Egg-Tastic

by Meghann on March 26, 2011

I may not have been running the Suntust National Half Marathon this morning as originally planned, but I did have a great 10 mile run in it’s honor. 10 miles? 13.1? Same thing, right? πŸ˜‰

Congrats to all the runners who did complete the National Half/ Full Marathon today! Looks like it was a beautiful day to race. You’re all running rockstars! πŸ™‚

Breakfast this morning was a little out of the ordinary. For the time in who knows how long I had eggs.

Eggs aren’t usually the first thing I crave in the morning (I’m all about sweets, sweets, sweets!), but I really want to try to work them more into my daily routine. A dose of protein in the morning is really the perfect run recovery fuel.

This morning I made a bagel thin sandwich with an egg and blackberry jam (I still need a little sweet).

I paired the bagel egg-wich with a fruit salad consisting of apple, grapes, strawberries, and kiwi and topped with vanilla yogurt and Kashi Go Lean Crisp.

Are you a sweets person in the morning or do you prefer eggs?

Derek prefers eggs. πŸ™‚

1 Little Bookworm March 26, 2011 at 10:16 am

Sweet person in the morning – love porridge. πŸ™‚ Though sometimes scrambled eggs on toast is good too!
Little Bookworm recently posted..A Kitchen Experiment

2 Jenny March 26, 2011 at 10:17 am

This breakfast greatly explains what I crave in the morning! I love hearty bread/proteins but then I also love sweet somethings in the morning.

3 Kacy March 26, 2011 at 10:20 am

I prefer savory breakfast 90% of the time. I just had an egg sandwich as well!
Kacy recently posted..Finishers!

4 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 26, 2011 at 10:25 am

SWEETS in the morning, savory at night!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Do As I Say- Not As I Do

5 Cynthia March 26, 2011 at 10:26 am

I am an egg person all the way. If I could eat one thing for breakfast every day, it would be bacon and eggs.

6 Clare @ Fitting It All In March 26, 2011 at 10:32 am

I rarely crave eggs in the morning, but my boyfriend always does! I can handle eggs as a later breakfast – more like brunch or lunch! Sounds good for today, actually:)
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..My Ugliest Face

7 Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com March 26, 2011 at 10:36 am

Sweet person, for sure! I want that bagel sandwich though! Have a great day πŸ™‚
Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com recently posted..Lemon Garlic Tuna Burgers

8 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) March 26, 2011 at 10:37 am

I’m actually not a “breakfast food” person. I do love “breakfast foods,” but I eat lunch and dinner food for breakfast all the time. Tuna, pasta, or salad are among my first-meal favorites, lol. Weird, I know!
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..What’s Better Than Broccoli

9 Khushboo March 26, 2011 at 10:46 am

I’m most defo a sweet person in the morning, but like you, try to incorporate more protein into my breakfasts! Result: I now always stir in 2egg whites into my oatmeal! It’s actually super tasty, keeps me full for at least 5 hours, and now I can’t eat oatmeal without the egg-whites…wellll I can but I prefer it with πŸ™‚

10 Brittney March 26, 2011 at 11:16 am

I usually go for sweet! I always have fruit and yogurt, while the rest of my family goes for eggs, turkey sausage, and english muffins.
Brittney recently posted..Perfection

11 Emily March 26, 2011 at 11:29 am

Great run! Sweets and carbs, all the way πŸ™‚
Emily recently posted..Surprises &amp Struggles

12 Fallon March 26, 2011 at 11:29 am

I’m mostly sweets in the morning but on occasion I like something savory! My favorite is toast with hummus or avocado, topped with a cooked egg!
Fallon recently posted..Strawberry Daiquiri Shortcakes

13 Denisse March 26, 2011 at 11:32 am

Honestly, I have eggs for breakfast every morning. Ususally with some form of carb. I try to make this my biggest meal since I like to think I can burn it off. I find it hard for me to simply enjoy yogurt and fruit with granola only because by mid morning I am starving.
Denisse recently posted..Free Movie Screening

14 Kate March 26, 2011 at 11:40 am

I could eat eggs all day long. Those bagel sandwiches never fail to make me hungry!!

15 Ashley March 26, 2011 at 11:45 am

I love sweets in the morning, or any time of day, but especially in the morning. πŸ™‚

16 Holly @ The Runny Egg March 26, 2011 at 11:59 am

I totally prefer eggs over something sweet!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Welcome to The Runny Egg!

