more ยป" />

Evolation Yoga

by Meghann on March 14, 2011

Last week I was introduced to YogaTampaBay.com, a GREAT resource for all things yoga related in the Tampa area.

The site is really informative, fun, and includes a searchable database of yoga studios in the area that you can filter depending on what criteria you’re looking for. I typed ‘Hot Flow’ in the search field and a handful of local studios popped up. I plan to test the handful in the next month, but today’s lucky test run landed me at Evolation Yoga near South Tampa.

The studio was gorgeous and in a great location. I was instantly impressed when I pulled up and was crossing my fingers this was an early winner… but it wasn’t.

Everyone at the studio was very nice and welcoming, but the class wasn’t what I was looking for. I’m in need of a studio with a power flow style practice and Evolation was loosely Bikram based and a little dull for my liking. It was relaxing and restful, but not the same heart pumping challenge I fell in love with at Orlando Power Yoga.

I gave the studio a shot and it wasn’t for me. Onto the next one on the list!

Oh, and for any locals out there, I just registered for the Rasa-Lila Fest on April 16th. It’s a big yoga love festival that looks like a lot of fun! Anyone else going? Maybe we can have a big meet up? ๐Ÿ™‚

Earlier I enjoyed my afternoon at The Hooker Tea Company, made a couple of new friends (Hi Friends!), and had a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabar before Yoga.

I made a quick detour in the Greenwise on my way home and found myself drooling over these whole wheat sunflower seed buns, which instantly inspired my choice of Sloppy Lentils for dinner this evening.

I bet you wouldn’t have been able to walk away from these buns either. Aren’t they beautiful?

The sloppy lentils was a classic recipe of mine. I started with onion, carrot, and lentils then doused them with hefty squirts of ketchup, bbq sauce, and mustard. It’s what I like to call the lazy girl’s version of sloppy lentils. ๐Ÿ™‚

On the side I roasted some broccoli and parsnips, which got their own heavy dose of ketchup.

I <3 Ketchup! ๐Ÿ™‚

For dessert I defrosted a Peppermint Bark Brownie Amanda had left me when she visited last month.

The peppermint flavor reminded me of Christmas. ๐Ÿ™‚

GOOD NEWS!

We bought a couch!

IMAG0552.jpg

Sad News ๐Ÿ™

The couch was out of stock and won’t be delivered until the 25th.

We debated going with a slightly cheaper couch that could be delivered this Thursday instead, but after sitting, comparing, and sitting some more, we concluded it was worth the wait on the couch we really wanted.

The 25th can not come soon enough!!

1 Dori March 14, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Jealous of your ability to save peppermint bark brownies. The couch looks so comfy!
Dori recently posted..DSB Favorite Things &amp Photo Caption Contest

2 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 14, 2011 at 9:46 pm

10 days will fly by! That couch looks comfy — do those throw pillows come with it too?

I’d totally buy those buns too — I love the seeds!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

3 Meghann March 14, 2011 at 9:51 pm

They do, but I’m not a big fan of them. I’m currently stocking Target, HomeGoods, and Overstock.com looking for their replacements. ๐Ÿ™‚

4 Holly March 16, 2011 at 12:03 pm

make sure you at least keep the inserts in the pillows- you can find cheap covers at places like potterybarn (hint, the covers are not that expensive, it’s the INSERTS with the covers that jack up the price). happy decorating!

5 Meghann March 16, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Thanks for the tip! And jus realized I said stocking instead of stalking. D’oh!

6 Alaina March 14, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Love the couch!! Looks very comfortable. ๐Ÿ™‚
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

7 erica March 14, 2011 at 9:50 pm

good choice! things like couches are absolutely worth the wait!!!
erica recently posted..sunday fun-day

8 Ashley March 14, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Congratulations on the couch. You look perfect on it! ๐Ÿ™‚
Ashley recently posted..Scenes from Grand Central

9 Sana March 14, 2011 at 9:51 pm

That couch will go soo well with the green walls!

