Pick a Color. Any Color.

by Meghann on March 8, 2011

Eeny, Meny, Miny, Moe…

Let’s see which color should we choose?

Of course, I already have a favorite, but I’m interested to hear your thoughts.

I’m picking up the mini test containers of paint up tonight! And don’t worry – I have a Move & Mix post in the works with more detail on the paint picking process. This is just a sneak peak. πŸ˜‰

I’m also almost done with my closet post – I hope to have that one up tomorrow.

IMG_8997.jpg

Trust me – there’s organization in there! Scouts honor! πŸ˜‰

It was a pretty lunch day.

I decided to create that salad I had turned my back on for the sandwich yesterday.

Salad contents:

• Spinach
  • Arugula
  • Tabouli
  • Dried Apples
  • Carrot
  • Pecans
  • Mushrooms
  • Olives
  • Mozzarella Cheese
  • Asian Dressing

The salad was really refreshing. A month ago Sabrina wrote a posts on how she craves salads in the summer and only tolerates them during the winter. I think I’m the same way. Lately salad have not sounded appealing at all, but now that it’s starting to warm up I feel myself lusting after them again. It’s amazing how we crave certain things as the weather changes.

On the side I toasted an Everything Bagel Thin with some Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.

I’m still on the hunt for adorable little coffee shops to work from around Tampa, but for now this Starbucks I found down the street from our place will work just fine. It’s nice to get out of the mess of boxes.

PLUS I finally got the coupon for my free birthday drink in the mail. any suggestions for insanely expensive Starbucks combinations I can get my moneys worth out of with this thing? πŸ˜‰

1 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin March 8, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Ohhh all the colors are so pretty! I’m excited to see your new home unfold on here.
Beth @ Beth’s Journey to Thin recently posted..Philly for the Weekend

2 Julie @SavvyEats March 8, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I just did a “help us pick our paint colors” post, too! πŸ™‚ I like the more yellow-y greens on your wall, I think!
Julie @SavvyEats recently posted..Let’s Paint- Pt 2

3 Meghann March 8, 2011 at 6:11 pm

I know! I’ve been following along and taking notes! πŸ™‚

4 Jen @ keepitsimplefoods March 8, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Oooh, there’s the new Cocoa Cappuccino! I’ve been wanting to try it. Pretty sure it’s out today.

5 Meghann March 8, 2011 at 6:12 pm

I saw that when I went in today, but I’m not a coffee fan, i wonder if it’s more cocoa-y or coffee tasting?

6 Jen @ keepitsimplefoods March 9, 2011 at 7:28 am

I’ll try it and let you know!

7 Ali @ Ali Runs March 8, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Wow, your closet looks really organized. It’s hard to tell from the pictures, but I really like light minty greens on walls. I think it looks very fresh. Good luck picking πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Ali’s ABCs

8 Julie March 8, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Hey Meghann! Depending on where you are in Tampa, I recommend Sacred Grounds on Busch Blvd. (I live in Tampa, too!) Good atmosphere and drinks!

9 Meghann March 8, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Thanks Julie! I’m going to have to check it out!

10 kristy @ kristyruns.com March 8, 2011 at 2:10 pm

I love those colors! Sage green is my favorite!!! πŸ™‚ can’t wait to see what you choose!
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..No Pain- No Gain

11 Kara March 8, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Uh, pick the green one? πŸ™‚ I don’t really know anything about paint colors, which is why my house is still all white inside.

My favorite starbucks drink is an iced Americano, but I don’t think that’s expensive. Maybe if you got it in that new huge size?
Kara recently posted..Ever wonder how to combine running and resistance training

12 Freya March 8, 2011 at 2:10 pm

I just read in the comments – a cocoa cappuccino!? Holy cow I need that in my life!
Freya recently posted..Huff Be Gone

13 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 8, 2011 at 2:11 pm

I love picking paint colors!!! How fun πŸ™‚ And I too crave salads WAY more when it is nicer outside–glad to hear I am not the only crazy person!

