A Nice Day for a White Wedding

by Meghann on March 27, 2011

It’s decided. I want to be married outside by the water. πŸ™‚

Talk about a gorgeous day! Steven and Andrea could not have asked for a more beautiful setting to be united as man and wife. I wish nothing but happiness and love for the two of them. πŸ™‚

Being the girlfriend of a groomsman, it was fun to get a behind the scenes look of a wedding. *note* this was my first time dating a member of any wedding party and I’ve never been a member of a wedding party, so this is really the closest I’ve come to being a part of one!

Doesn’t Derek look cute?

Hello Beautiful Cake! We’ll meet later. I promise. πŸ˜‰

IMG_0278.jpg

Pre-wedding ceremony jitters were calmed by all involved with a quick shot of Maker’s Mark.

Cheers!

IMG_0293.JPG IMG_0294.JPG

The wedding and ceremony were held at the recreation center in Clearwater. I loved everything about it – the view of the water, the surrounding dock and palm trees, the nice cool breeze coming off the water – everything!

IMG_0303.JPG IMG_0305.JPG IMG_0306.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG IMG_0322.JPG IMG_0323.JPG

The Hors De’voures were served on the dock and included fresh fruit, cheese and crackers, empanadas, and mini sandwiches.

Derek and I shared a plate of our favorites.

IMG_0338.JPG IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0375.jpg

We were ushered inside where little plates of ceasar salad were waiting.

Derek made me proud with his official entrance. πŸ˜‰

IMG_0399.JPG IMG_0400.JPG IMG_0401.JPG IMG_0402.JPG IMG_0403.JPG IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0405.JPG

It should also be noted that Derek is an AWESOME dancer. Years of dancing in Quinceaneras (he danced in FIVE) really taught him to shake his booty!

The first dance was followed by the main course – an Italian medley of chicken parmesan, tortellini, and vegetables.

Looks like my luck of catching boquets had run out.

I didn’t stand a chance!

Neither did Derek. :/

I told you we would meet again cake!

I had a whole piece of the lemon (A-MA-ZING) and the frosting from a piece of chocolate. The cake was moist and flavorful, I licked the crumbs of of both mine and Derek’s plates. πŸ™‚

IMG_5352.jpg

When the sun goes down, it can only mean one thing…

Time to dance!

IMG_5356.jpg IMG_5362.jpg

We had a blast shaking our hips well in to the night. Derek really is an amazing dancer and tried hard to teach me a few moves, but I have a rhythm problem (basically I have none). It’s still fun though. πŸ™‚

We’re off to have breakfast and share photos with Derek’s parents. Happy Sunday everyone!

1 michelle March 27, 2011 at 11:01 am

What awesome pictures! Looks like you guys had such a blast.
michelle recently posted..How to make one hour count

2 Freya March 27, 2011 at 11:04 am

STUNNING! You look beautiful and the wedding looked gorgeous too!
Freya recently posted..He said yes!

3 Alaina March 27, 2011 at 11:04 am

Looks like a beautiful wedding! I get emotional at weddings because it makes me think of mine.

I got married on the side of a mountain but close second would have definitely been by the water. My alma mater has a beautiful location for weddings.

Glad you had such a great time!!
Alaina recently posted..Knee Slapper

4 Sana March 27, 2011 at 11:06 am

I loveeee outdoor weddingsss!!
Sana recently posted..Fried Basmati Rice

5 Holly @ The Runny Egg March 27, 2011 at 11:09 am

You look so beautiful! And I love what all the groomsmen wore — they looked sharp!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Welcome to The Runny Egg!

