Morning Inspiration

by Meghann on March 9, 2011

I was seriously dragging this morning.

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to run, I didn’t know if I wanted to try and ride my bike, and I’m still not quite sure what’s available in Tampa as far as fun active classes go.

However, when I logged onto the computer and saw my little brother’s tweet I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

Screen shot 2011-03-09 at 9.18.02 AM.png

Ben has really gotten into running and half ironman training lately and it’s really inspiring to see what he can do. I figured if he can run 6 miles this morning than so could I.

It was a beautiful morning to run too. The sun was shining brightly and there was a nice cool breeze to counteract the heat. I did a simple out and back and the miles flew by. My Garmin did get wanky halfway through (I’m pretty sure that 5:15 mile was too good to be true), but I was already heading back and wasn’t really worried about time.

I was a hot and sweaty beast when I returned and the only thing that sounded good was a nice cool smoothie to cool down with.

My smoothie contained

• Strawberries
  • Pineapple
  • Ice
  • PB2
  • Chia Seeds
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Milk
  • Chocolate Protein Powder
  • Topping: Kashi Go Lean Crisp

Smoothie perfection. πŸ™‚

What inspired your work out today?

1 Freya March 9, 2011 at 9:41 am

I was inspired to run 4miles because I COULD! I’ve been injured for about 8weeks, so being able to run was mind blowingly good!!
Freya recently posted..Huff Be Gone

2 Molly March 9, 2011 at 9:43 am

I love this post, and hearing about other people’s inspiration! Mine this morning, ironically, was the pouring rain. It made me feel like if I could trek through that to head to the gym, the workout was going to be awesome. πŸ™‚

3 Amanda March 9, 2011 at 9:46 am

What a wonderful post! πŸ™‚ Congrats on your run! This smoothie looks delicious!!
Amanda recently posted..Late Night Lasagna!

4 Ashley March 9, 2011 at 9:49 am

No workout for me today. I’m a studying beast for midterms. Maybe I can channel your energy next week when I start back. πŸ™‚

5 Dori March 9, 2011 at 9:54 am

Nice run! I’m doing Core Fusion Cardio later and I actually can’t wait. My stomach feels off and working out usually makes me forget about it.
Dori recently posted..DSB Favorite Things &amp Photo Caption Contest

6 Stephanie @ LiveCookLove March 9, 2011 at 9:55 am

I’m working out tonight, but my motivation is that the summer is coming up!!! :-/ Anytime I think about that, I’m pretty much in the gym πŸ™‚

7 kristy @ kristyruns.com March 9, 2011 at 9:56 am

I did a 6 miler this morning too! Love a great start to the day like that! πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..No Pain- No Gain

8 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 9, 2011 at 9:58 am

Well I haven’t worked out today πŸ™‚ But what WILL inspire me is reading blog posts like this! I haven’t ran in a week and I’m in week 4 of marathon training, so I need to get out there!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

9 Casey March 9, 2011 at 10:01 am

Enjoy Tampa! I miss it. πŸ™‚

10 Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous March 9, 2011 at 10:05 am

I’ve been trying to do AM workouts Tues/Wed/Thurs of every week since my gym has three different classes those days all starting at the same time. Then if I can squeeze in a couple more workouts on the other days of the week it will be perfect for me.

My fiance has also been waking up early with me to workout! We’re trying to inspire eachother and get healthier/more fit for our wedding in September πŸ™‚

11 Natalie March 9, 2011 at 10:13 am

My running partner! We had plans to meet at 5:45 AM to run…otherwise I think I would have stayed in bed this morning πŸ™‚

12 Christina March 9, 2011 at 10:15 am

One thing about working out is you’ll never regret it once you finish. Sometimes just getting out there is the hardest part! Great job on getting it done!
Christina recently posted..La isla bonita here I come!

13 allison @ thesundayflog March 9, 2011 at 10:17 am

my boyfriend is from tampa (lutz, to be exact) but we live in philly now. it always makes me so jealous to hear of the warm and beautiful weather in tampa!!!
allison @ thesundayflog recently posted..Comment on Giveaway- Attune Foods Coupons by Cellabella

14 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run March 9, 2011 at 10:23 am

I LOATHE morning workouts. BUT, this week, one week only, I am getting up every morning and doing 2 miles on my treadmill at home. (This is on top of my regular workouts.) Just a little extra something.

