Strawberry Lover

by Meghann on March 21, 2011

Happy Monday Everyone!

I had a nice surprise pop up in my twitter feed last night.

Screen shot 2011-03-21 at 9.08.52 AM.png

My little brother started a blog!

You can check him out at http://shirtlessben.wordpress.com

He plans to document all of his training for his upcoming marathon and half ironman. But, Who knows? There may even be some fun wedding tidbits thrown in there. πŸ˜‰

I woke up this morning with tight legs and sore muscles. Yoga was the only thing on my mind, but I was too lazy to seek out a studio nearby. Enter: Yogadownload.com.

The 60 minute Yoga for Runners was just what my body needed. I’ve only ever don the free 20 minute version in the past, but I decided to splurge for the full 60 minute session this time around. It was only a couple of dollars and I appreciate that it automatically pops up in my iTunes and is easily viewable from my iPad. <– they even have an iPad App now. Major bonus points there. πŸ™‚

Cereal anyone?

Derek’s parents dropped off another half flat of strawberries last night. I officially have strawberries coming out of my eyeballs. (NOT complaining at all! LOVE strawberries!)

These were a little sweeter than the last ones and are begging to be turned into something fun. Any suggestions? Strawberry pie? Strawberry cookies? Hmmm….

My bowl contained:

• 1/2 cup Kix
  • 1/2 cup Uncle Sam’s Strawberry
  • 1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • Vanilla Yogurt (This is the second week in a row I’ve accidentally purchased vanilla instead of plain. I wonder if my subconscious mind is trying to tell me something?)
  • Strawberries

I have some projects that need to be taken care of around the house this morning then I’m heading to a local coffee shop to get some work done in the afternoon. The weekend is officially over. Back to work we go!

1 Kara March 21, 2011 at 9:34 am

I am a huge fan of the Yoga for Runners podcast, but I only have the 45 minute version. It’s great for days that you need yoga, but you don’t want to get out of your PJs πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..Sleep is beautiful

2 Meghann March 21, 2011 at 9:40 am

Fun Fact: Totally did yoga in my PJs this morning πŸ™‚

3 Christine @ Bookishly Boisterous March 21, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I’m not experienced in yoga, but have been looking for a yoga for runners routine. Do you recommend this for yoga beginners?
Christine @ Bookishly Boisterous recently posted..Mishmash of Words

4 Meghann March 21, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Yes, it was one of the first yoga downloads I tried when I was first starting out. You can check out my original review here http://mealsandmiles.com/2009/01/23/a-date-has-been-set/

5 michelle March 21, 2011 at 9:34 am

You should make a strawberry pie! mmmmm I can just see the pics now…
michelle recently posted..Its only 20 miles right

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 21, 2011 at 9:35 am

I’ve been loving yogadownload.com too!! Haven’t tried the yoga for runners yet but I’ll look for it next time. I hope you have a great day Meghann – off to check out Ben’s blog now!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Early Weekend

7 Freya March 21, 2011 at 9:36 am

OOHH strawberry cookies! I’ve never seen a recipe for them, so if you make them, PLEASE shout from the rooftops how you did it!

8 Allison @ PickyEatingRD March 21, 2011 at 9:38 am

Strawberry cookies…or muffims even!! I cant wait until fruit looks that good in Chicago! Happy Monday!!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..A Big Thanks!

9 Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) March 21, 2011 at 9:42 am

You could do a strawberry shortcake! If you simmer the strawberries over the stove with a little bit of sugar they become nice and melty. You could then blend that in a blender with a little bit of vanilla extract and make a nice strawberry sauce (to go on anything!) πŸ™‚ I love strawberries too πŸ˜‰
Good luck with your projects!
And I didn’t know they offered yoga for runners! I always do the vinyasa flow, it’s a pretty good 60 minute class too. I might try the runners one next!
Stacey (The Home-Cooked Vegan) recently posted..Stacey’s Corner

10 Meghann March 21, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Thanks! That sounds easy enough. πŸ™‚

11 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 21, 2011 at 9:43 am

Ah man I wish I had access to fresh strawberries this time of year!

