more ยป" />

Table Hunt

by Meghann on March 18, 2011

Wanted: A tiny table to go in this space.

IMG_9535.jpg

Will be used for: mail, random running things (garmin, ipod, armband), etc

Must be: medium height, thin in width, long in length, and have ample room underneath for Maddie’s dog bowls. Bonus points for a small drawer.

Have already checked: Target, Ikea, Wal-Mart, and Goodwill

I know it’s out there! The only question is – where? ๐Ÿ™‚

That little table has been on my mind since I moved in. Currently we set mail on the kitchen counter and my running things are scathered around the living room. It’s driving me crazy.

Help! ๐Ÿ™‚

I made a Naan Pizza for lunch today using a piece of whole wheat naan, tomato sauce, cheese, carrots, tempeh, and dried apples.

I chopped the dried apples up and added them last. While the pizza was cooking under the broiler the house smelled oddly of toasted marshmallows. hmmm…. toasted dried apples anyone?

The toasted dried apples added a touch sweetness and chew to the pizza. They really did resemble toasted marshmallows in both taste and smell. ๐Ÿ™‚

Only a few more hours until it’s the weekend!! Woop! Woop!

1 Ali @ Ali Runs March 18, 2011 at 2:07 pm

You always have the most interesting creations. I love naan pizza but I never get too crazy–the dried apples probably would have been a no go for me. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Good luck on your table hunt!!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Half Marathon Goals

2 Alaina March 18, 2011 at 2:07 pm

That pizza looks awesome!!

Have you tried Craigslist?
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

3 Amanda March 18, 2011 at 2:08 pm

How about instead of a table you put a shelf? You can find one that isnt too wide that would fit perfectly.
Amanda recently posted..It Was Meant To Be

4 Sarah for Real March 18, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I was thinking the same thing! Doesn’t IKEA sell those floating shelf things? Sounds like a great Derek project ๐Ÿ˜‰

5 Marlow March 18, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I was thinking the exact same thing! Ikea has tons of options. You could even do two floating shelves for more room!

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 18, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I was going to suggest Craigslist or Kijiji… I’ve never found anything that I’ve bought but I hear some of my friends have enjoyed some amazing finds for super cheap!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Hot Legs

7 kirsten March 18, 2011 at 2:09 pm

try Pier One or Home Goods, both have thin tables like that.

8 Rachel A March 18, 2011 at 2:10 pm

We had the same issue. We ended up putting in a wall-mounted shelf from Target. Recently, I was looking in some antique malls and saw some small tables that would have worked…I forgot that furniture used to be a lot smaller in scale than it is now.

9 Melissa March 18, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Try Pier One, that’s where I bought mine from

10 melissa (fitnessnyc) March 18, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I found a little table at bed bath and beyond, but pier 1 is a good suggestions. Also, walmart.com has a ton of affordable furniture, and the quality is comparable to ikea.
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Blossom

11 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 18, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Target and Ikea would have been my top picks — but I agree with Kirsten above me who suggested Pier 1!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

12 Amanda March 18, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I found some really cute (and cheap) tables at Ross the other day. I would check there and World Market!
Amanda recently posted..Happy Birthday to my Mom!

13 Kimberly @ Healthy Strides March 18, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I searched high and low for a console table for our living room for the same purpose and could never find something quite right. We ended up finding a decorative-ish bookshelf that worked out great once we got some baskets. Good luck!
Kimberly @ Healthy Strides recently posted..Friday love- Springing forward

14 Allison G. March 18, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Check out a local antique/vintage furniture store. You can get something of much better quality for a lot less $$ in many cases. Like a PP also said, furniture used to be much less bulky.

15 greenbean March 18, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Marshall’s, TJ Maxx, Homegoods

16 linz March 18, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Do you have Tuesday Morning or Homegoods in Tampa? I have found my most random home necessities at those places.
linz recently posted..Outfit of the Week- Casual Friday

17 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food March 18, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Naan was on sale at Publix and I totally should have got some!!

