Keeping Busy

by Meghann on March 12, 2011

Sadly there was no painting party today, but we did get a million and one other things crossed off of our to-do lists

• Open joint checking account (post pending)
  • Organize garage (post pending)
  • Purchase $9 dress from Old Navy
  • Take Maddie for a long walk and enjoy this awesome spring weather

Boy does that feel good!

Derek and I spent the majority of the morning running much needed errands outside of the house. By the time we made it home we were both starving and ready to be refueled.

I made a big salad with

• Spinnach
  • Arugula
  • Carrot
  • Black Olives
  • Mushrooms
  • Dried Apple
  • Hummus
  • Tabbouli

Clearly I’m obsessed with pretzels and mustard at the moment. Don’t worry – the bag is almost gone. πŸ˜‰

In the afternoon we tackled this mess

And I had an apple. πŸ™‚

Busy day!

We have fun plans tonight.

Don’t wait up!

1 Kara March 12, 2011 at 5:20 pm

A joint checking account! How grown up πŸ™‚

You got a ton done today!
Kara recently posted..So I guess Im really doing this

2 Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing March 12, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Oh man, the pretzels looks divine! A productive day indeed πŸ™‚
Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing recently posted..Vegan Split Pea Soup

3 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun March 12, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I love productive days like that! Have a good time whatever you are up to tonight!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Stretch It Out

4 Mimi March 12, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I’m looking forward to your upcoming post on the joint banking account… I’m tackling that beast this summer!
Mimi recently posted..Guess what this is

5 Karolina March 12, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Hmm, I feel like setting up banking always gets to be more complicated then it seems that it should be…excited to see your post on this experience.
Karolina recently posted..I am only one- but I am still one

6 mary March 12, 2011 at 5:33 pm

a joint bank account? what a scary yet exciting thing! πŸ™‚
mary recently posted..The Pants

7 Anna March 12, 2011 at 5:41 pm

I got a $9 dress from Old Navy today too! I contemplated getting one in every color/pattern but in the end went with the black and grey!

8 Lauren March 12, 2011 at 5:43 pm

I totally understand. All the house projects are EXHAUSTING! But so much fun at the same time. Glad its going well.
Lauren recently posted..Operation Move- The First Night

9 Carolyn @ lovinlosing March 12, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Can’t wait to hear about your night! I’m looking forward to a fun night, too!
Carolyn @ lovinlosing recently posted..Weigh-In Redux

10 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 12, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Joint checking account? That is a big step!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Garlic Gold Salad Dressing Review

11 michelle March 12, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I bought some pretzels yesterday after seeing all your food pics with them.
michelle recently posted..This is what a year of letters looks like

12 Alaina March 12, 2011 at 6:19 pm

$9 dress at Old Navy? I need to scour the deals!!
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

13 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 12, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I love feeling and knowing I tackled an amazzingly long to-do list!!! Congrats. And I am wanting those pretzels with mustard….. p.s. 9 buck dress?? sign me up!

14 Sarah @ The Strength of Faith March 12, 2011 at 7:05 pm

I’m impressed! My husband and I have been married for almost two years, lived together for almost two years before that and STILL don’t have our bank accounts combined! I know that’s terrible, but I was in school so my money was set for paying tuition and I haven’t fixed it yet. You’re my hero.
Sarah @ The Strength of Faith recently posted..Mistress Mary Quite Contrary- How Does Your Garden Grow

15 Stephanie @ Living and Loving March 12, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I bought pretzels today at the grocery store because every post you always make me want some drizzled with mustard πŸ™‚ Now the craving is going to be satisfied!!
Stephanie @ Living and Loving recently posted..The Big Announcement

16 Ashley March 12, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Lunch looks good! I really wanted to go to Old Navy today for the $9 dress deal but I didn’t make it. :/
Ashley recently posted..Challenge Fail

17 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 12, 2011 at 7:40 pm

The Husband and I opened a joing checking account before we were married too. It made the transition once we did get married so much easier!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..preemptive intuitive eating

18 Dori March 12, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I am looking forward to the joint checking post. You are a WIFEY.
Dori recently posted..DSB Favorite Things &amp Photo Caption Contest

19 Semisweet Courtney March 12, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Sounds like you had a fun, busy day! Have fun tonight! πŸ™‚
Semisweet Courtney recently posted..Updates

20 Ali @ Ali Runs March 12, 2011 at 8:25 pm

My sister and I went to get the Old Navy dresses too! Such a great deal for cute laid back dresses. πŸ™‚

21 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 12, 2011 at 8:56 pm

YUM that salad is calling my name!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..What is American Food

22 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 12, 2011 at 8:56 pm

I remember organizing the house once Jason and I got married and I moved in with him — it was quite the project! I’m sure the garage post will have some funny parts πŸ™‚
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

23 Marie March 12, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Meghann,

I adore you, think you are the cutest, etc. etc….

