Run Maddie Run

by Meghann on March 14, 2011

Good Morning!

After staring at this cute little face behind a glass door yesterday I knew Maddie needed an extra special treat this morning.

Look at that face! Doesn’t your heart just melt?

I leashed Maddie up and took her on a quick 3 mile run around the neighborhood. She was in running heaven! Even when we had to stop to wait for lights she was ready to keep moving forward. We sprinted he last quarter mile and something tells me she could have sprinted the full 3 miles without a problem. πŸ™‚

Of course, now she is passed out on her doggie bed and refuses to move a muscle. But, I’m not saying that’s a bad thing. πŸ˜‰

Once we made it back to the condo, I made a quick bowl of cereal.

Derek’s parents made it out to the Strawberry Festival yesterday and were kind enough to bring us back 1/2 a flat of freshly picked strawberries. I froze half and have the remaining half to enjoy for the remainder of the week. Nothing like fresh strawberries that were picked mere miles from your front door. πŸ™‚

In the bowl

• 1/2 cup Cinnamon Cheerios
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • 1/4 cup Go Nuts Granola
  • Vanilla Yogurt
  • Strawberries

Such a fresh and delicious meal. πŸ™‚

Whose ready for Monday? Here goes nothing!

1 Maryann (The Balanced Bean) March 14, 2011 at 9:32 am

There’s nothing like fresh and juicy strawberries! They look delicious πŸ™‚
Maryann (The Balanced Bean) recently posted..Ballin!

2 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 14, 2011 at 9:32 am

I’m not quite ready for Monday yet, but am slowly easing into it! LOVE your bowl this morning! I’ve got a lot of odd bowls around the house but I get bored of them really fast so I’ve been on the hunt for some new ones!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Hot Legs

3 Mimi March 14, 2011 at 9:37 am

Lucky, lucky you with all those strawberries. Feel free to send some my way β€” We just got blanketed by more snow, so there won’t be strawberries for a while!
Mimi recently posted..Guess what this is

4 Fit Chick Britt March 14, 2011 at 9:42 am

I so wish I had a dog that would run with me. My dog is a lazy little fluffy dog.
Fresh picked strawberries are the best!

5 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 14, 2011 at 9:44 am

Fresh strawberries sounds delicious!

I bet Maddie looks adorable when she runs — her little legs must look so cute!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

6 kristy @ kristyruns.com March 14, 2011 at 9:46 am

Awww Maddie! I would love it if ny pup could run with me, but she has bum joints. πŸ™
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..A Vegan’s Dilemma

7 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life March 14, 2011 at 9:49 am

One of the things I envy most about the Florida lifestyle is the strawberries!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Weekend at Home!

8 Hope March 14, 2011 at 9:49 am

What a yummy breakfast! My breakfast was very similar this morning. I just tried Cinnamon Burst Cheerios for the first time today and they were amazing! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Chicken Cacciatore in the Crockpot…

9 Stacy @ Every Little Thing March 14, 2011 at 10:02 am

Hope you have a great week!

10 Alaina March 14, 2011 at 10:05 am

That breakfast looks so refreshing! πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

11 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun March 14, 2011 at 10:10 am

I bet seeing little Maddie running would be quite the sight! An adorable one of course. πŸ™‚
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Stretch It Out

12 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 14, 2011 at 10:30 am

l LOVE fresh strawberries! Going to pick some u today!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Week In Review- 3-7-11-3-13-11

13 Kara March 14, 2011 at 10:33 am

Man, I’d kill for some fresh strawberries! I wouldn’t have needed to freeze any though, I can easily eat a TON every day.

I love taking my dog running, it just makes it fun for both of us. Plus, the quiet sleeping for the rest of the day is nice too!
Kara recently posted..The day after

14 Jen @ keepitsimplefoods March 14, 2011 at 10:52 am

Love the strawberries! I picked some up at the store this weekend. So happy to see those colorful guys on the produce shelf!
Jen @ keepitsimplefoods recently posted..Chili Baked Nachos

15 Ali @ Ali Runs March 14, 2011 at 10:57 am

Aw it’s so great that Maddie can be a running buddy for you! Running with my dog is a challenge more than anything else because every single person that passes she wants to go say hi. It’s entertaining for sure though!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Half Marathon Goals

16 LauraJayne March 14, 2011 at 10:58 am

I am LOVING fresh strawberries right now! So jealous!

17 Ellie @ The Mommyist March 14, 2011 at 11:01 am

I try to buy all of my produce from local farms. Strawberries are one of the few exceptions (pineapple and avocados being the others). I’m a California girl and the strawberry season here in Oregon is way too short for me so I choose to enjoy California’s much longer season. It has begun and I couldn’t be happier.
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..Sewing

18 Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] March 14, 2011 at 11:11 am

I love strawberries! I’ve already found some really good ones in France this season πŸ™‚
Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] recently posted..Why France Talking with Tuula

19 Clare March 14, 2011 at 11:30 am

So jealous that Florida boasts fresh fruit!
Clare recently posted..Weekly Money Check-Up- 03-14-11

20 Ashley March 14, 2011 at 11:37 am

I’m so excited when strawberries come into season here. I love picking strawberries.

21 Amanda @ Eating Up March 14, 2011 at 11:42 am

Those strawberries look delicious!
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..The Breakfast Bracket of Champions

22 Emily March 14, 2011 at 11:46 am

during my long run this weekend i got schooled by a dog that looked like he was just walking. definitely not the confidence booster I needed towards the end of tough double digit training run!
Emily recently posted..St Patricks Day 8k Race Report

23 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 14, 2011 at 12:11 pm

mmmm I love fresh strawberries πŸ™‚ I just had some atop my waffles today too : http://www.enjoyyourhealthylife.com/2011/03/14/a-wanted-gift/ !!

24 Andreea @ Our Journey to USA March 14, 2011 at 12:33 pm

I m in a fresh fruits coma right know and all we have in the house are a couple of not so pretty apples. I will have to calm down myself and to remeber that spring it s around the corner and strawberries are something worth waiting for.

About your dog…Does he eat stuff from the ground? I noticed many do that but I guess your s was busy running out his eye s off πŸ™‚ !
Andreea @ Our Journey to USA recently posted..Her Post- Are You Moving Your Hairy Butt Enough Think Again

25 Kiran March 14, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Aww, cutie Maddie πŸ™‚
Kiran recently posted..A painful tribute

26 sarah (sarah learns) March 14, 2011 at 2:01 pm

i can’t wait for strawberry season in wisconsin! i always go and pick a couple flats to cut up and freeze to eat all year round! i think i need to get a third flat this year though….i ran out of strawberries back in december and i still had about 5 or 6 months before i could go pick again!
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..the creperie

27 Kacy March 14, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I read an article once about best dog breeds for runners and Jack Russells were supposed to be great long-distance dogs for slower runners. It made me want one even more! Just like me – they have little legs that want to just go and go πŸ˜‰ Glad you and Maddie got a great run in!
Kacy recently posted..And I thought running was a workout

28 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 14, 2011 at 10:33 pm

i love that you mix cereals! that’s so fun!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..What is American Food