10 Kristy @ KristyRuns March 14, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Too bad that yoga class didn’t work out. Hoping you find a great studio you love!
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..A Veganโ€™s Dilemma

11 River March 14, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Nice couch!

The only yoga I’ve ever done is on Wii Fit, and I liked it, I think I may need to try a class!
River recently posted..Raw Egg – Safe to eat

12 Nate March 14, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Tell Derek to start working on his spot on the couch where you can’t sit unless you are sick or dying. And tell him hi from me.
Nate recently posted..Put Me In the Pool

13 Amanda @ The Beauty Notebooks March 14, 2011 at 10:01 pm

I had a peanut butter chocolate chip Larabar this afternoon, too! So delicious, and a great, healthy snack!
Amanda @ The Beauty Notebooks recently posted..Looking for some Spring in my step

14 Cynthia March 14, 2011 at 10:02 pm

I just bought the dress you are wearing for my trip/wedding week to Cuba in a few weeks!! Love the couch as well ๐Ÿ™‚
Cynthia recently posted..Around the Bay- you are mine!!!

15 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 14, 2011 at 10:03 pm

ooooh new couches ๐Ÿ™‚ I love the brown–it is going to look fab with the green walls!! Sorry about the yoga class, major bummer ๐Ÿ™ But I am sure you’ll find one you love

16 Kristine March 14, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Good idea to wait for the couch you liked best– its something that your going to have for a long time. Regrets are no fun!

Mmm Larabar!
Kristine recently posted..Favourite Exercises- Glute-Hams Edition

17 Maryann (The Balanced Bean) March 14, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Congrats on the couch! and that sandwich looks yummy, esp the bun!
Maryann (The Balanced Bean) recently posted..Ballin!

18 Melissa March 14, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Love the couch. Good luck on your yoga studio quest.
Melissa recently posted..Running is a Battlefield

19 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 14, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Those rolls look to die for!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Shedding A Tear

20 Karolina March 14, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Oooh, the food looks delicious! Sorry the class wasn’t up to your standards. Back to looking now..

21 Alexa @ SimpleEats March 14, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Sloppy lentils is such a good idea! I have to try that!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..New Love

22 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 14, 2011 at 10:38 pm

goodness I LOVE the idea of sloppy lentils! genius!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..What is American Food

23 sarah (sarah learns) March 14, 2011 at 10:55 pm

the 25th isn’t too long to wait! only 11 days! ๐Ÿ™‚

and i couldn’t have passed up those rolls either…
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..the creperie

24 Ashley March 14, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Aw it’s only a few days then you’ll have that gorgeous couch! I love larabars, and I’m sorry about the yoga fail, you’ll find it!

25 Nat March 14, 2011 at 11:33 pm

LOVE THE COUCH!

26 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles March 14, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Love the “lazy girls’s version” of Snobby Joe’s! Nice choice on the couch – I bet you’re excited for it to be delivered!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Hello- 24!

27 Mimi March 15, 2011 at 12:00 am

“I bet you wouldnโ€™t have been able to walk away from these buns either. Arenโ€™t they beautiful?” โ€”ย That’s what my fiance says about me all the time. (;
Mimi recently posted..Guess what this is

28 Laura (Starloz) March 15, 2011 at 12:08 am

oh, i’ve just bought lentils. i might try your easy joe’s!
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Iโ€™m learning- finally

29 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! March 15, 2011 at 12:09 am

I love trying out new yoga classes and prefer power yoga as well! Your new coach is too cute!!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Healthy Steps Giveaway!

30 Nicole March 15, 2011 at 12:46 am

Those. Lentil. Burgers. Look… too insanely delicious for words! MUST re-create as soon as humanly possible, thank youuu!
Nicole recently posted..St Patricks Day 6K

31 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) March 15, 2011 at 6:05 am

Sloppy lentils are soooo good! I made MamaPea’s Sloppy Josephines: http://www.j3nn.net/2011/02/14/napoleon-and-josephine/ YUM!

