Xtreme Training

by Meghann on March 31, 2011

Booo… rain.

I’m all for braving the rain for runs during hardcore training time, but if I’m not training for anything specific, it’s very easy to talk myself out of it. Hot and sticky rain? Cool and dry bed? Hmmmm…. which to choose. Which to choose?

This is where belonging to a gym or having access to a treadmill would come in handy. πŸ˜‰

No gym yet, but I did have Jackie Warner to push me.

jwac-005.jpg

I did her Xtreme Timesaver Training DVD (probably my current favorite work out DVD) followed by her Crunchless Abs DVD. It burned. In a good way.

Rainy mornings deserve a bowl of oats.

Oat mix:

• 1/3 cup Rolled Oats
  • 1/3 cup Milk
  • 1/3 cup Water
  • Chia Seeds
  • Cinnamon
  • Pinch of salt
  • (was missing raisins!)

Toppings:

• Defrosted Strawberries
  • Chocolate Toffee Butter Peanut Butter
  • Back to Nature Chocolate Granola

The strawberries defrosted beautifully. I was expecting somewhat of a gooey strawberry sauce, but they weren’t gooey at all. They still tasted very fresh, just a little softer. πŸ™‚

Spring Break

It’s Spring Break Season!

Well, Spring Break season for those among us who are still in school (or teaches!). The rest of us may not have the pleasure of official Spring Breaks anymore, but it’s fun to look back and reminisce about Spring Breaks of yester-years.

What was your favorite Spring Break? Were you a Spring Break Partier? Spring Break Traveler? Spring Break Giver Backer?

I was a Spring Break Traveler.

102_2668.JPG

My favorite Spring Break was my final one, Senior Year of college.

102_2590.JPG

We spent the first half laying on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale.

102_2614.JPG

And the second half hitting the slopes in Vail.

n5205806_36371965_3199.jpg

The best of both worlds if you ask me. πŸ™‚

1 Dori March 31, 2011 at 9:31 am

I never traveled during spring break. I’m fine with that, but I do regret not studying abroad!
Dori recently posted..At Which Everyone Pays Attention to Dori

2 Honey B. Nutrition March 31, 2011 at 9:33 am

Thanks for posting about the DVD! I’m always looking for feedback on which are the best ones. Home workouts are such a great option to have!! Nice job for not letting the rain stand in your way!
Honey B. Nutrition recently posted..It’s Not a pHad

3 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food March 31, 2011 at 9:33 am

My favorite spring break had to be the cruise I took in 2001. We got a great deal and had a cabin right next to the “disco”. Got to party every night and go to different ports during the day. It was so fun πŸ™‚
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..What I’ve Been Eating Today

4 Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing March 31, 2011 at 9:34 am

I think the only exciting Spring Break I had was a cruise to the Bahamas. Good times.
Carolyn @ Lovin’ Losing recently posted..Pillsbury Bake-Off Recipe

5 Holly @ The Runny Egg March 31, 2011 at 9:34 am

I was a Spring Break worker — that was when I could work 40 hours/week at one of my jobs and 25 hours per week at my second job. I loaded up with money!

I love that Jackie Warner dvd — definitely one of my favorites!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Welcome to The Runny Egg!

6 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 31, 2011 at 9:35 am

I like Jackie Warner’s One on One Training (http://gamereviewwiki.com/bikinibirthday/2011/02/02/jw-dvd-review/)

…and I’m not normally a fan of workout DVDs.

I am definitely a spring break traveller! I just got back from spring break in Norway (although technically it’s not spring break anymore since I’m done school)

7 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 31, 2011 at 9:36 am

I wish spring break was mandatory, even for people outside of schools! Last year was probably my best. It was our university grad trip and we went to Punta Cana. A week of laying in the sun, swimming in the ocean, and hanging out at the bar all night – so much fun!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Spotlight on Spring Produce- Fennel

8 Freya March 31, 2011 at 9:39 am

We don’t have spring break here πŸ™ but any time we do get off before easter is just spent working cos all the massive exams are after. It sucks!
Freya recently posted..Don’t Come Here