My inspiration: Losing the holiday weight I should have lost in January.
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..Las Vegas Rock n Roll Half Marathon

15 kathleen March 9, 2011 at 10:25 am

actually, i came here hoping to get inspired to do a tempo run today.
kathleen recently posted..Happy feet

16 sonia March 9, 2011 at 10:27 am

aww you always find that motivation! and it definatley helped me out this morning, now that you and derek are moved in together, does he feel any different baout being on the blog than before?

17 Derek March 9, 2011 at 12:02 pm

No different. Same ol’ me.

18 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 9, 2011 at 10:28 am

Yumm that looks delicious! That’s so great that Ben is getting into running – sounds like he’s got racing fever! Today, one of my roommates inspired my workout. I taught my usual Wednesday morning spin class, and because she usually has to leave for work early, she’s not able to make it. She came today though, so I was really excited and it pushed me to make it an even better class! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..What I learned at Schwinn training

19 Hope March 9, 2011 at 10:32 am

What a delicious looking smoothie! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Rainy Sunday- Dentist &amp PF Changs…

20 jen @ taste life March 9, 2011 at 10:34 am

I just worked out inside today, according to the strength training plan I’m doing. Good thing, because it’s pouring and cold here! If I lived in Florida, I might have gone outside πŸ™‚
jen @ taste life recently posted..On The Bandwagon

21 Ali @ Ali Runs March 9, 2011 at 10:36 am

It’s awesome when you can get motivation from your siblings! My sister has always been a constant source of inspiration. πŸ™‚ Love the smoothie combo, I’ll definitely have to try it.
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Ali’s ABCs

22 Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy March 9, 2011 at 10:36 am

The sun shining through my window this morning got me out of bed to work out. I was going to wait until after class to workout, but now it’s out of the way and I have the rest of the day to get other things done!
Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy recently posted..3 ingredient oatmeal pancake

23 Courtney March 9, 2011 at 10:44 am

That’s awesome your brother is getting into half ironman training. I wish I was still in Florida to enjoy the nice warm weather and get in some great training runs but alas i’m in the frigid tundra that I call upstate NY!
Courtney recently posted..Happy Fat Tuesday!

24 Mari March 9, 2011 at 10:47 am

Headed to the gym in a couple hours to try WillPower & Grace, a new class at my gym. I watch Biggest Loser and that always motivates me to get going on Wednesdays…they are so inspiring!

25 Alaina March 9, 2011 at 10:54 am

Right now nothing is inspiring because I’m trying to get over this head cold. I ran last night and it felt good! Slow, but good. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

26 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 9, 2011 at 10:56 am

I was supposed to get up and run this morning, BUT I literally could not keep my eyes open when I woke up so I went back to sleep (the week before spring break is always the worst with midterms, etc!). I’m going to do my run later this afternoon! What is motivating/inspiring me is the Chicago Marathon in October. It is my first marathon and I am currently coming back from an injury, which is forcing me to start from square one again with my mileage. It is frustrating, especially since I know I am capable of much more (I ran my first 1/2 in January and have had to drop out of 2 more due to this injury) but I WILL come back stronger and I WILL run 26.2 on 10-9-11! πŸ˜€

27 Anastasia March 9, 2011 at 10:58 am

Morning workouts are rough for sure. I love little bits of inspiration that help ya get moving! I’m seeing these smoothies bowls around a lot lately and can’t wait to try one.
Anastasia recently posted..Last Week and the Week Ahead

28 katie March 9, 2011 at 11:02 am

I am dragging today too!

I just pushed myself to do a 15 minute strength training workout at home, and I feel better!!!
katie recently posted..Yell- ow Love

29 linz March 9, 2011 at 11:05 am

A beautiful run outside sounds like a much better way to start your day than the early AM spin class I was at this morning. Very jealous of your fabulous weather!
linz recently posted..Viva Epcot!

