Saturday French Toast

by Meghann on March 12, 2011

Good Morning!

I <3 weekends!

Lazy Saturday mornings are the perfect excuse to make pancakes, waffles, or FRENCH TOAST (all of my personal faves) for breakfast. πŸ™‚

This morning I got up, did the Physique 57 DVD, and spent the entire DVD envisioning a new recipe for my Saturday French Toast. Usually, the longer I envision a recipe in my mind, the more creative that vision gets.

By the end of the DVD I decided to try a PB Flour, Egg, Almond Milk, Flax Seed, and Vanilla Extract bath for my french toast. I mixed the batch, dipped the whole wheat bread, and fried it up on the stove top.

The results were slightly sweet, nutty, and hearty. I think next time I would add just a touch more PB to give even more of that sweet nutty taste. πŸ™‚

Fresh berries, vanilla yogurt, and a sprinkle of Kashi Go Lean Crisp finished the plate.

I did something crazy last night….

Screen shot 2011-03-12 at 9.05.10 AM.png

*gulp*

Screen shot 2011-03-12 at 9.28.06 AM.png

1 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) March 12, 2011 at 9:32 am

WOW you’re going to do an IRONMAN?! That’s so AMAZING!! You’ll totally rock it!!! πŸ˜€

And I’ve never had French Toast before…this has to be rectified…and soon! πŸ˜›

2 Meghann March 12, 2011 at 9:34 am

It’s a HALF ironman. There’s a big difference. πŸ™‚

3 Rae March 12, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Something tells me you’ll do the big dance soon though πŸ™‚ Way to go!! Make sure you get a comfy bike saddle…you’ll need it!! πŸ˜›
Rae recently posted..Thou shalt not

4 Alexa @ SimpleEats March 12, 2011 at 9:33 am

1. That french toast sounds amazing!
2. Congrats on signing up for such a challenging race, I’m sure it will be amazing!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..The Kitchen Sink

5 michelle March 12, 2011 at 9:35 am

Congrats on signing up!!! You are going to rock it. I can’t wait to hear about your training
michelle recently posted..This is what a year of letters looks like

6 Kara March 12, 2011 at 9:36 am

You are going do a half ironman? That’s awesome!!!
Kara recently posted..My dog thinks baby bathwater is tasty

7 Kristy @ KristyRuns March 12, 2011 at 9:39 am

NICE! I’ll have to come down from Atlanta to cheer you on! πŸ™‚
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..A Vegan’s Dilemma

8 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 12, 2011 at 9:44 am

You are crazy- but in a good way πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Food Rut- Be Gone!

9 Fit Chick Britt March 12, 2011 at 9:46 am

I was craving pancakes this morning! Typical for Saturday. How exciting about the (half) Ironman. I think I might do my first this year in November!!
Fit Chick Britt recently posted..Friday Favorites- My Favorite Running Shoes

10 Ali @ Ali Runs March 12, 2011 at 10:02 am

Good luck with the Half Ironman!! I can’t wait to follow your training!

11 Allison @ PickyEatingRD March 12, 2011 at 10:11 am

Yay!!! Good luck training! Excited to read all about it!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..When Picky Met Picky

12 Krystina (Organically Me) March 12, 2011 at 10:15 am

You inspire me to get back into running. I haven’t been on a run in MONTHS so I’m sure my endurance is shot. Do you have any tips?

13 Ashley March 12, 2011 at 10:17 am

That’s so exciting! You’re gonna rock the half. Your breakfast looks great too! I love being able to cook pancakes and french toast on the weekend.

14 Alaina March 12, 2011 at 10:18 am

That is so awesome!! Good luck!!

And your breakfast looks like the perfect start to a Saturday. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

15 kalli March 12, 2011 at 10:34 am

yikes an ironman! does this mean you will swim, bike, run? what a challenge! but you can do it πŸ™‚
kalli recently posted..A Success

16 kathleen March 12, 2011 at 10:41 am

congratulations on signing up for your half-ironman!
kathleen recently posted..Rain rain go away

17 Freya March 12, 2011 at 10:41 am

Wow, that race looks awesome! 56miles on a bike, then a 13.1mile run…my butt would die, and my legs would follow :p
Freya recently posted..So- you want to run a marathon

18 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 12, 2011 at 10:45 am

WOHA! A half-ironman?!!! That rocks. That is totally MY dream….so I can’t wait to hear details πŸ™‚

19 Matt March 12, 2011 at 10:47 am

CONGRATS ON THE 70.3! I am planning on doing Austin later this year!
Matt recently posted..Garlic Gold Salad Dressing Review

20 Richelle March 12, 2011 at 10:48 am

Congrats on the Ironman, I can’t wait to follow your adventure in training for it! The french toast sounds yummy.
Richelle recently posted..Zucchini Loaf Oatmeal

