Yoga on Water

by Meghann on April 4, 2011

If you think yoga in a studio is tough, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

Let me introduce you to my new friend, Paddleboard Yoga.

18856_269209753375_187328593375_3228231_5745184_n.jpg

(photo courtesy of Paddleboard Orlando Facebook)

Yoga. On a Paddleboard. How freaking cool is that?!?!

Paddleboard Orlando was kind enough to lets us invade one of their classes this afternoon for an upcoming episode of Meals and Miles on IzonOrlando.com.

This time my Sister was able to join me as we balanced downward dogs, crow, and attempted handstands out in the water. It was definitely a one of a kind experience that I hope to replicate in the near future.

The class was pretty amazing and the team at Paddleboard Orlando were complete sweethearts. Be sure to check out next week’s episodes for the deets on what this Yoga Paddleboarding is all about. Trust me, you won’t want to miss it! *Spoiler Alert* a certain someone may or may not have taken a fall while attempting dancer’s pose on the water. 😉

This afternoon was FUN.

Yoga was fun. Spending time with my sister was fun. Heck, even the drive to and from Orlando was fun. (though my voice is no hoarse from belting out my entire Glee library).

I brought the last of my Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cupcakes to enjoy on the road.

I had one going out and one coming back. The sweet treats made the perfect road food.

IMG_5516.jpg

Kelly and I head to Dandellion after paddleboarding for their $5 Giddy Ups.

IMG_5530.jpg IMG_5533.jpg

We each asked for our Giddy Ups in salad form, but it definitely wasn’t enough to satisfy my hunger.

Sometimes the Giddy Ups are too much and other time they’re not enough. I guess it all depends how hungry I am when I order them. 🙂

It’s late and I’m exhausted.

Time for bed.

Good Night!!!

1 LindzGreerIndy April 4, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Can’t wait for that episode to air! What a fun idea!

2 Hannah (Running In Freedom) April 4, 2011 at 11:15 pm

That looks amazing! Thats an episode I’m going to have to see! 😉
Hannah (Running In Freedom) recently posted..Yoga- Brussys- and Birthdays

3 michelle April 4, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Ahhh! That must have been so fun!!
michelle recently posted..Flashback Friday – Korea

4 Kelly April 4, 2011 at 11:18 pm

Paddleboard yoga was SO awesome! Loved it! 🙂
Kelly recently posted..Operation Grow Grass

5 Katy (The Singing Runner) April 4, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Haha! That’s an episode I can’t wait to see! 🙂
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Chicago Marathon 2011 Training Reflection- Week 2

6 Jess@atasteofconfidence April 4, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Wow that is intense! Id be in the water in no time.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..media schmedia

7 Emily @ Savory and Savage April 4, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Yoga on a paddle board? Wow – I never would have guessed that.

Can’t wait to check out the episode!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Bottomless hats

8 Sana April 4, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Wow, that is so fun! I can’t wait to see!

9 mitzi @ my nikon eats food April 4, 2011 at 11:29 pm

wow that looks crazy and amazing at the same time. definitely something i’d want to try!

10 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 4, 2011 at 11:29 pm

I can’t wait to see this video! What a fun thing to do!

11 Caitlin @ TPL April 4, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Wow that is too cool! I think I would go dressed for swim class instead of yoga =)
Caitlin @ TPL recently posted..Local or Organic

12 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 4, 2011 at 11:33 pm

WHOA that is awesome!! I want to try that 🙂 Can’t wait to see it- that is soooo cool, Meghann!

13 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) April 4, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Wow, paddleboard yoga looks crazy! I’d be terrified of falling in the way the entire time, haha. I’m sure you get used to it, though. Sounds fun!
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..Now Is a Good Time to Buy Stock in Procter &amp Gamble

14 Angela @ MyPinkyToes April 4, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Wow! Paddleboard yoga looks so fun! I wish there was someway to do it in Missouri!

15 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 4, 2011 at 11:48 pm

That looks insane!! Oh my gosh, I would be in the water within 30 seconds 🙂 I can’t wait to see it!

16 River April 4, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Haha, I certainly don’t have enough co-ordination to try that! I’d end up in the water…a lot.
River recently posted..LOTD – Saturday 2nd April

17 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 5, 2011 at 12:24 am

That is crazy, what fun! Now I’m officially jealous – of the yoga and the PB cupcakes! 😛

18 Emma (Namaste Everyday) April 5, 2011 at 12:32 am

that is the coolest thing I have ever heard of!!!! I must try this some day
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..CinnaBon Craving Conquered!

19 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) April 5, 2011 at 12:33 am

Whoa!! What an interesting/crazy/super cool idea!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Tempeh Sandwich

20 Kiran April 5, 2011 at 12:46 am

Yoga on water?!? Cool. I’m still struggling with regular yoga 😀

21 Laura (Starloz) April 5, 2011 at 1:27 am

oh what an interesting idea, i can’t imagine even thinking this up as an idea!
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Big Eyes

22 Hannah @ Healthy Whip April 5, 2011 at 1:47 am

Wow that looks amazing- I would be in the water within seconds!! The salad looks lovely 🙂
Hannah @ Healthy Whip recently posted..Italian Night

23 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] April 5, 2011 at 2:12 am

What a cool idea – I’m excited to see the episode!
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..changes from my window

24 Tasha @ Voracious April 5, 2011 at 3:00 am

Yoga on a paddleboard!?!?!? EEEEK!!! I don’t know if I’d be brave enough. And I don’t know if I could stay afloat for more than a few seconds. Haha, I have trouble staying upright in regular yoga, let alone while floating on a paddleboard in the middle of a lake!

Those muffins….please, PLEASE send one this way!