12 Jen @ keepitsimplefoods March 21, 2011 at 9:44 am

I’ll have to try that yoga for runners podcast. Thanks for the tip! Love Kix cereal…ah, childhood memories.
Jen @ keepitsimplefoods recently posted..Coconut Oil Winner And A Recipe!

13 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) March 21, 2011 at 9:53 am

Fresh strawberries are heavenly! That whole bowl of goodness looks yummmmmmmy!

14 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 21, 2011 at 9:55 am

I’m super jealous of your strawberry surplus!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

15 Rachel A March 21, 2011 at 9:56 am

Strawberry bread will rock your socks off! Its an easy recipe too.

16 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life March 21, 2011 at 9:58 am

So sweet that you’ve (I presume) inspired your little brother to start a blog!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Changes

17 daisy March 21, 2011 at 10:01 am

strawberry crumb cake. it is amazing

18 Cara March 21, 2011 at 10:02 am

That yoga sounds pretty delightful! I need to do more yoga, thanks for the link!
I could only wish that I had so many strawberries ! I love them, but they are pretty expensive in PA this time of year.

19 Dorien March 21, 2011 at 10:11 am

Thanks so much for this link! I’ve been looking for a good way to stretch my muscles after running, I’m going to try it out right now! Have a great day!

20 Ali @ Ali Runs March 21, 2011 at 10:12 am

I love strawberries! I’ve been eating peanut butter and strawberry sandwiches all the time lately! πŸ™‚

21 [SMASH] March 21, 2011 at 10:12 am

Toss ’em in a green monster. Yum! I loooove strawberries.
[SMASH] recently posted..SWOON Come On You Hoops!

22 Jessica @ Dishin' About Nutrition March 21, 2011 at 10:21 am

I have been loving Uncle Sam’s Wild Strawberry! Your strawberries look so good, I have been using frozen ones until they are in season. Can’t wait for summer!
Jessica @ Dishin’ About Nutrition recently posted..Healthy Green Bean Casserole

23 Ashley March 21, 2011 at 10:22 am

Strawberry pie sounds really good!

24 jen @ taste life March 21, 2011 at 10:25 am

I’m sick of strawberries, but I think it’s because they’re shipped up here, not farm fresh delicious strawberries!
jen @ taste life recently posted..Self Esteem Sunday–Weight Worries

25 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather March 21, 2011 at 10:25 am

You should totally make strawberry cookie mainly because I want a good recipe for some! Hehe selfish I know πŸ˜‰

26 Kathryn March 21, 2011 at 10:26 am

I made a strawberry pie a few days ago. I may or may not have eaten it for breakfast yesterday. Strawberry cookies sound really good too!
Kathryn recently posted..I Would Like Your Help With This

27 Hope March 21, 2011 at 10:28 am

I love fresh strawberries! I’ve been buying them at the supermarket every week. I cannot get enough of them in my cereal. So good! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..A New View On The Highway…

28 Alyssa March 21, 2011 at 10:35 am

How bout something from Oh She Glows?

Or I’ve been wanting to make this! Strawberry Skillet Bread

29 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] March 21, 2011 at 10:45 am

Jealous about the strawberries …
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..Why France Talking with Anne

30 Jenny March 21, 2011 at 11:09 am

the strawberry + oats looks so yummy!

31 Lindsey @ SoundEats March 21, 2011 at 11:18 am

I don’t know if anyone else mentioned this before, but there’s a lululemon showroom in Tampa! You should stop by sometime and talk to the peeps there about yoga studios in the area – they should definitely be able to tell you of a studio that matches what you’re looking for! Plus they should have a weekly run group and a weekly complimentary yoga class, too – could be a fun way to meet more local Tampa friends!