30 Jeni @ stepping out March 9, 2011 at 11:05 am

Congrats on getting out there!
I haven’t worked out yet (but I will after work!) and my inspiration is buying a special treat (LUNA bar) for completing yet another week of training for my third half marathon.
Jeni @ stepping out recently posted..Just checking in

31 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me March 9, 2011 at 11:15 am

Unfortunately no workout inspiration here. But a workout buddy or friendly competition usually does the trick!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Much Mad Men and the ABC’s

32 Khushboo March 9, 2011 at 11:16 am

Visualising how great I’d feel while having breakfast and the rest of the day was enough for me to get my trainers on this morning πŸ™‚
Khushboo recently posted..Did somebody say cake

33 Anna @ Doing Good and Living Well March 9, 2011 at 11:18 am

My new kettlebell came in the mail today so I cannot wait to try out JM’s Shred it with Weights workout from OnDemand! (With a little cardio tacked on to the end if I can lift my arms after it’s all over!)
Anna @ Doing Good and Living Well recently posted..β€œthe one with the hair” aka the weirdest blog search ever!

34 Emily March 9, 2011 at 11:26 am

I was also in major drag mode this morning. Luckily I had a friend here from out of town waiting at her hotel for me to show up to run so I couldn’t push the snooze button too many times. Once I got out there it felt soooo good. Glad I didn’t turn into a total slug and skip it.
Emily recently posted..Half Marathon Race Report

35 kate March 9, 2011 at 11:38 am

I havent worked out yet, but Ill be inspired to get on my mat because I know how great I feel afterwards!

36 Beth @ DiningAndDishing March 9, 2011 at 11:42 am

We have a visitor in town right now so we’ve been doing LOTS of eating and drinking. That gets me to the gym, no problem :).
Beth @ DiningAndDishing recently posted..Let’s Pretend it’s the Weekend

37 Brittney March 9, 2011 at 11:50 am

My upcoming trip motivated me. I thought long and hard about staying in bed an extra hour… but the dog started barking, and I decided to get up and go for it. I feel wonderful now that it’s over πŸ™‚
Brittney recently posted..Operation Miami- Week 4

38 Matt March 9, 2011 at 12:09 pm

No “special” inspiration for me today. I just do what I do. LOL.
Matt recently posted..The Best Sweet Potato Fries

39 Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free March 9, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I always read blogs before going on a run if I feel like I’m not going to do it! Such great inspiration!
Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free recently posted..Girl Talk and Surprise Soup

40 Kara March 9, 2011 at 1:11 pm

My main inspiration for working out is that the baby is asleep…no time to think…quick to the treadmill! πŸ™‚

A 5:15 mile would be epic!
Kara recently posted..Crazy people dont know that theyre crazy- right

41 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 9, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I love Kashi Go Lean crisp too!! Yumm. COngrats on a good run πŸ™‚

42 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 9, 2011 at 2:33 pm

This post did πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..30 Day Shred- Day One

43 Kacy March 9, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I don’t know about “inspired” but I needed chocolate today and I ate it and now I’m all energetic and ready to go run and strength train! Who says candy isn’t good fuel?
Kacy recently posted..I Want Candy

44 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 9, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I love that! When you wake up and think you might be lazy, and then someone you love pushes you without them even knowing. Like my roommate who asks me every morning if I’ve gone for a run yet. She’s just curious about how my morning is going, but it’s really motivating for me! I have to be sure to say yes!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..6K Coastal Challenge!

45 Lynn March 9, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Breakfast looks delicious…but how is that considered a “smoothie”? It’s in a bowl and non-drinkable. πŸ™‚

46 Lauren March 9, 2011 at 6:00 pm

It’s always amazing how I can start a run feeling lazy & sluggish, then it can turn into the best and fastest run in a while.
Lauren recently posted..ABC- easy as 123

47 Emily March 9, 2011 at 6:06 pm

6.5 miles today… Just thinking about the feeling after being done I couldn’t wait to get out there.

48 Mac March 10, 2011 at 12:03 am

Knowing my workout partner is meeting me at the gym
Mac recently posted..TGIAF