Shopping Spree-ing

by Meghann on March 6, 2011

Lowes… Target… Publix… Petco… I’ve seen them all today.

And they all took my money.

People warned me moving was going to expensive, what I didn’t realize was that it’s actually the day following a move that’s really expensive. In order to make everything fit, a little organization via new shelves, hooks, and basket was required. Don’t worry, I plan to share all the new purchases in good time. πŸ˜‰

I can give you a sneak peak at the paint samples (!!) we picked up for the living room.

IMAG0545.jpg

They’re all shades of green, but for some reason the phone camera tinted them blue?

Our shopping spree led us to Grille One Sixteen, where Derek’s brother Tyler is a server.

Fun Story: Tyler was standing at the hostess stand last night, when Cameron Diaz and A-Rod walked in for dinner. It took him a minute to pick his jaw off the floor, but he eventually sat them and immediately called Derek to share the news.

Tyler has been working at Grille One Sixteen for a few months now, but this was the first chance I’ve had to eat there. The strip mall location is a little deceiving. Inside it’s all swank and class with a great menu and, of course, a great staff.

Tyler started us off with his famous mojitos. That boy knows how to make a mean drink! πŸ˜‰

Grille One Sixteen is famous for their $5 lunchtime burgers. They’re big, juicy and come with a plateful of heavily seasoned fries. If you have a hankering for a giant, cheap burger – this is your place.

Derek gobbled his burger up and shared a bite – plus some fries – but I wasn’t in the mood for a giant burger when it came time to order. Instead I asked for the Soup & Salad combo.

The soup was a cup of rich and creamy Potato Soup.

See those chunk of potatoes? Love!

The salad was a fresh house salad of mixed greens, beets, carrots, almond slivers, and dried cranberries.

Fresh and flavorful. Exactly what I was craving. πŸ™‚

Lunch was great. Thanks for the great service Tyler! πŸ™‚

Our shopping spree-ing continued until late in the afternoon. When we did make it home I had an apple and peanut butter to appease my sweet tooth.

And even though the fridge is now full…

IMG_8733.jpg

(have you ever seen a more beautiful sight than a stocked fridge?)

…when the time came to make dinner I had no energy – or desire – to put anything together. Our kitchen is still a mess (we compromised and are installing some extra storage shelves in the garage for miscellaneous items soon – yippee!) and my brain turned to mush after spending a few hours knee deep in clothes and baskets in my closet (more to come on that later this week).

I’m hoping my cooking mojo returns soon, but until then a black bean wrap with pretzels does the trick.

The black bean wrap turned into a black bean mess. The wrap gave way to the wet beans and carrots and I ended up eating the majority of it with a fork. Still good, just messy.

The other week I had the most amazing pretzels at my parents’ house. They’ve been on my mind ever since and when I spotted them at Publix today I had to buy a bag of my own.

Still amazing. Especially with mustard. You can’t forget the mustard when eating good pretzels! πŸ˜‰

I think one of my favorite parts about living with a boy is going to be having someone to share cookie with. Specifically Girl Scout Cookies.

IMG_8749.jpg

I enjoy a serving to satisfy my craving.

And he eats the rest. Win. Win. πŸ˜‰

This weekend really flew by. Let’s hope the week goes a little slower. I have lots and lots to share with you!

Until then… Good Night!

1 Runner Couple - Sara March 6, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Hope you enjoy your new place! I have never seen a celebrity before! I guess living in a small town really doesn’t give you very good chances, that is so cool that he was able to see them!
Runner Couple – Sara recently posted..6 Wonderful Years

2 Krissy - Shiawase Life March 6, 2011 at 10:01 pm

LOL! Love that last bit about enjoying a serving while he eats the rest! SOO the case in my house too!! =D
Krissy – Shiawase Life recently posted..Fun times galore!

3 Kristy @ KristyRuns March 6, 2011 at 10:02 pm

I love those paint sample colors! Light greens are my favorites! πŸ™‚
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..Return of the Boots

4 mary March 6, 2011 at 10:03 pm

How exciting to be decorating your new place πŸ™‚ Glad you’re all settled in!
mary recently posted..Some sweat and a small rant

5 Karolina March 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm

whew. Sounds like you got an amazing amount done this weekend. You need a few days off now:) I can’t wait to see how the living room turns out.
Karolina recently posted..10 Ideas to Refill Yourself I cant give what I dont have pt 2

6 Kristin @ FoodFash March 6, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Welcome to Tampa!!
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Big-Ticket Brownies

7 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 6, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I have yet to have a Girl Scout Cookie this year — soon my work’s breakroom will be filled with them πŸ™‚