32 Lee March 15, 2011 at 6:20 am

For Yoga, you should definitely buy this- It’s called the passport to prana and they have one in Tampa and for $30 you can use it once at any of the listed studios before January 31st. Best yoga deal ever. http://passporttoprana.com/city_info.php?cityid=30

33 Lauren March 15, 2011 at 6:40 am

Ahhh get out! I swear we bought the same couch!!! Its huge and brown and soooooo comfortable. ๐Ÿ™‚ Great pick!
Lauren recently posted..A New Way To Start The Week

34 Nate - Callie's husband March 15, 2011 at 6:42 am

Tell Derek to start working on his spot on the couch where you canโ€™t sit unless you are sick or dying. And tell him hi from me.

35 Kara March 15, 2011 at 7:40 am

That is a great couch! I’d wait for the right couch too ๐Ÿ™‚

I really thought you had misspelled the name of that yoga studio, but nope, that’s the actual name!
Kara recently posted..We have a Stage 5 Clinger on our hands here

36 Hope March 15, 2011 at 8:27 am

I’ve never had lentils before! The sandwich looks so good!

I love the couch! The best part about moving is definitely decorating.
Hope recently posted..Chicken Cacciatore in the Crockpotโ€ฆ

37 Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East March 15, 2011 at 8:44 am

The couch is gorgeous! Especially loving those pillows! Cant wait to see how it looks in your apartment!
Jumanah @ Healthy Living in the Middle East recently posted..Happy Birthday Rain

38 Nacho Lindsay March 15, 2011 at 8:57 am

I bet those lentils would be good as a base for vegan nachos.
Nacho Lindsay recently posted..Heroโ€™s Pub- Davenport- IA

39 Kacy March 15, 2011 at 9:15 am

Sorry the studio wasn’t a fit. Hope you find one soon! The joes look terrific!!

40 Jason @ Shutter & Saute March 15, 2011 at 9:16 am

That is one delicious looking bun… Almost looks like a bagel!
Jason @ Shutter & Saute recently posted..Orange Rosemary Pork Loin

41 laura March 15, 2011 at 9:20 am

Hi
try the lotus room ๐Ÿ™‚

42 Heather March 15, 2011 at 9:30 am

Random question for you. How does Derek feel about the meat free dinners? I do that to hubby now & then (his fave is sweet potato & black bean enchiladas) BUT he still complains about it (though eats half a pan if I let him.) Just curious. I try to go meat free once a week at home.

43 Meghann March 15, 2011 at 10:00 am

He doesn’t mind it, but he also never tells me that any of my meat free meals blow him away. Last night he complained the texture was off, but – like with you – he finished off any would be left overs we had. It’s give or take and I always tell him he’s more than welcome to cook what ever meat meal he feels like. ๐Ÿ™‚

44 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather March 15, 2011 at 10:54 am

That’s a very cool website! I love funding resources like that. Hope your next yoga class is more what you’re looking for.

45 Katie G. March 15, 2011 at 10:57 am

Sloppy lentils look delicious! Adding them to my “to make” list of vegetarian dinners!
Katie G. recently posted..Brought to you by the letter A

46 Kiran March 15, 2011 at 11:47 am

I love that couch ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice choice. Can’t wait to see the transformation!
Kiran recently posted..A painful tribute

47 Grace March 15, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Get a passport to prana. I have one and it’s awesome. Be sure to check out Yogani on Platt St in South Tampa. It’s really popular so there are usually a lot of people there at peak times, but it’s fairly large and they have a ton of class offerings, workshops and great teachers. The classes range from bikram style, to hot flow, to ashtanga, yin yoga etc… pretty much whatever you’re looking for.

48 Amy March 15, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Hey at least you gave the studio a shot! Good luck on your next one!
Amy recently posted..Gym equipment envyโ€ฆ

49 Katie March 16, 2011 at 9:43 pm

You should rename them “sloppy Lenny” (lenny = lentils) haha.