Moving Slowly

by Meghann on March 27, 2011

You guys know how to make a girl blush! Thank you for all the kind comments about last night’s wedding attire.

The dress was from the JCrew Outlet in Vermont.

IMG_0382.jpg

My friend Ashley bought the exact same dress and it looks amazing on her as well. Good thing she lives in NYC and no one would ever know if we own the same dress. Oh wait… πŸ˜‰

And I was a BIG FAN of the lights suits the groomsman wore as well.

IMG_0381.jpg

Derek’s secretly a model in his spare time. He pulls off that sexy face like it ain’t no thing. Right? πŸ˜‰

Derek and I took our time getting up this morning. I got up once to let Maddie out at 7:30 (her bladder makes for an excellent alarm) and then again at 8:44, when I remembered we were suppose to have breakfast with Derek’s parents at 9:30. Ooops!

We met them at First Watch for the standard morning eats.

I had the Trifecta (Waffle + Eggs+ Bacon Fruit)

Love First Watch’s idea of a side of fruit (sarcasm)

Waffle+Egg+Berry Topping = Party in My Mouth

Derek’s parents said they wanted to see us, but I think it was really all about seeing last night’s photos. πŸ˜‰

We had fun filling them in on last night’s shenanigans.

After breakfast we knocked out a few Sunday errands and stocked our fridge and freezer with new food for the week.

I love going grocery shopping, but – even more than that – I love making that first meal after grocery shopping. Everything is so fresh and there are always a million options. It’s the little things that make me happy.

Today’s lunch took full advantage of that stocked fridge with a little taste of everything.

I made a tasting platter of apple, carrots, green beans, and tortilla chips.

With a counterpart platter of almond butter, hummus, and salsa for dipping.

It was a great meal to enjoy in front of the tv while watching old movies with Derek. Has anyone seen Rocketman before? We’re watching it now!

Maddie gives it two paws up.

Err…. she give’s it two eyes down.

I think someone is enjoying her leisurely Sunday! I hope your’e enjoying yours too!

1 Freya March 27, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Ooh love the new plate/dip station thing, that looks so good! I want one :/
Freya recently posted..He said yes!

2 Meghann March 27, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I got it at Homegoods πŸ™‚

3 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 27, 2011 at 3:58 pm

You and Derek = The Best Looking Couple there, for sure!! You both look great.

I LOVE That dress!!! You rocked it! πŸ™‚

4 Meghann March 27, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Thanks Averie! πŸ™‚

5 Alaina March 27, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I certainly wish I was having a lazy Sunday, but alas, I am at work.

The best fruit bowl I ever had was at the Friendly Toast. It had strawberries, grapes, pineapple and KIWI! I was afraid to dig in because it would have gone all over the place. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Knee Slapper

6 Ashley March 27, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I love that plate you used for dipping! That is an awesome side of fruit (more sarcasm). I’ve never seen rocket man, but I’m happy Maddie likes it. πŸ™‚

7 Holly @ The Runny Egg March 27, 2011 at 4:04 pm

I’ve never heard of Rocketman — I keep thinking of The Rocketeer but I’m sure you don’t mean that movie!

Yep I love restaurants with their “sides of fruit” — usually it seems I only get honeydew melon and a strawberry πŸ™
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Welcome to The Runny Egg!

8 Meghann March 27, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I actually meant Rocketeer. Oops…

9 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 27, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Rocketman is HILARIOUS! Enjoy!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Long Run Preparation

10 Derek March 27, 2011 at 5:23 pm

She meant The Rocketeer. #fail

11 Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) March 27, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Haven’t gotten out of my pj’s all day! We’re watching old movies too πŸ™‚ I just saw “The Business of Being Born”. It’s a documentary that is so eye-opening!

The First Watch sounds like a news station, hehe. πŸ˜€
Enjoy your Sunday!
PS. love your finger food lunch! So fun!
Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) recently posted..No Turning Back

12 Meghann March 27, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I’ve seen that movie and loved it too!

13 Jess (Daly Authenticity) March 27, 2011 at 4:10 pm

I never saw Rocketman but we just finished the Rocketeer!
Jess (Daly Authenticity) recently posted..OSM- The Honeymoon!!

14 Meghann March 27, 2011 at 9:37 pm

haha I actually meant Rocketeer. Derek just corrected me!

15 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 27, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I love the first meal after grocery shopping, too! and hahaa that sounds like exactly what my parents would do. It’s making me miss them!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Dominion Road School

16 Emily @ Savory and Savage March 27, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Love the plates – the one with three compartments looks perfect for dips.

Maddie looks very cute on her bed πŸ™‚
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..The exquisite lure of negative space

17 Leanne@Coffee&Claptrap March 27, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I’m totally the same after a food shop, love making me a tasty meal from my haul πŸ˜€
Leanne@Coffee&Claptrap recently posted..Squash Sunday

18 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 27, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I think I need to recreate the waffle / egg / jam combo. I am loving the look of that!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

19 Angela March 27, 2011 at 4:49 pm

where did you get the new plate? Does it make you feel like you are eating at a japanese restaurant?
Angela recently posted..What’s a Boiled Peanut

20 Meghann March 27, 2011 at 9:37 pm

It’s from Homegoods. It made me feel like I was eating an appetizer for lunch.