32 Meghann March 21, 2011 at 11:30 am

I randomly met someone from the Lululemon Showroom here when I took my first yoga class in the area last week. She gave some great suggestions, I just need to follow through with them. πŸ™‚

33 Lucy @ The Sweet Touch March 21, 2011 at 11:44 am

mmmmm, fresh strawberries! i didn’t even realize they would be in season yet but i’ve already bought 2 pounds of the most beautiful berries i’ve seen in ages! i made a spinach salad with them and topped it with a balsamic reduction – so easy, so delicious!
Lucy @ The Sweet Touch recently posted..On the Lighter Side

34 Erin March 21, 2011 at 11:50 am

This recipe for salmon with strawberry salsa popped up in my Facebook feed this morning: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2947

Don’t know if you do salmon but the salsa would probably be good with lots of things!
Erin recently posted..Weekly Workout Wround Up

35 Meghann March 21, 2011 at 2:52 pm

We just bought some fish at Publix yesterday. It’s a white fish, but i think the salsa will still work. thanks for the rec! πŸ™‚

36 katie March 21, 2011 at 11:57 am

So great your brother started a blog too!!! I will have to check it out!

I have not had Kix in forever! U just brought back childhood memories ; )

Have a great day girl! xo
katie recently posted..Friday love

37 Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free March 21, 2011 at 11:57 am

I was looking for a good yoga routine. Thanks for the tip! And go ben!
Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free recently posted..NYC NYC NYC

38 Kelly March 21, 2011 at 11:59 am

If you are afraid you won’t eat them all or can’t eat them all you can always freeze them. I wash and hull them and then place them in the freezer on a baking sheet. They freeze individually and are great snacks and work well in smoothies. Congrats to Ben! I can’t wait to check out his blog.

39 Meghann March 21, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I already have two gallon sized ziplocs filled with strawberries in the freezer! There are strawberries everywhere right now! πŸ™‚

40 Emily March 21, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Strawberries out the eyeballs sounds horrible and wonderful at the same time. My favorite strawberry recipe may be my mom’s strawberry rhubarb pie, which I haven’t had in AGES! I would love to make a vegan version.
Emily recently posted..Thoughts while running

41 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 21, 2011 at 12:10 pm

I freaking love strawberries! I just got back from a week long trip to Costa Rica and didn’t have strawberries for a week! I just had a whole crap load for breakfast! πŸ˜‰
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Guest Post- Training In The Heat

42 Tessa @ Amazing Asset March 21, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Mmm strawberries…. you could always do a classic smoothie, or slice some in a spinach salad with lemon poppyseed dressing (love that combo) or chocolate covered strawberries! Thinking about this is making me hungry πŸ˜€

43 Lindsey (HIP LIP) March 21, 2011 at 12:41 pm

PLEASE make this! http://www.yumsugar.com/Strawberry-Crumb-Cake-Recipe-8328987 I am dying to make it but the strawberries don’t look that great where I am yet.
Lindsey (HIP LIP) recently posted..Friday Ramblings

44 Meghann March 21, 2011 at 2:54 pm

That does look good! Bookmarked! πŸ™‚

45 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 21, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Strawberries are my favorite fruit! They never last long around me. I always mean to turn them into something but I eat them too fast!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Being An Athlete At Any Size

46 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me March 21, 2011 at 12:56 pm

So jealous! Strawberries are my absolute most favorite fruit! Can’t wait for them to be in season!

47 Val @ Balancing Val March 21, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Do you ever blog from your ipad?

If so what app do you use?

I use BlogPress but the pictures always come out to small!!

48 Meghann March 21, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I don’t. I’ve tried using the Wordpress app, but I don’t like how you can’t arrange the photos. It’s equivalant to blogging from your iphone – no fun. πŸ™ that’s one of the reasons why I’m not the biggest fan of the ipad. It comes in handy on occasion, but will ever replace my laptop (even when I travel!)