And yes, the day after moving is when it gets expensive — you need to organize all of your things in your new space! And I like the paint colors — except for the really bright green on the far left. Too loud for me πŸ™‚
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Back to Normal Life

8 melissa (fitnessnyc) March 6, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Our last apartment had one sage wall and we got so so many compliments on it! Pretzels with mustard–salty! yum

9 Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat March 6, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Ooh I need some girl scout cookies in my life stat. Yum!
Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat recently posted..Hamantaschen

10 Kaitlin March 6, 2011 at 10:25 pm

What a day! There really is nothing better than a stocked fridge. Shopping and organizing are what Sundays are for πŸ™‚ I look forward to your organization posts!
Kaitlin recently posted..Make-Ahead Meal 1- Indian Sweet Potato Hash

11 Heather March 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I love green paint!

My only advice re: painting a rented apartment … don’t go too dark because you will probably have to paint it back. I speak from experience repainting a bright red room.

12 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I love the greens! Can’t wait to see the final product!

13 Christine March 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I don’t think sharing Girl Scout cookies would be a good thing, in my book πŸ˜‰
Christine recently posted..Kiss My Apostrophe

14 Ali @ Ali Runs March 6, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I can’t wait to see which shade you pick for the living room and the final product! πŸ™‚ How cool for Derek’s brother!! I would have definitely had a hard time composing myself.

15 Michelle March 6, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Love the green. Very soothing
Michelle recently posted..Old Married Couple

16 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles March 6, 2011 at 10:57 pm

The whole moving process is definitely expensive! In no time though, you’ll be all settled. So worth every penny! πŸ™‚

17 Tracy @ Commit To Fit March 6, 2011 at 11:09 pm

We only have 2 flavours of Girl Guide cookies in Canada, I would love to get my paws on some Girl Scout cookie gems πŸ™‚
Tracy @ Commit To Fit recently posted..Healthy Eating Tips

18 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) March 6, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I love the greens! Our bedroom is painted ValSpar’s Kyoto Green (it’s a Martha Stewart color) and it’s such a warm and welcoming green. I love how it looks in the morning when we wake up.

Moving CAN be costly. We’ve moved twice since graduating from college: into our first apartment, and into our second apartment, lol. I told The Boy when we moved into our current place that I didnt’ want to move for a few years, LOL. We had to buy SO much for both moves – it was crazy!
Deva (Voracious Vorilee) recently posted..Our Mixed CDs

19 Lauren @chigallauren March 6, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Yay mojitos!! I’m totally jealous of your tagalongs!
Lauren @chigallauren recently posted..The Final Hours

20 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 6, 2011 at 11:13 pm

mustard is my #1 fave condiment
and girl scout cookies are probably my #1 fave cookies πŸ™‚

21 Sana March 6, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Those fries look good!! Don’t stress about the move, everything will workout!
Sana recently posted..Play- Play Playyyyyy

22 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 6, 2011 at 11:21 pm

my husband always eats the rest of a dessert that I don’t want (but I want some!) and it is a great compromise! I love pretzels….what kind is that you say? I’d love to try ’em out too πŸ™‚

23 Brittney March 6, 2011 at 11:25 pm

I like the color in the middle. I think it says Bleached Spruce? I definitely turned my head upside down to try and read that! I’m so excited for you though! Most importantly, I’m excited that you had the courage to make this move! That takes guts girl!
Brittney recently posted..Operation Miami- Week 4

24 Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free March 6, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Woah I can’t believe Derek’s brother waited on Cameron Diaz and A-rod so cool!
Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free recently posted..Impromptu Trip Home

25 Alaina March 6, 2011 at 11:47 pm

I love those girl scout cookies! Or thin mints that have been in the fridge.

And that soup looks amazing! I love potato soup. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

26 hippierunner March 7, 2011 at 12:31 am

My least favorite part about living with a boy is having to share cookies! πŸ˜‰
hippierunner recently posted..Yummy Birthday Food

27 Hannah (Hannah LIves) March 7, 2011 at 1:17 am

It’s weird but I almost feel like you’re a friend, that moved, and I won’t see you as much. Geographically you’ve moved about 20 miles further from me (I’m in Minneapolis), but I feel like we are not long distance friends, even though we always have been long distance “friends”……. I think I miss you…..Re-reading this I sound really creepy, and stalkerish, I’m sorry. I’m really not. Promise. I probably shouldn’t post this.
Hannah (Hannah LIves) recently posted..My Weekend

28 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 7, 2011 at 3:38 am

there are no girl scout cookies here in New Zealand….I MISS THEM!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..6K Coastal Challenge!