25 Kara April 5, 2011 at 6:10 am

Well, I guessed aqua yoga, so I was pretty close!

I’m not even sure I could stand up on a paddle board!
Kara recently posted..Bondi Band headband review and giveaway!

26 Katherine: Unemployed April 5, 2011 at 6:41 am

yoga on drugs. wait did I say that. sorry. word vomit 🙁
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Hestia

27 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 5, 2011 at 6:50 am

WHOA that’s insane!! I’ll bet it required some SERIOUS balance…I can’t wait to see that video!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..A Long Walk- The More-Fitness Half Marathon

28 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out April 5, 2011 at 7:32 am

Wow!! That looks awesome!!!

And I love picture eating in the car. Too funny.

29 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 5, 2011 at 7:42 am

I bet that class was so much fun! I’d love to try that, except that I’d be terrified of falling in — I’m not a huge fan of the water.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Welcome to The Runny Egg!

30 Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East April 5, 2011 at 7:46 am

Yoga on the water sounds so much fun! I think I would be spending more time in the water though than on my board! I am such a clutz with no balance!
Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East recently posted..Fruit and Veggies

31 Victoria April 5, 2011 at 7:49 am

Is that Lake Ivanhoe? That sounds impossible to me – I have enough problems with yoga poses on the ground!

32 Hope April 5, 2011 at 8:10 am

That looks like fun! I’ve never heard of yoga on the water!
Hope recently posted..Healthier Chicken Pot Pie…

33 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life April 5, 2011 at 8:12 am

what a great idea! looks really fun.
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Things I Love Today

34 Faith @ lovelyascharged April 5, 2011 at 8:12 am

I saw that the Lululemon class this weekend is going to be a free paddleboard class and I’m dying to try it out! Are you going to be there?

35 Mimi April 5, 2011 at 8:26 am

I’ve never thought of much less HEARD about paddleboard yoga! My favorite part of the classes are the balance poses, so I think this would be up my alley!

36 Kacy April 5, 2011 at 8:43 am

That’s awesome, I have never heard of such a thing but it sounds so fun!

37 Evan Thomas April 5, 2011 at 9:15 am

I have a hard time doing yoga and staying on my mat. That’s definitely not a class for the balance impaired I’m guessing.

38 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me April 5, 2011 at 9:26 am

Wow that looks like it would be hard! My balance is horrific so I feel I would spend more time falling into the water than doing yoga!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Caught Something I Wish I Didn’t

39 Cait's Plate April 5, 2011 at 9:29 am

Haha WHAT! That is THE coolest thing I’ve ever heard of!! I can’t believe this is the first I’m hearing of it. But then again I do live in the Northeast so we’re all still in hibernation mode over here (did I mention I’m so jealous of your warm weather?! haha).
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Sushi Edamame

40 Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) April 5, 2011 at 9:29 am

That’s so awesome! I’ve never heard of yoga on water, I bet that’s really hard! Oh my gah, I love belting out GLEE at the top of my lungs! Every song makes me happy, plus it allows me to practice for American Idol 😉 Just kidding!
Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) recently posted..Hands Down…

41 Stacey April 5, 2011 at 9:30 am

Thats so cool! I cant wait for the webisode.
Stacey recently posted..Time Flies

42 Errign April 5, 2011 at 9:48 am

Whoooooa so cool! If it were me, I would be in the water constantly!
Errign recently posted..Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Love Muffins

43 meg @pinkgiggles April 5, 2011 at 10:00 am

Yoga on paddleboards looks so cool! I bet it was tough but so much fun 🙂

44 Shanna, Like Banana April 5, 2011 at 10:24 am

I’ve actually done this! In Lake Tahoe last summer, my friend and I did yoga on our boards and it was awesome. So zen!
Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..Finds and Fails

45 Ali @ Ali Runs April 5, 2011 at 10:32 am

What an awesome idea for a workout!! I can’t wait to watch to see how it’s done because I have a feeling I would definitely fall in the water. But gorgeous views! I wish there was something like that around where I live.
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Marathon Training Plan and 98!

46 Brittany April 5, 2011 at 10:39 am

that looks like a blast! so cool !
Brittany recently posted..It’s CRUNCH time…aaaanddd we’re back

47 Theresa @ActiveEggplant April 5, 2011 at 11:07 am

I just had my first paddle board/yoga outing a couple weeks ago here in Sarasota with Flow Kayak and Paddle Tours! I was such a fun time & super challenging – will definitely be doing it again!
Theresa @ActiveEggplant recently posted..Faceplant

48 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 5, 2011 at 1:00 pm

oh my gosh, that is the coolest thing I’ve ever seen!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..so amazing

49 LauraJayne April 5, 2011 at 1:09 pm

That looks SO cool – but I’m positive that I am not coordinated enough (or good enough at yoga) to stay dry!
LauraJayne recently posted..Win an Amazon Gift Card!

50 Sarah K April 5, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Talk about taking yoga to the next level. This weeks video should be fun, I want to see if they offer classes near me
Sarah K recently posted..Matchbox Twenty and Earth Day

51 Karolina April 5, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Yoga on the water? That’s amazing, and I imagine funny and difficult all in one. I think I’d be a mess!
Karolina recently posted..Thankfulness Project Monday

52 Kashif April 6, 2011 at 8:38 am

I guess you don’t get the same grounding affects as if you performed asanas on land, but looks really cool!
Kashif recently posted..Polishing the Mirror- Reflecting the Truth

53 Kim Depasquale June 13, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I am so excited you are embracing YOW. It is truly my passion and I am trilled you are using the photo of me. Can you please tag me or reference the photo as Kimberly Depasquale. Thank you so very much!!

Love Life Paddle…..

Kim
(founder of YOW)

If ever in Jupiter please look me up and come take a YOW class.