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 27, 2011 at 11:15 am

WOW! Everything looks so gorgeous and what a great cake! I think I’d have gone for the lemon one… but I think it was wise of you to sample both! πŸ˜‰
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Spotlight on Spring Produce- Fennel

7 Jess@atasteofconfidence March 27, 2011 at 11:15 am

beautiful wedding pics. i love the colors!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..media schmedia

8 Marina March 27, 2011 at 11:19 am

Wow looks like a wonderful wedding!
And you and Derek look beautiful!
Marina recently posted..how to be lazy

9 Courtney March 27, 2011 at 11:22 am

HOLY HELL, that is a gorgeous setting for a wedding!! You took some great photos, too! πŸ™‚ Have fun with the ‘rents.
Courtney recently posted..Friday Fill-In

10 Amy March 27, 2011 at 11:25 am

I love that Derek is a good dancer. (And jealous too!) Looks like you had a great time.
Amy recently posted..rereading tolkien- life advice

11 Carolyn @Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. March 27, 2011 at 11:26 am

I love weddings… thinking of mine makes me happy. We got married on the water in Sarasota at the Selby Gardens. BEAUTIFUL DAY! Then the party, oh the party. Happiness….
Carolyn @Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. recently posted..Kayak Yoga

12 Ashley March 27, 2011 at 11:27 am

The wedding looks like a blast! You look beautiful, I love your dress.

13 Mimi March 27, 2011 at 11:31 am

Looks like a blast! I love outdoor weddings, but I’d be SO nervous about the elements. In Kansas, my luck would be that there was a tornado.

P.S. Totally agree with everyone that your dress is lovely!
Mimi recently posted..My vegetarianism

14 katie March 27, 2011 at 11:33 am

You and Derek are the sweetest couple ever and I can not wait until your wedding one day!!!! I am really excited, is that bad?!! I just know it will be amazing, and I get married in June, and after that I will be admiring all of my lovely friends weddings like yours one day on the blog! I know you will make the most beautiful bride!

The wedding was so beautiful and the bride was too! Congrats to the couple!

So awesome Derek can dance, he is a keeper for sure ; )

U looked beautiful, loved your dress, it is so you!

xoxo
katie recently posted..Chili’s Night and pizzert

15 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 27, 2011 at 11:33 am

How fun! I’ve only been to one wedding but it was a blast! πŸ˜€
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Pura Vida!- Costa Rica Day 3

16 shelby March 27, 2011 at 11:46 am

Glad you had a great time! What a gorgeous ceremony set-up they had.

(I’d consider editing the remark about dinner though – I mean, it’s not a restaurant you’re reviewing! What if the bride saw this?)
shelby recently posted..The club can’t even handle me

17 marie March 27, 2011 at 11:55 am

Agree. Very tacky.
marie recently posted..don’t bother

18 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 27, 2011 at 11:48 am

Looks like a great time! I’ve actually only been to a few weddings!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Long Run Preparation

19 Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) March 27, 2011 at 11:50 am

Cute! I love the pic of you and Derek by the water kissing (hello, frame-worthy!) and the Derek’s entrance made me giggle, haha. You both look amazing and the wedding looks beautiful!

I can’t get my guy on a dance floor for nuthin’! He doesn’t like to dance but I’m a dancing machine πŸ™‚ I now stick to shaking my booty around the house, lol
Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) recently posted..No Turning Back

20 Jessica March 27, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Don’t feel bad — my boyfriend is an amazing dancer too (has been dancing salsa and related dances for years and years)… and I have zero rhythm. I feel like an idiot next to him, but it’s also kind of sexy to have a man who can dance πŸ˜‰

21 kalli March 27, 2011 at 12:35 pm

what a great day! both you and derek look so good. love the brides dress! and yes i agree that cake is amazing πŸ™‚
kalli recently posted..Good to Great

22 Katie - kinda bananas.com March 27, 2011 at 12:46 pm

You guys look great! I’ve never seen groomsman wear any other color than black. That color suits Derek well πŸ™‚

No dancing videos to post? πŸ˜‰

23 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 27, 2011 at 12:48 pm

That does look beautiful at the waterfront. And I want some cake tooooooo!!! You look pretty πŸ™‚

24 Dana March 27, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I use to live right near Clearwater (in Safety Harbor). It’s so pretty there πŸ™‚ That cake looks so delicious !

25 Angela March 27, 2011 at 1:54 pm

its ok meghann, we didnt inherit the dancing bug genes.

