Don’t be a fool

by Meghann on April 1, 2011

April Fool’s!!

someecards.com - I intend to abuse your kind, trusting nature for the sake of my own moderate, short-lived amusement

No, I didn’t get a cat.

No, I didn’t start eating banana.

And No, I’m not in CA. πŸ™‚

Monica from Run, Eat, Repeat and I thought it would be funny to switch blogs for the morning.

Screen shot 2011-04-01 at 12.33.35 PM.png

You can read about my real breakfast on her blog here.

I should probably also admit that Derek and I are in fact, NOT engaged.

Screen shot 2011-04-01 at 9.26.49 AM.png

Sorry Mom! I know, it was a very cruel joke.

Though, no one believed that one anyways.

Screen shot 2011-04-01 at 9.26.58 AM.png

No fun. No fun at all.

(Side Note: I was ‘engaged’ on Facebook for less than 5 minutes when these ads appeared on the side. Too funny.)

Screen shot 2011-04-01 at 9.28.43 AM.png

Of course those pranks don’t even compare to Wealthy Tipping Point, Gmail Motion, or Starbucks Mobile Pour. I love Aprils Fools! πŸ™‚

someecards.com - To avoid confusion, I'm waiting until tomorrow to tell you I'm pregnant
In real news, I had left over pizza for lunch.
IMG_0942.JPG Last night’s pizza + fresh green beans (love the crunch!).
AND I’m in the midst of cleaning the condo top to bottom before my little sister and runner arrive. Yay Family!!!
Have you been fooled today?

1 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing April 1, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I love how no one believed you on FB! Hahaha πŸ™‚ Too funny!
Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing recently posted..Unfried Refried Beans- The Best

2 Meg April 1, 2011 at 12:40 pm

True story: I didn’t comment on your post this morning because I had no idea what you were talking about and I didn’t wanna feel like an idiot asking about your “new cat” haha!

Like I said on twitter…you better watch it with Derek today…haha! Joke could always be on you πŸ˜‰
Meg recently posted..How To- Be a Busy but happy! Bee

3 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 1, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Man, someone should start doing April Fool’s pranks on another day… I think everyone is catching on.

4 hippierunner April 1, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Funny!
hippierunner recently posted..My Laid-Back Marathon Training

5 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food April 1, 2011 at 12:43 pm

That was good! My sis just got pranked…. our lesbian friend thought it would be funny to ask her on a date. It did not go well, hahaha, my sister was freaking out!
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Food Fact Friday- PB &amp J

6 janetha @ meals & moves April 1, 2011 at 12:47 pm

i laughed when i saw maddie on monica’s blog this morning. hooray for april fools!
janetha @ meals & moves recently posted..spring clean up

7 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 1, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Ok I was feeling really dumb going back and reading your post from this morning — totally missed the CA part and I was so confused by the cat!!!!

You fooled me!

8 Silvina April 1, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Hilarious! I love Caitlin’s new blog, The Wealthy Tipping Point. Too funny, you guys!

9 Ashley April 1, 2011 at 12:58 pm

I actually didn’t notice you switched blogs, I just thought you switched pets. :/ I’ve been fooled.

10 Dori April 1, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Haha I knew the banana was fake! But the rest of the bowl looked real for you. Funny one.

You have my permission to use my last name if you ever wanted to for things like screenshots!
Dori recently posted..At Which Everyone Pays Attention to Dori

11 Derek April 1, 2011 at 1:25 pm

At least she blurs you out…just in case. I get put out there, no questions asked. =)

12 Anne @thefitbridesmaid April 1, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I thought about pretending to be pregnant, but with less than two months until our wedding, I didn’t want to tempt fate.
Anne @thefitbridesmaid recently posted..Pushing Your Limits

13 Freya April 1, 2011 at 1:09 pm

woah – I totally fell for the blog switch! I thought I’d missed a post about you looking after some cat called Vegas, so I just continued as normal LOL! I didn’t even bat an eyelid when I saw a comment asking if you’d switched blogs…I just thought they were a but barmy πŸ˜›
Freya recently posted..Don’t Come Here

14 Brie @ Brie Fit April 1, 2011 at 1:18 pm

The minute you change your marital status on Facebook from “engaged” to “married” you start seeing baby product ads. I wish I was kidding.
Brie @ Brie Fit recently posted..How to prep for a race

15 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) April 1, 2011 at 2:09 pm

LOL, that’s hilarious!!!