9 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 31, 2011 at 9:40 am

I haven’t ever been a spring break traveler. I’ve always been a summer or winter traveler!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the crazy thing i she did

10 Hope March 31, 2011 at 9:44 am

My favorite Spring Break trip was when I went to Disney World! I had the best time! The lines weren’t too bad and it wasn’t too hot either. I want to go back so badly! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..White Chicken Chili &amp Cornbread…

11 Katy @ A Healthy Shot March 31, 2011 at 9:46 am

That trip looks awesome! I miss spring break! My favorite was a trip to Naples, FL – the elderly cleared off of the beach before we even rolled out of bed in the morning, so we literally had the beaches and bars to ourselves! πŸ˜‰

12 Anastasia March 31, 2011 at 9:53 am

I love her workout dvd! I did it last night and can feel it this morning.

I’ve actually never gone anywhere during Spring Break. I always took that time to be lazy, get caught up on stuff around the house and just veg out.
Anastasia recently posted..Grocery Haul – Last Week and the Week Ahead

13 Ashley March 31, 2011 at 9:54 am

I just used a hair dryer to defrost my strawberries. They aren’t as pretty as yours. I’m more a stay at home and relax spring breaker.

14 Kath March 31, 2011 at 10:05 am

Hot + sticky rain is much better than COLD rain though πŸ™
Kath recently posted..Oats Of Steel

15 Kara March 31, 2011 at 10:05 am

Holy boobs in that bikini picture! πŸ™‚

I love the idea of a beach/ski trip. I know my husband would love that!
Kara recently posted..What is Me Time

16 Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East March 31, 2011 at 10:09 am

My favorite spring break was Key West!
Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East recently posted..Not as productive as planned

17 Mari March 31, 2011 at 10:23 am

I did more spring break traveling once I was done w/college. My fave place to visit was South Beach!!

18 Evan Thomas March 31, 2011 at 10:32 am

I am not a big spring break traveler, or traveler even. But so far between DC and Boston the spring break I’m on now has been perfect πŸ™‚

19 Jenny @ Love Eat Run March 31, 2011 at 10:32 am

My favorite was Senior year of college….Jamaica with a bunch of my sorority sisters…soooo much fun!

20 Miranda @ WorkingMomWorksOut March 31, 2011 at 10:33 am

I always get the soggy strawberries when I defrost. Usually, I put mine in a bowl in the refrigerator overnight. How did you do it?

21 Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com March 31, 2011 at 10:34 am

I love that bikini! You look beautiful. Ahhh I miss spring break so much. My favorite may have been a trip to Vegas senior year. Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚
Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com recently posted..Lemon Garlic Tuna Burgers

22 michelle March 31, 2011 at 10:38 am

I always went skiing for spring break and haven’t gone since my university days.
michelle recently posted..Wordless Wednesday

23 Lily March 31, 2011 at 10:38 am

WOW! You were brave to wear a bikini back then!

24 Caitlin March 31, 2011 at 10:50 am

I think she looked awesome then and now.
Caitlin recently posted..How to Walk a Half Marathon

25 Becky March 31, 2011 at 11:37 am

Agreed, Caitlin!

26 tracy March 31, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Brave?! That’s an odd statement…

27 Rachel March 31, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Uh, I’m looking forward to wearing a bikini when I get down to that size!

28 Laura March 31, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Huh? I think she looks awesome in that picture. I would LOVE that bikini body!

29 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life March 31, 2011 at 10:38 am

Gorgeous strawberries. Fun to see old pictures of you!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..The most direct means of coming into this amazing tool of consciousness

30 Erin March 31, 2011 at 10:41 am

Hmmm, another DVD I should add to the list of things to check out. So many options!

When I was in college I always went home over Spring Break to visit my boyfriend (now husband). He never had the cash to travel so we never went anywhere together. Now he’s the one in school so this year we went skiing in Flagstaff, AZ for his Spring Break! I like having an excuse to take some random time off work.
Erin recently posted..With Purpose

31 Liv March 31, 2011 at 10:43 am

I don’t mean to be rude (and really, I just have an irrational aversion to anything related to fingernails,) but have you always kept them so long? With nails that long how do you keep them clean? Especially when preparing food?

