It’s Monday

by Meghann on April 4, 2011

A couple of things:

1. It’s Monday
  2. It’s April – when did it get to be April?
  3. I’m so exhausted, I’ll probably spend the whole week recovering from the weekend.
  4. Maddie really likes cereal

I know. It’s my fault for taking the photo and not shooing her away when I first saw her nose appear in my shot.

You see that peek of a nose in the bottom right corner? Should have been my first clue. πŸ™‚

She was hungry. We just ran three miles and her little belly was empty. My belly was empty too, hence the big bowl of cereal. πŸ™‚

• 1/2 cup Multigrain Cheerios
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Honey Sunshine
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Strawberries
  • 1/4 Blueberry Muffin

My Dad has a slight obsession with the large muffins you find at any wholesale retailer. Basically, anytime we walks into a Sam’s Club, Costco, or BJ’s he has to buy a package and the rule is he has to share. He left Derek and I a couple of the blueberry muffins from yesterday’s trip to BJ’s and a quarter of one made it into my bowl of cereal.

I thought the muffin would make a great, sweet addition, but the blueberry flavor got lost in the plain yogurt. The muffin didn’t have enough crunch to stand out on it’s own. Next time I’ll enjoy it on the side with a smear of nut butter.

I have a habit of ignoring my e-mail over the weekend. This makes for a great work-free weekend with family, but a really busy Monday morning of to-dos. Wish me luck!

Do you keep up with work over the weekend or you more of a step away from the computer and worry about it come Monday type of person? With the power of smart phones It’s really hard to be the latter.

1 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 4, 2011 at 9:41 am

yumm, forget the cereal that blueberry muffin looks delicious! πŸ™‚ I definitely keep working over the weekend, I’m not good at separating week and weekend!
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Body Weight Exercise Strength Workout

2 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 4, 2011 at 9:42 am

Ever try putting a muffin in the toaster oven then smearing with nut butter?

AMAZING.

3 Freya April 4, 2011 at 9:42 am

My cat does exactly what Maddie does :p
I use weekends to catch up with blog work – the week is full of study! Eck.

4 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 4, 2011 at 9:44 am

I have a slight obsession with those muffins too! Nothing beats the chocolate one πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

5 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe April 4, 2011 at 9:46 am

That breakfast looks so amazing. I have no smart phone, so I don’t check on things all day, but I do run to the computer a few times for a look.
Alayna @ Thyme Bombe recently posted..Mini announcement

6 katie April 4, 2011 at 9:47 am

Blueberry muffins are bomb!!! Yeah I dont know if I would like it in that mix! Just smeared with butter would be great!

Happy Monday!! xoxo
katie recently posted..Home sweet Home

7 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 4, 2011 at 9:50 am

I am definitely a “step away and deal with it on Monday” person. Even though my work email goes to my iPhone, I try not to look at it over the weekend because I know I’m not expected to respond right away (usually) and I don’t want to forget about those emails when I get back to work on Monday. Have a great day Meghann! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Lunch date at The Bauer Kitchen

8 Kaitlin April 4, 2011 at 9:52 am

Love Maddie’s cute nose!
Kaitlin recently posted..Another Great Weekend

9 Jessica April 4, 2011 at 9:55 am

Last week was my first vacation where I didn’t check my work email ONCE. (Aside from my honeymoon). It was better than I ever imagined it would be.
I will be reading emails until tomorrow afternoon, but nevertheless, totally worth it πŸ™‚
Jessica recently posted..Dinner for Days Crockpot Pulled Pork Recipe

10 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun April 4, 2011 at 9:56 am

I step away for the most part but do try to keep up if I have nothing going on for some reason.

Those two cereals are my top two favorites. Sounds like a delicious breakfast! Hope it fueled your to-dos well.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflections- Outward Beauty

11 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 4, 2011 at 10:01 am

Over the weekends I do not do anything work related — the company I work for doesn’t require it and they actually discourage it! I loved hearing when I first got hired.

I do keep up with my personal/blog email though on the weekends, not as much as during the week, but I do my best.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Welcome to The Runny Egg!

12 Erin April 4, 2011 at 10:07 am

In my first job out of college I didn’t even have a work email address! I got into the habit of leaving of work at work so now that’s my M.O. at my current job. Not at work? Don’t check work email unless I absolutely have to for some reason.
Erin recently posted..Weekly Workout Wround Up

13 Jessica April 4, 2011 at 10:09 am

I want a blueberry muffin now πŸ™
Jessica recently posted..The Little Things

14 Megan April 4, 2011 at 10:12 am

Your breakfast looks delish!

I’ve got a really fun nutrition themed giveaway on my blog today! You should check it out!

