Still Waiting

by Meghann on March 25, 2011

Still no couches. πŸ™

They said anytime between 12 and 3, but I sort of had my fingers crossed for closer to 12. I like to dream big, right? πŸ˜‰

Oh well. At least the couches WILL be here this afternoon and that’s all that matters! πŸ™‚

I had a fabulous lunch while I was waiting too.

Grilled Cheese & Almond Butter Sandwich – Yum!

Yes, Grilled CHEESE & ALMOND Butter Sandwich. It was great. Don’t knock it until you try it. πŸ˜‰

I was building a grilled almond butter, carrots, and raisin sandwich when I decided last minute to throw a piece of cheese on top. It was a risky move, but the cheese complemented the almond butter nicely.

The George Foreman is the perfect grilled sandwich maker.

Two minutes later I had gooey cheese, gooey almond butter, and crunchy, sweet carrots all between two pieces of whole wheat bread. πŸ™‚

On the side a little salad of mixed greens, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, and a little balsamic vinegar.

The delivery guys just called and told me I was their next stop. Yippeee!

What has been your experience with ‘time windows’? Have you ever had anyone actually show up at the beginning of the window?

1 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 25, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I consider myself a carrot-a-holic, but I’ve never put carrot sticks in a sandwich before!!
I despise time windows and I have never had anyone show up and leave between the correct hours. They either come way too early (and see me in my pj’s with zero makeup on) or late when I’ m already too annoyed to be polite!! I hope your couches arrive soon! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Early Weekend

2 Dori March 25, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I have had someone show up at the beginning of the time window and it was lovely.
Dori recently posted..At Which Everyone Pays Attention to Dori

3 Lindsay March 25, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I did too once…I was so surprised!

4 Holly @ The Runny Egg March 25, 2011 at 2:20 pm

It all depends — sometimes they show up right away (that happened when our garage door got replaced) and sometimes they take forever (cable guy, washer/dryer delivery). It happens!

That sandwich looks crazy, but not because of the cheese you added, but because of the carrots? Looks good though!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Welcome to The Runny Egg!

5 Stephanie @ LiveCookLove March 25, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I’m always at the END of their times… so annoying, but at least they are coming today!! I see a movie night in your future tonight πŸ™‚

6 Hope March 25, 2011 at 2:21 pm

What a delicious looking lunch! I love grilled cheese! It’s definitely one of my favorite sandwiches! πŸ™‚

I had a delivery company show up one time way before they said they were going to. That was great. I’m glad that they are arriving at your place soon! Can’t wait to see what the funiture looks like! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..A New View On The Highway…

7 Kimberly @ Healthy Strides March 25, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I swear that when they say between noon and 3 p.m., they actually mean 3:35. I tend to have better luck when the time frame is in the morning – they haven’t had a chance to get behind!

Good luck!
Kimberly @ Healthy Strides recently posted..Friday love

8 Stacey March 25, 2011 at 2:22 pm

cool sandwich combo! i love carrots but never in a sanwhich before. Good luck with the couches & cant wait to see them.
Stacey recently posted..Umbrellas

9 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 25, 2011 at 2:23 pm

That is my kinda sandwich πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Modesto Half Marathon Recap

10 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 25, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Sometimes the weirdest sounding things just work!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Chocolate Wine

11 Ashlee March 25, 2011 at 2:27 pm

When we got a new kitchen table they said they would deliver on Saturday between 9 and 12. They showed up at 8:30. It was fabulous because I didn’t have to wait all morning for them and I made it to the 9:00 class at the gym.

12 poptartyogini March 25, 2011 at 2:30 pm

darn!! i’m so exited to see them you’d think they’re my couches. when we had our couches delivered they had to come in through the dining room window because our doorways were to small. i guess if we ever move, they’ll be going out the same way they came in. heaven help us!

13 Lucy @ The Sweet Touch March 25, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Yep, they usually show up at the very end.

But I hope you are planning a fun night in with your new couch. My husband and I had a movie marathon when we got ours!
Lucy @ The Sweet Touch recently posted..SuperMoonPies!

14 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 25, 2011 at 2:36 pm

That sounds tasty. I would probably used cooked carrots or maybe shaved raw carrots.