32 Liv March 31, 2011 at 10:47 am

I don’t mean to be rude (and really, I just have an irrational aversion to all fingernail-related things) but have you always kept them so long? How do you keep them clean, especially since you enjoy cooking so much?

33 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 31, 2011 at 11:17 am

My favorite spring break was my most recent one a few week ago! I was all three- a partier, traveler, and giver backer! I went to Costa Rica (traveler), volunteered at a place for children (giver backer) and went out at night with my group (partier!) The best of all three if you ask me! πŸ˜‰
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Pura Vida!- Costa Rica Day 5

34 Jess@atasteofconfidence March 31, 2011 at 11:24 am

I’ve only traveled for one spring break in college really (this March to Ft Laud): it was relaxing – so not a lot of partying!
love that bikini!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..media schmedia

35 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me March 31, 2011 at 11:29 am

No more spring breaks for me! I typically worked. πŸ™ One year I did go away to Florida with my boyfriend but we stayed with his grandparents…needless to say no partying went on then!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Sick Day

36 jenna{frombostonwithlove} March 31, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Those double trips are the best!! When the hubs and I got engaged a few years back, we were in FL for a week and then headed to Vail for New Years. It was the best trip(s) ever.
jenna{frombostonwithlove} recently posted..Is It Spring and other important questions

37 Stacey March 31, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I never went on spring break πŸ™ I always had a job I had to stay home for. Summer time now that is a differnt story!
Stacey recently posted..Twenty-Eight

38 Kandi March 31, 2011 at 12:39 pm

For three years of college I was a spring break worker! I had several jobs while going to school so I was able to increase my hours a lot during spring break. My senior year I trekked from MD to New Orleans in my little car with two of my best girls. We had an amazing week and even hit Pensacola for a day since I’d never been to FL.

39 Hannah @ Healthy Whip March 31, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Ooh we don’t have Spring Break here, but I love the idea of travelling then!
Hannah @ Healthy Whip recently posted..Fast and Tasty Tomato

40 Lee March 31, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I always went home for Spring Break. Boring, but relaxing and not to mention free! Although I do sort of wish I had some wild stories to tell. Nothing wild about my parents house in the suburbs!
Lee recently posted..My Luck Has Changed

41 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 31, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Cool DVD idea- thanks! i agree, that must’ve been an awesome vacay-with both sun and snow. Lovely! I just took a spring break with my fam (featured on my blog) and it was an awesome ski vacation!! Lots of fresh powder πŸ™‚

42 Kacy March 31, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I always worked during Spring Break and went for vacation over Christmas break.
Kacy recently posted..BIG talk

43 Anne Weber-Falk March 31, 2011 at 2:43 pm

My favorite spring break was my senior year. My best friend and I drove to Orlando from Chicago (straight through!) It was great. It was our first time away for a vacation without parents. We were on our own, footloose and fancy free. You look great by the way. See your before and after in a bikini. You are thinner and much more toned now. All your hard work shows.

44 Sarah Greenberg March 31, 2011 at 7:00 pm

I will definitely have to check into some of Jackie’s workouts. I recently bought Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred and it kicks my ass!
I LOVE your blog, Megan!
Sarah Greenberg recently posted..Spring Break Yoga Challenge- Completed

45 Sarah K March 31, 2011 at 7:25 pm

My first year of college, I spent my Spring Break in Naples, Florida with my cousin when we went down and spent the week with my Grandparents and my Great Grandma who owns a trailer down there. We have so many good stories from that trip and my cousin even won a writing award for a paper about my grandparents driving habits that week. Lets just say, we had a few near death experiences.
Sarah K recently posted..Blog World

46 erin March 31, 2011 at 7:40 pm

can I just say that you look like a totally different girl then in those photos… I am more of a stay at home girl during spring break…it was usually a time to get some extra hours at work..i alsways seem to have a paper or project due when I get back..boo
erin recently posted..My Music Monday

47 Emma (Namaste Everyday) April 1, 2011 at 4:29 am

I’m traveling around the south Island of New Zealand for my spring break! hoping to keep my health in check! any tips?
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..CinnaBon Craving Conquered!