more ยป" />

Window Buying

by Meghann on April 3, 2011

Good Morning Afternoon!

We’ve been pretty lazy around here. Sleeping in…. breakfast out with the ‘rents… a little shopping… and all of a sudden it’s almost 3:00! ๐Ÿ™‚

The morning began in a little hole in the wall restaurant in Derek’s parents’ neck in the woods.

We took my parents out to breakfast with his parents’, brother, and girlfriend. It was quite a lively table of sharing old stories and dreaming of future vacations. ๐Ÿ™‚

The menu had your typical greasy diner options and I had a hankering for french toast.

Complete with the side of egg and ham eight on top.

It’s better that way. Trust me. ๐Ÿ™‚

After breakfast a little ‘window shopping’ turned into a little window buying. (Just in time for Derek’s birthday next weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Derek joked that it was a present for him CC me. That’s one of the perks of moving in together, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰ We needed a new TV for the bedroom and his upcoming birthday seemed like the perfect excuse to splurge on one.

There was really no excuse for the sunglasses. I just thought they looked cool. ๐Ÿ™‚

My parents stuck around as long as they could, but once we returned from shopping it was time to say good bye. They’re only 2 hours away and I already miss them. Though, I’m pretty sure Maddie misses them more. She spent a solid 20 minutes circling the apartment and barking at the door after they left. She wasn’t ready for them to leave.

It has been a weekend of greasy eats and sweets. I was craving nothing but fresh fruit and veggies for lunch.

I made a veggie-ful wrap of hummus, green beans, carrots, mushrooms, swiss cheese, and salsa.

The crisp green beans and carrots really added a nice, fresh crunch to the wrap. It was fun to eat and really satisfied my need to for something green.

On the side I polished off the last of the fruit salad from yesterday’s breakfast.

There’s still enough time in the day to get out and enjoy this amazing weather. I think it may be time to get the dust off the ole bike and take her for a spin on a new trail. I haven’t ridden in months! Should be fun. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 3, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Enjoy your bike ride! ๐Ÿ™‚
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Good and Bad

2 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 3, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Have a great bike ride — it is actually pretty warm today and I’m about to head outside too!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Welcome to The Runny Egg!

3 Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) April 3, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Breakfast looks great! (Especially the french toast!)

When my boyfriend and I moved in together, we had so many doubles of everything! Two sets of spice racks, 3 t.v.’s , 2 couches, 2 desks! The list went on and on, we eventually ended up selling most of it and buying new everything ๐Ÿ™‚ It was such a fun time!
Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) recently posted..IKEA es para mi!

4 Stacy @ Every Little Thing April 3, 2011 at 3:16 pm

When Matt and I moved in together, we used that as an excuse to buy many things ๐Ÿ™‚ Luckily though, he got a TV for our bedroom for Christmas from his dad, so that was one spared expense!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..Opening Day Photos &amp Giveaway!

5 Allison @ PickyEatingRD April 3, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Ugh! My boyfriend is currently looking for any excuse to buy a new tv!! I keep finding every reason not to but I definitely see a new one in our future as well. Enjoy the ride!!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..Lesson Learned

6 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate April 3, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Enjoy the new TV!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Cinnamon and Cayenne Crusted Sea Bass

7 Sarah @ goingongoals April 3, 2011 at 3:20 pm

I love living with my bf, makes so much sense for so many reasons! Have a great bike ride!
Sarah @ goingongoals recently posted..Mintcom

8 Emily @ Savory and Savage April 3, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Have fun on the bike ride.

Your lunch looked very refreshing ๐Ÿ™‚
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Rice- egg and miso- Oh my!

9 Amy April 3, 2011 at 3:23 pm

A t.v. was the first big purchase that my (then fiance) husband and I made when we moved in together!
Your lunch wrap looks really good…I would never think of putting green beans in a sandwich or wrap! ๐Ÿ™‚
Amy recently posted..One year

10 Emma (Namaste Everyday) April 3, 2011 at 3:38 pm

nothing feels better than a “back on track” meal after a blowout weekend of fine face-stuffing! love it ๐Ÿ™‚
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..CinnaBon Craving Conquered!

11 Katy (The Singing Runner) April 3, 2011 at 4:04 pm

I had a very similar lunch today too! After a late night of craziness, it is what my body needed. ๐Ÿ˜‰

12 Kacy April 3, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Oh fun! That is the nice thing about living together! Enjoy “Derek’s” present ๐Ÿ˜‰
Kacy recently posted..BIG talk

13 River April 3, 2011 at 4:35 pm

That wrap looks so good!

I’m looking for new lunch ideas at the moment…getting pretty bored of salads.
River recently posted..LOTD – Saturday 2nd April

14 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) April 3, 2011 at 5:22 pm

That French toast looks fabulous! As does the wrap. I love veggie and cheese. My fav, for sure.
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..Soak It Up

15 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 3, 2011 at 5:26 pm

That breakfast looks like something that should be on ‘Diner’s Drive-In’s and Dives’! soo yummy with the savory ham and sweet french toast-YUM! ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Jessica @ The Process of Healing April 3, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Mmmm.. I haven’t had French toast in way too long!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Hello- April

17 Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 3, 2011 at 6:10 pm

oooh yummy breakfast indeed!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Tri the Bay โ€“ Enticer Race

18 Mel April 3, 2011 at 6:50 pm

TV in the bedroom? I’m surprised!

That french toast looks delish.

19 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 3, 2011 at 10:01 pm

I subscribe to a “no TV in the bedroom” policy myself.

20 Jessica April 4, 2011 at 10:37 am

Me too. A tv in the bedroom makes it less of a “retreat” and more of a second living room. The bedroom is for sleep and sex in my opinion. The husband was a bit difficult to convince, but he agrees now.

21 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 4, 2011 at 10:38 am

It was difficult to convince your husband that the bedroom is for sex?

22 Jessica April 6, 2011 at 1:24 am

Heh, no. That we didn’t need a tv in there.

23 Chelsea April 3, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Yummy breakfast! I never take my husband window shopping…oe even plain ‘ol shopping because he has a terrible case of the gimmes!
Chelsea recently posted..Grapeseed Oil

24 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 3, 2011 at 7:35 pm

I should probably learn how to pump up my bike tires. I haven’t ridden my bike in forever!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

25 ashley April 3, 2011 at 8:55 pm

mmmm! french toast is my go-to brunch choice!

26 sarah (sarah learns) April 3, 2011 at 8:57 pm

sounds like a great day! i’ve already benefited from gifts given to my fiance, too! definitely a perk of being in a relationship! ๐Ÿ™‚
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..got beets

27 Hilary April 3, 2011 at 8:58 pm

I’m with you on the fruit and veggie cravings….my body is totally like that after I indulge!
Hilary recently posted..Abort Mission

28 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 3, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I love splurgingon new toys for the house!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the crazy thing i she did

29 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 4, 2011 at 12:19 am

I am with ya on the wanting to eat ‘clean’ again after a weekend of somewhat indulgent eats! Love the buy for the new house ๐Ÿ˜‰