49 Beth @ DiningAndDishing March 21, 2011 at 1:25 pm

So jealous of your Florida strawberries! Local ones are just not in season yet here in DC. I’m so ready to be done with apples, oranges and bananas right now. Bring on the summer fruit!
Beth @ DiningAndDishing recently posted..Salad as a Meal Challenge

50 Rebecca March 21, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Strawberry muffins are divine! Also love letting sliced strawberries sit in a little sugar and lemon juice and then eating the “glaze” on top of everything — english muffins, oatmeal, ice cream, yogurt…Strawberries + whipped cream + tortilla makes an awesome dessert wrap too! Yum, I envy Florida’s long strawberry season. Ours doesn’t begin till late May and only lasts a few weeks!
Rebecca recently posted..Drink Up!

51 Katherine: Unemployed March 21, 2011 at 1:37 pm

looks like blogging is all the family

52 VeggieGirl March 21, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Bake some strawberry blondies! πŸ™‚

And thank you so much for your kind words on my blog post!
VeggieGirl recently posted..The Moment of Truth- Brief Follow-Up

53 Stacey March 21, 2011 at 1:59 pm

How about strawberry preserves? Then it will last you a while. and would be a good topping for everything.
Stacey recently posted..Spring has Sprung

54 Kacy March 21, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I might have to check that yoga sesh out tonight, I’m pretty sore!
I love strawberries too. I vote strawberry pie!
Kacy recently posted..Finishers!

55 Emily @ Savory and Savage March 21, 2011 at 2:31 pm

You will have your years supply of Vit. C when you make it through all those strawberries!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Turkey skillet hash

56 LauraJayne March 21, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I definitely want to try to Yoga for Runners – and visit that site! I have been needing yoga back into my life, but just haven’t made it a priority! Hopefully this will make it easier!

57 natalie (the sweets life) March 21, 2011 at 2:49 pm

now you just have to get sibling #4 to start a blog… πŸ™‚
natalie (the sweets life) recently posted..Best of 2011- Sweet Potato Butter

58 Meghann March 21, 2011 at 2:57 pm

haha something tells me I don’t see that happening. Though it would be nice to keep track up him in his first years of residency in CA next year!

59 Ashley March 21, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Hi! Just like your brother I am a new blogger myself. I am really excited to find out about the yoga download iPad app. Yoga is something I have been trying to add more of in my life, and this is an easy way to do it. Great post!
Ashley recently posted..Beats to Make You Move

60 Fallon March 21, 2011 at 4:41 pm

This weekend I made strawberry short cakes with a homemade whipped cream and an addition of rum. It was delicious!
Fallon recently posted..My Review of Pure Indulgence 2 Qt Frozen Yogurt-Sorbet &amp Ice Cream Maker

61 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 21, 2011 at 6:32 pm

I’m jealous I love strawberries, too! What about strawberry banana softserv?
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Dominion Road School

62 Monica C. March 21, 2011 at 6:44 pm

How about strawberry muffins? Or better yet – strawberry SCONES?????? πŸ™‚
Monica C. recently posted..A Meme

63 Emily (Comfortable Home Life) March 21, 2011 at 6:57 pm

I just bought 4 pounds of strawberries at Costco. I sliced them up and froze most of them to use in morning green monsters. πŸ™‚

64 Hilary March 21, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I really like strawberries dipped in plain yogurt or sour cream, then brown sugar (or brown sugar twin)….smoothies are always good…or over fro yo…YUM!
Hilary recently posted..Favourite things- cross-border food finds

65 Marissa March 21, 2011 at 9:28 pm

I LOVE me some strawberries! My absolute favorite dessert by far is strawberry pie! Oh my yum!

66 Lauren @ Team Giles March 21, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I love that your fam blogs! πŸ™‚

I’ve been strawberry obsessed lately. Oui, I can’t get enough!
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..Weekend Inspiration

67 Tara March 21, 2011 at 11:19 pm

I loved the stawberry fields salad that they used to have at tgi Fridays. It was strawberries, pecans, parmesan cheese shavings, and balsamic vinaigrette. It’s a fun and simple way to change it up from the sweet strawberry desserty recipes.
Tara recently posted..Packages- Packages!