more ยป" />

Lookin’ Fly

by Meghann on March 11, 2011

What a BEAUTIFUL day to run!

Seriously! I just want to spend all day outside!

It was so pretty today that I thought it was worth the drive to a nearby trail for a scenic 8 miles.

IMG_5066.jpg

Man, that felt good. I just zoned out and enjoyed the run. LOVE mornings like these. ๐Ÿ™‚

I also took my Disney Princess Half Marathon shirt out for a test run.

It’s really rare that a race shirt will ever make it out of my closet (I don’t care if it is a tech tee, if the ‘small’ is big enough to fit Derek, then it ain’t happening), but when I get one that’s specifically a ‘women’s fit’ I’m instantly impressed.

The Princess Half shirt was a Champion brand female slim fit and I found it both comfortable and flattering during my run this morning. I know it’s vain, but the key to a great running shirt is one you feel you look rockin’ in. If you spend the whole run worrying about your shirt clinging to your gut or rising up an inch or two too high, then you’re never going to just let loose and enjoy your run. Lookin’ fly means you’re running fly too. ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_5071.jpg IMG_5072.jpg

After the run I came home and refueled with a big bowl of cereal.

Contents:

• 1/2 cup Shredded Wheat
  • 1/2 cup Cinnamon Cheerios
  • 1/2 cup Strawberry Uncle Sam’s Cereal
  • Vanilla Yogurt
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • Naturally Nutty Coconut Vanilla Peanut Butter (swoon!)

Three Cheers for Friday!

All week Derek and I have been making a list of all the things we hope to get done this weekend. Right now that ‘list’ is a page and a half long. Yikes! Is it weird I’m oddly excited about completing that list? ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Molly March 11, 2011 at 10:13 am

I’m so glad you said that about the shirt, because yesterday I wore a shirt I THOUGHT would be comfortable for my run, but it was too short, and I spent so much time pulling it down, or thinking about pulling it down…I was very distracted.

Wish it was warm enough in Chicago to run outside!!!
Molly recently posted..Amazing STL eats

2 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food March 11, 2011 at 10:14 am

The weather was perfect for running today!! So glad the rest of the weekend is going to be nice here in FL ๐Ÿ™‚
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Dinner at SAIA

3 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run March 11, 2011 at 10:15 am

Good luck on the list! Yikes. Long to do lists make me feel like I’m working over the weekend too. And then I’m totally not rested for Monday.
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..Itโ€™s a Giveaway- Yaโ€™ll!

4 Kaitlin March 11, 2011 at 10:15 am

Awesome!! We have snow out today so I would love a sunny 8 miles. Have a great Friday!
Kaitlin recently posted..Make-Ahead Meal 1- Indian Sweet Potato Hash

5 Emily @ Savory and Savage March 11, 2011 at 10:15 am

lol, no it is not weird to be excited:-) I hate house chores – but if I put the things on a list? The satisfaction of marking each one off motivates me to get it all done.
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Big waves

6 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 11, 2011 at 10:15 am

I love having a big list of things to do — and it feels so good to cross things off my list!

I have a few race shirts that fit so strange — the sleeves are so long and they just fit weird in the shoulders. Every once in a while I get a good one ๐Ÿ™‚
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

7 JennyV March 11, 2011 at 10:21 am

I saw a woman running down the street in her Princess 1/2 Shirt a week after the race and had to give her a shout-out! I love the Princess shirt and I agree that it’s nice to be able to wear them.

8 Krissy March 11, 2011 at 10:33 am

I don’t think that’s vain at all! Looking good and feeling confident go hand in hand =)
Krissy recently posted..A lot bit Awesome!

9 Krissy March 11, 2011 at 10:35 am

p.s.
Do you find it difficult to run in sunglasses? I had that issue when I lived in FL, but I really want to wear eye protection for sun/wind etc.

I think I have a weird shaped/sized head? LOL.
Krissy recently posted..A lot bit Awesome!

