more ยป" />

Happy St.Patty’s-Birth-Match Day!

by Meghann on March 17, 2011

Lots to celebrate today!

First there’s St. Patty’s Day!

102_2718.JPG

Did anyone else used to get up at 6:30am to be ‘banded’ at the local Irish Pub? Just me? ๐Ÿ˜‰

And there’s my friend Katy’s Birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATY!!!

AND it’s MATCH DAY!

102_2895.JPG

Yep – Match Day!

Today is the day my brother will be ‘matched’ with his future residency program. Sometime today all of the 4th year students will gather in an auditorium and one by one they’ll walk across the stage and be presented with their match letter.

It’s a big deal where he attends Med School at UM. (My parents even drove down to Miami for the occasion!) My brother has been traveling the country the last few months interviewing with at least a dozen schools. Right now he could end up anywhere, so it’s a very exciting, nerve racking day!

Good luck to all of my other medical school friends out there! Today is the day you’ve worked so hard for – take it all in and enjoy the moment! ๐Ÿ™‚

I started off the day with a great 4 mile run around my neighborhood.

And let’s just pretend this is a green bowl I’m enjoying breakfast in this morning.

I own A LOT of bowls, but no green ones. Perhaps its time to add one to my collection. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The Mix:

• 1/2 cup Rice Krispie Puffs
  • 1/2 cup Cinnamon Cheerios
  • Vanilla Yogurt
  • Totally Nuts Granola
  • Peach
  • Pumpkin

Anyone have anything else to celebrate today?

1 Stacy @ Every Little Thing March 17, 2011 at 9:36 am

Just have to work but I’m thinking about getting my Girls on the Run team something fun for St. Patty’s Day!
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..Cheesy Veggie Lasagna

2 [SMASH] March 17, 2011 at 9:37 am

Best wishes to your brother! Happy St. Patty’s Day!
[SMASH] recently posted..SWOON And Then He Found Me

3 Amanda @ Martinis At Six March 17, 2011 at 9:39 am

My friend’s fiance will also find out his match today – a huge deal for them since it will determine where they’ll be moving after their wedding!
Amanda @ Martinis At Six recently posted..Lunchworthy- A Sunny Day for Spinach

4 Hope March 17, 2011 at 9:41 am

Happy St. Patty’s Day! Best of luck to your brother! That is so exciting!
Hope recently posted..Chicken Cacciatore in the Crockpotโ€ฆ

5 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 17, 2011 at 9:42 am

Just St Patty’s day for me! Oh, and I’m taking tomorrow off (because I figured if March doesn’t have a long weekend, I’ll just make one for myself) so I’m celebrating it being my last day of work for this week! Happy St Patty’s Meghann! ๐Ÿ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Hot Legs

6 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 17, 2011 at 9:46 am

Yes — today is the anniversary of my first date with Jason — 4 years ago. And we’ve been married for a little over 3. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck to your brother — what an exciting day!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

7 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 17, 2011 at 9:49 am

Your hair is sooo long in that first pic!! Happy St. Patty’s day!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Skreet Sitting

8 Jen @ keepitsimplefoods March 17, 2011 at 9:53 am

Wow, sounds like a big day for you! I’m celebrating that it’s a short work week so today is my Friday and it’s pay day! Oh yeah!!!!

9 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life March 17, 2011 at 9:54 am

The match process is so ridiculous. Let us know where he ends up!!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..What am I worth

10 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 17, 2011 at 9:56 am

Good luck to your bro!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..How And Why To Use Google Feedburner

11 Michelle March 17, 2011 at 9:56 am

I have a third interview for a job I really want. That’s a celebration!

12 mary March 17, 2011 at 9:56 am

Maybe your brother will end up at Duke! He could be a resident on the floor I work on someday ๐Ÿ™‚
mary recently posted..Holler!

13 Allison @ PickyEatingRD March 17, 2011 at 9:58 am

Its my birthday too yay!!! More St Patricks Day babies!! Oh and happy match day too!!!

14 rebecca lustig March 17, 2011 at 10:04 am

st patricks day was SUCH a production when i wasin college hahah.

15 Ali @ Ali Runs March 17, 2011 at 10:10 am

Aw that’s so exciting!!! Good luck to your brother! ๐Ÿ™‚ Hopefully he’ll be somewhere fun where you can visit.
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Half Marathon Goals

16 Sana March 17, 2011 at 10:12 am

Good luck to your brother! I am pre-med so this is something very in my future!
Sana recently posted..Super Stuff!

17 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food March 17, 2011 at 10:19 am

Good luck to your brother! He must be so excited to find out ๐Ÿ™‚

This is the first year in a while that I don’t have any plans to do anything for St. Patty’s. At least I won’t be hungover tomorrow! haha
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Workin and Eatin

18 Fit Chick Britt March 17, 2011 at 10:20 am

I made some green clover cookies for St. Patty’s, but other than that just the usual work and working out.

19 melissa (fitnessnyc) March 17, 2011 at 10:21 am

good luck to your brother!
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Blossom

20 Ashley March 17, 2011 at 10:23 am

It’s my veggiversary today. 5 years meat free ๐Ÿ˜€

21 Michelle March 17, 2011 at 10:34 am

Did you ever get up at the ass-crack of dawn to start partying at Po’ Boys?? Ahhh college…good times ๐Ÿ™‚
Michelle recently posted..ร‰irinn go Brรกch!

