Maddie’s New Home

by Meghann on March 6, 2011

Maddie found a new favorite spot. πŸ™‚

Derek sold his sectional last week and we’re putting off new couches until the living room is painted (crossing my fingers this will happen this week), so all we have in the living room right now is Derek’s recliner that once belonged to his Grandmother and is older than both of us. Of course neither of us have had the chance to sit in it yet since Maddie has basically claimed it as hers already.

I really need to find that girl’s dog bed! It has to be in a box around here somewhere. πŸ˜‰

We all crashed hard last night. Loading and unloading boxes from one place to another is really tiring work. So is trying to figure out where to put everything. I may or may not have had a panic attack at one point trying to make room for my baking stuff in the kitchen. It wasn’t pretty. I’m not proud.

Running is the best de-stresser, so this morning I took off on a nice 3 miler around my new neighborhood. I selected a road that ran perpendicular to the complex and ran until to road ended. It was pure relaxation. πŸ™‚

Our kitchen is a complete disaster (hence the breakdown) and the thought of making something for breakfast was too daunting. Eating out never sounded so good.

We drove to J. Christopher’s and I ordered the Irish Apple Oat Cakes from the ‘Irish Specials.’

They tasted like Apple Cake. Rich, chewy, and delicious. I ate a little more than half and shared the rest. πŸ™‚

We’ve already made one trip to Lowes this morning and are about to head out to Target, Whole Foods, and Publix. It’s going to be another looongggg day.

1 Erika @ FoodFitnessFun March 6, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Sorry to hear about the moving woes. Everything will be sorted out soon – don’t worry!
Erika @ FoodFitnessFun recently posted..Baking Birthday

2 CampingGirl March 6, 2011 at 12:14 pm

It will get better… the really hard part is over.
CampingGirl recently posted..Girls Night- Play

3 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 6, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Good luck with everything! I know it is STRESSFUL but it will all be ok in the end! πŸ˜€

4 Nat March 6, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Congrats on this new leg of your life journey! Moving in with the boyfriend is going to bring about some great times and learning experiences!

5 Sana March 6, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Yayyy, you live with a boy now!!!
Sana recently posted..Play- Play Playyyyyy

6 Stacey March 6, 2011 at 12:22 pm

You’ll be fine. The hard part is over and pretty soon you can start settling in. Those oat cakes look delish!

7 Ashley March 6, 2011 at 12:24 pm

At least all of your stuff is there. It will get better! And I’m sure you’re going to love living with Derek and Maddie. It’s worth it, just keep trying.

8 Anne P March 6, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Ugh moving is SO stressful, I feel you! Especially when combining your stuff with someone else’s. I was lucky that Matt doesn’t have almost any kitchen stuff! πŸ™‚
Anne P recently posted..11 Hilly Hammer Gel Miles &amp An Omelette Brunch

9 Christine March 6, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I feel your pain- my kitchen is small and whenever I get something new I freak about where I’m going to fit it. Things falling out of cupboards is not an option!
Christine recently posted..Kiss My Apostrophe

10 Mary March 6, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I’ve always found that re-organizing the kitchen is the hardest part of any move, which is why I do it first. Good luck!
Mary recently posted..Yoda Was Right

11 michelle March 6, 2011 at 12:45 pm

ahh I am so NOT jealous of you right now for all that unpacking you have to do. I went through that last weekend and it was not fun at all.
michelle recently posted..Old Married Couple

12 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life March 6, 2011 at 12:46 pm

It will get easier! Once you get settled everything will be ok again!
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Sunday Funday

13 Roselyn March 6, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Moving is stressful!! Just remember to take your time and don’t try to get everything done in one day. It’ll get done eventually. Enjoy your new home!
Roselyn recently posted..Slow and steady

14 rebecca lustig March 6, 2011 at 12:51 pm

If those oat cakes don’t fuel you for the long day ahead of you, nothing will!! good luck

15 VeggieGirl March 6, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Maddie and Chooey are so alike πŸ˜€
VeggieGirl recently posted..The Moment of Truth

16 RunningOnCoffee March 6, 2011 at 12:55 pm

While moving to a new apartment almost 2 years ago was stressful, I really enjoyed finding new running routes!! It’s a great way to explore the area. Cute picture of Maddie!
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Saturday Pace Run

17 Ali @ Ali Runs March 6, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Running is such an awesome stress reliever! Just keep taking everything in small steps, it’s so much less daunting instead of looking at the big picture. πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Ali’s ABCs

18 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 6, 2011 at 1:07 pm

You will totally feel better once everything is set up!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Road Bike Basics

19 Little Bookworm March 6, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Love the sound of that breakfast! Sorry about the moving stress though! πŸ™ Hope it all works out soon.
Little Bookworm recently posted..Can You Guess

20 Amanda March 6, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Moving in with the boyfriend is a tough one, and while there will be some rough spots it will be worth it!! Have fun today!

21 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 6, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I hope things go well today! It will be worth it in the end πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Water- Water- Everywhere

22 Shannon March 6, 2011 at 1:21 pm

As a military wife with a serious baking addiction, I know all about trying to fit too much into a smaller kitchen. Bookcases are your friend. Small ones, large ones, etc. They can hold larger nesting bowls that you don’t mind looking at, cookbooks, cake pedestals and baskets holding cookie cutters, place mats, and dishtowels. When I move to houses that have bigger kitchens, these bookcases get repurposed to the front entryway where they hold picture albums, blankets for snuggling up on the couch, and the baskets hold gloves, suncreen, and umbrellas. Bookcases of all sizes are your friends.