17 Emily @ Savory and Savage March 26, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Other than fruit – I never like anything sweet for breakfast – I am definitely an egg girl.
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Simple and satisfying

18 LoriV. (For the Run of It) March 26, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I don’t like starting the day with sweets. For some reason it sets my tastebuds into craving sugar mode.

19 jen @ taste life March 26, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Usually I’m all about the sweets in the morning! Though once in a while I do crave eggs. I actually like them better for dinner, though πŸ™‚
jen @ taste life recently posted..About Last Night

20 Allison @ PickyEatingRD March 26, 2011 at 12:44 pm

I am a savory person at breakfast. Sometimes I’ll go sweet but usually in the form of maple almond butter or something along those lines.

21 Nicole March 26, 2011 at 12:53 pm

I too am usually a sweet person for breakfast, but lately have been craving something more savory. Plus I find eggs much more filling and long lasting!

22 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 26, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I DEFINITELY go for the sweet!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Chocolate Wine

23 Maryann (The Balanced Bean) March 26, 2011 at 1:00 pm

I prefer sweets, but I love that you included jam on that sandwich!!
Maryann (The Balanced Bean) recently posted..Chobani Lovin Giveaway!

24 Katherine: Unemployed March 26, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I’m a mush person. I don’t like sweets (or eggs really) in the AM but I love mushed textures haha
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Iaso

25 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 26, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I am not a savory breakfast person – I am all about some fruit and oatmeal!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the crazy thing i she did

26 [SMASH] at Sweat. Style. Swoon. March 26, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Yum — I had no idea they had everything bagels in a bagel thin! What a yummy combo with the egg. I much prefer a savory breakfast.
[SMASH] at Sweat. Style. Swoon. recently posted..SWEAT Brought To You By G For Guilt

27 Kate March 26, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I usually don’t do morning sweets–my standard breakfast is microwave oatmeal with an equal portion of cottage cheese on top. Lately I’ve been mixing nut butter into the oatmeal because food bloggers rave about it, and it’s really does keep me feeling full.

28 Courtney March 26, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I love eggs & oats. I make banana custard oats, so sweet AND savory! πŸ™‚ The hubs digs eggs and sausage. I always love me some suga suga.
Courtney recently posted..Friday Fill-In

29 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 26, 2011 at 5:42 pm

either oatmeal or eggs…..

30 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 26, 2011 at 7:35 pm

It’s such a toss-up! I spend most of my run deciding whether or not I want eggs or oatmeal…the debate gets pretty heated πŸ˜‰
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Dominion Road School

31 Richelle March 26, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I am definately a sweets person! I love oatmeal, yogurt, fruit and smoothies for breakfast. I enjoy eggs for lunch and dinner.
Richelle recently posted..Shopping- food- sun- and fun!

32 MorgzSyd March 26, 2011 at 8:37 pm

please visit my blog
chanelandolivia.wordpress.com
MorgzSyd recently posted..Headbands

33 Alaina March 26, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Sometimes I crave eggs, but for the most part, I like sweet breakfasts too. I love my oatmeal bowls.
Alaina recently posted..Knee Slapper

34 Elisabeth March 26, 2011 at 11:35 pm

I prefer savory foods for breakfast – things with protein just keep me full longer. If I eat sweets/very carby things for breakfast, it leaves me hungry! I usually like a small bowl of oatmeal plus eggs or a little uncured/natural bacon.

35 Sarah Joy March 26, 2011 at 11:37 pm

I am definitely a sweets person in the morning, but I TOO was trying to get more eggs, in the morning, so I experimented with canned pumpkin mixed in with my eggwhites, and it turned out really great! It’s pretty much just eggwhites, pumpkin, protein powder and cinnamon mixed together and cooked, but it turns out as good as a dessert!!

36 River March 27, 2011 at 3:48 pm

The fruit salad looks yum!

I eat eggs for breakfast most mornings, usually have bacon and scrambled eggs, or an omelet. I got into the habit of this by doing the south beach diet. So it’s healthy…even though some people would disagree. But I lost a lot of weight eating this for breakfast!
River recently posted..47 – Roadtrip!

37 Jamie March 28, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I usually eat eggs for breakfast. I notice the same problem that other people pointed out when I do sweet- I am hungry too soon! Sometimes I switch it up and have a green monster with PB toast instead though.

38 Katie G. March 28, 2011 at 2:02 pm

First, I crave coffee! But then I’m a sweets person from morning to night!
Katie G. recently posted..ChChChChanges