Progress

by Meghann on March 7, 2011

Look! Progress!

Of course, most of it is going here, but we’ll keep that our little secret. πŸ˜‰

I can’t wait to purchase the metal shelves I’ve been drooling over to add some organization to that chaos. Unfortunately we still need to move some things around, so for now chaos works. πŸ™‚

I’ve been on a roll all morning. The closet is done, I’ve worked on the kitchen, the bathroom is somewhat organized, and I’ve cut the boxes in my ‘office’ by half. So far, so good. πŸ™‚

All the organization and box hauling really did a number on my appetite this morning. I was starving by 11:00, but managed to hold off another half hour to dig into lunch.

Having a stocked fridge and so many options available almost brought tears to my eyes. So much good food, so little time. πŸ™‚

I did narrow my lunch options down to a salad or veggie sandwich and went for the sandwich since I had a hankering for carbs.

The above beauty contained Red Pepper Hummus (Publix Brand), Mushrooms, Carrot, Arugula, and Swiss Cheese. On the outside were two pieces of Publix Whole Wheat Italian 5 Grain Bread.

On the side I had some dried apriots and pretzel goldfish

Girl Scout Cookies for dessert.

Turns out Derek didn’t eat the whole box after all. πŸ˜‰

Goals for the afternoon:

• Complete a few work projects
  • Target or Bed, Bath, & Beyond or Lowes
  • Prep Dinner (I’m excited about tonight’s creation!!

1 melissa March 7, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I am excited about tonight’s creation! You are a great sandwich chef!
melissa recently posted..Nut Your Average Friday!

2 michelle March 7, 2011 at 2:18 pm

mmmmmm I am making my own version of that yummy sandwich you just posted about right now!
michelle recently posted..Old Married Couple

3 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food March 7, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Looks like everything is coming together! You will be so happy when you’re done πŸ™‚

Those Girl Scout cookies look frozen….I want one!
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Burgerfication

4 Freya March 7, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Oh I have a hankering for a veggie sandwich now πŸ˜€

5 Stephanie @ LiveCookLove March 7, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Don’t worry, it will get better πŸ™‚ Im so glad you are blogging about your move!! Can’t wait to see your organizational ideas too!!

6 Hope March 7, 2011 at 2:22 pm

That sandwich looks great! I love Tagalongs! They are my favorite Girl Scout Cookie! πŸ™‚ Good job with getting things organized and together!
Hope recently posted..Rainy Sunday- Dentist &amp PF Changs…

7 Michelle @ Living Learning Earning March 7, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Woohoo for progress! Such a good feeling when you can start seeing more of the floor πŸ™‚
Michelle @ Living Learning Earning recently posted..Orzo with mushrooms

8 Alaina March 7, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Can’t wait to see tonight’s creation! πŸ™‚

Looks like a good progression!
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

9 Sana March 7, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Yay! Good job on getting things done πŸ™‚
Sana recently posted..Play- Play Playyyyyy

10 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 7, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Yummmmy sandwich! I think I am going to make hummus today, thanks for the inspiration πŸ™‚ Glad you’re making progress!

11 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 7, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Congrats on all your productivity! Your sandwich looks gorgeous. Have a lovely time at BB&B and Tarj-ayyyyy!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..What I learned at Schwinn training

12 jen @ taste life March 7, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Yay for progress!
jen @ taste life recently posted..How

13 Bria March 7, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Those Girl Scout cookies look delish. **drool**
Bria recently posted..My 2011 Races and Chicken Recipe

14 Roselyn March 7, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Your current posts are near and dear to my heart because we just went through a move last March AND September. Its tough! hang in there! Everything will find its place soon enough. πŸ™‚

I LOVE your blog, btw. Definitely one of my daily must-reads. πŸ™‚
Roselyn recently posted..Five &amp Five

15 Shanna, like Banana March 7, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I almost get a little anxious at a full fridge because I want to have a little bit of everything!
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..POM and Kauai weddings are both wonderful!

16 mary March 7, 2011 at 3:28 pm

looks good so far! glad you’re settling in nicely.
mary recently posted..Some sweat and a small rant

17 Kacy March 7, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Yay for progress! Nothing wrong with utilizing the garage. That’s what they’re for right?!
Kacy recently posted..&amp@!

18 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 7, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Oh my gosh! Girl Scout Cookies are the best!!! I don’t know how they do it, but their cookies are so addictingly delicious! πŸ˜‰

xoxo
Kathleen
Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner recently posted..Kat’s Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

19 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 7, 2011 at 4:41 pm

So jealous of those Girl Scout cookies πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Water- Water- Everywhere

20 Biz March 7, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Glad you are settling in Meghann! And I agree, having a fridge of food is a lovely site after fast food πŸ˜€

I have not had one girl scout cookie yet – check out the cake I made for my daughters birthday today if you have time – the reason I’ve avoided girl scout cookies because I have declared this cake insulin worthy, and I don’t bake or eat sweets that often!
Biz recently posted..Happy 19th Birthday! The many faces of my daughter Hannah

21 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather March 7, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Sandwich over salad is a common choice for me too! Looks tasty. Roasted red pepper hummus is one of my favorites.

22 jenna@frombostonwithlove March 7, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Congrats on the progress! I know how hard it is to even make a dent in all the boxes after a big move.

p.s. totally jealous of your GS cookies – i missed the whole season πŸ™
jenna@frombostonwithlove recently posted..Things I Do

23 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 7, 2011 at 6:14 pm

I can’t wait for our office to be stocked with girl scout cookies πŸ™‚ It is only a matter of days before that happens!
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

24 Courtney March 7, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Keep the casa fotos coming! I love seeing the before and afters!!! πŸ˜€
Courtney recently posted.. 10- 11- 12!

25 Ashley March 7, 2011 at 8:06 pm

I’m so happy everything’s coming together! Your lunch looks so good by the way. You’re a great chef!

26 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 7, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Looks like you’re making progress!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..preemptive intuitive eating

27 River March 7, 2011 at 9:08 pm

That sandwich looks so good!
River recently posted..Back to reality – Work out Times

28 Runner Couple - Sara March 7, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Good progress there! Packing and unpacking can be such a task, especially if you are a perfectionist like me πŸ™‚ Good luck with the rest!
Runner Couple – Sara recently posted..6 Wonderful Years

29 Karolina March 7, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Excellent progress:) I haven’t had a single Girl Scout Cookie this year and am CRAVING them!
Karolina recently posted..10 Ideas to Refill Yourself I cant give what I dont have pt 2

30 LauraJayne March 7, 2011 at 9:52 pm

That sandwich looks amazing – I love hummus on pretty much everything!
LauraJayne recently posted..Don’t Wanna Run

31 Ali @ Ali Runs March 7, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I love Girl Scout Cookies! The ice cream they have is pretty good too πŸ™‚ Great job so far! It looks like its definitely coming along.

32 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 7, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Glad to hear that everything is going pretty smoothly πŸ˜€

33 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 8, 2011 at 1:22 am

wow that sandwich is epic!!!!!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..6K Coastal Challenge!