29 Emily @ Savory and Savage March 7, 2011 at 3:44 am

OK, now you have me craving pretzels with mustard!
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Soup for thought

30 Allison @ OneWhiteTulip March 7, 2011 at 6:46 am

Stocking the fridge is important after you move! Our move was over the span of a week, so we ended up eating out almost every night – ugh.

Now I really really want a mojito. It’s 6:45 am. I don’t have a problem.

Good luck unpacking!
Allison @ OneWhiteTulip recently posted..5 steps to brunch

31 Kara March 7, 2011 at 7:26 am

I remember being shocked at how much moving actually costs. But once you move into a house, it’s a whole new blame game! Thank goodness for the military discount and Lowe’s, that’s all I have to say about that!

I’m so glad you have someone to share cookies with now!
Kara recently posted..Sometimes the perfect guy does just fall out of the sky

32 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 7, 2011 at 7:27 am

I bet that fridge is 90% “your food” πŸ˜‰
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Road Bike Basics

33 Lauren March 7, 2011 at 7:50 am

Ugh, moving is soooo expensive!!! We are just thinking off all of the thousands of dollars we’ll be spending at Lowe’s next month. Oh well, the joys of living on your own. πŸ˜‰
Lauren recently posted..Operation Move- Day 1

34 Hope March 7, 2011 at 8:12 am

That is so cool that Derek’s brother seated Cameron Diaz and A-rod! So awesome! Glad to see that you are settling in. Before you know it, it will feel like you’ve been living together for years. πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Rainy Sunday- Dentist &amp PF Changs…

35 carolinebee March 7, 2011 at 8:19 am

Glad the move went well Meghann!! I’m sure it’s crazy but exciting πŸ˜€ I have been wanting to paint my room soo bad…but I have to ask my landlord, or check my contract to see if I can…it’s like this, awkward, gross eggshell yellow color!

Cute restaurant…aaand server!! ;D
carolinebee recently posted..Home Sweet Home!

36 rebecca lustig March 7, 2011 at 9:14 am

pretzels and mustard is THE BEST. But so is pretzels and hummus πŸ™‚

37 Erica March 7, 2011 at 10:38 am

Congrats on the move!!!!!! I am so happy for you πŸ™‚ Moving and sprucing a place up is definitely expensive, but worth it in the end! Grille one sixteen looks like a sweet spot- I know Josh would be all over that burger
Erica recently posted..E- Chobani Caesar Salad- Winner &amp Pregnancy Update

38 RhodeyGirl March 7, 2011 at 10:51 am

I don’t know if it’s too late for this, but my mother in law was a BIG help when I moved all my crap down.

She insisted to come over right away (We left RI in the Uhaul at 6 am and got down to Philly by 11 AM) and that we unpack EVERYTHING that day. So everything got unpacked and put in their general location, and she made me find a home for every single thing. We worked for like 14 hours with a few trips to Lowe’s and such, but it was a great start and made the condo feel clean.

Then I spent the next month or so slowly going through each area to really make the space work and find best storage and stuff. Our place was organized enough to have people over for dinner which took off a lot of stress of rushing to organize.

Love the paint colors!
RhodeyGirl recently posted..PhillyBoy makes a watercress- radish &amp fennel salad

39 Kacy March 7, 2011 at 11:10 am

I don’t really care for either of those celebrities, but I know I’d be so starstruck if I saw them in person.

40 Kelly- Shiny Happy Vegan March 7, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I bought my living room paint at Lowe’s and it is the most wonderful color ever! It looks very similar to one of your paint chips- if any of them are called “Valley Green”, I highly recommend it!
Kelly- Shiny Happy Vegan recently posted..A Visit From the Parental Units

41 Sarah K March 7, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Tagalongs are my favorite girl scout cookies!
Sarah K recently posted..Back to the Zoo

42 Colleen @ ColleenOnTheRun March 8, 2011 at 12:04 am

i can’t lie, i have a problem with girl scout cookies…. but worse than that, i can’t keep them in my house (unless i hide them) because my boyfriend takes WAY more than his fair share! i guess it’s good because i can’t eat them all, but entire boxes have disappeared without me even getting ONE!!!

43 Katie March 10, 2011 at 3:01 pm

LOVE Grille One Sixteen! Have you tried the homemade donuts?!?! Oh…so delicious…
Katie recently posted..A Clever Way to Wrap a Wine Bottle

44 Meghann March 10, 2011 at 4:50 pm

I didn’t, but I was definitely eyeing them on the menu. πŸ˜‰