15 Ashley April 4, 2011 at 10:28 am

Mm i love those massive muffins too!
Ashley recently posted..Boot Camp Instructor Training

16 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather April 4, 2011 at 10:30 am

Those gigantic muffins from costco are addicting! I bet one with a crunchy topping like the banana nut would not be lost in creamy yogurt.

Since my work isn’t done at home it’s actually easy to not worry about it over the weekend. The large amounts of emails just sit and wait for me monday morning.

17 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 4, 2011 at 10:45 am

I definitely step away from work on the weekend – it’s all about balance, and the weekend is for relaxing!

18 Melissa April 4, 2011 at 10:49 am

I definitely try to keep weekends my own, especially since I work at least a couple weekend days a month. If I do too much work on the weekend, I feel like I need a vacation on monday!
Melissa recently posted..Rain Didn’t Stop the Parade

19 michelle April 4, 2011 at 11:03 am

My dog is constantly trying to stick his nose in our food!
michelle recently posted..Flashback Friday – Korea

20 Kacy April 4, 2011 at 11:14 am

I definitely step away from work. I mean, I have a part-time job that I work on the weekends and blog stuff – that’s enough work for me!
Love the dog nose shot. Dog noses are like the cutest thing ever!
Kacy recently posted..BIG talk

21 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out April 4, 2011 at 11:46 am

Meh, fault is relative. Sure made for a cute picture πŸ™‚
And I like to stay busy, so whether I work or not on the weekend is dependent upon whether or not my dance card is full.
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Too Much Wine and Who the Heck is Taking Pictures

22 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life April 4, 2011 at 12:05 pm

That bkfst looks amazing–as high in calories as they are, muffins are delish!

23 Stacey April 4, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I used to love the muffin variety packs too and when my family would take me to a wholesale place when I was in college I would get them. Its been a long time.
Stacey recently posted..Time Flies

24 Anastasia April 4, 2011 at 12:26 pm

The photo with her nose in the corner is too cute! My pup does the same thing. He stole some pizza crust off my plate the other night.. I would normally stop him, but it was cracking me up because he was moving soooo slow thinking that meant I couldn’t see him :]
Anastasia recently posted..Last Week and the Week Ahead

25 Emily @ Savory and Savage April 4, 2011 at 12:39 pm

If blogging counts as work – I definitely keep going through the weekend πŸ™‚

Everything else? Gets put on hold on the weekends.

Maddie is too cute!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Uptown and downtown

26 LauraJayne April 4, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I try to have one completely free from work day – usually Saturday – but I don’t always stick with it! Part of the problem is that I do homework Saturdays, so it’s just SO easy to quickly check and respond to emails (until I realize that it’s taken me an hour).

27 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 4, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I too let it all go and then catch up on MOnday! love your b-fast idea (cereal is soo tasty)

28 Sana April 4, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I love the over sized muffins from costco! I can only eat a small bit, so I add a little bit to every meal πŸ™‚

29 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me April 4, 2011 at 1:40 pm

The weekend is definitely me-time from my full-time job.

I blog for fun and don’t see income from it. If I did blog as a side-job it would be extremely difficult to discern between work and life….because your work is pretty much your life…if that makes sense haha.
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Caught Something I Wish I Didn’t

30 Kiran April 4, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Weekend is usually family time. Loads of “trying to keep away from Smartphones” thrown in πŸ˜€
Kiran recently posted..Sweden Spring-y

31 Cynthia Crowsen April 4, 2011 at 4:05 pm

The best way to eat those muffins in split in half and grilled in olive oil before the nut butter πŸ™‚

32 Meghann April 5, 2011 at 7:15 am

That does sound good!

33 Emma (Namaste Everyday) April 4, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I’m a workaholic! And also have a slight addiction to muffins. I wish my dad gave me free ones, lol!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..CinnaBon Craving Conquered!

34 River April 4, 2011 at 4:53 pm

That cereal looks so good!

I usually check my emails once or twice in the weekend, but don’t reply to them/follw up until Monday!
River recently posted..LOTD – Saturday 2nd April

35 Hilary April 4, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I like to email and stuff on the weekend…I’m usually at the computer blogging anyway, so why not?

36 BroccoliHut April 4, 2011 at 10:17 pm

How often do you run with Maddie? I am getting a Jack Russell Terrier pup in a few weeks (eee!SO excited!), and I want to run with her, but I am unsure as to how long she would be able to handle (once she’s not a puppy). Any suggestions/advice?

37 Meghann April 5, 2011 at 7:16 am

I usually take her for 3 mile runs once a week. But I had to build her up to that. Every dog is different, but Maddie LOVES to run

38 Katherine: Unemployed April 5, 2011 at 7:07 am

I work at the same pace week/day/month-long. Slow and steady but I never procrastinate!
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Hestia