A New Cuddler

by Meghann on March 10, 2011

It’s raining. Boooo….

The plan was to meet at a local park for today’s Meals&Miles shoot, but the awful weather has forced us to postpone it for another time. Complete bummer.

Oh well.

I hope Maddie and Derek aren’t the jealous type because I spent the evening cuddling with someone new.

Sadie is the best cuddler. She curled up next to me last night and let me hug her like a teddy bear. I’m always scared I’m going to crush Maddie in the middle of the night because she’s so tiny, but I had no worries with crushing Sadie.

And now I want a big dog. πŸ™‚

Kelly made me tea this morning using her uber cool coffee/ tea maker.

IMG_9061.JPG IMG_9063.jpg IMG_9065.jpg IMG_9066.JPG

She also made me a giant bowl of pumpkin oatmeal.

I raided her pantry and topped it with a scoop of Almond Butter, Chocolate Granola, and Fresh Strawberries.

I’m chilling on Kelly’s bed at the moment (they’re just as couchless as Derek and I for the time being) then I’m packing up and heading pack to Tampa. Such is life. πŸ™‚

1 Jason @ Shutter&Saute March 10, 2011 at 10:16 am

I hope one day my german shepherd pup will want to snuggle, but as of now he just pushes me away and ends up clawing my face πŸ™‚
Jason @ Shutter&Saute recently posted..The Bone Marrow Experiment

2 Rebecca March 10, 2011 at 11:37 am

I’m in this same boat! My puppy just wants to bite my face off with his razor puppy teeth!

3 Ali @ Ali Runs March 10, 2011 at 10:19 am

Aww, my family has a big dog probably the same age as Sadie and she loves cuddling!! It’s the sweetest thing ever. You should definitely get another dog πŸ˜‰
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Ali’s ABCs

4 kristy @ kristyruns.com March 10, 2011 at 10:22 am

Sadie is adorable! It’s been raining in Atlanta too! I’m ready for the sun again! πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..No Pain- No Gain

5 Amanda @ Martinis At Six March 10, 2011 at 10:23 am

I really want one of those coffee makers – I wish they weren’t so pricey.

6 Ashley March 10, 2011 at 10:24 am

Aww Sadie is adorable, hope Maddie doesn’t see this. πŸ˜‰ Your breakfast looks really good!

7 Christina March 10, 2011 at 10:27 am

My dog, Sushi, cuddles with me at night also. It’s always fun until you want to spread out on the bed but you’re stuck between the hubs and the dog. Holy sore arm this morning! lol!

What a nice buddy to make you pumpkin oats! Looks good!
Christina recently posted..La isla bonita here I come!

8 Hannah (Running In Freedom) March 10, 2011 at 10:34 am

I’ve always had big dogs growing up, but I really want my own since I don’t have one at school. As much as I would love a big dog, I’m trying to find a small one since a big one would be like another roommate in my tiny apartment! πŸ˜‰
Hannah (Running In Freedom) recently posted..Integration

9 Hope March 10, 2011 at 10:35 am

Aww! Sadie is so cute!! I love your breakfast this morning! It looks so good! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Rainy Sunday- Dentist &amp PF Changs…

10 michelle March 10, 2011 at 10:39 am

My cocker spaniel is my favorite cuddle buddy (well, next to the husband). Although, my dog has no loyalty and will cuddle with anyone.
michelle recently posted..Old Married Couple

11 Dori March 10, 2011 at 10:55 am

Sadie is so sweet!!!! Love!
Dori recently posted..DSB Favorite Things &amp Photo Caption Contest

12 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food March 10, 2011 at 10:55 am

Sadie is adorable!! I have a big cuddly dog too πŸ™‚ It’s fun until my legs start falling asleep, hahaha.
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Giveaway! Terra Blues and More…

13 Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free March 10, 2011 at 10:58 am

I love the one cup teas!
Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free recently posted..Girl Talk and Surprise Soup

14 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 10, 2011 at 11:15 am

Awww Sadie is too cute! πŸ˜€

15 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 10, 2011 at 11:24 am

oh man, I am sorry to hear it is raining. Major boo! πŸ™ Have a safe drive–and for what it is worth, your b-fast looks marvelous!!

16 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 10, 2011 at 11:30 am

Sadie is so cute! I feel like it’s raining everywhere right now – here in Ontario, and every other blog I’ve read this morning! Safe travels!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..What I learned at Schwinn training

17 Jen @ keepitsimplefoods March 10, 2011 at 11:31 am

It’s raining here too. Booooo.
Jen @ keepitsimplefoods recently posted..Vegan Coconut Chili

18 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 10, 2011 at 11:53 am

Aw, I would love to cuddle with a puppy at night! I wouldn’t mind my sister making breakfast for me too πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Food Rut- Be Gone!

19 Renee March 10, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Aw what a sweet sissy to spoil you with yummy foods and drinks πŸ™‚

And I love my two big doggies.. theres no way my booty can smush them either!

I vote you to get a big doggie to be Maddie’s friend πŸ™‚

20 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 10, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Jason is allergic to dogs so we will never have one πŸ™ But I too want a big dog to cuddle with and to run with!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

21 Rachel March 10, 2011 at 12:52 pm

My beagle more or less passes out on top of me or beside me…and refuses to be woken up when I need to change positions.

Where are you searching for a couch from? The boyfriend and I are currently looking for a new couch. The same beagle notoriously ate part of mine. Fortunately it still serves it’s purpose and is very comfy. Unfortunately there are about a million other things we need to purchase for the home that take precedence over the couch.
Rachel recently posted..Learning to Live with a Boy

22 Biz March 10, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I have an 80 pound dog, so I dream of having a tiny dog like Maddie! πŸ˜€

Rain, rain, go away! At least your windchill is 20 degrees today like it is here – I had to wear my winter coat to walk outside this morning – WTF – it’s March!
Biz recently posted..You know that Tony is starting to feel a tiny bit better when

23 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 10, 2011 at 1:44 pm

My dog is the perfect size for cuddling. He is about 50 pounds, and can curl up in the right spot on the couch. <3 him.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..orange-date breakfast bake

24 Kacy March 10, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I’m torn between wanting a little dog and a big dog. I want a Jack Russell so badly, but I also want a boxer!
Kacy recently posted..I Want Candy

25 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 10, 2011 at 8:26 pm

pumpkin oatemal–why haven’t I tried this yet?! also I want one of those one-cup machines SOOOO bad because I’m the only one of my roommates who drinks coffee, and I only have one cup a day!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..6K Coastal Challenge!