more ยป" />

Double Date

by Meghann on March 13, 2011

*Beep* *Beep*

Alarm goes off at 6:45am

Screen shot 2011-03-13 at 9.41.04 AM.png

Clearly I needed that extra hour of sleep. My tweets didn’t even make sense yet.

I rolled over and slept that extra hour. Much better. :)

Last night Derek and I had our first Tampa double date with this lovely couple.

Meet Callie and Nate – quite possibly the cutest couple ever. They’re expecting their first child this summer and we spent the majority of the evening discussing their FSU themed nursery.

Obviously Derek and I are big fans of that theme.

dscn1016.jpg

(photo circa Fall 2006)

Go Noles!

It was a friendship made in college football team heaven. :)

Anyways, we met them for pizza and wings at Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza.

Funny Story: On Friday night Derek and I were driving around Tampa when I spotted out of the corner of my eye an Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza. I immediately started freaking out (that place is a new obsession of mine) and speed dialed my Dad to let him know I found one nearby. Derek smiled and goes “isn’t your Dad going to find it odd that you’re calling him out of the blue to let him know you drove by a pizza place?” Ummm… no. We always call each other about restaurants we drive by. Doesn’t everyone? :)

To drink I had a Sam Adams Seasonal Brew.

IMG_5147.jpg

Yummy. :)

And the table started with Anthony’s famous wings as an appetizer.

Before the wings arrived at the table I was really talking them up. They’re oven roasted wings that are then topped with sauteed onions. They are super moist and super flavorful. I’m not a fan of traditional fried and sauce coated wings, but these babies win me over every time.

Callie and I split the small Broccoli Rabe & Sausage Pizza

And the boys split a large meat heavy pizza with dollops of ricotta (love the ricotta dollops!)

After pizza we walked next door to World of Beer

Where I enjoyed a Lost Coast Downtown Brown Ale and Nate showed off his list of over 250 beers he has tried at World of Beer since November of 09.

IMG_5159.jpg

World of Beer has a club you can join where they track which beers you try. For every new beer you try you earn a point and after so many points you earn prizes. Nate’s over 250 pts means he has tried over 250 different kinds of beers at World of Beer. Impressive! I’m not inspired to join the club too. ;)

We didn’t stay out long. By 10:00 we were all exhausted and I was probably in bed before 11. I know – Party. Animals.

This morning I ignored the time change and ran 4 miles after the sun rose.

Yay to staying lighter out at night. Boo to being dark later in the morning. :(

It was chilly this morning and I wanted something warm, so I gave Chocolate Covered Katie’s Baked Oatmeal a try.

I followed her recipe to the T, only making the suggested additions of nut butter, pecans, and raisins.

And finished it off with vanilla yogurt and fresh blueberries.

Nom. Nom. Nom.

Time to wake Derek up. We have a painting party to get started! :)

1 Amanda @ Eating Up March 13, 2011 at 10:16 am

My brother did something like that–he took two years and drank an incredible amount of beer at some local pub.

2 Karolina March 13, 2011 at 10:20 am

I love the Sam Adams Seasonal Brews-I guess it’s time for me to go and get some new ones:) have fun with the painting party!

3 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 13, 2011 at 10:20 am

The time change really threw me for a loop!

4 Freya March 13, 2011 at 10:21 am

Awh that’s adorable re you and your dad! My mum are like that :) it’s nice to be that close to someone :)

5 Kristy @ KristyRuns March 13, 2011 at 10:25 am

Nate’s list of beers is hilarious! That’s a lot of beer! :)

6 michelle March 13, 2011 at 10:28 am

I am happy with the time change :)
Have fun painting. Can’t wait to see how it turns out

7 PoweredbyPeanutButter March 13, 2011 at 10:31 am

I made the baked oatmeal this morning as well. Delicious.

8 Mimi March 13, 2011 at 10:31 am

Sounds like you guys had a blast! I love double dates like that!

I just wish that my area had more fun restaurants to try out… Send me some pizza?

9 Ash Bear March 13, 2011 at 10:33 am

Aren’t blogger double dates so much fun? Last night we enjoyed one with Melissa and Frank! Good luck painting today!!

10 Jennifer March 13, 2011 at 10:35 am

Just wanted to share that I found your blog via Twitter. I am already enjoying reading it and added you to my Google reader :-) I took up running just over a year ago and am currently training for my first half-marathon so your blog is a great fit for my interests.