15 Laure March 25, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Time “windows” are the worst! Especially for cable installation, they seem to really suck more than most!
Laure recently posted..Turkey Burgs and a Drug Store Splurge

16 Roselyn March 25, 2011 at 2:38 pm

When we lived in FL, delivery/service people always came at the END of the time window. Here up north, they tend to come at the beginning of the window. Must be a laid-back Southern thing to come at the end? I dunno. πŸ˜‰
Roselyn recently posted..More Flashback Friday- 2 Years Ago

17 Heather @ Side of Sneakers March 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm

The only time I’ve had someone come at the beginning of the time window was when it was realllly inconvenient, like 7 am or before getting home from work.
Heather @ Side of Sneakers recently posted..The Skinny on BMI

18 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Wow- that is an interesting combo….. but maybe I should try it before I judge, eh?? πŸ˜‰ Have fun with the new couches tonight!! SO exciting!

19 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me March 25, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I have never had someone show up on time. But I have had someone show up around the mid-point in a time frame. I love that. I despise waiting around for someone to show.
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Favorite Commercials

20 Britney March 25, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Once I had the cable guy show up a whole day early. It was lucky that we had actually moved in and were at the apartment when he showed up! (Though we were still in our pajamas.)
Britney recently posted..Core Fusion Boot Camp Review

21 Halley (Blunder Construction) March 25, 2011 at 3:07 pm

I have some a funny story about time windows: I got my bf a recliner as a gift once, and I wanted it to be a surprise. Given the time window of the delivery, I had formulated a plan to leave the apartment with my bf before the delivery came and give my sister the keys to get in and receive it. Fail… instead of giving me a 30 minute warning, I got a call 5 minutes before they showed up. My sister sprinted down the street to try and meet me, but she was too late Recliner came, boyfriend was home, and my sister was extremely winded. πŸ™‚
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..Be Silent- Be Still

22 faith @ lovelyascharged March 25, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Blech! I hate time windows – I always get the very end slot! That’s if they even show up at all!
faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..New Staples

23 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston March 25, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I’ve actually had someone show up before the time window — which was really surprising!
Katie @ Healthy Heddleston recently posted..Cleveland Foodbank Volunteering

24 christine March 25, 2011 at 3:15 pm

That’s the ONLY thing I use my Forman Grill for these days. It’s perfect for sandwiches (and the occasional quesadilla).
christine recently posted..Double or Triple or Quadruple the Pleasure- Double or Triple or Quadruple the Fun!

25 Alaina March 25, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I once stayed home aaallll day waiting for a UPS package (a gift for my husband) and the window was 10-5. I did NOT want to miss it because it required my signature. They didn’t show up until 6:30. I was so pissed. As soon as it came, I ran out and did the errands I was hoping to get done. At least you had a 3 hour window. I hate having the longer windows.

From your tweets though, it sounds like it’s finally here!! πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Knee Slapper

26 Angela March 25, 2011 at 3:36 pm

I’m usually last except for the first ever delivery to my house. It was the day before I moved in and I had to be there for an 8am – 2pm slot. I got there at 7:50 and they had left me a ‘Sorry you weren’t in’ card time stamped at 7:45am. Some poor girl at the company got a very grumpy call from me complaining and then cancelling my order when they said the van couldn’t come back and that I could have another slot a week later!

27 Amy March 25, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I LOVE almond butter and extra sharp cheddar sandwiches! It’s also good with cashew butter…I love the creaminess of cashew butter, but I find the taste a bit bland, so the sharp cheddar salty action really works. I need to try adding raisins sometime.
Amy recently posted..amymoerkehall- RT @SeattleRW- One more day left in our RT contest! Seattle Restaurant Week starts in 3 weeks! SeattleRWContest RT to be entered

28 Trish March 25, 2011 at 3:51 pm

What!?!?? Don’t these people know I am waiting to see your new couches?!?!? LOL!!

I hate waiting. πŸ™

29 Katie G. March 25, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I’ve actually always had good experiences with time windows (knock on wood…) The guys who brought my furniture were right on time at the beginning of the time window and were so nice, quick, and careful. It’s a pain when I have to be home though because I have to work from home or take off so I try to avoid when possible.

