more ยป" />

Filming at Vixen Fitness

by Meghann on March 15, 2011

Check it out!

Screen shot 2011-03-15 at 9.18.57 PM.png

The latest episode of Meals & Miles is up at IzonOrlando.com!

I’m really happy with how the video came out. Dance Trance is high energy, crazy, and FUN – and all those qualities really stand out in the show. If this show doesn’t make you want to pop up and start dancing then I don’t know what will! ๐Ÿ™‚

From one show to to another…

Today I met the Izon crew at Vixen Fitness to film next week’s episode.

I’ve taken the Intro to Pole class once before (review here) and knew it would be the perfect hidden gem to showcase on the show.

Jan, Vixen’s owner, was amazing to work with. She set up a private class full of girls who were comfortable with being filmed while shaking their bootie. All the girls really embraced their inner sexiness and rocked it. We got some great footage (at least I hope we did!) and the show will go live next Tuesday at 3:00! ๐Ÿ™‚

The best part of the class was getting to see one of my favorites who is always willing to make a fool of herself in front of a camera any day of the week.

IMG_5188.jpg

Hi Katy!

She didn’t warn me we were doing the duck face! Otherwise I totally would have been game too!

The drive to Orlando was another easy one this afternoon. I arrived a couple of hours early and stopped at Whole Foods to take advantage of their free WiFi and fuel up with I-Forget-The-Name-Of smoothie.

It was a fruit based smoothie, but I think I will stick with dairy based in the future. Dairy blends seems to have a little more staying power for me.

By the time we wrapped up right before 7:00 my tummy was growling for more food. I wanted to hit the road back to Tampa ASAP, so I kept dinner easy and headed back to Whole Foods to take advantage of the Hot Bar.

I loaded my plate with a mix of spicy hot foods, greek salad, hummus, and pita.

with a Moroccan Mint Green Tea (probably my favorite Honest Tea)

IMG_5200.jpg

I lost my voice screaming singing to the Rent soundtrack on my way back to Tampa. The drive really flew by! Leaving from the west side of Orlando + no traffic = perfection!

Now, It’s time for bed. It’s been a long day and my puppy is calling my name.

Good Night!

1 April March 15, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Hey Meghann! I was thinking about maybe doing that yoga thing in Tampa. I just moved down to Lakeland from Michigan, so I’m always looking for new people to hang out with! Email me if you’re serious about meeting up!!!

2 Meghann March 17, 2011 at 9:41 am

Yes, serious! What’s your e-mail? You can e-mail me at mealsandmiles@gmail.com

3 April March 17, 2011 at 4:33 pm

sorry i thought it would show up…i’ll email you!

4 Dori March 15, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Crazy day!! You got so much great stuff done, very impressed. Your hair looks awesome. I want Whole Foods hot bar…
Dori recently posted..DSB Favorite Things &amp Photo Caption Contest

5 Ashley March 15, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I loved the episode and I can’t wait for the next one! You dinner looks so good. I need to go to a whole foods asap. I’ve never been and everyday the bog world reminds me what I’m missing.

6 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles March 15, 2011 at 10:13 pm

When I saw your tweet about the upcoming video and the potential/possible embarrassment factor, I immediately thought of pole dancing. What a fun thing to do though – and definitely unique!

7 Callie March 15, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Did I tell you that I’m going to see Rent next month in St Petersburg? ๐Ÿ™‚
Callie recently posted..Put Me In the Pool

8 Meghann March 17, 2011 at 9:43 am

LOVE Rent! I’ve seen it twice – once in NYC and once in Orlando

9 Ellie @ The Mommyist March 15, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I knew it!
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..Bad News- Good News

10 Ali @ Ali Runs March 15, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I’m sure the pole dancing class will be a great one to watch! I’ve never tried it, but some of my friends have and said it was an awesome workout.