We bought our mini table at Homegoods, we use it for our dog leash, mail, and my running knick knacks. I love it! It’s about thigh-high with about a 20-inch diameter round top, with mosaic tiles on top. It works perfectly!
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Food Fact Friday- Peanut Butter Me Up

18 Hanna March 18, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Have you looked at night stands? they have drawers, and seems to fit what you are looking for:)

19 Amy March 18, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Check out Amazon & Overstock.com

20 Chรฉ @ Knight at the Restaurant March 18, 2011 at 2:43 pm

TJ Maxx Homegoods. We found one just like the one you’re describing for 30 bucks.
Chรฉ @ Knight at the Restaurant recently posted..Non-Food Review- Part 2- Omni Houston Hotel

21 Corie March 18, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Have you ever thought of making one? I don’t know how handy either you or Derek are but that could always be an option. You could make it the exact height and width that you wanted, and could even put a drawer in! Check younghouselove to see if they’ve done anything like it?

22 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 18, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I love naan pizza!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Follow Friday

23 Kelsey March 18, 2011 at 2:46 pm
24 Jody March 18, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Do you guys have Home Goods down there? We just found an entry table like that there. They have such a great selection of end tables/beside tables/small buffet tables, etc! In all different colors and sizes.

World Market is another good place to try. Maybe Tuesday Morning, TJ Maxx or Marshalls although those are sometimes hit or miss for me. Good luck!

25 Amanda March 18, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Have you tried overstock.com ? I got a really cool trunk that we use as our coffee table and shipping is like $2 on everything! It looks like what you want is referred to as a “sofa table”, so try searching with those terms!

26 Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing March 18, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Definitely TJ Maxx/Homegoods! Good luck!
Carolyn @ Lovin’ Losing recently posted..Practice What I Preach Weigh-in

27 Karolina March 18, 2011 at 3:01 pm

That’s a really interesting combination of foods to say the least! I don’t think I would’ve ever tried to put dried apple on anything, but the pictures of the pizza LOOK great!
Karolina recently posted..I am only one- but I am still one

28 Erin March 18, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I am also going to suggest shelves. Instead of a drawer you could put small baskets (Ikea sells good ones) or canvas bins on the shelf.

I used to work at a local chain pizza place. When the chain was founded they had apples on the menu as a pizza topping. They took it off the menu but occasionally “old timers” would ask for it so we always had an apple or two handy just in case. I never tried but apparently it was quite good!
Erin recently posted..A Little Recovery

29 Callie March 18, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Oh it’s totally out there. If you come pick me up early tomorrow for lunch, we could try to find a cool one at a thrift store or garage sale. ๐Ÿ™‚

I just realized that I had a perfect table for this spot…but my parents took it back home with them when they visited last time. Oops. Maybe I could get it back for you. ๐Ÿ™‚
Callie recently posted..Put Me In the Pool

30 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 18, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Omg that pizza sounds amazing.. I LOVE sweet/savory!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Luck of the Irish

31 Kacy March 18, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I always have good luck at second hand furniture stores. They have pretty eclectic pieces.
Kacy recently posted..I come alive in the Spring time

32 Hilary March 18, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Interesting flavour combo…and that’s surprising that the places you mentioned don’t have a table like you want!
Hilary recently posted..Making the best

33 Emily March 18, 2011 at 3:32 pm

World Market might be a good place to look. I’m kind of in love with this telephone table: http://www.worldmarket.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3557757
Emily recently posted..Back to the Running

34 Jessica March 18, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I found pretty much exactly what you described at Marshall’s for under $50 after about 3 months of looking. Good luck, furniture hunting is exhaaausting ๐Ÿ™‚

35 Jessica March 18, 2011 at 4:43 pm

or check local home consignment shops- I always find awesome stuff there and so cheap.
Jessica recently posted..Accidentally Holy

36 [SMASH] March 18, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Do you have a Garden Ridge there? That may be a good place to look. Or perhaps a World Market? You need a plant stand type table there; would be perfect!

