Cheese and Tempeh and Jam – Oh My!

by Meghann on March 16, 2011

Since I began reading blogs over three years ago, I’ve been introduced to A LOT of new foods and combos.

There’s Massaged Kale

dscn2321.jpg

Green Smoothies

and Chia Seed Pudding (I really need to make this again.)

But one of my favorites came from Kath and her genius creations of Tempeh, Cheese, and Jam Sandwiches.

Call me crazy, but I actually like the somewhat bland taste of tempeh. It’s best when cold and fresh out of the package. Maybe it’s the chew? If you pair that chew with the sweet jam, salty cheese, and add in some toasted bread for crunch – you have my ideal sandwich.

I enjoyed that beautiful sandwich today with a side of carrots and hummus

And pretzels with mustard (RIP bag of pretzels – you will be missed)

A trio of good eats for lunch. πŸ™‚

Whoa – is it really almost 3:00? Where did this day go?!?!

What Matters Most

FBbutton_contest_Meghann.gif

Attune Foods is holding a Facebook contest from now until May 16th where one lucky winner will walk away with a year’s supple of Attune Food products! Head over to their Facebook Welcome page for details.

*Bonus* I’m judging the contest and I do accept bribes. Kidding. Maybe. πŸ˜‰

Full disclosure: I’m judging the contest as part of my Attune Brand Ambassadorship and will receive a small payment from Attune in return for my help.

In the spirit of the contest I’ll leave you with this question – What does matter most to you? πŸ™‚

1 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food March 16, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I’ve never had tempeh! But everything must taste good with some cheese & jelly πŸ™‚

I need to try that massaged Kale too! Looks like a great lunch I can take to the office.

2 Stacy @ Every Little Thing March 16, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Lots of things matter to me, almost too many to name! Mostly love, health, education, and helping those in need.

Thanks again for the chat today! I had fun.
Stacy @ Every Little Thing recently posted..Cheesy Veggie Lasagna

3 Meghann March 17, 2011 at 10:25 am

Yay! Glad you were able to join us πŸ™‚

4 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 16, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I love tempeh but have yet to try it in a sandwich- not sure why, especially since I always eat it raw in salads. I feel like jam would taste awesome with it, though!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Skreet Sitting

5 Freya March 16, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Yes yes! I once did tempeh, jam and goat’s cheese and it was the BOMB! Fresh tempeh is soo good πŸ™‚
Hmm…my mum & my horse matter most to me πŸ™‚

6 Hannah (Running In Freedom) March 16, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Cheese and Jam is so good!
Hannah (Running In Freedom) recently posted..The victory in destruction

7 Ashley March 16, 2011 at 2:54 pm

What matters most to me? At the moment? Coffee.
I kid I kid. I guess that would be my family they matter most to me.
Love the food, I’ve only had tempeh cooked, I might have to try it cold.

8 Heather @ Side of Sneakers March 16, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Definitely a unique lunch πŸ˜‰ I like plain tempeh as is but not any of the pre- flavored kinds.
Heather @ Side of Sneakers recently posted..Mocha Cherry Latte

9 Megan @ Loving the little things March 16, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I never have, but still think I need to try tempeh!!

And , hello super woman!
Today on my blog, I blogged all my eats, and that’s no easy feat! I had no idea how time consuming it is. Def have a whole new respect for what you do!!!

10 Meghann March 17, 2011 at 10:28 am

It’s a lot harder than people think it is to blog the day’s eats. πŸ™‚

11 Gavi @ Gavi Gets Going! March 16, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I’ve never tried tempeh, but it looks really delicious on your sandwich. I love strange flavor combos, too! My family, boyfriend, and health matter most to me. Enjoy your Wednesday!

12 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles March 16, 2011 at 2:58 pm

My family, health & faith in God matter the most to me! And…ice cream & wine. πŸ™‚

13 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 16, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I’m with you on liking the bland taste of tempeh!! I’m the same way for tofu too… like you said, call me crazy!

What matters to me…. I think happiness. Being happy myself, and others around me being happy. Food also matters… a lot. πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Hot Legs

14 Nikki March 16, 2011 at 3:00 pm

What kind of pretzels are those? Because they look a-stinkin-mazing.
Nikki recently posted..Sloppy Josephines

15 Meghann March 17, 2011 at 10:29 am

They’re the ‘large’ pretzels from Publix πŸ™‚

16 kristy @ kristyruns.com March 16, 2011 at 3:02 pm

My family and my health. Gotta have those! πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..A Vegan’s Dilemma

17 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 16, 2011 at 3:03 pm

What matters most to me? I’m going to be corny and say Jason! His happiness means the most to me!

