Easy Indian

by Meghann on March 15, 2011

I was feeling Indian for lunch today.

I’ve tried making my own Indian before and have failed each time (what am I doing wrong?!?!), so these pre-packaged meals are the perfect way to get my Indian fix without paying for take out.

I just popped it in the microwave and paired it with some Whole Wheat Naan (found at Publix).

Not quite the same as hot, fresh indian food, but a million times better than what I have produced in the past. πŸ™‚

I was expecting it to be spicy, so I paired the Indian with fresh fruit.

Unfortunately it wasn’t spicy at all. I think a little spice was what this meal was missing. πŸ™‚

I’m heading to Orlando this afternoon to film another episode of Meals & Miles.

While I’m out filming next week’s episode, be sure check out the premiere of this week’s episode today at 3:00 pm at http://www.izonorlando.com/2011/01/meals-and-miles/ (It’s just posting at 3:00 – you can watch it anytime you want after that!)

It’s a great episode for anyone who has wondered what the heck Dance Trance is all about. It will all be explained today – I promise! πŸ™‚

We’re filming somewhere very fun, but potentially embarrassing today.

Any guesses?

1 Amanda March 15, 2011 at 12:45 pm

I have a guess…could it be the place I suggested? If so, have SO much fun. If not, I can’t seem to think of anything else around Orlando – other than a crazy golf course or something (because I am AWFUL at golf and would be so embarrassed to shoot a video of me swinging a club). Can’t wait to see today’s episode!!
Amanda recently posted..A few of my favorite thingsand a giveaway! Whole Foods Edition

2 Maryann (The Balanced Bean) March 15, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Yum! Indian food is always tasty πŸ™‚

Good luck on today’s episode! I am totally interested in Dance Trance so I’ll be sure to check out this weeks episode!
Maryann (The Balanced Bean) recently posted..Laguna Beach

3 Shanna, Like Banana March 15, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Hmmm, airport?
Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..Things I’m loving…

4 Divya Vikram March 15, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I am regular reader of your blog! Was excited to see Indian food here. You can check out my easy Indian recipes in my website.

5 Sarah March 15, 2011 at 12:52 pm

The Tasty Bites Madras Lentils is good and this is coming from an Indian person.

6 Emily @ Savory and Savage March 15, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Indian food for lunch sounds delicious!

Hmm, you are filming somewhere that is potentially embarrassing – I will have to think on that one.
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Stuffed french toast

7 Hope March 15, 2011 at 12:57 pm

I’ve never had Indian food before. I’ve always thought that Naan looked really good. I’m curious to see if I like Indian food. It’s definitely on my list of must tries!

Have fun filming! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Chicken Cacciatore in the Crockpot…

8 michelle March 15, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Mmmm I absolutely love my mom’s Indian food. She cooks a killer chicken curry dish
michelle recently posted..Getting My Spin On

9 kristy @ kristyruns.com March 15, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I love nan bread! Mmmm! πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..A Vegan’s Dilemma

10 Little Bookworm March 15, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Looking forward to another episode of Meals and Miles ! πŸ˜€ Love the Indian food for lunch as well.
Little Bookworm recently posted..A Porridge Collection

11 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] March 15, 2011 at 1:18 pm

My roomate just made indian food for lunch from scratch! Yum!! I had a spoonful πŸ™‚
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..Why France Talking with Lindsey

12 Ashley March 15, 2011 at 1:19 pm

That pole dancing place? I’m excited about the new episode! I love Indian Food, I’ve never tried to make it though.

13 Madeline - Greens and Jeans March 15, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Keys to quick and easy Indian? Coconut milk and LOTS of curry powder.
Madeline – Greens and Jeans recently posted..the best days

14 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 15, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I’ll be interested to see where your filming location is!! πŸ™‚ Whole wheat naan is something I’ve yet to come across but iI think I’d be addicted if I found it.. I LOVE Indian food!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Hot Legs

15 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 15, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I know very little about Dance Trance — mostly what Fitnessista has posted, but thats it! Seems like fun though.
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

16 Ali March 15, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I have never had that exact one of Tasty Bites, but another kind of Indian dish by them and I didn’t think it was spicy enough either. Side note- you can buy them in bulk at Costco!
Ali recently posted..IT’S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

17 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat March 15, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Just stumbled across your blog and I love it, especially your pup! So cute!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Creamy Pumpkin Ricotta Oats

18 Marina March 15, 2011 at 2:11 pm

I love making indian at home, with naan!
Can’t wait too see those episodes of yours!
Marina recently posted..Food envy

19 Kiran March 15, 2011 at 2:14 pm

You and Derek are always welcome for homemade and spicy Indian food πŸ™‚
Kiran recently posted..A painful tribute

20 Melissa March 15, 2011 at 2:32 pm

haha, no guesses. But maybe the preview will give me some hints.
Melissa recently posted..Running is a Battlefield

21 Kristen @ Random Ramblings March 15, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I’m guessing belly dancing or pole dancing… have fun! Your videos are always so cute!!
Kristen @ Random Ramblings recently posted..Training Update

22 Brittney March 15, 2011 at 2:38 pm

My husband and I love the Tasty Bite Madras Lentils. They are sooooo good πŸ™‚
Brittney recently posted..Favorite Memories

23 Hollie March 15, 2011 at 2:50 pm

make this! http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/02/red-kidney-bean-curry/

the above link has become one of my staple recipes!! i use extra ginger, double all of the spices (at least! like a lot of flavor!) except the salt, and use canned tomatoes for ease. it is great! we serve over brown rice. it makes indian easy.

love your blog am a follower but have never posted- but just had to share this recipe. made it last night and said to my husband that it has to be the best recipe i’ve just stumbled across. πŸ™‚

24 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 15, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I heart Indian! Have fun filming πŸ™‚

25 christine March 15, 2011 at 2:58 pm

If your next epsidode isn’t about trapezing, it should be! I went a week ago for the first time and it was extremely fun… and hard! Man it works you out, though.
christine recently posted..Book Club

26 linz March 15, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Can’t wait to see today’s video! Dance Trance just found its way to Dallas last month, I’m excited to see what its all about.
linz recently posted..Hoarders- Handbag edition

27 Clare @ Fitting It All In March 15, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Have you tried Chana Masala? It’s easy and fast – hard to mess up!
And thanks for reminding me I have Naan in the freezer! I’ll eat that withit instead of rice:)

28 Karolina March 15, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Hmmm…I’m not sure about the looks of that Indian food. I like indian food, although I’ve only tried it a few times. I’d love to make it in my home though instead of having to pay for it!
Karolina recently posted..I am only one- but I am still one

29 Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy March 15, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I’ve never tried a frozen indian meal before..

I can’t wait to see your next video!
Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy recently posted..Quick Breakfast Idea

30 Stephanie @ LiveCookLove March 15, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I’ve always wanted to try Indian but have always been nervous!! Maybe I can start with something simple like Chana Masala.

31 Ali @ Ali Runs March 15, 2011 at 4:42 pm

I love Indian food and definitely wish I could recreate some of my favorite dishes at home. I can’t wait to watch your new episode, good luck filming! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Half Marathon Goals

32 Jamie @ getalivingsense March 15, 2011 at 4:50 pm

I have actually made vegetarian korma before, and it turned out great! Here is the recipe, I highly recommend it! πŸ™‚
Jamie @ getalivingsense recently posted..Thank Goodness for the Freezer

33 Lisa (bakebikeblog) March 15, 2011 at 4:56 pm

YUMMO!!! I love Indian food!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..The ABCs of BBB

34 Grace March 15, 2011 at 5:00 pm

I’ve actually never had indian food…do you have any suggestions for good places in Orlando? I feel like so many places look sketchy that I sometimes avoid ethnic food because of it=/
Grace recently posted..Hi- my name is Grace…

35 Biz March 15, 2011 at 5:20 pm

You still need to try my chicken tikka masala – its so easy it can be a weeknight dinner πŸ˜€

Have fun!
Biz recently posted..How to Make Perfect Rice and a Winner!

36 Ellie @ The Mommyist March 15, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Pole dancing class?
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..Bad News- Good News

37 Alexa @ Simple Eats March 15, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Naan is SO GOOD. I can’t wait to see the new episode!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..New Love

38 LauraJayne March 15, 2011 at 6:21 pm

That whole wheat naan looks delicious! I always like to add Sriracha to my Indian Food – I know it’s not authentic, but it adds the perfect amount of spice!
LauraJayne recently posted..Sugar Detox Re-Start

39 mary March 15, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Those strawberries look really good. I wish they were fully in season up here.
mary recently posted..Holler!

40 Meg in CT March 15, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Indian food! Mmm. I always make my own, and I never use a recipe. My advice is to toast your spices before you really get things going. Like, medium-hot pan, olive oil, onion &/or garlic, then spices and sautee for a couple minutes before you start adding anything else in. I usually start with a generic garam masala blend, and add in more cumin (I love it) and a little Madras curry powder if it needs more kick!

41 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) March 15, 2011 at 6:27 pm

That’s a bummer that your curries haven’t turned out that well because I’ve definitely made a handful of curries that have turned out fabulous and haven’t been that hard.
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Black-Eyed Peas &amp Mushroom Curry

42 Katherine Morgan March 15, 2011 at 7:13 pm

This is an awesome Kurma recipe. It’s not so authentic that it’s difficult to make, but enough to satisfy the craving.

I don’t keep up on the blog anymore, but here it is…
Katherine Morgan recently posted..Chili Beans

43 Kaitlyn Nelson March 15, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Awesome first episode! Dance Trance looks like a load of fun. I can’t wait until your next episodes!
Kaitlyn Nelson recently posted..fightingtobestrong-deafeningsilence-skinnytips-If you’re

44 Alyssa March 15, 2011 at 7:44 pm

oh my gosh, you have got to try Madras Lentils by Tasty Bite!!!! I have never even eaten out indian before… but Madras Lentils is SO good… it tastes like the best spicy chili ever… and so easy, just heat up in the microwave, short ingredient list– i think you’ll love it.

45 Laura (Starloz) March 15, 2011 at 7:59 pm

i love tasty bite, they are a great quick curry. try different ones, some are crazy spicy.

oh & i just watched your episode, loved it.
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..I’m learning- finally

46 Alaina March 15, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I love Indian food! I like buying the butter chicken mix and pairing it with some basmati rice and naan. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

47 Kacy March 15, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Vegetable korma is one of my fave Indian dishes. I’ll have to look for that!!
Kacy recently posted..And I thought running was a workout

48 Nina @ Nina's Nibbles March 15, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Just watched the latest video – Dance Trance looks like a lot of fun! I wish we had it here in CO! Great job hosting, too!
Nina @ Nina’s Nibbles recently posted..Confessions of an RD

49 Katie G. March 16, 2011 at 9:45 am

I love that Naan bread! They have it at Costco where I live and I always pick it up when I see it on sale! It’s so good! Too bad the meal was lacking spice. I’ll be sure to check out the Dance Trance video, I have no idea what it is!
Katie G. recently posted..Brought to you by the letter A

50 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 16, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I just got some Indian Spices! They remind me of My Mother’s travels to India! πŸ˜€

They also remind me of my childhood in Turkey! πŸ˜€

xoxo
Kathleen
Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner recently posted..Recap Of CLEP Test Some Goodies I’ve Received!