Pad Thai

by Meghann on March 11, 2011

I’m not sure why, but I was totally craving Pad Thai this afternoon. There was something about the mix of peanuts and noodles that was calling my name.

After a quick search on Yelp I discovered a new-to-me Thai restaurant that had great ratings and decent prices (I <3 Yelp – seriously the most used app on my phone!) where I could make those Pad Thai fantasies come true.

I ordered the chicken pad thai and swooned the whole meal. I could have tried making my own pad thai at home, but it’s not the same as ordering it from a thai restaurant. πŸ™‚

I had little less than half and enjoyed every bite.

More to love tomorrow!

A new self serve frozen yogurt shop just opened down the street from the thai place and caught our attention on the way home.

I know, I know… if you’ve been to one self serve, you’ve been to them all, but this one was really close and had some fun toppings I’ve never seen before like Pop Tarts, Rice Krispie Treats, and Chocolate Gold Nuggets. πŸ™‚

IMG_5099.jpg IMG_5103.jpg IMG_5104.jpg

My mix was heavy on the PB FroYo and heavy on the candy toppers. I was in a chocolate mood this evening. πŸ˜‰

Earlier I snacked on some carrots and chocolate toffee peanut butter.

Oh, and EXCITING NEWS!

On the way home tonight we stopped at Lowes for painting supplies!

YIPPEE!!!!

IMG_5118.jpg

Just crossed one item off of my weekend to do list! Whoop! Whoop!

1 Karolina March 11, 2011 at 10:28 pm

YUM! Looks like a perfect evening of delicious foods:) I am just a tiny bit jealous.
Karolina recently posted..I am only one- but I am still one

2 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 11, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I looooooveeee Pad Thai! And frozen yogurt–so pretty much loved this post πŸ™‚ And did you decide on paint colors yet?!

3 Kristy @ KristyRuns March 11, 2011 at 10:29 pm

I love pad thai!

You just reminded me that we still need to paint our living room and trim. Ugh. Painting is the worst! …Have fun!!! πŸ˜‰
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..A Vegan’s Dilemma

4 Krissy - Shiawase Life March 11, 2011 at 10:37 pm

I heart pad thai too….mmmmm!!!!
Krissy – Shiawase Life recently posted..A lot bit Awesome!

5 Ali @ Ali Runs March 11, 2011 at 10:37 pm

I love Pad Thai!! Have fun crossing things off your to do list this weekend! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Ali’s ABCs

6 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 11, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I LOVE Pad Thai! Almost as much as drinken noodles πŸ˜‰
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..McRunner Follow Up

7 Hilary March 11, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Where do u get all your amazing sounding peanut butter flavors? They all sounds so yummy when you mention them in ur posts!

8 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 March 11, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Ooo, Yogurt Mountain? A couple of my friends have been talking about that place and now I’m gonna have to try it!!
breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 recently posted..Whoops!

9 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 11, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I can’t wait to see what paint you picked! How fun.

I love Pad Thai — I can make peanut noodles at home, but it just isn’t the same!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

10 Michelle March 11, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Mmm that dinner looks sooooo good
Michelle recently posted..This is what a year of letters looks like

11 Ashley March 11, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Haha yogurt mountain. I love the names of different self serve yogurt shops. The closest one to me is called the Fuzzy Peach.

12 Steve Swann March 11, 2011 at 11:02 pm

I have never had Thai food! Want to so bad! Good luck with the painting project.
Steve Swann recently posted..Slow motion at the lotion

13 Alexa @ SimpleEats March 11, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Thai + fro yo sounds like the perfect combo to me! Heavy handed on the toppings is always the way to go!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..The Kitchen Sink

14 Hannah (Running In Freedom) March 11, 2011 at 11:04 pm

I’m home in Tampa for Spring Break and I totally went to that Yogurt Mountain today! And I might be going tomorrow too. πŸ˜‰
Hannah (Running In Freedom) recently posted..Beautiful start

15 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles March 11, 2011 at 11:05 pm

I had Thai food today also! Tofu Panang Curry – it was great!
Excited for you to start painting!! πŸ™‚

16 Alaina March 11, 2011 at 11:19 pm

I can honestly say that I don’t think I’ve had pad thai before. And that’s crazy because I love anything peanut! πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

17 Christine March 11, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Sooooo many toppings!
Christine recently posted..Left Brain-Right Brain Harmony- It Can Be Done

18 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 11, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Thai food and frozen yogurt- YES!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Food Rut- Be Gone!

