Dark Chocolate Dreams

by Meghann on March 19, 2011

You know you’re a food blogger when….

You get downright giddy when you start scraping the bottom of another nut butter jar. 🙂

Woo hoo!

I polished off this gorgeous container of Dark Chocolate Dreams while making the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies last night (my mouth is still watering from those!) When the cookies went in the oven I got to work filling the jar with..

• 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
  • Chia Seeds
  • Vanilla Yogurt
  • Milk
  • Cinnamon

… then placed it in the fridge over night.

This morning I topped it off with strawberries.

A rich and chocolatey breakfast to start my Saturday off with.

I’m heading to St. Pete today to meet a few friends. Crossing my fingers for lots of sunshine!

I hope the sun is shining where you are too! Take a minute, head outside, and soak up some Vitamin D!

Happy Saturday!

1 cathyb.@brightbakes March 19, 2011 at 9:23 am

I’ve got a Dark Chocolate Dreams jar *almost* empty…Cant. Wait! 🙂
Top reason I would want to live in Florida? Strawberries in March! We’ve got at least 2 months before we’ll have them here :S
cheers,
cathy b.

2 Courtney March 19, 2011 at 9:24 am

Yum! Dark Chocolate Dreams is soooo good. 🙂 Have you tried the White Chocolate kind?
Courtney recently posted..March Beauty Review–Manicure Edition

3 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) March 19, 2011 at 9:24 am

The chocolate-strawberry combo is my favorite. I need to track down some chocolate-y nut butter!
Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) recently posted..Water Or Soda

4 kristine March 19, 2011 at 9:27 am

Well that sure looks tasty!!!

Have a great Saturday!
kristine recently posted..Currently on my mind…

5 Kristy @ KristyRuns March 19, 2011 at 9:35 am

chocolate + peanut butter = amazing!!!
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..A Vegan’s Dilemma

6 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 19, 2011 at 9:36 am

Have you tried Justin’s Chocolate PB? It puts PB&CO to shame!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..SunWarrior Raw Vegan Protein Review

7 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 19, 2011 at 9:38 am

That dark choc flavor is my favorite from that collection — so unbelievably good. It tastes like frosting!

I’m praying for sunshine today too!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

8 Ashley March 19, 2011 at 9:58 am

I love overnight oats in a jar. It’s so gorgeous here too.

9 Maryann (The Balanced Bean) March 19, 2011 at 10:01 am

DCD is amazing!! I couldnt even wait to make OIAJ with it so i had cereal in a jar with it haha.
Maryann (The Balanced Bean) recently posted..Calorie Torching Workout

10 Fit Chick Britt March 19, 2011 at 10:13 am

Eeeeek! I’m done with a jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams PB too and can’t wait to make some overnight oats!! I was going to do banana but that strawberry looks so good I might have to do that instead.
Fit Chick Britt recently posted..Happy Green Day

11 katie March 19, 2011 at 10:33 am

Dark Chocolate Dreams are the best dreams to have! Yummy!!! Have fun today love!!!
katie recently posted..Friday love

12 khushboo March 19, 2011 at 10:41 am

Haha oh so true! The first time I wanted to try OIAJ, I left it in the cabinet with a few bites to save it for when I reallly could enjoy it. My mom didn’t realise and finished it off and then chucked it away! I went kinda…er very..skitzo on her! Next time add some coconut shavings to your empty dark choc dreams jar…its like a bar of bounty for brekkie 🙂

13 Ann March 19, 2011 at 10:47 am

Never tried the dark chocolate version, but that looks like a wonderful breakfast to start off a fun day with your friends! Chocolate and strawberries are one of my favorite combinations. I hope you gets lots of sunshine!
Ann recently posted..You Must Be a Perfectionist

14 Tracey March 19, 2011 at 10:59 am

My dark chocolate pb dreams is at the bottom too! In desperate need of more!!