10 Meghann March 11, 2011 at 11:04 am

I usually hate running with sunglasses. It wasn’t until I was about 1/2 a mile down the trail that I realized I forgot to take them off when I got out of the car. Luckily there was a nice cool breeze this morning so they didn’t fog up as badly as I’ve experienced in the past.

11 Allison @ PickyEatingRD March 11, 2011 at 10:38 am

I am insanely jealous of your perfect weather run. I cannot wait until it is warm enough here to run outside.
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..When Picky Met Picky

12 Lizzy March 11, 2011 at 10:47 am

Love the shirt!
Lizzy recently posted..Chocolate Friday Confessions

13 Theresa @ActiveEggplant March 11, 2011 at 10:50 am

Couldn’t agree more! I will only wear shirts I feel confident and comfortable in (which are usually form-fitting tanks). My race shirts literally sit in my drawers unworn forever unless they’re women’s specific and actually fit!
Theresa @ActiveEggplant recently posted..The ABCโ€™s of Eggplant

14 Holly March 11, 2011 at 10:51 am

SO glad I’m not the only one that has issues with those ‘technical’ shirts! They drive me bananas! I even ordered an extra small & it was HUGE!
But I have heard a lot of good things about Champion running clothes, I’m going to have to look into ordering some online ๐Ÿ™‚
Thanks for giving us the heads up about that!! Happy Friday!
Holly recently posted..Potato Pancake Muffins

15 melissa (fitnessnyc) March 11, 2011 at 10:51 am

You look gorgeous!!!! Glad you’re finding some fun new places to run.

I like the tee, I have a couple race shirts that fit and I wear them over and over!

Breakfast look delicious.
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Lent the March New Years

16 Hope March 11, 2011 at 10:52 am

Good luck with the list! I’m sure you’ll get everything done! ๐Ÿ™‚
Hope recently posted..Rainy Sunday- Dentist &amp PF Changsโ€ฆ

17 Brooke @ The Bohemian Coconut March 11, 2011 at 10:55 am

Your breakfasts always look so good! I wish the sun was out in the North East today, all we have is rain.

18 LauraJayne March 11, 2011 at 11:00 am

Looks like a beautiful day for a run! I’m hoping we get at least somewhat close to that temperature tomorrow for my race!
LauraJayne recently posted..Oโ€™Falafel and Last Minute 10k Tips

19 RunningOnCoffee March 11, 2011 at 11:05 am

Cute shirt! I guess I’d expect the princess half marathon to have women’s shirts…it’s too bad more races don’t also have women’s sizing considering about half of the participants are women!!

I have one race shirt that is a nike drifit, women’s small, and I love it. My other races have given oversized cotton t-shirts, or a men’s small ๐Ÿ™ You’d think Philly’s ING rock n’ roll half was big enough to do women’s sizes, but you’d be wrong.

20 Alaina March 11, 2011 at 11:08 am

So jealous of your beautiful weather!

Where did you get your earplugs? Do they ever come out? I always have that problem with my iPod buds.
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

21 Meghann March 11, 2011 at 11:10 am

They’re from Target. I had problems with the iPod buds too, that’s why I upgraded and I love them. Big improvement!

22 KatieTX March 11, 2011 at 11:18 am

Shirts that ride up can ruin a run. Slightly loose running shirts that are still flattering are the best ๐Ÿ™‚ This weekend has a high of 74 both days with sunshine..I can’t wait to get out in it!

23 Jessi @ Quirky Cookery March 11, 2011 at 12:09 pm

You’re definitely lookin’ fly there!