14 Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. March 8, 2011 at 2:15 pm

My vote: in the last paint picture, the one in the top left.
Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..the headache that won’t go away

15 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food March 8, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I like the color in the top right of the last pic πŸ™‚

Starbucks is having free “petites” (under 200 calorie desserty type things, like a whoopie pie!) March 10 – 12, so you can get a free drink & treat!
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Guilt Free Pizza

16 Meghann March 8, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Totally read this and decided not to use my coupon. I’m saving for tomorrow!!!

17 Emily G. March 8, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Ok, I can’t tell what the name is, but on the very last pictures of the paint colors, my favorite is the first one from the swatch that is in the upper -left hand corner. Sooo pretty!!

Do you guys have Kirklands in Tampa? They have some AMAZZZZING wall art and decor that’s pretty inexpensive!! Love that place!

And your salad doesn’t look half bad either πŸ˜‰

18 Meghann March 8, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Kirklands? Not that I know!

19 Hope March 8, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Those are all nice colors! I like in the last picture the top right color. Pretty! Your salad looks delicious too!
Hope recently posted..Rainy Sunday- Dentist &amp PF Changs…

20 Shanna, like Banana March 8, 2011 at 2:30 pm

2nd photo top left color rocks! Soothing, serene, and soft =)

I order a Venti non-fat, 4-pump vanilla, extra hot latte and I think it’s 4.35 πŸ˜‰
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..POM and Kauai weddings are both wonderful!

21 Rebecca March 8, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Picking paint colors is SO hard! I find that the swatches never look the same as the samples do when you try them in your space Right now there is 11 colors on our dining room wall. Its tough though because we are trying to pick an overall color for the kitchen/living/dining/hallway/stairwell area.

I’ve painted 11 rooms in the past year. I repainted everything in my condo before putting it on the market to sell and then painted some things in my bf’s house (he finished his basement which was a BIG room).

If you are using Behr paint by chance, we are using ‘Grasshopper Wing’ for an accent wall and ‘Arabian Sands’ for the overall neutral color. We will be selling the bf house at some point in the not too far off future so we wanted to pick something fairly neutral.

Can’t wait to see the finished product!

22 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 8, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I like the palettes! I’m a fan of really bright bold shades, but sometimes on all the walls it can be a bit too much. You could choose one more intense shade, and do it on one or 2 feature walls, then do the other lighter shades on the remaining ones… just an idea!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..What I learned at Schwinn training

23 Kacy March 8, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I’m the same way with salads. I even made myself a challenge of eating 20 in december just because I knew I didn’t crave them in the winter – but really there’s no better way than a huge fresh salad to get your veggies and green leafs in!
Kacy recently posted..&amp@!

24 Amanda March 8, 2011 at 2:40 pm

In the last picture, the top right swatch is my fave! I also like the swatch right next to it!

Did you follow that? πŸ™‚

I can’t wait to see what you picked!
Amanda recently posted..Take 2

25 erica March 8, 2011 at 2:46 pm

paint! nothing was more stressful for me than picking out a paint color!
i’ll wait to see your test paint colors before i pick!!!
erica recently posted..i’m not 30- i’m forever 21…

26 Emma March 8, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I am horrible at picking out paint colors! I don’t know how many times I have painted & re-painted a room. So I won’t even attempt to give recommendations, although I do love green so good choice. Starbucks is doing a free petite treat w/ any drink purchase for their 40th anniversary March 10th-12th. Maybe you can use your free drink & get a free little treat…talk about bang for your buck πŸ˜€

27 Meghann March 8, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Thankfully I discovered this before I order my drink. I will totally be taking advantage of it tomorrow πŸ™‚

28 Emma March 8, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Good call! The chocolate peanut butter petite cupcake is totally calling my name on Thursday.

29 RhodeyGirl March 8, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Isn’t it so funny? The sun started shining last week and suddenly salad ingredients made their way on to my grocery list!
RhodeyGirl recently posted..PhillyBoy makes a watercress- radish &amp fennel salad

30 linz March 8, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I like the sage greens best. Not quite a neutral, just enough color. I love decorating, have fun!

