Local Coffee/Tea Shop Work Place Take I

by Meghann on March 14, 2011

Hello from The Hooker Tea Company in South Tampa!

This beautiful tea shop was recommended by so many readers that I knew I had to check it out for myself.

As soon as I walked in this afternoon I was taken aback by how gorgeous, earthy, and serene the tea shop was. The beautiful blue walls, dark wooden furniture, extensive tea collection, great smell, etc – this place clearly had MEGHANN written all over it. πŸ™‚

I immediately ordered the Caramel Mate Tea – per the baristas recommendation – and sat back as I took in the wonderful caramel aroma that soon filled the air.

IMG_9341.jpg

A new favorite tea. It was rich, bold, and fit the atmosphere perfectly.

IMG_9345.jpg

Everything was looking good… until I sat down and realized the WiFi connection was locked.

No Bueno. πŸ™

I was so in love with this place too!

Luckily, the person sitting next to me filled me in with the password. WiFi Success! Oh yes, this place is a keeper! Two BIG thumbs up to Hooker Tea Company!! πŸ™‚

Before I left the condo this afternoon I had a delicious lunch of left over pizza and a salad.

Saturday night’s pizza from Anthony’s kept really well in the fridge. All I did was popped it in the oven for a few minutes at 420 and it came out with a crispy crust and bubbly cheese.

The salad contained spinach, arugula, tabouli, mushrooms, almonds, and a balsamic dressing.

I’m trying a new yoga studio this evening! I’ve researched about a dozen studios in the area and the one I picked seemed the most similar to Orlando Power Yoga (my first yoga love). Cross your fingers it’s a good fit! πŸ™‚

1 Dori March 14, 2011 at 1:45 pm

The pizza looks so good. Glad you found Hooker!
Dori recently posted..DSB Favorite Things &amp Photo Caption Contest

2 Callie March 14, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Yummm…that pizza looks just as good as I remember it being. πŸ™‚
Callie recently posted..Put Me In the Pool

3 Angela March 14, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Well wishes on the new yoga studio! Hope it suits you, it takes me so long to find the one I want when I move!

4 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 14, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Good luck at yoga! I hope you enjoy it. That coffee shop looks great – love the decor and the fun writing on the chalkboard!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Hot Legs

5 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food March 14, 2011 at 1:51 pm

That looks like a great place! Can I have a slice of that pizza? πŸ˜‰
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Olive Garlic Hummus

6 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 14, 2011 at 1:53 pm

That coffee shop looks really cute!

I always eat leftover pizza cold — it doesn’t taste the same heated back up!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

7 Stacy @ Every Little Thing March 14, 2011 at 1:58 pm

That pizza looks great!

I am not a huge hot tea drinker but if they could make it iced for me, I’d be there in a second! Well, if I was anywhere near Tampa πŸ™‚

8 Lauren @Hungry Dancer March 14, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Hooker looks awesome!! My pizza never reheats that well!!
Lauren @Hungry Dancer recently posted..No one Mourns the Wicked

9 Kelly March 14, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Good luck! It’s so hard to find a good yoga studio when you’ve gotten used to one already and love everything about it. πŸ™‚
Kelly recently posted..I dreamed my alarm

10 jen @ taste life March 14, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Oh my gosh I want that pizza. And that place looks awesome!
jen @ taste life recently posted..Sweet Potato Hummus

11 Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing March 14, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Glad you were able to figure out the internet and enjoy the cafe. I needed to get some files off my laptop with no internet connection this morning. Luckily, I figured out how to link up my laptop to my phone via Bluetooth and then could email the files to myself. I felt very tech savvy. πŸ˜‰
Carolyn @ Lovin’ Losing recently posted..Monday Funday

12 sarah (sarah learns) March 14, 2011 at 2:07 pm

looks like a great morning! πŸ™‚ that coffee/tea house looks perfect! i’m always on the hunt for new places to work. that one looks like a keeper!
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..the creperie

13 Little Bookworm March 14, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Sounds like a lovely tea shop! Good luck with the new yoga studio! πŸ™‚
Little Bookworm recently posted..A Porridge Collection

14 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 14, 2011 at 2:12 pm

mmmm love pizza πŸ™‚ Have fun at yoga- I went Saturday and am still feeling soooo good!!

15 Morgan @ Life After Bagels March 14, 2011 at 2:17 pm

soooooo I am the WORST at hitting up new spots and I’ve lived in the same city for like 7 years

16 Christine @ Bookishly Boisterous March 14, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I was just thinking that too- how many places do I now know about that are nearby? I guess I need to get on yelp more often!
Christine @ Bookishly Boisterous recently posted..Book Club

17 Erica March 14, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I get so much done when I work at a coffee shop…I need to get back into that routine once a week. And the pizza looks fantastic- melty & delicious! Hope the yoga goes well

18 Lauren @ Team Giles March 14, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I love the name, how fun! Looks like a cute place.