Don’t open a joint checking account with anyone you aren’t married to.

Suze Orman would be horrified.

24 Trish March 13, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Agreed. And not saying this will happen to you – but I lived with a guy for several years. I thought we’d end up getting married. But things went sour – very sour. He turned out to be a person I never imagined he could be. Needless to say, I left empty handed, and in debt because of his bad behavior. And not being married, I had no legal protection. So just a warning. You never know what can happen in life – hope for the best, but always prepare for the worse. I learned that no matter what, I always have to look out for me 100% first.

25 Meghann March 13, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Thanks for the heads up. We still have our own separate bank accounts, just opened a joint checking account for bills. I’m going to explain the thought process more in a separate post, but we’re each contributing XX amount per month and that will cover groceries, eating out, utilities etc.

26 Sarah March 12, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Interesting that you guys opened a joint checking account. I’ve always thought that I wouldn’t do that until I’m married but that’s just me. I’m not judging.

27 Chelsea March 12, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Wow! Your garage mess isn’t that bad…thats what my organization looks like! First time commenter, but been a reader for almost a year and half now….I still always want to hit G for Graduate Meghann, lol!
Chelsea recently posted..Historic Homes of Bozeman

28 Grace March 12, 2011 at 9:32 pm

I totally forgot about $9 tank dresses today:(
Grace recently posted..Sweet Home Alabama

29 Alexa @ SimpleEats March 12, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Pretzels and mustard is one of my favorite combos! I devoured some sourdough pretzels just hours ago. Glad to see you both are off to a great start with the move!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..The Kitchen Sink

30 Lindsey March 13, 2011 at 4:10 am

Hi Meghann!

I love your website! I am one who read sinsteads of comments or blogs. I Love yours and Dereks relaionship. I am engaged and am having such a hard time wth everything. I want to move from where I live (chicago suburbs) and start my life over in the Orlando area. Please email and give me some advice.!

31 Blanche March 13, 2011 at 5:41 am

Thank you for the reminder about the $9 dresses from Old Navy. I actually forgot about the sale until I saw your post. So happy that I’m several time zones behind you and there were a lot left.

I love your food posts. Whenever I see something you post I have to try it because it looks sooo good. πŸ˜‰ It’s been a while since I ate pretzels with mustard and I’m trying not to give in to temptation.

Smart choice on the joint checking account. When it’s time to pay the bills, it’s a lot easier to pay from this account and you’ll know when the bills get paid and when they don’t. My husband and I opened our joint account right after we moved in together (before we got married) and it was so much easier keeping track of our joint bills when we did this. Good job on the moving too.

32 Molly March 13, 2011 at 11:12 am

Meghann,

Marie is right – it’s NOT a good idea to mix your money before getting married and you are not, as some poster commented, a WIFEY until you get married. This is the voice of experience speaking here.

If you simply want one account to pay bills from that you both contribute to each month, that would work, but keep your own account with your own money separate.

Good luck with your new journey!

33 Meghann March 13, 2011 at 5:25 pm

That’s exactly what we did. We opened one account to pay bills from that we each contribute XX amount to each month. Out main bank accounts are still separated. πŸ™‚

34 Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy March 13, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Looking forward to the joint checking account post – we are getting married in May and have everything separate, and we’re the first of our peers to get hitched so we don’t really have anyone to ask advice from.

35 Aleyta March 13, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I think it’s AWESOME you opened up a joint checking account. My now husband and I did that when we moved in together. It makes sense, it’s not scary or weird…it’s wonderful and exciting and you are doing things together as a couple. ENJOY!!! How fun this time is!!! πŸ™‚
Aleyta recently posted..Date nights are healthy for the marriage

36 Aleyta March 13, 2011 at 2:59 pm

( not that you were asking my opinion or any of ours really, lol. I just think it’s exciting!!!)
Aleyta recently posted..Date nights are healthy for the marriage

37 Asya March 13, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Yup, we ended up buying pretzels too. They look so good. I took a nap today and woke up thinking about Raspberry Mustard on a pretzel. Not sure where I can find Raspberry Mustard, but I *must* find some!