23 sarah (sarah learns) March 6, 2011 at 1:28 pm

ahh, i know it’s stressful moving and combining households with someone else. it’ll be so worth it though! try to have fun and enjoy it. i’m sure you’ll laugh at some of the mishaps after you’re settled!
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..our new apartment!

24 Alaina March 6, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Going through the same thing! And I have stuff to put away in my new place and stuff in my parents basement. It’s not pretty either.

But those pancakes looks pretty. πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

25 Courtney March 6, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I’m so excited for you! I love changes – love, love, love it. I think you’re going to have so much fun creating a space together! Good luck!!
Courtney recently posted..Strawberry Mango Wheat &amp Oat Pancakes

26 Kacy March 6, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Moving is soooo exhausting. It’s awesome that you had energy to run! Good luck with everything today
Kacy recently posted..Runfessions

27 Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy March 6, 2011 at 3:04 pm

awe maddie looks comfy in her new home!

breakfast looks so good!
Julie @ Lettuce Choose Healthy recently posted..Hello- blogworld!

28 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 6, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Moving is sooo stressful.. especially in such a tiny place! But i’m sure you (and Maddie) will be at home in NO time!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..My ABC’s

29 Amanda March 6, 2011 at 3:31 pm

I feel you! I moved in with my boyfriend a year ago, and it wasn’t always easy! I imagine it’d be tougher moving your stuff into his place, as opposed to moving into a new, neutral space. Just remember the big picture and have fun πŸ™‚

30 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 6, 2011 at 3:41 pm

mmmmm pancakes that taste like apple cake?! Sign me up πŸ™‚

31 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) March 6, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Moving can be stressful, especially when you are moving in with someone else. Just remember to take it one box and one day at a time – within a few days, everything should have a home, and in the meantime, when you need to take a step back – take a step back, take a deep breath, go for a run, or get some froyo! You’ll get settled in eventually!

32 mary March 6, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Glad you’re all moved in, I think you’ll really enjoy this new chapter in your life πŸ™‚
mary recently posted..Some sweat and a small rant

33 Alexa @ SimpleEats March 6, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Moving is definitely stressful, but once you even start moving a few boxes, it feels better. What an exciting time!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..Friday Favorites

34 Anna @ Doing Good and Living Well March 6, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Oh yum, J. Christophers! There are a few near where my parents live and they make this awesome “Goddess” omelette with egg whites, feta, spinach, etc.
Anna @ Doing Good and Living Well recently posted..Restaurant Eve

35 Martha March 6, 2011 at 5:31 pm

I feel your pain re: the baking supplies. I moved in with my boyfriend last August, and the kitchen was THE HARDEST room to organize to our liking. I think it took about three days total to put everything away. Good luck!

36 Lauren @chigallauren March 6, 2011 at 5:59 pm

awww Maddie is so cute πŸ™‚
Lauren @chigallauren recently posted..Salad Beasts and PB Treats

37 Carly (Swim, Run, Om) March 6, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Hmmm. Next time you go there, can you do me a favor a try those Chunky Monkey Crepes? That description (what I could read of it) sounds delicious! πŸ˜€
Carly (Swim, Run, Om) recently posted..These are my confessions

38 Brittney March 6, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I’m really so happy for you! Once you get the unpacking and painting out of the way you’ll feel so much better!
Brittney recently posted..Operation Miami- Week 4

39 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) March 6, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Good luck with moving! I’m doing it next week–yikes! Sounds like things are going well!
Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) recently posted..Woah- I’m Halfway There- Marathon Training by a Non-Runner

40 Lee March 6, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I think eating out is pretty much a given after a weekend of moving. I think we ate pizza for 3 days straight when we moved into our house last Spring.
Lee recently posted..More Murphy

41 Hilary March 6, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Aww…sorry to hear about your breakdown…it can only get better! In the meantime, those pancakes look great!

42 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 6, 2011 at 9:08 pm

breath smile repeat! It’ll feel like home before you know it πŸ™‚ and you won’t have to do it again for a while! you aren’t in college anymore, like poor me, moving every 6 months, lol!
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..6K Coastal Challenge!

43 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me March 6, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Moving is definitely exhausting! But I give you credit for still running! I would’ve totally been like there’s too much to do and I’m already tired. haha.
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Much Mad Men and the ABC’s

44 Laurie March 6, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Oh I hate moving too and putting everything up! Don’t worry, you and Derek will get things in place in no time! I’m sure adorable Maddie will get use to her new home soon too!

45 Elise March 6, 2011 at 9:37 pm

at least the move seems to be going fairly smooth! i hate moving… and i’m about to move for like the 5th time in 3 years this summer. NOT looking forward to it. the worst part, in my opinion, is feeling like you’re living out of a suitcase and boxes during the packing/move stage. best of luck — i’m sure the apartment will be ADORABLE! (and manly, of course)
Elise recently posted..Cinnfully Delicious

46 Jess@atasteofconfidence March 7, 2011 at 12:12 am

Mm pancakes look great!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..ABCs of me

47 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 7, 2011 at 6:09 pm

YAY for Whole Foods! πŸ˜€

We got a bed for our cats, but they rarely used it anyways. πŸ™‚

xoxo
Kathleen
Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner recently posted..Kat’s Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies