Running Late

by Meghann on March 23, 2011

I have 15 minutes before I need to be out the door and on my way to Orlando. Can I do it?

Well, considering I’m sitting here in a bath towel, watching Teen Mom, and blogging, I’m guessing no. BUT, it doesn’t mean I’m not going to try!

Morning in review:

Wake up.

Take Maddie out/ Talk to Derek/ Check e-mail

Run 3 miles (meant to be 3 quick miles, but my legs were so tired I couldn’t keep pace)

Make Breakfast

(Fruit salad of grapes, kiwi, strawberries, and vanilla yogurt)

(Toast with peanut butter, strawberries, and ground flax)

Shower.

Blog.

Out the door (fingers crossed!)

Are you someone who is always on time or constantly late?

I used to be notoriously on time and even showed up early have the time. Unfortunately, lately, I’ve fallen in the other camp. I hate being late – I need to fix this problem ASAP!

1 Kara March 23, 2011 at 9:19 am

I love that you watch Teen Mom too! How big of a train wreck is Janelle???
Kara recently posted..Wednesday Confessions

2 Emily G. March 23, 2011 at 1:33 pm

She’s terrible…I cannot imagine treating my mother like that! She makes me soooo sick! Apparently next week we get to hear about her getting arrested!!

3 Dori March 23, 2011 at 9:20 am

I am always early. It is actually unhealthy because most of my anxiety has to do with time. But, better to be insanely early and bored/cold/etc than be on time with the crazy thoughts in my head that I could be late.
Dori recently posted..At Which Everyone Pays Attention to Dori

4 Duchess of Fork March 23, 2011 at 9:23 am

I’m the exact same way, Dori! I always overestimate how long it will take me to get somewhere (even if I’ve made the trip a million times before), so I’m usually early. I’m a teacher, and I get to school at least an hour early…just don’t want to chance being late and feeling flustered.
Duchess of Fork recently posted..Chocolate Fudge Toffee Cookies

5 christine March 23, 2011 at 10:12 am

I’m a teacher too, and the thought of being called over the PA because my first period is standing outside waiting for me is too much to bare. Granted, I’m not an hour early, but I don’t take any chances!
christine recently posted..Mishmash of Words

6 christine March 23, 2011 at 10:14 am

And by bare I mean bear πŸ˜‰ I may said I’m early, but that doesn’t mean awake!
christine recently posted..Mishmash of Words

7 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 23, 2011 at 9:21 am

Sounds like even though you’re in a rush, you’ve got a solid run and workout behind you! Normally in the mornings I get up plenty early so that I can get my workout in, come home and get ready for work, then eat my breakfast over the span of about 30 minutes (while I read blogs of course!) However, blog reading also sometimes makes me late!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Early Weekend

8 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run March 23, 2011 at 9:21 am

I’m in the 3rd category:
I’m the person that always THINKS they’re on time but other people tell me I’m late. psh! πŸ™‚

9 Marina March 23, 2011 at 9:22 am

I hope you won’t be late today πŸ™‚
I’m usually always on time, or a bit early, but I start getting ready the last second, so I’m always rushing out the door.
Marina recently posted..state of calm

10 Ali @ Ali on the Run March 23, 2011 at 9:22 am

I’m never late. In fact, I’m usually absurdly early. Waiting is my biggest pet peeve!
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..Entering Race Day Mode

11 kristy @ kristyruns.com March 23, 2011 at 9:24 am

Im late most of the time unfortunately. I blame Mark!! πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..1-015 Miles

12 Stacy @ Every Little Thing March 23, 2011 at 9:26 am

I am always early! It’s something I got from my dad. I almost always have to sit in my car while I wait for everyone else, who are on time.
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..World Water Day!

13 Holly @ The Runny Egg March 23, 2011 at 9:27 am

I am almost always at least 10 minutes early. I hate being rushed or not having enough time, etc. But ever since I started dating (and then marrying) Jason, I have become less and less on time. He is always late and it is rubbing off πŸ™

14 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 23, 2011 at 9:27 am

I’m usually right on time. To the minute.

15 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food March 23, 2011 at 9:30 am

I am usually on time…it really bothers me to be late for things. The only thing I don’t mind being late for is work! hahaha
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Bleh Bleh

16 Maryann (The Balanced Bean) March 23, 2011 at 9:31 am

Im usually either super early or late. Darn LA traffic!!
Maryann (The Balanced Bean) recently posted..Oh Hey There!

17 Lucy @ The Sweet Touch March 23, 2011 at 10:37 am

I’ve heard in LA that it is perfectly acceptable to use the traffic excuse, because usually everyone else is stuck in traffic too!
Lucy @ The Sweet Touch recently posted..On the Lighter Side

18 Megan @ Megan Mumbles March 23, 2011 at 9:34 am

I am sure you can get out on time!!

I love/hate mornigns like that!

DO you notice now that you live with Derek your mornings are a little more hectic?
Megan @ Megan Mumbles recently posted..9 1 or Bust!

19 Kaitlyn Nelson March 23, 2011 at 9:39 am

The thing with me is I’m always running late, but I’m ALWAYS on time. I’m a terrible speeder.
Kaitlyn Nelson recently posted..I know- I know- I’m a giveaway ADDICT But seriously- who

20 Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen March 23, 2011 at 9:40 am

I’m always late for absolutely everything. I’ve been trying to fix this for 21 years, so if you find a solution make sure you let me in on it! πŸ˜‰
Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen recently posted..The Final Goodbye

21 Julia March 23, 2011 at 9:45 am

I am always at least 15 minutes early if I am by myself. If my fiancee is with me, we are usually just on time. My stepmother was always late for everything when I was growing up, so when it came time for me to get where I needed to go alone, I put so much effort into being on time that I end up being early. Doesn’t bother me though, I use the early time to catch up on phone calls, emails (the beauty of smart phones) or magazine reading. I am also very funny about being ready and waiting. I’ll leave 45 minutes early rather than sit around the house or try to sneak in this chore. It’s like I can’t be ready and not GO!

22 [SMASH] at Sweat. Style. Swoon. March 23, 2011 at 9:46 am

Glad to see you’re using those strawberries up! πŸ™‚ I try to plan well enough to not be late, but that’s really dependent on how my hair is looking. πŸ™‚

23 Amy March 23, 2011 at 9:49 am

OMG. I am always late. It’s so terrible! I’m trying to break the habit.
Amy recently posted..a place for everything

24 Emily March 23, 2011 at 9:50 am

Chronically late. I think it’s actually impossible for me to arrive anywhere early. I will find some way to delay any punctual arrival.
Emily recently posted..When the Going Gets Tough

25 Hilary March 23, 2011 at 9:52 am

I’m usually more on time than late….but today is a snow day for me, I don’t have to rush anywhere.
Hilary recently posted..A bran new day

26 Allison @ PickyEatingRD March 23, 2011 at 10:07 am

I am always on ttime to things that are pressing but always late to everything else!! Definately something I should work on!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..Things Are Things

27 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) March 23, 2011 at 10:07 am

I’m ashamed to say that I’m typically running late. πŸ™ I don’t do it on purpose, though.

I’ve never had kiwi with skin on, I’m kind of afraid to try it, lol.

28 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 23, 2011 at 10:10 am

I’m normally right on time. Sometimes a few minutes late πŸ˜‰
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..So You Want To Be Analytical

29 Richelle March 23, 2011 at 10:12 am

I have noticed that lately I am running late too. Something I need to fix too!

30 michelle March 23, 2011 at 10:12 am

I am always early – too early. It’s bad because I’m always rushing to be early and end up being WAY too early (20-30min) for most things. I need to learn to just releax
michelle recently posted..How to make one hour count

31 Ashley March 23, 2011 at 10:16 am

I’m usually known for being fairly late unfortunately. Good luck! Breakfast looks good.

32 Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) March 23, 2011 at 10:23 am

I’ve never seen Teen Mom! My friends always gossip about it though, haha.

I HATE being late to something. Matter of fact, I’m the one that shows up 15 minutes early to everything! What a nerd.

Ugh, and I know how you feel about the run! I’m training for my first marathon, and I can’t stand my short run days! I’d much rather take my time and run a long distance than have a 3 mile run!
Hope you make it on time!!!
Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) recently posted..Stacey’s Corner

33 jenna{frombostonwithlove} March 23, 2011 at 10:31 am

I’m a late one. Try as I may. I was even going to give up being late for lent, but then my lent post was 2 weeeks late. Fail.
jenna{frombostonwithlove} recently posted..Things They Dont Tell You About Marriage 9-715 &amp a race recap

34 Alaina March 23, 2011 at 10:32 am

I’m usually on time. But I am rushing to get there sometimes! I’m such a procrastinator in the morning.
Alaina recently posted..Knee Slapper

35 Cara March 23, 2011 at 10:39 am

I’m almost always on time or a few minutes late. It is rare to be early, unless I’m going to somewhere with my bf he is SUPER on time and hates to be late.

36 Carolyn H. March 23, 2011 at 10:43 am

I used to be the first person (out of like 400) to freshman English at 8 am. Something is definietly wrong with that picture. What’s even worse was then I would skip my afternoon classes to make up for lost sleep. πŸ˜‰

Now, I’m on the other camp too. I mainly show up right on time. I don’t like being late AT ALL. That stresses me out big time.

37 Shanna, Like Banana March 23, 2011 at 10:43 am

I’m ALWAYS early…and grossly so. I need to learn how to be later…

38 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me March 23, 2011 at 10:50 am

Typically I’m late. I blame my fiance, he blames me….so who knows who’s “fault” it really is? lol
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Fish Tacos!

39 Hannah March 23, 2011 at 10:51 am

I packed the exact same combo of fruits in my lunch today! And, sadly, I tend to be a minute or two late or cutting it close for routine things (class, work, meetings) but then I’m usually always early for things that are new, like meeting someone in a place I’ve never been… RACING in a new city πŸ™‚
Hannah recently posted..Madison Half Marathon – 5-31-2010

40 sarah (sarah learns) March 23, 2011 at 11:15 am

i am ALWAYS early! i’m pretty sure that once i live with my fiance (next month!!) that will change though – he always wants to leave later than i think we should. grrr…
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..what i ate for the second half of wednesday

41 Biz March 23, 2011 at 11:25 am

I am always running late, but my husband will be 15 minutes early to everything! I guess we work well together despite that πŸ˜€
Biz recently posted..Where is Spring

42 katie March 23, 2011 at 11:31 am

I am always on time, its how I always was, but 2 of my sisters are known as the ‘late’ girls, they would be late to their own funerals! lol! Hope you make it girl!!!
katie recently posted..Cake time

43 Kristen March 23, 2011 at 11:43 am

Sad to say but I am usually late. Not for big things, but for the little things (usually) LOL! Although I will never leave someone waiting for me…I always try to be on time or early when I am meeting someone.

Sometimes it drives me crazy b/c I feel like I’m running 15 minutes behind on life! TOO much to do and too little time πŸ™

44 shelby March 23, 2011 at 11:46 am

Sometimes I find myself running late in the morning. When that happens, I re-prioritize…the world won’t end if I don’t take pictures of my breakfast or postpone blogging for a few hours.

45 Kacy March 23, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I despise being late, but it happens occasionally. Mostly I’d say I’m on time or early.

46 Tessa @ Amazing Asset March 23, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Oh goodness I hate these kinds of mornings! I’m usually right on time but have been finding myself speed-walking to class lately!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Monday Morning Workout

47 Anne P March 23, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I blame my blog. I used to always be on time until I started it, haha. I always get caught up in emails or finishing a post now!

48 Lexi March 23, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I am trying to be more on time!!! but i am late too OFTEN! πŸ™

49 Emily G. March 23, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I’m normally early to everything except work. It never fails..I’m always 5-10 minutes late. We work in a pretty casual place and I often stay late so it balances out.

My few of my family members are chronically late all.the.time. If there is ever a gathering, you have to tell them to be there an hour ahead of time so they’ll make it when everyone else is showing up. Isn’t that terrible? lol

50 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 23, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I’m ALWAYS late.. even when I get ready early. It’s just fate, I believe πŸ™‚
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..The Most Important Meal of the Day

51 Lauren @Hungry Dancer March 23, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I am the most punctual person ever!!! I’m usually 15 mins early everywhere I go!!
Lauren @Hungry Dancer recently posted..Socca Eggstada &amp DWTS

52 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 23, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Blogging has made me chronically late – I never used to run late!!!

53 Hope March 23, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I hope you weren’t late today! Love your colorful breakfast! I am usually always early for everything. I’d rather be a few minutes early than late. I love Teen Mom too!
Hope recently posted..A New View On The Highway…

54 Emily @ Savory and Savage March 23, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I used to always be early – but lately? I feel like I need to add on an extra 2 hours just to make sure I get to places on time πŸ™
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..One of those mornings

55 Natalie March 23, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I am a mix of the two. Sometimes I’m on time and other times I’m late. When I like the activity, I’m usually on time =).

PS – Love how you always make it a priority to sneak in a run when you can. It inspires me to do the same.

56 Kiran March 23, 2011 at 3:39 pm

I try to be early most of the time, does it count? πŸ˜‰
Kiran recently posted..I love Mondays

57 River March 23, 2011 at 4:08 pm

That breakfast looks soo good. Yum!

I’m generally pretty on time, I hate being early though….so sometimes that ends up making me late!
River recently posted..Books Written in the Present Tense

58 Kristen March 23, 2011 at 4:39 pm

In the words of my father: “if you aren’t at least 5 minutes early, you are already late.”

I still adhere to this… which is highly annoying as I now live in Spain where 15 minutes late is still “on time.”
Kristen recently posted..From My Spanish Kitchen- Creamy Toasty Lemony Hummus

59 Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss March 23, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Your father must be related to my band director! πŸ˜‰
Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss recently posted..Have to vs want to

60 allyson March 23, 2011 at 5:47 pm

i used to always be on time, my sister, not so much. who knows what happened, now i am usually late (if you think 5-10 minutes is late). thankfully my boss has the same 5-10 minute non-late rule!!
my husband is so anal about being on time, drives me nuts, i am surprised he hasnt left me behind yet.

61 Sarah March 23, 2011 at 9:56 pm

i am always always always early. if i’m on time i feel like i’m running late and if i’m ACTUALLY late i feel stressed! I should probably relax a little but at least i’m never late!
Sarah recently posted..Donut Day

62 Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss March 23, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I, too, hate being late. I think it stems from having a band director who used to say, “If you’re not 5 minutes early, you’re 10 minutes late.” I try to get everywhere at least a few minutes early … which makes for having to find ways to kill time. I carry a book in my purse to whip out at any moment.
Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss recently posted..Have to vs want to

63 Mac March 24, 2011 at 12:15 am

I am always on time! Being late is one of my pet peeves, so I always try to make a point to be on time.
Mac recently posted..Back to the HP Lab

64 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 24, 2011 at 4:56 am

I’m ALWAYS on time, and actually today I was late! Want to hear something funny? Starbucks’ here in New Zealand only brew coffee when it’s ordered: because no one except silly Americans like me order it! So I had to wait for it to be brewed (especially for me, haha!) and was running late. poo.
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Dominion Road School