37 Billie March 18, 2011 at 4:22 pm

ooops posted comment in wrong section……

38 Runeatrepeat March 18, 2011 at 4:27 pm

I got my tables at Marshall’s ๐Ÿ™‚
Runeatrepeat recently posted..Two Different Eggs

39 Hope March 18, 2011 at 4:40 pm

You should check HomeGoods. I don’t know if you have one near you but it’s like a division of Marshall’s. They have some REALLY good things there! Also, check Pier 1 and Bed, Bath & Beyond. Good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

That pizza looks so good by the way! I want to try naan bread.
Hope recently posted..Chicken Cacciatore in the Crockpotโ€ฆ

40 s March 18, 2011 at 4:42 pm

i love how zany your food combos are. especially that they usually work!!

41 s March 18, 2011 at 4:44 pm

oh, and walmart has tables, too.

42 Jessica @ Domesticated-Bliss March 18, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Check out HomeGoods, TJ Maxx and Marshalls. Also, overstock.com is a great resource too!

43 Reenie March 18, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Search garage sales, estate sales, craigslist, Target…..keep your measurements with you ~ you’ll find something ๐Ÿ˜‰

44 Amy March 18, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Ohhh a naan pizza! Yum! Good luck on your table hunt!

45 Kate March 18, 2011 at 5:30 pm

This is pricey, but I’ve seen similar pieces at the Homegoods in Lutz. Something like this turned longways against the wall could be cute, too, and really wouldn’t be hard to build.
Kate recently posted..Hello world!

46 Clare @ Fitting It All In March 18, 2011 at 5:45 pm

I had TJ’s frozen Naan (the BEST!) and completely forgot about it – it would be perfect for a pizza. much sturdier than a tortilla!
Thanks for the idea:)
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Healthy Living At Work

47 kristen March 18, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Try HomeGoods they always have cute little tables…or TJ Maxx/marshalls? In the meantime, I love to use baskets for mail and running gear. Hope that helps ๐Ÿ™‚

48 Jen S March 18, 2011 at 6:03 pm

It is going to sound strange, but I have the best luck finding little accent tables at fabric stores. A lot of them like Calisco Corners, Hancock and JoAnne’s all sell a handful of little accent furniture pieces.

49 Alison March 18, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I am not the first person to say this, but Home Goods to the rescue! Tons of options, great prices. It is the secret behind all of those HGTV makeovers. Good luck!

50 christina cadden March 18, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Your pizza looks good and good luck on your table hunt!

51 Samantha March 18, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Why not build your own table? It can be the specs you need and you can put your own twist on it like a beer bottle cap inlaid top?

52 Emily @ Savory and Savage March 18, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Good luck on the table hunt!!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Dumpling soup

53 sally March 18, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Pier One!

54 Laura (Starloz) March 18, 2011 at 7:58 pm

i always make my pizza on naan, never added apples though
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Sugar Cookies

55 Monica March 18, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Have you tried Home Goods or Old Time Pottery?

56 Lauren March 18, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I am looking for a similar table. Let me know if you find one!
Lauren recently posted..Lots of Surprises Today

57 kiera March 18, 2011 at 8:44 pm

i am a huge fan of West Elm. Just saw this, don’t know how long you are looking for out color…or style. but i would definitely suggest them!

58 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 18, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I love your food combos! Dried fruit on a pizza is the best ๐Ÿ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..A Perfect Ten

59 Baking 'n' Books March 18, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Carrots on pizza…meh, why not? Happy weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚
Baking ‘n’ Books recently posted..How To Be An Instant Millionaireโ€ฆ

60 rebecca lustig March 18, 2011 at 9:44 pm

TOASTED dried apples? liking where this is headed

61 Fallon March 18, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Pier One Imports!!!!!
Fallon recently posted..Chunky Monkey Granola

62 Ashley March 18, 2011 at 11:00 pm

shelves are always great if you can’t find it! Also try TJ Maxx, sometimes they have some great pieces of miscellaneous furniture.

63 Sarah K March 19, 2011 at 2:12 am

Pizza looks delicious!
Sarah K recently posted..Today was

64 jodie March 20, 2011 at 9:20 am

Never tried apples on pizza before. But sounds like a great idea and it looked quite tasty.