The WiFi would have been a deal breaker for me too. Glad it all worked out!
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..Spring Break Week!

19 Melissa March 14, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Lunch looks awesome, enjoy yoga!
Melissa recently posted..Running is a Battlefield

20 Hope March 14, 2011 at 2:45 pm

What a cute tea place! I wish I had a cute tea place like that near me. The only place we really have is Starbucks. Good luck at yoga tonight! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Chicken Cacciatore in the Crockpot…

21 erica March 14, 2011 at 2:49 pm

cute! i only discovered those nifty teapot/kettle things the other week! so cool! πŸ™‚

22 Ashley March 14, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Looks like a great spot. I giggled when I first read hooker. I’m such a five year old.

23 Rosey Rebecca March 14, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I love finding new coffee and tea shops with interesting choices!! Glad you found a winner!
Rosey Rebecca recently posted..One Potato- Two Potato- Three Potato- Four!

24 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 14, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Totally craving pizza now…
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Shedding A Tear

25 Karen @ Run Shop Travel March 14, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Cold pizza is the way to go; no reheating for this girl here! To each their own πŸ™‚

I am excited to read about your local Tampa finds; I have family in the area (Sarasota) and fly in and out of there a lot. I stayed a couple days a few years back to go to Busch Gardens and then fly home but didn’t find anything that great off the beaten path! I am sure I just didn’t know where to look!
Karen @ Run Shop Travel recently posted..Rest

26 Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East March 14, 2011 at 3:53 pm

That pizza looks so fresh. I would never have guessed it was reheated!
Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East recently posted..Happy Birthday Rain

27 Angie March 14, 2011 at 3:58 pm

That looks like a GREAT place to work – very Zen and peaceful!

Lunch looks delicious as usual; I really need to start packing in the vegetables like you do!
Angie recently posted..Running Side Effect – Bubble Butt

28 Kiran March 14, 2011 at 4:04 pm

So great to see you finally settling into your routine. Miss ya πŸ™‚
Kiran recently posted..A painful tribute

29 Karolina March 14, 2011 at 4:12 pm

The coffee shop looks AMAZING! I wish I lived closer so I could try it too:) Good luck with yoga tonight!
Karolina recently posted..I am only one- but I am still one

30 Alaina March 14, 2011 at 4:16 pm

That coffee shop looks great! Definitely a place I would like to frequent.

Hope the yoga is just as successful! πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

31 Allie March 14, 2011 at 4:22 pm

The coffee/tea shop sounds awesome! I have never seen tea brewed like that-COOL! I hope yoga goes great tonight πŸ™‚
Allie recently posted..An interesting run

32 Ali @ Ali Runs March 14, 2011 at 4:58 pm

The tea looks delicious! πŸ™‚ Good luck at the new yoga studio tonight! I hope it’s a good fit!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Half Marathon Goals

33 Lisa (bakebikeblog) March 14, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I love that tea contraption!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..The ABCs of BBB

34 Courtney March 14, 2011 at 6:15 pm

What a cute place! I wish they had tea shops like that in Chicago =( Have fun at yoga tonight!
Courtney recently posted..Updates

35 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 14, 2011 at 6:17 pm

I wish there was a tea place like that near me! I found one in Colorado and loved it πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..A Perfect Ten

36 Caroline Calcote March 14, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Oh yeah, we have a Hooker Tea Co. in St. Pete too, downtown. Love that place.

37 Stephanie @ Laugh and Cook March 14, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Cute coffee shop! I love small business coffee shops., they’re unique and inviting.
Stephanie @ Laugh and Cook recently posted..Back to the Habit

38 Brianna March 14, 2011 at 6:27 pm

The tea shop looks so cute and cozy! I prefer the little tea shops to Starbucks most of the time, except for Starbucks’ free wi-fi! Good thing you found the password πŸ™‚
Brianna recently posted..Back to reality

39 Angela March 14, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Glad you liked Hooker Tea Co! Its a great place to relax. And in case know one told you Greenwise does have Wifi :0)

40 Kacy March 14, 2011 at 7:44 pm

That tea shop sounds amazing! Good luck at the studio, I get really picky when it comes to my yoga so I hope you love it!!
Kacy recently posted..And I thought running was a workout

41 Kristy @ KristyRuns March 14, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I always go to the Hooker Tea Company in St. Petersburg when I come down from Atlanta to visit my family! So. Good. And they’re really vegan friendly, and they have the best oatmeal! πŸ™‚
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..A Vegan’s Dilemma

42 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 14, 2011 at 10:36 pm

there’s just something about reheated pizza! delicious!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..What is American Food

43 Jess March 14, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Is that place on Davis Island? There’s another tea placemon the corner of Platt & Howard… Unless that’s the one? Can’t keep the names straight. There’s a bunch of coffeeshops in Ybor and also Indigo Coffee in Hyde Park. The Starbucks on S Howard is quite the “hang out,” as well πŸ™‚