A Visitor

by Meghann on March 11, 2011

Maddie and i had a lunchtime visitor today.

IMG_9160.jpg

Hi Derek!

Derek’s office is just a stone’s throw (or, you know, a few miles) from the condo, so he has the flexibility to come home for lunch every once in a while. Let’s just call this another *bonus* of moving to Tampa. 🙂

When he phoned me earlier to let me know he was on his way home he asked if there was any sandwich meat left for sandwiches. Umm… sandwich meat? We don’t need no stinkin’ sandwich meat for sandwiches! I had other plans in mind. (plus, I used the last of it last night in the calzones, but we’ll just not mention that detail 😉 )

I pulled the hummus, tabbouli, swiss cheese, and spinach from the fridge and made a fantastic, refreshing sandwich using some whole wheat Publix bakery bread. Then left the ingredients out and told Derek to go at it. (I think he enjoyed it)

On the side I filled my plate out with pretzels and mustard (I know – I’m obsessed) and a mini pickle.

A wonderful lunch (and visitor) to complete my Friday. 🙂

My Run

For all you runners out there (who love documentaries as much as I do) I stumbled across a good one for you.

On March 31st the documentary ‘My Run’ will play for one night only at select theaters across the nation. ‘My Run’ documents the story of Terry Hitchcock, who set out to run 75 consecutive marathons in 75 consecutive days in honor of his late wife. I’m a sucker for any runner’s story and have already purchased my tickets for the 7:00pm showing.

To find a showing in your area you can check out the link HERE

1 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 11, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Aww sometimes it’s so nice to share lunch with someone you love…that’s not your office boyfriend.

2 Freya March 11, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Awh, you are so lucky you can share lunch with a bf 🙂 I wish I had one!!
That film sounds super, I doubt it’ll be shown here though…
Freya recently posted..So- you want to run a marathon

3 Annamarina March 11, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I love running movies, and can’t wait to see this one. They are always so motivating! Thanks for sharing the info about it!

4 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 11, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Sounds like a very interesting documentary! That’s great that you and Derek live close enough to get together for lunch. The sandwiches look delish!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Hot Legs

5 michelle March 11, 2011 at 1:40 pm

That’s so nice that he can come home for lunch sometimes. We just moved further away from the army post so my husband doesn’t come home anymore for lunch (saving gas money).
Lunch looks delicious and that movie looks like something I would love to see
michelle recently posted..This is what a year of letters looks like

6 Ali March 11, 2011 at 1:42 pm

YES! Thanks for informing me. I need to find someone to go with me. Just the inspiration I need right before a half marathon I feel a little under-prepared for!
Ali recently posted..Re-Found Treasures!

7 Gavi @ Gavi Gets Going! March 11, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I’m with you–pickles are a MANDATORY part of any meal! 🙂 I can’t wait to hear what you think of the film.

8 Dori March 11, 2011 at 1:48 pm

YOUR LUNCH. I am envious.
Dori recently posted..DSB Favorite Things &amp Photo Caption Contest

9 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 11, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I definitely want to check out that movie! I got goosebumps just watching the trailer! 😀

10 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 11, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I so wish Jason and I lived close enough to home to have lunch there — at our old jobs that worked out just fine, but not anymore.

I would to see that movie — looks like something I’d like!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

11 Hannah March 11, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I can’t imagine running 75 marathons in 75 days! One even seems crazy. Sounds like an excellent story! Thanks for the heads up, I’ll have to check it out sometime.

12 Hope March 11, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Aw! So cute to spend lunch with your bf! I wish I was able to have lunch with mine. We were too far from each other for that to happen. 🙁

Your lunch looks great by the way! 🙂
Hope recently posted..Rainy Sunday- Dentist &amp PF Changs…

13 Lesley March 11, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I just watched the trailer for that movie, it looks good, but I don’t really know if I get it. Why did his running 75 marathons make a difference and how did it relate to being a single parent? I’m confused. lol

Guess I should go buy my tickets, haha.

14 Kelsey March 11, 2011 at 2:01 pm

That movie looks like ill need to prepare myself for crying! I love meeting my husband for lnmch whenever I work from home..its a great way to split up the day.
Kelsey recently posted..Doing Stuff

15 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm

mmmm I love having lunch with my husband! Such a nice change 🙂 and pretzels with mustard look ahhhhhmazing!!!