21 Sana March 27, 2011 at 4:50 pm

I have no idea how you do it, yesterday I woke up at 4:30 for the Dc 1/2 relay and I slept in till11.
You are my hero for doing this multiple times!
Sana recently posted..Fried Basmati Rice

22 Meghann March 27, 2011 at 9:38 pm

I wonder how I do it too!

23 Flo (Coconut Chronicles) March 27, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Love your dress! And Derek looks handsome, too!
As for the tasting platter, I love that idea. Lunch is one of those meals that I like to be β€˜snacky’, so that looks perfect for me.

24 Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy March 27, 2011 at 5:02 pm

hello a fruit cup needs more than 2 grapes! haha

love the platter of different dips!
Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy recently posted..I’ve got style

25 Jenn March 27, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I love the dress!!

Just curious, are you ever nervous of taking pictures of your food in front of Derek’s parents? I think it can be awkward!

26 Meghann March 27, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Nah! They’re used to it.

27 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) March 27, 2011 at 5:24 pm

You and Derek look fabulous!

I love sweetness on eggs. So good. And yeah, meals after grocery shopping trips rock!!
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..New and Old Favorites

28 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 27, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Awww Maddie! πŸ˜‰
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Pura Vida!- Costa Rica Day 3

29 CampingGirl March 27, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I have 2 weddings to go to and the first place I looked for dresses was the J Crew outlet… I love their clothes!
CampingGirl recently posted..Intermediate Dog Class 1

30 Mimi March 27, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Rocketman used to be one of my favorites! I bet I’d look at it a little differently now…
Mimi recently posted..My vegetarianism

31 sarah (sarah learns) March 27, 2011 at 6:52 pm

i’ve never really thought of it before, but i totally get excited to make the first meal after grocery shopping too! i love the possibilities. πŸ™‚
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..jilly’s cupcake bar

32 jen @ taste life March 27, 2011 at 7:32 pm

I watched part of Rocketman today, too!

You did look adorable in that dress πŸ™‚
jen @ taste life recently posted..Self Esteem Sunday-Your Thoughts Can Make or Break You

33 Presley March 27, 2011 at 7:35 pm

You make one adorably dressed couple :)!

34 Cara March 27, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Love lazy Sundays! Your lunch looks awesome! I need to remind myself that it is acceptable to have a sampling platter for lunch because that is often how I am feeling. I can never decide what I want.

35 Kacy March 27, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Derek definitely looks dapper in his suit and love the dress! Glad you guys had fun!
Kacy recently posted..The search continues

36 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 27, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I love the first meal after shopping too!! !It’s my favorite – there are so many options!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the crazy thing i she did

37 Lauren March 27, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Derek looks HOT! πŸ™‚ Ow Ow LoL. Tell him to rock that model face more often.
Lauren recently posted..Nice Little Saturday

38 Ashley March 27, 2011 at 8:42 pm

That’s my favorite part of going grocery shopping too! I always want to eat everything
Ashley recently posted..Love-Hate Relationships

39 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 27, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Yes! I saw that movie when I was like 6. I loved it!

40 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 27, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Woops, that’s a lie. I thought you were talking about Rocketeer !!

41 Meghann March 27, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I was talking about Rocketeer. I got the name mixed up. πŸ™‚

42 Katherine: Unemployed March 27, 2011 at 8:47 pm

why is it bad if two women own the same dress? (esp if it’s such a gorgeous one)
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Iaso

43 Meghann March 27, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I was just joking. πŸ™‚ Ashley and I actually own quite a bit of the same things. Everytime we go shopping together we both end up purchasing similar items.

44 Hilary March 27, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Nothin’ like a slow and easy Sunday….I also enjoyed a tasty brunch today…and you’re right…nothing better than a fully-stocked fridge!
Hilary recently posted..I’m keen for these brownies

45 Kayla March 27, 2011 at 9:42 pm

I didn’t get a chance to comment last night but I love that dress. Super cute and looks great on you. And I don’t usually like light colored suits but Derek pulls it off nicely.
Maddie is enjoying her day the same way my pup is. Must be nice.
Kayla recently posted..Song of the Week 3-7-11 – 3-11-11

46 Alyssa March 27, 2011 at 10:55 pm

You guys looked so great together at the wedding! Well, you guys always look great together πŸ™‚

I totally thought the eggs on the waffle was butter for a minute πŸ™‚

47 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 27, 2011 at 11:25 pm

I love tasting plates tooo-so many flavors πŸ™‚

48 Amy March 28, 2011 at 12:10 am

Ah I was thinking the same exact thing about that lame side of fruit when I saw the picture! I would need that portion X25!
I seriously love that dress, and would totally drive to Vermont if they still had it around!

49 Khushboo March 28, 2011 at 1:16 am

Love your dress! Even Dereks suit looks great, very appropriate color given the temperatures! Eggs+fruit+waffles+jam= perfect brunch order
Khushboo recently posted..Antioxidants on steroids

50 Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com March 28, 2011 at 10:37 am

YOU. LOOKED. BEAUTIFUL! Love the dress, the hair and the way the necklace added such a stylish twist. I would like a waffle now.
Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com recently posted..Lemon Garlic Tuna Burgers