I love the combo of cheese/jam — if only cheese would agree with my insides πŸ™
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

18 Meghann March 17, 2011 at 10:29 am

That’s not corny – that’s sweet πŸ™‚

19 Emily @ Savory and Savage March 16, 2011 at 3:04 pm

What matters most to me? Love, family and food.

The shots of the pretzels has me craving them now – and I don’t think I have had pretzels since college.
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Savory oatmeal and running step two

20 melissa (fitnessnyc) March 16, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Looks good. I absolutely love tempeh sauteed until black and crispyin a pan with garlic, onion and soy or teriaki sauce!
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Blossom

21 Krista March 16, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Family, my fiance, my health & my happiness!

22 jen @ taste life March 16, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Mmmm, I have learned to love so many foods that I’d never heard of before I started reading blogs.
jen @ taste life recently posted..An Evening Out

23 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 16, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I need to try that sammie!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Wordless Sort Of Wednesday

24 Hope March 16, 2011 at 3:36 pm

My family, health and happiness matter to me the most πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Chicken Cacciatore in the Crockpot…

25 Ali @ Ali Runs March 16, 2011 at 3:37 pm

My family & friends, running, chocolate pudding, and lazy summer days. πŸ™‚

26 Kath March 16, 2011 at 3:40 pm

It’s the chew!!!!!!!!!!

27 Emily March 16, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Health and happiness!!!

And I’m all about weird food combos. =) I love the looks I get when I have meetings during lunch.
Emily recently posted..Mac β€˜n Cheese β€˜n Peas

28 kristine March 16, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I LOVE salty/sweet combos! Yumm!

29 Michelle March 16, 2011 at 3:53 pm

What matters most? My husband, my health, my education.

30 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 16, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I love cheese and jam together- one of my favorite combos!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..A Perfect Ten

31 jenna@frombostonwithlove March 16, 2011 at 4:03 pm

a new combo i have to try!
my family matter to me most (and coffee) (and my dog)!

32 Alexa @ Simple Eats March 16, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I’ve never had tempeh…but I LOVEEE cheese and jam!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..New Love

33 Clare @ Fitting It All In March 16, 2011 at 4:39 pm

I love the taste of raw tempeh too! This sandwich is next on my list – what cheese do you recommend?
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..I’m Confused

34 Meghann March 17, 2011 at 10:30 am

I like swiss, but I’ve seen people try the combo with goat

35 Sana March 16, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Foood matters! I have never tried tempeh, but it’s on my listt!

36 Kacy March 16, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I still have yet to try tempeh. I want to but it scares me for some reason. I like tofu so surely I’d like tempeh?
Kacy recently posted..And I thought running was a workout

37 The Teenage Taste March 16, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Tempeh, cheese, and jam sounds like an odd combo, but something tells me that it’s out of this world. Weird food is always the most delicious!
The Teenage Taste recently posted..Chicken and Chickpea Chili

38 Christine @ Bookishly Boisterous March 16, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Top 5 important things: family/friends, health/fitness, employment, reading/learning, and Diet Coke. Yup, I cheated πŸ˜‰
Christine @ Bookishly Boisterous recently posted..I Dont Read Movies- Thanks

39 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 16, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I need to try tempeh!! πŸ™‚

40 Laura (Starloz) March 16, 2011 at 7:34 pm

i scared of tempeh. like wow. i’m not even sure where i could buy it.
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..I’m learning- finally

41 Alaina March 16, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Good friends, good family and a good laugh! πŸ˜›
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

42 Lauren March 16, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I Love raw tempeh too! I still haven’t tried the jam and cheese tempeh sandwich but I really want to. I bet it’s incredible!
Lauren recently posted..Movin On Up!

43 Valerie @ Cupcakes & the City March 16, 2011 at 10:18 pm

I still have never tried tempeh! Is there a brand you recommend?
Valerie @ Cupcakes & the City recently posted..Cowgirl’s Baking

44 Meghann March 17, 2011 at 10:31 am

Not particularly. I tend to buy what ever is cheaper at Whole Foods or Publix.

45 Hilary March 16, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Those are some crazy combos…thanks for sharing! What matters most to me is my faith and living it out in my life.
Hilary recently posted..March Break

46 Kiran March 17, 2011 at 12:05 am

Unique lunch with interesting flavor combos’, a must try. In fact, my foodie experiences so far has challenged my taste-buds, which is something I love about USA πŸ™‚
Kiran recently posted..Lessons from Social Fresh- Facebook

47 Whitney March 17, 2011 at 7:40 am

I think I need to get on this pretzel mustard train.
Hands down my family is the number one most important thing in my life and matters more than anything else.
Whitney recently posted..Keeping Up

48 megan @ blackberries for jam March 17, 2011 at 8:01 am

I have been on a major pretzels and mustard kick thanks to you!

Most important things: family and health!
megan @ blackberries for jam recently posted..Odd and Random Things