Also love the meals and learning some new ideas for eating more healthy. I’m inspired to try some new things! Thank you. Keep up the great work. BTW I’m Jen423 on Twitter.

11 Allison @ OneWhiteTulip March 13, 2011 at 10:35 am

I REALLY hate daylight savings time! Hate hate hate.

Haha, I was very impressed that you’d managed to get up and go on a double date already, but then I was so confused by the pizza and wings for breakfast. My brain isn’t doing so hot this morning yet.

Good luck painting!

12 Evan Thomas March 13, 2011 at 10:38 am

Haha, I can relate with your relationship with your dad. My mom and I have been known to email each other about crazy food things, like when I ask her if she remembers the chicken we ate at Christmas 3 years ago or she sends me a photo of her eating a deep fried snickers with her friends.

13 Sana March 13, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Bahahah! My parents just say I can eat better food at home and hangup. #theydontunderstandme

14 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 13, 2011 at 10:53 am

I call my parents and sisters about the strangest things too — places we see, people we see, commercials/tv shows on, etc. I think everyone has something like that with their family — it just seems odd since it is different from your own! That place/food looks incredible!

15 Ashley March 13, 2011 at 11:04 am

oohh painting. I can’t wait to see what color you guys picked. Your breakfast looks fantastic! Me and my dad call each other over tv shows and movies, which is kind of the same thing I think.

16 Stacy @ Every Little Thing March 13, 2011 at 11:09 am

A love beer clubs like that! One near us gives you a North Face with their logo embroidered on it, and then after a LOT of beers, you can get a free travel card!

17 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 13, 2011 at 11:17 am

I need to try this whole baked oatmeal thing!!! 250 beers is pretty impressive. It sounds like you guys had a really fun night. Good luck with the painting! :)

18 Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com March 13, 2011 at 11:44 am

What a fun night out!…And now I really wish there was an Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza near me!

19 Christine March 13, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I love the idea of doing a non-cutesy nursery!

20 Meg March 13, 2011 at 12:34 pm

WOW that’s a lot of beer :)

I call my Dad about restaurants too! No worries ;)

21 mary March 13, 2011 at 12:36 pm

There’s a pub like that where I am it’s called flying saucer. if you try all of their beers you get a plate with your name on the wall and you can decorate it and everything. pretty neat!

22 Semisweet Courtney March 13, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Sounds like a fun night!

23 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 13, 2011 at 12:47 pm

World of Beer?! I’m jealous.

24 Runner Couple - Sara March 13, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Good luck painting this afternoon! I can’t wait to see the outcome! It sounds like you all had a blast last night! I know we just moved to a new area recently – you are lucky to have already found couples to do things with. We are still working on finding good friends up here!

25 Alexa @ SimpleEats March 13, 2011 at 1:44 pm

The time change made my morning HARD. That bakes oatmeal looks so good!

26 chocolate-covered katie March 13, 2011 at 2:23 pm

aww Meghann, your post just made my Sunday. I can’t even tell you how much! And your photos are so pretty, especially the first one with the sunlight streaming in. (Side note: I’m with you; spring forward makes me all sorts of confused!)
Love,
Katie

27 Hilary March 13, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Whoa those wings and pizza look AMAZING! And totally hear ya on the time change…losing that hour KILLED me! I had friends over later than I normally would anyway so it was SUPER-late when they left! :(

28 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 13, 2011 at 3:29 pm

what a fun night out followed by an inspiring morning!

29 Alaina March 13, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I totally call my parents when I find a new place! It’s exciting. :-)

That pizza looks delicious! Except I would have mine with peppers instead of rabe.

30 dee March 13, 2011 at 3:50 pm

ooh! an anthony’s coal fired pizza recently opened up here in ny. i need to go and check it out now after seeing this post!

31 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 13, 2011 at 3:55 pm

That pizza looks super fantastic!!!

32 Kaz March 13, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Hey, I’m from the town where the Downtown Brown is made! Hah. :D Funny to see it all the way on the other coast.

Did you like it? We’re pretty snobby about our brews out here. ;)

33 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 13, 2011 at 7:26 pm

I’m glad you had fun on your date! :D

I love Katie’s recipes!!! They’re so yummy! :D

xoxox
Kathleen

34 Ali @ Ali Runs March 13, 2011 at 8:14 pm

It is so great to find a fun couple to hang out with. :) Glad you had a good time!

35 Brittney March 14, 2011 at 10:42 am

We have a place like World of Beer called Flying Saucer in Charlotte where the track the beers you’ve tried. Love it!