19 Jamie @ getalivingsense March 11, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Yummmm I LOVE pad thai! Definitely on my top 5 favorite meals list πŸ˜›
Jamie @ getalivingsense recently posted..Thank Goodness for the Freezer

20 Mama Pea March 12, 2011 at 12:13 am

We painted our bathroom green and it is REALLLY green. Be careful!!! πŸ™‚

21 Kara March 12, 2011 at 7:10 am

Pad Thai is one of those things that is hard to make at home and have it taste as good as a restaurant! The only better that getting pad thai at a restaurant is eating the leftovers the next day.

That yogurt place NEEDS to come to MD.
Kara recently posted..My dog thinks baby bathwater is tasty

22 Jenny @ Love Eat Run March 12, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Kara – I second your thoughts about Yogurt Mountain coming to MD. I even went as far as asking my Dad to open one!!! haha
Jenny @ Love Eat Run recently posted..Weekend Work

23 jassy March 12, 2011 at 7:55 am

pad thai certainly looks yummy. gotta try that but in another thai resto πŸ™‚
jassy recently posted..I still want it

24 Meg March 12, 2011 at 8:33 am

You can never go wrong with Pad Thai and froyo πŸ™‚

You and Derek are so good together, I love it!
Meg recently posted..Giving up the bean

25 jen @ taste life March 12, 2011 at 9:28 am

Pop tarts as a topping??? What a genius idea.
jen @ taste life recently posted..Saturday Funk

26 Hilary March 12, 2011 at 9:29 am

YUM! That fro yo looks good…I am so jealous…haven’t been to one of those places in a long time (none in my little small town πŸ™ ).
Hilary recently posted..Beer and Butter Tarts

27 Maryann (The Balanced Bean) March 12, 2011 at 11:36 am

Not all self serve froyo shops are the same! Look at all those toppings!
Maryann (The Balanced Bean) recently posted..Ive Got An Itch

28 Jenny @ Love Eat Run March 12, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Yogurt Mountain is my favoriteeeee yogurt place!!!! I can’t wait to get to Tampa next weekend and to have some!!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

29 Danielle March 12, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Meghann, question. Before you and Derek started living together, did you guys split paying for your meals like every other time or go halfsies? Just curious/seeking advice.

30 Derek March 12, 2011 at 5:32 pm

On behalf of Meghann, I’m answering. We don’t have an exact science behind it. We’d try and remember who paid last, but never officially kept track. Sometimes I’d pay, sometimes she’d pay, and sometimes we’d pay for ourselves. One example…I paid for dinner and she paid for fro-yo. It’s not 50-50, but it rarely is. Hope this helps!

31 Danielle March 13, 2011 at 10:39 am

Thanks, totally does help!

32 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 12, 2011 at 8:52 pm

you are so cute! pad tai gets to me the same way πŸ™‚
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..What is American Food

33 Grace March 12, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I am so jealous! I had froyo for the 1st time ever at Yogurt Mountain in Birmingham and still haven’t recovered! Every place I go I’m disappointed with their range of toppings compared to Yogurt Mountain! Maybe they’ll expand to Orlando? Fingers crossed!
Grace recently posted..Sweet Home Alabama

34 Kori March 14, 2011 at 10:41 pm

I love Pad Thai so much I can’t even stand it. I can never save any for later; I always eat the full plate in one sitting. PLUS I crave it so often – I try to limit myself to like once a month. Delicious.
Kori recently posted..Music Monday is taking a brief hiatus…