16 Kiran March 11, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Yummy lunch and that pickle is so inviting *devilish grin*! The hubby used to pop in for lunches but not since the office moved a couple of miles away recently. Succumbed to lunch box 😀
Kiran recently posted..Routine

17 J March 11, 2011 at 2:18 pm

That sandwich sounds delish!!
J recently posted..Cameron- the conclusion

18 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run March 11, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Wow. Was Terry Hitchcock wanting to JOIN his wife? Because 75 marathons in 75 days doesn’t seem healthy at all.

Guess I’ll need to watch to find out!
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..It’s a Giveaway- Ya’ll!

19 Matt March 11, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I actually can’t remember the last time I had “lunch meat.” There are so many better sandwiches out there!

20 Nat March 11, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Thanks for the movie suggestion. Will be draggin’ the boy to that one fo’ sho. And will then probably make him promise to do the same in the event that I may part this Earth too soon.

21 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 11, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Yay, it’s playing near me! I will definitely be seeing that 🙂
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Food Rut- Be Gone!

22 Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com March 11, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I miss Publix!!!!!!
Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com recently posted..Project 52-9 Sittin’ in the mornin’ sun…

23 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather March 11, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Awww what a fun lunch! Pretzels and mustard sound like a salty tasty snack! Checking out the movie…

24 Semisweet Courtney March 11, 2011 at 3:16 pm

That sounds like a great movie!
Semisweet Courtney recently posted..Courtney’s Feelin’ Crafty – Workout Book

25 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me March 11, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Do you and Derek have conflicting tastes? If I ever pulled that out of the fridge, Mike would’ve looked at me and said, “are you serious?” But it’s totally something I would’ve ate!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..It’s the Little Things

26 megan @ blackberries for jam March 11, 2011 at 3:31 pm

I bet Derek is going to enjoy acclimating to your resourceful and creative cooking! I love your interesting combos! And now I’m really craving pretzels and mustard.
megan @ blackberries for jam recently posted..Convenience Baking- Microwave Mug Muffins

27 Clare @ Fitting It All In March 11, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Woohooo it’s playing in St. Louis! Thanks for letting us know!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..OOIASSBJ!

28 Kacy March 11, 2011 at 3:42 pm

How fun!
That story looks amazing, I hope they’re showing it here.
Kacy recently posted..I Want Candy

29 marie March 11, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Oh noez, your boyfriend wanted meat! Can’t actually let him have that. I’m sure he won’t be hungry 20 minutes later after that wonderful hummus “sandwich”.

30 Laurie March 11, 2011 at 4:19 pm

You come up with such great ideas for your meals! Can I ask what brand those pretzels are? Publix? They look darker/heartier looking than normal pretzels! 🙂 Have a great weekend!

31 Hilary March 11, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Your sandwich looks so creative! And thanks for sharing that Movie link..it looks good! Wonder if it’s playing anywhere in Canada?
Hilary recently posted..Beer and Butter Tarts

32 Alaina March 11, 2011 at 5:42 pm

My favorite combo with pretzels is peanut butter. 🙂

Looks like a great movie! Maybe I can catch it when I’m in Dallas.
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

33 Ali @ Ali Runs March 11, 2011 at 5:46 pm

What a great girlfriend you are 🙂 I’m sure Derek will love coming home to your creative cooking!

34 Ashley March 11, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Aw thats so sweet. I keep seeing the pretzal/mustard combo, and I know it’s common but I’ve never tried it.

35 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 11, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Yay for lunch dates! They are the best!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..preemptive intuitive eating

36 Karolina March 11, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Hmm, I’ve never thought of putting mustard on pretzels. My first semester of grad school I bought mustard flavored pretzels frequently, but for some reason stopped eating them after that point. But I think this would be a cheaper option, and just as good! YUM!!
Karolina recently posted..I am only one- but I am still one

37 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 12, 2011 at 2:09 am

Your pictures are gorgeous! 😀

xoxo
Kathleen
Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner recently posted..Does Your Breakfast Make You Amazing

38 Amy March 12, 2011 at 8:25 am

Such a great picture of Derek–what a cutie 🙂

39 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 12, 2011 at 8:49 pm

those pretzels with mustard just look delicious! I think I need to get my hands on some mustard…
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..What is American Food

40 Grace March 12, 2011 at 9:23 pm

That sounds like an awesome movie and possible tear jerker on my part.
Grace recently posted..Sweet Home Alabama