16 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 1, 2011 at 1:43 pm

LOL! I thought I’d just missed the post where you got a new cat!! Totally fell for that one!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Spotlight on Spring Produce- Fennel

17 Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy April 1, 2011 at 1:44 pm

hahah love your holiday spirit! too bad no one on fb played along!
Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy recently posted..My running story- Part 1

18 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate April 1, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I am such a sucker. LOL.
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Be Yourself

19 Kacy April 1, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Nope, I haven’t fallen for anything but I have to admit that I kind of fell for Caitlin’s tweet on Tuesday haha.
Kacy recently posted..BIG talk

20 Katie @ running4cupcakes April 1, 2011 at 2:10 pm

I totally just thought that my Google Reader wasn’t working. nice job!

21 Kate April 1, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Why doesn’t Derek grow some balls and purpose already. That’s how men lose good girls. I sense some serious commitment issues.

22 Teacher Girl April 1, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I second this. I am totally confused as to how being engaged was a joke. You two have been together forever and just moved in together. What gives? Sorry to blunt.
Teacher Girl recently posted..30 Days of Truth- Day 09

23 Teacher Girl April 1, 2011 at 6:04 pm

*to be blunt.
Teacher Girl recently posted..30 Days of Truth- Day 09

24 emily April 1, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Wow, holy crap that’s offensive! There’s no prescribed timeline, people should get engaged on their own terms when they’re good and ready (and I say that as someone who got – happily – married at 21).
emily recently posted..Often Blogged Activities

25 Kath April 1, 2011 at 2:12 pm

You TOTALLY got me Meghann!! That SIAB looked so much like yours that I really thought it was you. I figured the kitty was Derek’s!!
Kath recently posted..A Friday In April

26 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me April 1, 2011 at 2:19 pm

The sad thing is I totally didn’t notice. I thought I just missed something somewhere about you getting a cat. Didn’t notice the CA on there either. LOL I am obviously so observant.
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Busy Busy &amp Typicalness

27 Katy (The Singing Runner) April 1, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Haha! I love that you both switched! Too cute!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Pura Vida!- Costa Rica Day 5

28 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 1, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Haha-great switch πŸ™‚ The gmail and wealthy tipping point are both awesome ideas too- love the pizza idea πŸ™‚

29 Kristen April 1, 2011 at 3:20 pm

It’s funny that I didn’t even realize it wasn’t you until the cat thing! Looks like I don’t pay very much attention to detail!
Kristen recently posted..fritz’s for dinner

30 JBeth April 1, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Ok. Didn’t even catch on to the CA, or the banana thing, but the cat totally got me. I kept thinking who the heck is Vegas. I almost was going to do a search for him in your blog history (but didn’t!) Congrats, many tried really hard to day to get me, but you are the only one that had me fooled πŸ™‚

31 Errign April 1, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I was such a skim-reader this morning that I didn’t even notice the other stuff. I assume the cat was Derek’s haha!

And the someecard about pregnancy is hilarious πŸ™‚

32 VeggieGirl April 1, 2011 at 6:17 pm

HA! There’s my facebook photo πŸ˜€
VeggieGirl recently posted..Dancing With The Stars Yet Again

33 Hilary April 1, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Fun jokes! My mom and I have a little running gag with some coconut rum (I won’t go into details) but other than that I haven’t really been fooled. Love the green bean crunch too…in 2 meals today!
Hilary recently posted..A Hot Date and How Hula Helps

34 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) April 1, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Haha! That was a good prank πŸ™‚ I was going to tell my parents that I’m pregnant, but seeing as how I’m single, they probably wouldn’t think it was very funny…
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

35 Emma (Namaste Everyday) April 1, 2011 at 8:16 pm

lol I was so confused! I was like, oh I didn’t know they were neighbors πŸ˜‰
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..CinnaBon Craving Conquered!

36 Lindsay April 1, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Lol you got me on the post! I didn’t even realize that wasnt your post until u said it here! I figured that since you make bowl smoothies alot…. and then I saw the cat and said ” when the (bleep) did she get a cat?” “is that derek’s cat?” lol I even went back a few posts to see if I missed something about a cat!!! πŸ™‚ ha you got me! Happy April fools!

37 Lea @ Healthy Coconut April 2, 2011 at 4:41 pm

This was a fun prank πŸ™‚ I’m reading it after it’s over and reading people’s comments made me laugh. Everyone was so confused, lol/ good one
Lea @ Healthy Coconut recently posted..CreateIndulgeEnjoy