut

41 Christine April 6, 2011 at 9:16 pm

I want a chocolate shake with that peanut butter syrup in it. Damn this less sugar goal I’m working on!
Christine recently posted..Morsels of Awesomeness

42 Kacy April 6, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Coffee ice cubes?? Red velvet frappes??? Okay, I’m moving to Florida.
Kacy recently posted..BIG talk

43 erica April 6, 2011 at 11:01 pm

pb latte? red velvet frappe?!?! i neeeeed to go there!
erica recently posted..birthdays- hikes- and whalesโ€ฆoh my!

44 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] April 7, 2011 at 1:23 am

yummm, that coffee looks creamy delicious!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..Vitamin D Therapy

45 Katherine: Unemployed April 7, 2011 at 1:06 pm

red velvet? I don’t know; that’s too daring for me!
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..G-Unit- Uncle Kracker- Lonestar- Weezer and Charlie Chaplin

46 Felicitous Owner - Rani April 24, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Hi Meghann!
I’m the owner of Felicitous Coffee House, and had come across your beautiful blog. Felicitous is actually now in the process of relocating right next to the University of South Florida. We haven’t announced our new address yet, as we prepare and renovate for our Grand Opening, slated for June! I wanted to invite you to swing by and have a Red Velvet Frappe on me (once we have re-opened). We will be documenting our progress on the renovations and announce the exact date on our ‘Facebook’ page… http://www.facebook.com/felicitouscoffee

Just ask for me, Rani, during our grand opening for your free drink!

Thanks for everything ๐Ÿ™‚

47 Meghann April 25, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Thanks for the comment Rani! I thought your coffee shop was ADORABLE and can’t wait for the Grand Opening of the USF location. I’ll be there to take you up on you Red Velvet Frappe for sure!