22 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me March 17, 2011 at 10:34 am

I’m going out for some drinks after work tonight, but other than that not doing much of anything. Hoping to get some green beer!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Living and Breathing Food

23 Emily March 17, 2011 at 10:35 am

I love that you called out match day! One of my bffs from Vermont is hoping for Georgetown. If he gets matched there he is moving here to be my roommate. Fingers are crossed like 12 million times!
Emily recently posted..Donโ€™t Mess with the Rest Cuz the Rest Donโ€™t Mess

24 Alaina March 17, 2011 at 10:36 am

I’m celebrating 24 hours until my birthday! And of course, St. Patrick’s Day. I’ll be wearing my green today. ๐Ÿ™‚
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

25 Kara March 17, 2011 at 10:41 am

I’m celebrating that my overachieving baby got not one, but TWO new teeth this week. By celebrating, I mean giving her Tylenol and praying that she’ll let me sleep tonight. ๐Ÿ™‚
Kara recently posted..Zombie Thursday

26 katie March 17, 2011 at 10:42 am

Good Luck to your brother! Cant wait to hear where he will be going!!

I never did the kegs and eggs thing for St. Patrick’s Day but a lot of my friends did!
katie recently posted.. Cup Kate

27 CindyD. March 17, 2011 at 10:44 am

One guess – Po’ Boys near campus??? If it makes you feel better, my 34 year-old husband is there today reliving his college days. For like, the 5th or 6th year in a row.

Here’s hoping your brother gets the program he wants!!

28 gabriella @ embracement March 17, 2011 at 10:51 am

so funny that you mention match day! my sister is a 3rd year and i live with her…our entire apartment is 4th years and i’m pretty sure they’ve been up since 4am just anxious. i’ve been warned to leave the building if i want any sleep tonight, but i’m pretty sure there’s no where to go in boston on st patty’s day if you want sleep ๐Ÿ˜‰ good luck to your brother!

29 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles March 17, 2011 at 10:53 am

Match Day is so, SO exciting for med students. I can’t wait to hear where your brother will end up! ๐Ÿ™‚
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Hello- 24!

30 Karla March 17, 2011 at 10:56 am

Happy Match-Day to your brother! My finace’s match day was 2 years ago…already!?!?! Best of luck to him during residency and his fiance living with residency! ๐Ÿ™‚

31 Gwen March 17, 2011 at 11:02 am

Good luck M&M Bro! Big day!
Gwen recently posted..St Pattyโ€™s 8k and Beyond!

32 Robin March 17, 2011 at 11:05 am

AHHHH Match Day. I work for UMDNJ-RWJ Medical School and today is one of the most exciting day for our students! Good Luck to your brother I hope he gets the match he wants!

33 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 17, 2011 at 11:47 am

Yah for Match day!! My friends find out today ๐Ÿ™‚

34 Kacy March 17, 2011 at 11:55 am

That’s exciting. Congrats to him for all his hard work!
Kacy recently posted..And I thought running was a workout

35 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 17, 2011 at 11:56 am

How exciting for your brother! Does he have a preference as to where he goes?
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..A Perfect Ten

36 Stace @swimincircles.com March 17, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Hope your bro gets a top pick. My cousin is waiting to learn her fate today as well and my family is waiting patiently to hear the news. Happy St. Pats Day to you too!

37 Natalia March 17, 2011 at 12:19 pm

How did I never know that your brother was at U of M?!?! I probably see him all the time around here! :O

38 Maryann (The Balanced Bean) March 17, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Congrats to your bro! I am celebrating the fact that both of my classes were canceled today (including an exam) and the beginning of march madness!!
Maryann (The Balanced Bean) recently posted..Calorie Torching Workout

39 Alexa @ Simple Eats March 17, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Happy St. Patty’s Day! I had no clue what match day was, but my boyfriend is in med school and he told me it’s a big day for them…guess I’m living under a rock.
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..New Love

40 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 17, 2011 at 1:31 pm

That is an exciting day! Good luck to your brother! Nothing much to celebrate other than the Husband is picking up Mexican food tonight! Yipee!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..quinoa madness

41 Kristin @ FoodFash March 17, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Sending good thoughts your brother’s way!!! So exciting!
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..So- So Fly

42 Jess@atasteofconfidence March 17, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Wow so many things today! Good luck to your brother:)
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Guest Post- Walking my Talk

43 carin March 17, 2011 at 3:09 pm

where did he match? i was super excited, got my #1 choice, university of wisconsin! what’s his specialty?

44 delia March 17, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Today’s definitely a big day! Match Day is indeed totally awesome. I hope your brother gets the match he wants. I did!

45 Clare @ Fitting It All In March 17, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I just bought myself a green bowl – target has adorable green polka dot ones for $2!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Iโ€™m Confused

46 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 17, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I celebrated my first day at my internship here in New Zealand! I am lucky enough to be student teaching in a primary school. Oh, and St. Paddy’s Day, of course! I was pretty surprised what a big deal it was here in New Zealand: except there was NO GREEN BEER!!! what is that? lol
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..Dominion Road School

47 Hilary March 17, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Interesting mix! Hmmm…not really celebrating anything much beside St. Paddy’s…but my aunt and uncle celebrate their anniversary today.
Hilary recently posted..Bonus Post- Luck oโ€™ the Irish

48 Katie @ cooklaughmove March 18, 2011 at 8:25 am

It is also match day for Calvin Seminary School, all the future Pastors get matched to a church where they will do a residency/internship type program for 3 years!