15 Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free March 19, 2011 at 11:40 am

I still haven’t ever tried peanut butter and co! I need to get on that!
Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free recently posted..NYC NYC NYC

16 Shannon March 19, 2011 at 11:45 am

True story…After a night out with the girls, I came home slightly drunk to a boyfriend who was happy to see me. Until I bypassed him got a spoon and my dark chocolate dreams and went to town. He insisted on cutting up an apple for me, to make it less indulgent. I resisted at first, and the next day yelled at him for not slapping the jar out of my hand. It’s like a blended up Reese…soo good…
Shannon recently posted..Party like a Lobster

17 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] March 19, 2011 at 12:10 pm

How fun! I have been to St Pete’s – it’s gorgeous!
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..Why France Talking with Anne

18 Kristen March 19, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I love that peanut butter. When I got to the bottom of my last jar, I left a little extra so that my oatmeal would be that much better!
Enjoy the beach- I’m jealous of any place that has beach weather in March (or April for that matter).
Kristen recently posted..feeling lucky win a roadid and my review

19 Lucie March 19, 2011 at 12:29 pm

yum!
Lucie recently posted..Living Dangerously

20 [SMASH] March 19, 2011 at 12:50 pm

YUM YUM.

21 Laura March 19, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Yay for SUN! I know you get a lot of it in FL and living here in Utah the sun is finally coming our way…today is a beautiful day as well! enjoy!

22 Morgan @ Life After Bagels March 19, 2011 at 1:04 pm

You also know you’re a food blogger when you keep an empty jar of nut butter in your fridge for weeks because you’re saving it for “the right time” . . . if anyone agrees with my comment please send your opinions care of a Mr Bradley Leitch so that he doesn’t throw out my almond butter jar that is currently in my fridge 😉

23 Meghann March 19, 2011 at 7:42 pm

haha I’ve hoarded almost empty jars of nut butter before too 🙂

24 Katherine: Unemployed March 19, 2011 at 1:10 pm

I dream of genie… and want genie to make that appear 🙂
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Clint Robertson

25 Carolyn H. March 19, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Lots of sunshine. I enjoyed soaking it up and eating the world’s best pineapple! Let me know if you ever want to explore the area more! I’ve been in Tampa and year so there are lots more adventures to be had.
Carolyn H. recently posted..Peace – Love- and Chocolate

26 Lea @ Healthy Coconut March 19, 2011 at 1:36 pm

I have the same jar…but *sigh* still waiting to scrape the bottom and wait for the day I can stuff everything in there with all my favorite breakfast food. + coconut of course.
Lea @ Healthy Coconut recently posted..Fun Facts Friday &amp Giveaway winner

27 The Teenage Taste March 19, 2011 at 1:57 pm

That is so true! I don’t know what I would do without OIAJ!
The Teenage Taste recently posted..Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

28 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 March 19, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Dark Chocolate Dreams…my favorite! It also tastes really good in berry smoothies 🙂
breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 recently posted..This weekand other randoms

29 rebecca lustig March 19, 2011 at 2:56 pm

been waiting, impatiently, for my almond butter jar to be completed so i can FINALLY try oiaj!

30 Emily @ Savory and Savage March 19, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Chocolate and strawberry are always a winning combination.

Have a fun day with your friends!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Just keep trying

31 Laura @ Backstage Pass March 19, 2011 at 3:04 pm

St. Petersburg or St. Pete’s Beach? I LOVE BOTH! My boyfriend’s Godparents just moved into a condo on St. Pete’s and we can’t wait to go and visit them there. I’ve been before and it’s got to be one of the best beaches in the U.S.
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..15 weeks til beaches

32 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 19, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I have an almost empty DCD jar and I CAN’T wait for overnight oats!!!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Luck of the Irish

33 Karolina March 19, 2011 at 3:49 pm

This looks amazing!!! Yum:)
Karolina recently posted..I am only one- but I am still one

34 Hilary March 19, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Yum! PB, chocolate and oats? Sounds like a good Saturday start to me!
Hilary recently posted..Simple St Paddy’s Supper

35 Katie @ running4cupcakes March 20, 2011 at 12:01 am

How much milk and yogurt do you put in your overnight nut butter jar?

36 Meghann March 20, 2011 at 6:33 am

A couple of spoonfuls of yogurt and just enough milk to soak the oats.

37 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 20, 2011 at 3:39 am

genius way to reduce waste! I’ll be doing that when my jar is running on empty
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Dominion Road School