31 Ellie @ The Mommyist March 8, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I’m the same way with salads. I probably haven’t had one since September but I’ll eat them all summer long. In the winter I prefer lightly cooked kale or chard for my greens.
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..Sewing

32 DeeFSU March 8, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Love those Starbucks birthday cards! I used mine on a very expensive drink. I got a half-caf Trenta sugarfree Vanilla soy latte. Got it hot then put it in my fridge and then poured it over ice for my morning jolt. Because the trenta is HUGE it lasted me for 3 mornings πŸ™‚

I’m a fan of the 2 colors in pic #3, bottom left. They’re colorful without being too in your face. They’re also versatile you can use accent pieces (lamps, picture frames, vases, flowers, plants, etc) to bring out the color in the room.

33 Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing March 8, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I like the second from the left (last picture) and then the next one over on the top right corner. Can’t wait to see it finished!
Carolyn @ Lovin’ Losing recently posted..My Challenge to You And Me

34 michelle March 8, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I just had that same hummus with some baby carrots as part of my lunch. Delicious.

35 River March 8, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Definitely a pastel type of colour – not the darker ones.

Jealous of the size of your wardrobe!!
River recently posted..Back to reality – Work out Times

36 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 8, 2011 at 3:03 pm

I LOVE roasted red pepper hummus!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Running In The Rain

37 Ashley March 8, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I like the middle green on the darkest green swatch. Your lunch looks delicious! I’m really excited about the mix and move posts!

38 Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free March 8, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Ahh it stresses me out to choose a color for a whole room! I like the green swatches on the right side of the 2nd picture personally!
Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free recently posted..Girl Talk and Surprise Soup

39 Christina March 8, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Hey Tampa friend!

Cafe Hey in downtown is an awesome little coffee shop to get some work done. I have also heard Hooker Tea on Howard is pretty good as well, although I haven’t been there to try it out first hand. Sono Cafe at the Tampa Museum of Art (downtown) is another good one. Grab a coffee and then go sit outside at Curtis Hixon park. Can you tell I live and work and love downtown?? πŸ™‚

40 Meghann March 8, 2011 at 6:16 pm

THANKS! You should come join me for a coffee sometime at one of your awesome suggestions!

41 Megan March 8, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Picking paint colors is so fun! Looking forward to seeing your work πŸ™‚
Megan recently posted..Favorites

42 Jessie March 8, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I can’t decide which color I like best since I like them all (except the darkest green I guess), but I love light greens in general. They’re cheerful and bright.

And I just got my Starbucks birthday coupon too and can’t decide what to order! I’m thinking of getting a venti frappuccino or something, because they are just so expensive that I’d never try one if I had to pay with my own money πŸ™‚

43 jill March 8, 2011 at 3:39 pm

you should try the hooker tea company on platt and howard. even though it’s like a half mile from my house i’ve never actually been there, but it’s a tea shop so it might be more your thing. not sure about wi-fi though…

44 Meghann March 8, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Thanks Jill! That sounds like one worth checking into πŸ™‚

45 Kiran March 8, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Nothing too dark in my opinion, but I love your color palette! And go girl, you’ve done your closet πŸ˜‰
Kiran recently posted..ABC’s of Me

46 Angela March 8, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I was also going to suggest Hooker Tea Co. on Howard – kind of a quiter place. I love Sono/Curtis Hixon Park! Go there to work or play!

47 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me March 8, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I like the tans and browns, however if you’ve narrowed it down to the last pic, I like the one on the top right. Looks good.

Did you take over his closet? Looks like it’s filled with women’s clothes. πŸ˜‰
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Much Mad Men and the ABC’s

48 Meghann March 8, 2011 at 6:18 pm

No, I took over the second closet and let him have the master. Details tomorrow!

