Running Siblings

by Meghann on April 2, 2011

Nothing like a clear blue sky, a beautiful green trail, and a couple of family running buddies to make for the perfect Saturday morning.

Ben and Kelly are in the middle of training for the County Music Marathon and had 16 miles on their plan for this morning. I didn’t have to go quite that far, but I did want to knock 12 miles out before the Iron Girl Half next week.

IMG_5470.jpg IMG_5471.jpg IMG_5459.jpg

I drove them to one of my favorite trails and we knocked out the first 12 together.

Then I said my goodbyes while Kelly and Ben finished off the final 4.

IMG_5463.JPG IMG_5464.JPG

They kicked running booty!

While we were working hard running, the boys were back at home working hard making breakfast. Loved that!

I had a piece of toast with almond butter before the run and a few Gu Chomps on the run, but I was more than ready to pile my plate high once everything was ready.

Anthony really outdid himself on the omelets (mine was mushrooms, onion, salami, and blue cheese) and the sweet potato hashbrowns. Hats off to the chef!

IMG_5477.JPG IMG_5479.JPG

Derek and Anthony decided to split the ‘mega meat’ omelet that was almost too large to flip, but they managed. πŸ™‚

My parents just arrived, so were off to explore for the day!

See ya!

1 Freya April 2, 2011 at 12:53 pm

What an awesome day!! It must be fab to run with family πŸ™‚
Freya recently posted..Don’t Come Here

2 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 2, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Nice job on the run!! Breakfast looks so great – I would gladly accept any food after 12 miles!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the crazy thing i she did

3 Sana April 2, 2011 at 12:54 pm

You have the perfect running family, something for everyone! Have a blast with your parents!!

4 Cate April 2, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Sounds like a good run! I love that you and siblings run together.
A good breakfast after a long run can’t be beat and yours looks yummy!
Enjoy the day with your family! πŸ™‚
Cate recently posted..Random Ramblings

5 Katherine: Unemployed April 2, 2011 at 12:57 pm

that is so great your family has something to share in the running! my mom was a runner and no one else has any ounce of athleticism so I always felt a lot of pressure to be the sole fitness warrior of my family
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Sally Ride

6 Ashley April 2, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Thats a lot of people in one apartment, but it sounds like a lot of fun! Awesome run, and breakfast!

7 Biz April 2, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Have fun with your family today Meghann! πŸ˜€
Biz recently posted..Rocco DiSpirito’s Now Eat This Diet Book Giveaway

8 Jessica @ The Process of Healing April 2, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Mega meat omelet… boys.
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Pad Thai Fail

9 Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) April 2, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Having two fab running buddies and breakfast made for you when you returned home, sounds like a good start to the day to me!
Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) recently posted..Is Anybody There

10 Katy (The Singing Runner) April 2, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Great job! I can’t wait till IronGirl next week, even though I have to drop to the 5K due to injury….all the bloggers who are going should have a meetup! πŸ˜‰
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Pura Vida!- Costa Rica Day 5

11 Meghann April 4, 2011 at 9:52 am

Are you picking your packet up on Saturday? We really should arrange something!

12 Katy (The Singing Runner) April 4, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Yes, I am picking up my packet on Saturday! It’s around a 4 hour drive from Jacksonville and I have a Girls on the Run practice on Saturday morning from 9-11 (I’m going to try and duck out at 10:30 since we have a small group and 2 other coaches) so I probably won’t be able to get my packet until 3-3:30. πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Chicago Marathon 2011 Training Reflection- Week 2

13 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 2, 2011 at 2:00 pm

I want to be part of your family! Running together and cooking together- I love it πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

14 melissa (fitnessnyc) April 2, 2011 at 2:11 pm

it’s so great that running gives you guys the opportunity to stay in touch. Great breatkfast
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Rain Didn’t Stop the Parade

15 Lee April 2, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I have to admit, I’m slightly jealous that your family and boyfriend and you all run together. Trying to get my husband to the gym is sometimes like pulling teeth! (Umm, he’d kill me if he knew I said that but it’s the truth)
Lee recently posted..Not a Night Owl

16 Emily @ Savory and Savage April 2, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Have fun with your family!!

That breakfast looked fun and really delicious πŸ™‚
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..300 steps

17 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 2, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I love family time! Have a wonderful day with your fam! πŸ™‚

18 Emma (Namaste Everyday) April 2, 2011 at 3:24 pm

that is so nice that you could run with your sibblings! I wish mine would run with me, lol! Sometimes I can convince them to do some yoga…lol
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..CinnaBon Craving Conquered!

19 katie April 2, 2011 at 3:34 pm

My fiance would love the meat omelette! He would probably eat it all too ; )

Have a great day with the family!!!
katie recently posted..Home sweet Home

20 Courtney April 2, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Haha, that is a big omelet! It’s like a fritatta πŸ˜› have fun today!
Courtney recently posted..Spring Break

21 Dori April 2, 2011 at 4:39 pm

So fun! Your food looks great!
Dori recently posted..Acupuncture at Exhale Spa

22 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food April 2, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I miss running with running buddies, sigh… Looks like a great run and an even better post run meal – which of course is the best part πŸ˜‰

23 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 2, 2011 at 5:16 pm

To be honest looking at that big omelet made my stomach drop – that thing is huge!

Great job on your run!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Welcome to The Runny Egg!

24 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 2, 2011 at 7:12 pm

12 miles down- Nicely done, lady!! have fun with the sibs and parents, that is always the best πŸ™‚

25 Ashley April 2, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Aww so cute! I love how the significant others all helped cook..thats awesome!

26 Christine April 2, 2011 at 8:21 pm

My siblings started running this year and it’s been a great thing to bond over. We live in different areas, so it’s a great reason to meet up too!
Christine recently posted..Pregnant With Andersons Baby and Moving to Tahiti

27 Amy April 2, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Nice! Looks like a perfect Saturday morning to me.
Amy recently posted..consequences

28 Cait's Plate April 2, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Oh my gosh I’m so jealous of how gorgeous it looks out there!! It’s freezing cold in the northeast and snowed yesterday!! I know you love snowflakes but I’ve definitely had enough of them for the winter πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Made It

29 Hilary April 2, 2011 at 9:06 pm

So nice that you and your siblings are all into running…and what a tasty-looking brunch!
Hilary recently posted..Hungry for More

30 Kacy April 3, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Running with family members sounds so fun! I’m finally getting my family into running and I’m so excited!
Kacy recently posted..BIG talk

31 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 3, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I LOVE how you guys all run together. When my family gets together we like to do fitness classes (my sister and cousin are both instructors) or yoga. It’s so fun when the whole family is involved.