So excited to see the couches….!!
Katie G. recently posted..What I learned from trying out Veganism for 6 weeks

30 Kristen March 25, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I’ve had people show up early before and it was super annoying but for the most part, they show up at the end of the window.
Kristen recently posted..three things today a thursday

31 Biz March 25, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Meghann, you can never go wrong with cheese! πŸ˜€

Have a great weekend – can’t wait to see the couches
Biz recently posted..Where is Spring

32 Kacy March 25, 2011 at 4:26 pm

They only show up at the beginning of the time window if you don’t want them to. Haha, at least that’s been my experience.
Kacy recently posted..Finishers!

33 Emily @ Savory and Savage March 25, 2011 at 4:51 pm

The delivery guys have never showed up at the beginning of the window.

If the delivery window is 1-3? They show up at 3 every time.

Woot! you will have your couches soon πŸ™‚
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Yuba fettucini and dogs love tofu skin

34 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 25, 2011 at 5:34 pm

I’ve been experimenting with cheese and nut butters! I feel a bit like a Louisianian fish to be caught, but its so good. something about the creaminess. also george formans make any sandwich heavenly!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Dominion Road School

35 Hilary March 25, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Quite the creative sandwich…and I am with you on the George Foreman…LOVE it for Paninis. πŸ™‚ Hope you have the couches now!
Hilary recently posted..Leftover love and Asian Invasion

36 katie March 25, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Ughhhhhh the window time frame stinks, they give you a span of hours and then end up coming at the last 5 minutes , lol!

I saw your couches did come , loved them!! Hope Derek figured out where is best for the chair!
katie recently posted..Five Fitness loves Friday and Book Giveaway

37 Lauren @ Team Giles March 25, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I despise “time windows”. They never show up when they say. So frustrating. Sorry about the couch. πŸ™ Hopefully they hurry!

Kinda droolin’ over here about that grill cheese with carrots. Hmm.. thoughts for dinner now. πŸ™‚
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..I need more Chobani Greek Yogurt

38 melissa (fitnessnyc) March 25, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Not when it’s involved moving. In fact, I even had a company tell me they are usually earlier and they made it 1 minute before the end of the 3 hour window!
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..A NEAT DAY

39 Natale @FactualFoodie March 25, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Don’t you ever wonder who gets the first slots (aka 12 of your 12-3 time frame) since they always get to “you” last?
Natale @FactualFoodie recently posted..Success

40 M March 25, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Ok, check this out Meghann!!!

I went to a restaurant last week and had one of the BEST burgers ever-but sounds weird!

It was a nice beef burger with bacon, lettuce,tomato,cheese…and the star was-
PEANUT BUTTER spread on the bun-it tasted incredible (from the sound of it I thought it would be gross!) So tasty!

41 Meghann March 25, 2011 at 11:07 pm

There was a burger place in college that served peanut butter on a burger. It was in fact delicious. πŸ™‚

42 Krista @ Journey to a Healthy Berg March 25, 2011 at 9:49 pm

That’s quite an interesting sandwich ya got there! Puts my grilled turkey and swiss that I had for dinner to shame πŸ˜‰
Krista @ Journey to a Healthy Berg recently posted..Homeward Bound

43 BroccoliHut March 25, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Ugh, I can totally relate to having to wait around for furniture. If they say 12-3, that inevitably means they’ll show up at 2:55–at least in my experience! I hope the couches have arrived by now!
BroccoliHut recently posted..The Lure of Packaging

44 Sarah March 26, 2011 at 9:46 am

i HATE time windows. I never have good luck with them…
Ive had many instances where they called and said they had to come early due to cancellations and i was not home yet so i MISSED IT, ive had them come hours late which just throws off your whole day AND ive even had a guy no show and when i called to find out what was going on he told his boss he came and i wasnt home!

Im glad you seemed to have MUCH better luck with that then me πŸ™‚
Sarah recently posted..HAPPY WEEKEND!

45 Katherine: Unemployed March 26, 2011 at 1:18 pm

pizza companies have to give you the pizza free if they aren’t there in time… wouldn’t it be impressive if sofas were the same
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Iaso