Beautiful Scenery

by Meghann on March 18, 2011

Beautiful. Florida is just beautiful.

IMAG0559.jpg

I was on a roll today with exploring new Tampa trails with new friends. This morning I went for a run on Suncoast Trail with Laura and this afternoon I walked Lettuce Lake Park with Kelly.

IMAG0564.jpg

Lettuce Lake Park is located right next door to USF and is absolutely beautiful. There are trees swamps, and a mile paved loop that circles the park and branches out into the water for some gorgeous, peaceful views.

IMAG0562.jpg

Can you spot the gator?

IMAG0560.jpg

We walked a couple loops of the park and just enjoyed the fresh air. It was a lovely way to spend a Friday afternoon. πŸ™‚

Before I left i snacked on a Lemon Chobani with granola.

On the way home I called Derek to see what the plan was for dinner. We had originally purchased cabbage and potatoes for last night’s meal, but were invited to his brother’s house to enjoy the exact same dish there instead. After a 5 minute discussion of weighing our other options, we both decided having the same meal two nights in a row was a-ok in our books. πŸ™‚

Our version was a little different. We boiled the cabbage with red potatoes and ham instead of corn beef. It was quick, easy, and tasty. The key is using lots of pepper – boiled cabbage needs pepper. πŸ™‚

On the side I had my last hunk of Irish Soda Bread.

Until we meet again my sweet bread friend! πŸ™‚

I was in the mood to bake tonight. Peanut butter cookies were definitely on my mind and after realizing I had no butter in the fridge, I took to twitter for advice.

Screen shot 2011-03-18 at 10.53.12 PM.png

I was getting responses, but nothing stood out.

On to #2 – I decided to give Google a go at it. (notice how twitter comes before Google)

Screen shot 2011-03-18 at 10.51.35 PM.png

Did you know, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, Google now has this nifty feature where you can see who is talking in ‘your inner circle’ (aka people who are in your address book or you follow on twitter) about what you’re searching for.

Screen shot 2011-03-18 at 10.51.57 PM.png

BAM!

Screen shot 2011-03-18 at 10.52.15 PM.png

It was while I was flipping through those results that I found this.

Screen shot 2011-03-18 at 10.52.34 PM.png

A Double Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie recipe that doesn’t require butter? Sign me up!

I already had everything for the recipe on hand and – luckily – it didn’t require the one thing I was lacking (butter). Success. Bonus points that the dough and cookies were equally delicious. I found myself licking up every last crumb in the dough bowl. πŸ™‚

I had two cookies HOT out of the oven (plus another cookie worth of dough πŸ˜‰ )

I suggest you make this recipe. Now. The cookies were thick and chewy and I personally enjoyed the crunch of the peanuts. It was rich, but not overly rich – the just right rich.

I have a happy belly and a happy mind. Derek is already snoring on our one chair (7 days until the couches are here!), so I think I’ll take to the bed for some light reading.

Good Night!!

1 Kristy @ KristyRuns March 18, 2011 at 11:15 pm

My family are full of USF alumni, so we’re really familiar with Lettuce Lake! The Flatwood Park trails are pretty much right next door and have way more to offer! Check it out! πŸ™‚
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..A Vegan’s Dilemma

2 Callie March 18, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Hehe. Nate fell asleep early tonight too and was snoring on the couch. No wonder those two get along. πŸ™‚ Feel free to bring cookies to your pregnant friend tomorrow!!! Hehe.
Callie recently posted..Put Me In the Pool

3 Kiran March 18, 2011 at 11:22 pm

No butter cookies? Sign me up πŸ˜€
Kiran recently posted..Lessons from Social Fresh- Facebook

4 Amanda March 18, 2011 at 11:24 pm

These looks SO amazing! πŸ™‚
Amanda recently posted..Are You Ready to Safari!