11 RunningOnCoffee March 15, 2011 at 10:35 pm

I want to try that Moroccan Mint green tea!
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Weekend Activity

12 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 15, 2011 at 11:06 pm

I would love to try a class like Vixen Fitness or Pole Dancing — I have no rhythym and fear I would fail horribly, but it would be fun to try!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

13 Amy March 15, 2011 at 11:28 pm

I love that your smoothie matches your shirt! And congrats on another great episode! *Lurve*

14 Meghann March 17, 2011 at 9:44 am

HA! – I do try my best to coordinate my clothing with my food ๐Ÿ™‚

15 Kiran March 15, 2011 at 11:56 pm

I am finally making an effort for Dance Trance tomorrow. Wish me luck, and hopefully I won’t jinx it this time ๐Ÿ˜€

16 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 16, 2011 at 12:16 am

You did a great job on the video ๐Ÿ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..A Perfect Ten

17 Meghann March 17, 2011 at 9:44 am

Thanks Kate! ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Kim March 16, 2011 at 1:53 am

You did a wonderful job Meghann!!
Wish we had Dance Trance or something similar in Australia!
Looking forward to seeing the next video! ๐Ÿ˜€

19 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] March 16, 2011 at 4:30 am

Honest tea has Moroccan Mint? I just got back from Morocco and LOVED the tea – I wonder how similar it is?
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..Why France Talking with Lindsey

20 Jumanah (Healthy Living in the Middle East) March 16, 2011 at 5:50 am

I love the episode. Looks like your having so much fun! Cant wait to see the next one!

21 Grace March 16, 2011 at 7:21 am

You’re a busy girl! It looks like you had fun though, can’t wait to watch that episode!
Grace recently posted..Hi- my name is Graceโ€ฆ

22 amanda March 16, 2011 at 7:48 am

you’re such a star!

despite the craziness, what an awesome time. you are such a go-getter and it always amazes me how busy you are.

i think the best way to lose a voice is by singing the rent soundtrack loudly!
amanda recently posted..wordless update

23 Beth @ DiningAndDishing March 16, 2011 at 8:46 am

Whole Foods hot bar has really changed eating on the go! I just love their hot and salad bars for a quick, healthy meal. Might be a bit pricey but so worth the expense for something that leaves you feeling great – unlike a lot of other “fast food” options!
Beth @ DiningAndDishing recently posted..A Weeknight

24 Hope March 16, 2011 at 8:54 am

What a fun day filming! Your hair looks so pretty!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I LOVE Rent! I think I know every single word to every song from the show! It’s just such a great show.
Hope recently posted..Chicken Cacciatore in the Crockpotโ€ฆ

25 michelle March 16, 2011 at 9:42 am

I just checked out your video and it was awesome. Although, I do love the gym and the classes that my gym offers but this video made me want to try other avenues as well.
michelle recently posted..Getting My Spin On

26 Biz March 16, 2011 at 9:58 am

I can’t watch video at work – I’ll have to check it out at home tonight ๐Ÿ˜€
Biz recently posted..How to Make Perfect Rice and a Winner!

27 Kacy March 16, 2011 at 12:23 pm

I am incredibly jealous of your twice in one day Whole Foods action. We don’t have one here yet!!

28 LauraJayne March 16, 2011 at 12:34 pm

We have a brand new Whole Foods that just opened, and I’ve been wanting to eat every meal there! I love that place!
LauraJayne recently posted..Sugar Detox Re-Start

29 Cynthia Crowsen March 16, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I cannot wait to see this episode. After reading Katy’s post about how to enjoy the class I’m sure you had a blast and got a great workout.

Moroccan mint Honest Tea must have crack in it. I currently have 3 bottles I drank yesterday in my van and just finished my second today.
Cynthia Crowsen recently posted..The Kitchen is Open

30 Lauren @ Team Giles March 16, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Girlfriend, you’re rockin’ this!

You and Katy are so stinkin’ cute!
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..Iโ€™m wearing Calvin Klein