That cake is really beautiful; I want something simple and elegant like that at my wedding. Derek looks so cute you just want to pinch his cheeks.
Angela recently posted..What’s a Boiled Peanut

26 Emily @ Savory and Savage March 27, 2011 at 1:54 pm

It looks like you had a great time!

I really liked the color scheme of the wedding. Most weddings are all girlie in color – this one was a great mix of feminine + masculine.

The photos of the dancing made me laugh:-)
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Breakfast out at home

27 Leanne@Coffee&Claptrap March 27, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Oh wow, you both look so cute! πŸ˜€

Can’t beat a guy who can dance I say πŸ˜‰

28 Tracy March 27, 2011 at 2:57 pm

A wonderful day for a wedding and the weather looked very warm! Beautiful photos and that cake Wow! Yummy! ~Take Care
Tracy recently posted..New Look…

29 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 27, 2011 at 3:34 pm

That all looks so fun! Beautiful ceremony, delicious food, and fun dance party! did you get to know some nice people from Derek’s side, too?
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Dominion Road School

30 Meghann March 27, 2011 at 9:49 pm

All of Derek’s friends were great. It was my first time meeting alot of them and I’m glad I did. It was fun seeing who Derek grew hanging out with. πŸ™‚

31 Allie March 27, 2011 at 3:49 pm

What a BEAUTIFUL wedding! It seriously looks like you had a TON of fun dancing and hanging out πŸ™‚ Love your dress!
Allie recently posted..131 miles

32 Natalia@ The Health Script March 27, 2011 at 3:55 pm

How gorgeous! I love weddings! πŸ™‚
Natalia@ The Health Script recently posted..Im Back

33 Simply Life March 27, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Wow! what a beautiful wedding!
Simply Life recently posted..Whole Wheat Breadsticks

34 Paula @ Eat:Watch:Run March 27, 2011 at 5:48 pm

I love the mostly pictoral story telling.

35 CampingGirl March 27, 2011 at 6:09 pm

I love outdoor weddings too… we tried to get married outside but a crazy storm blew and changed our plans.
CampingGirl recently posted..Intermediate Dog Class 1

36 Meghann March 27, 2011 at 9:50 pm

That’s my fear! But I think it’s worth the risk to at least try to plan for it.

37 Floey March 27, 2011 at 7:30 pm

How cute! Is Derek part/full Hispanic?

38 Meghann March 27, 2011 at 9:50 pm

He’s half honduran.

39 Ali @ Ali Runs March 27, 2011 at 7:49 pm

What a beautiful setting for a wedding!! I already have my wedding spot (not even engaged) all picked out and it is by the water on an island in Georgia. Gorgeous!!

40 Meghann March 27, 2011 at 9:51 pm

haha – I already have a wedding spot picked out too!

41 Karolina March 27, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Wow-the wedding looks beautiful! And it looks like it was an absolutely gorgeous day!
Karolina recently posted..Sometimes Courage Is the Quiet Voice

42 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me March 27, 2011 at 10:10 pm

What a beautiful day!! I love seeing wedding photos, esp since I’m in the process of planning my own haha.
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..My Weekend

43 Mac March 27, 2011 at 11:50 pm

Gorgeous wedding, looks like a good time!
Mac recently posted..Back to the HP Lab

44 Lauren March 28, 2011 at 9:30 am

What an absolutely gorgeous wedding! You look adorable, by the way! I love the belt.

45 Biz March 28, 2011 at 10:51 am

I love your dress Meghann! Now if you could just send some of your warm weather to the midwest, I would appreciate it!
Biz recently posted..Rocco DiSpirito’s Now Eat This Diet Book Giveaway

46 Katie G. March 28, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Looks like a blast! Great photos! Love the dress!
Katie G. recently posted..ChChChChanges

47 Lisa March 28, 2011 at 3:50 pm

What a beautiful place for a wedding! And perfect weather! Here in Oregon we can’t really guarantee rain-free outdoor weddings except for the month of August. That’s it. πŸ™‚