49 LauraJayne March 8, 2011 at 3:53 pm

My newest coffee “obsession” is a “Shot in the Dark” – or a grande coffee with a shot of espresso! It is my morning savior!
LauraJayne recently posted..Don’t Wanna Run

50 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life March 8, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Love them all but especially love what I call “Restoration Hardware blue”–kind of grayish/greenish/blue.
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..To Be Known

51 mary March 8, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I like the lighter greens. My living room at home is painted green too. They say you should paint your kitchen yellow because it’s appetite stimulating πŸ™‚ just some food for thought.
mary recently posted..The Pants

52 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 8, 2011 at 4:16 pm

I like the colors you are picking from — personally I like the neutral ones — maybe because that is what we picked in our house?
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

53 katie March 8, 2011 at 4:42 pm

mmmmmmm the asian dressing sounds yummy!!!!!!

I would say go with a yummy latte!!! Yay for a free drink!
katie recently posted..Yell- ow Love

54 Katie G. March 8, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I have some paint color experience from when we painted our house last year. Some of the colors turned out great on the walls, but there was one that we put on the wall in the back room instead of the kitchen where we had originally planned for it- way too bright!

I’d say, go with the greens that have a little bit more gray in them. Everything looks so much brighter on the wall once you paint and it dries. A touch of gray seems to go with everything, is a bit more neutral, but still has that fun pop of color that you might be looking for!

An updates on what you and Derek decided to do with his fish print?
Katie G. recently posted..Rainy Day Sunday

55 Meghann March 8, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Thanks Katie!

The fish painting it still in the living room, but will soon be moved to the bedroom πŸ™‚

56 Lauren @ Team Giles March 8, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I like the darker green colors. So pretty, so rich!

I’m the same way about salads. I love them in the summer and in the winter they feel so boring.

Hummus on a bagel? I’ve never experienced such a thing! Hmm… I might have to venture out from my normal cream cheese bagel.
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..Diet Pills and Jillian Michaels

57 Laura (Starloz) March 8, 2011 at 5:48 pm

i hate painting, the hardest part is picking the color though.

your salad is to die for, like omg.
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..New location

58 Alaina March 8, 2011 at 6:00 pm

I love the colors. I would probably go for the slightly darker green. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

59 Biz March 8, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Not sure if this place is anywhere near you, but it looks kinda cool πŸ˜€

Biz recently posted..Happy 19th Birthday! The many faces of my daughter Hannah

60 Meghann March 8, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Thanks Biz! A local up above recommended it as well, so it has to be good πŸ™‚

61 Maryann (The Balanced Bean) March 8, 2011 at 6:11 pm

That salad looks delish! I always crave them…I do live in socal though πŸ™‚
Maryann (The Balanced Bean) recently posted..Google Thinks Im Weird

62 Clare @ Fitting It All In March 8, 2011 at 6:25 pm

My bedroom is similar to the third picture, far right green color. I LOVE it! Green’s my favorite color so you can’t go wrong!

Also, I only crave salads in the winter if they have roasted veggies or something on them. Seasonal eater!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..OOIASSBJ!

63 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 8, 2011 at 6:41 pm

that’s so funny because I treated myself to a starbucks today! i got a simple coffee frappucino–it’s just coffee and milk, but blended frozen. its such a treat!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..6K Coastal Challenge!

64 Flo (Coconut Chronicles) March 8, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Cocoa Cappuccino! With an extra shot and peppermint syrup… oh wow, i’m craving starbucks and its 11.59pm here!
Salad looks delicious, by the way πŸ™‚

65 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 8, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I love your salad!!! πŸ˜€ SO colorful! πŸ˜€

xoxo
Kathleen
Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner recently posted..Kat’s Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

66 Brianna March 8, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I love all those shades of green… I’m always a fan of bold/dark colors. The bottom row, third swatch in are my favorites.

I’m starting to crave summer foods more and more, probably because it’s still full blown winter where I’m from and I’m dying for summer.

67 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 8, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I agree about the salads – I always love them, but I want them so much more in the summer!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..preemptive intuitive eating