I’ve wondered before why runners don’t wear their race tees more often and just assumed maybe it was because they kept them as keepsakes instead of wanting to ruin them running or something. I totally get it now, though. You’re right about the sizes being so off sometimes….who would be comfy running in something that just plain doesn’t fit?
Jessi @ Quirky Cookery recently posted..Fruit pizza pie with sugar cookie crust

24 Kiran March 11, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I get excited working on my to-do list, so nope, you aren’t alone in excitement ๐Ÿ™‚
Kiran recently posted..Routine

25 Ali @ Ali Runs March 11, 2011 at 12:36 pm

I love that shirt!! It is very rare for me to find a shirt from a race that I will actually wear as well. Great run today! ๐Ÿ™‚ I wish we had weather like that up north!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Aliโ€™s ABCs

26 Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free March 11, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Awesome morning run! Its actually really sunny and nice here in Wisconsin I might have to take my run outside too!
Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free recently posted..Girl Talk and Surprise Soup

27 Matt March 11, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Great run!

How are you adjusting to your new surroundings?
Matt recently posted..Crab and Avocado Pizza

28 Grace March 11, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I wore my shirt the other day, too! I really like it but can only wear it when it’s pretty cool outside apparently because if I wear anything with sleeves I sweat way more=/
Grace recently posted..Thinking Positive

29 Maggie March 11, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Oh my gosh! Your Disney Princess race t-shirt is so cute! I have never, EVER gotten a t-shirt made for a woman from any race I’ve run… :'(

30 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me March 11, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Those strawberries look divine. I so can’t wait for fresh produce!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Itโ€™s the Little Things

31 Ali March 11, 2011 at 1:24 pm

So envious! It is pouring here. I had speed work on the schedule anyhow, so that is fine to do on a treadmill. I love the women’s fit shirts! A lot of the races I have been doing are having them lately! I hope it catches on!
Ali recently posted..Re-Found Treasures!

32 Amy March 11, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Oh it looks so nice out there! Very jealous as it pouring buckets here in Boston! Glad you had wonderful run and that your tee is comfy!
Amy recently posted..Wah Wah Wahโ€ฆ

33 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 11, 2011 at 2:05 pm

I LOOOOVE completing to-do lists ๐Ÿ™‚ That check in the box is SO satisfying to me!!

34 Becca March 11, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Are you planning to post anything about what it’s like living with a boyfriend? I’m moving in with mine in September (!) and have never lived with a man before except for my dad! I’d be interested to hear your perspective (the good and the bad), what you talked about before you moved in, what you’ve had to compromise on, etc. Maybe it would be a better post after a month or so of living together but it would be great to hear!

35 Kacy March 11, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Comfort is definitely key. I have a few baggy race tech tees that I wear on days I need a little give in the tummy area. I like them ๐Ÿ™‚
Kacy recently posted..I Want Candy

36 Sarah March 11, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I tested my princess half shirt for the first time today as well! It really does fit great ๐Ÿ™‚
Sarah recently posted..Disney Princess Half Marathon WEEKEND- THE VIDEO

37 Hilary March 11, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Man I am jealous of that shirt….love it! I totally know what you mean though about the feel good/look good thing…I have too many workout clothes that aren’t super-flattering!
Hilary recently posted..Beer and Butter Tarts

38 sirenjess March 11, 2011 at 7:50 pm

What do you eat before you run?

39 katie March 11, 2011 at 8:31 pm

your too cute! Love the shirt too!

I have the same bowl but mine is pink! Target right?!

happy weekend love! : )
katie recently posted..Yell- ow Love

40 Meghann March 12, 2011 at 9:31 am

Yep! Target love!

41 Melissa March 11, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I wore my shirt form the Princess Half when I took a class at the gym earlier this week. I was definitely impressed with the fit! I was admiring myself in the mirror for the entire class. ๐Ÿ˜›

42 delia March 11, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Have you ever trimmed down the oversized shirts? A lot of the time the unisex tech shirts are too long for me, so I cut the length of the shirt to match the length of a better shirt. When the shirt is too wide, I turn it inside out, sew up the sides to match the width of a better fitting shirt, and trim quarter inch seams. It works great! I wish I had known how to do that at the very start of my love of running. I love my race shirts!

43 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 12, 2011 at 8:47 pm

someday I’m going to run the Princess marathon and get a tshirt just like that one!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..What is American Food