21 mary March 12, 2011 at 10:53 am

You’re going to he half of an ironwoman! πŸ™‚ Make sure you do lots of bricks during training. My BF did a half iron in sept. last year, he said his biggest regret was not doing enough brick work outs πŸ™‚ if you want to you can read his recap on my blog here πŸ™‚

goooood luck! I can’t wait to read about your training!
mary recently posted..The Pants

22 jen @ taste life March 12, 2011 at 10:53 am

Wahoo, congrats on registering!
jen @ taste life recently posted..Saturday Funk

23 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun March 12, 2011 at 10:54 am

When is the event? I don’t live far at all from Augusta. πŸ™‚
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Stretch It Out

24 Mimi March 12, 2011 at 11:01 am

I am the same way! I love dreaming up new creations while working out β€” My creative juices definitely get flowing!
Mimi recently posted..Guess what this is

25 ashley March 12, 2011 at 11:03 am

what is pb flour? is that like pb2?

26 melissa March 12, 2011 at 11:05 am

omg omg omg! You will kick ass. I’m sitting on my couch in shock.
melissa recently posted..Frugal Friday Finds

27 Courtney March 12, 2011 at 11:37 am

I totally wish I made myself French Toast this am! Congrats on signing up for the ironman! I’m doing a sprint Tri in DC this September!!!
Courtney recently posted..Hurry up batter- it’s gonna be a short game and I gotta get home for lunch…

28 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 12, 2011 at 12:17 pm

That is so exciting!!! You are crazy πŸ™‚
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

29 Dori March 12, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Mmmmmm love french toast. Pancakes, french toast, waffles are all my favorites too. You’re a crazy lady with that half Ironman!
Dori recently posted..DSB Favorite Things &amp Photo Caption Contest

30 Christine March 12, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I seem to spend most of my workout envisioning what I’m going to eat/make when I’m done. During long runs it’s always what topping I’ll put on my froyo.
Christine recently posted..Left Brain-Right Brain Harmony- It Can Be Done

31 Kelly March 12, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Woo!!! πŸ™‚
Kelly recently posted..2 Month Strength Training Review

32 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 12, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Ahhh! You are going to do amazing with the half ironman! I can’t wait to follow your training! πŸ˜€

33 Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free March 12, 2011 at 12:45 pm

OMGosh! Good luck girl! You’re awesome!
Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free recently posted..Home is where the cooking is

34 Fallon March 12, 2011 at 1:13 pm

OMG When is the August iron man?? I’m actually moving there April 4th and if I am able to I’d love to come root you on!
Fallon recently posted..Spinach and Artichoke Dip

35 Karolina March 12, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Your breakfast looks AMAZING!! Seriously delicious. I had the Kashi cereal for breakfast, and made oatmeal with cherries and blackberries for lunch. yummmmm. I love breakfast foods!
Karolina recently posted..I am only one- but I am still one

36 Hilary March 12, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Whoa….you are crazy! And that French toast looks yummy…I made some this morning too. πŸ™‚

37 Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete March 12, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I’m so excited for you!! Once you get done with a Half, you will want to do a full.

And I saw some of the comments from earlier too. There is a huge difference between a HIM and full IM by about 70 miles. haha. I don’t know how people can get them confused ???
Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete recently posted..Swimsuit Shopping

38 Dani March 12, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck girl cant wait to see your journey to this. I know you are going to be a rockstar and inspire a lot of people!!!!!!
Dani recently posted..THON

39 Biz March 12, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Wow! Congrats on signing up for that race – I know it will be a great addition to your 2011 race book! πŸ˜€
Biz recently posted..50 CSN Giveaway and Zucchini Lasagna

40 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 12, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Pancakes, Waffles, and French Toast are some of my favorites too! I love to top them all with PEANUT BUTTER! πŸ˜€

xoxo
Kathleen
Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner recently posted..Does Your Breakfast Make You Amazing

41 Amanda March 12, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Good for you!
I have been triathlon training for 3 months now for my 2nd Olympic distance1 It’s super fun. Are you training with a group? I find it really helps- especially with swimming!

42 Sarah K March 12, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I’m going to have to try that recipe next time I get home and have a kitchen. Congrats on signing up for the Ironman!
Sarah K recently posted..Sweaty Saturday

43 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 12, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Woah crazy lady!!! You’re going to be awesome!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..preemptive intuitive eating

44 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 12, 2011 at 8:54 pm

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! we’re all behind you, all the way πŸ™‚
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..What is American Food

45 Emily March 12, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Congratulations! Good for you, that’s scary but exciting at the same time! I have no doubts you’ll rock it!