5 Hilary March 18, 2011 at 11:26 pm

MMM…..yum. In the future, there is a super-easy PB cookie recipe you can make that only has pb, an egg and sugar (on the back of the Kraft PB jar), FYI.
Hilary recently posted..Making the best

6 Jessica March 18, 2011 at 11:34 pm

I’m so happy you’re loving Tampa! I live in Broward County now and I miss it all the time. Be careful at Lettuce Lake though, there have been some icky situations, from car break-ins to gator attacks!

7 Sana March 19, 2011 at 12:29 am

Gatorsss! Cabbage is really good on it’s own! The Irish clearly have this!
Sana recently posted..Super Stuff!

8 Laura (Starloz) March 19, 2011 at 1:05 am

oh, the area you’ve moved too seems beautiful & those cookies, ahhh, OMG!
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Sugar Cookies

9 Hannah @ Healthy Whip March 19, 2011 at 4:34 am

Wow those cookies look great! I’m eyeing my cupboards now to see what cookie baking ingreadients we have in!

10 katie March 19, 2011 at 6:58 am

It is beautiful in Florida! I always had a soft spot for florida and dreamed of moving there ; ) Im glad you found a cookie recipe, they look yummy!!!

xoxo
katie recently posted..Friday love

11 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 19, 2011 at 6:58 am

Ah those cookies look so good…
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Follow Friday

12 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 19, 2011 at 6:59 am

Wooo I’m glad you liked those cookies!! Reminds me that I need to make them for myself again once Lent is over πŸ™‚
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Skreet Sitting

13 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun March 19, 2011 at 7:19 am

That social circle search is amazing! I had no clue!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Where Is All The Produce

14 Haleigh March 19, 2011 at 8:02 am

I love your cute little pigtails with the bandana! Those cookies look fantastic!
Haleigh recently posted..3 Year Anniversary

15 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 19, 2011 at 8:36 am

Your photos always make me wish I lived in Florida!! (The grass is always greener on the other side, right?) πŸ˜› LOVE the looks of those cookies!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Hot Legs

16 Fallon March 19, 2011 at 9:22 am

YUM Those cookies look great!! Never had a chocolate peanut butter cookie before.
Fallon recently posted..Chunky Monkey Granola

17 Fallon March 19, 2011 at 9:24 am

Well now that I think about it that is somewhat not true that I’ve never had a chocolate peanut butter cookie. I forgot about the vegans one’s I made from Dreena Burton. The peanut butter is “swirled” into the chocolate cookie batter. πŸ˜‰

Fallon recently posted..Chunky Monkey Granola

18 Christy March 19, 2011 at 9:48 am

Here is a down and dirty peanut butter cookie recipe. Perfect for a quick fix with very little ingredients. πŸ™‚

1c peanut butter
3/4c sugar (i use a little less for a less sweet cookie)
1 egg
1/2tsp vanilla
1/2tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Of course, I like to add oats and chocolate chips for a crunchier cookie, but they make a great old fashioned pb cookie. Enjoy!

19 [SMASH] March 19, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I bet FL is just gorgeous; I’ve never been. And yum, those cookies sound amazing!

20 Roselyn March 19, 2011 at 12:55 pm

How do you get screen shots of your computer? Help this newbie blogger! πŸ™‚
Roselyn recently posted..My Friday Afternoon-Evening in Bullets

21 Meghann March 19, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I do a print screen and then edit it. πŸ™‚

22 annette March 19, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Your recipe you found looks good I’ll have to try it. Heres an easy PB cookie recipe for you.
1cup Peanutbutter
1cup sugar
1egg
Combine all ingredients, mix well place 1 inch doughballs on cookie sheets.press down with a fork.cook at 350 degreesfor 10 minutes or until golden.

23 MegaNerd March 19, 2011 at 10:11 pm

I used to go to lettuce lake park all the time when I was a kid! I even had a bday party there once!! haha
MegaNerd recently posted..Temporarily- Tampa