My Life is an Open Book. Time to Turn the Page!

by Meghann on March 5, 2011

And with that, another chapter of my life comes to an end.

And another one begins. 😉

To say moving is exhausting would be an understatement. Bringing boxes down stairs, trying to organize last minute chaos, driving across the state, and starting from square one at the new place – is just a taste of my crazy day.

It all began with some comfort food.

• Kashi Go Lean
  • Granola
  • Apple
  • Lemon Chobani (!!)
  • Vanilla Peanut Butter ( was sad to discover PB and lemon doesn’t mix well)

Followed by a manic dog who wouldn’t touch her food and was going stir crazy trying to figure out what was about to happen. She knew something was up, but wasn’t 100% sure what.

IMG_8564.JPG IMG_8565.JPG IMG_8566.JPG

However, as soon as my Sister and Anthony walked in the door she calmed down and sort of went with the flow. :)

It was easy to see why Maddie was going crazy. Check out the chaos that was my apartment this morning.

We had three hours to fit all of ^that^ into the back of my Dad’s trailer. Umm… yeah. We had our work cut out for ourselves.

We took our time and slowly, but surely made some progress.

IMG_8572.JPG IMG_8573.JPG IMG_8574.JPG IMG_8575.JPG IMG_8576.JPG IMG_8579.JPG

Moving snacks and refreshments

IMG_8581.JPG IMG_8582.jpg

It took a little elbow grease, but eventually the trailer was full

And the apartment was empty.

IMG_8605.JPG IMG_8606.JPG

I’m going to miss this place

Adios Apartment! Its been fun!

We closed up shop and headed to Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza to refuel.

Unfortunately, there was no outdoor seating and we had this little bugger

So, we improvised with a sidewalk picnic instead. 😉

Maddie approved! :)

My Dad had placed an order of wings for the group and – even though I’m not usually a wing fan – these intrigued me.

These were not ordinary wings. These were baked wings that were then topped with sauteed onions. Umm… can we say holy heart attack yum?

I had two and they were delicious. I loved how moist and flavor the onions made the wings. Yum. :)

Kelly and I also split a small house salad.

And a small olive pizza.

Anthony’s pizza is amazing. Totally worth eating on a sidewalk for. 😉

After lunch we walked next door to Ikea for a post- packing treat.

Happy movers, happy move. :)

My Dad and I said good bye to Anthony and Kelly (Thanks for the help guys!) and headed to Tampa for part II of the move.

Luckily with Derek and his brother’s help we were able to unload the trailer in not time.

But then were left with this.

And this

Can’t forget this.

I almost hyperventilated this afternoon thinking of all the stuff I have and trying to find a place to put it. *gulp* What did I get myself into?

Derek took my Dad and I out for dinner tonight at a small restaurant down the road called Michael’s Grill.

Derek forgot to warn us it was a nice place. We got a few stares in our ‘moving wear’ but we quickly got over worrying about that.

The table started with some heavy-on-the-garlic bread. (that I’m still tasting X hours later)

House Salad

I ordered tonight’s special – Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi with a Red Pepper Sauce and a side of Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Vegetables.

It was really good. I particularly enjoyed the mashed sweet potatoes. They were a little more on the sweet side than I’m used to, but I like it. :)

It’s been a long day and I’m pooped. I’m going to try and step over all the boxes and make my way to bed.

Good Night!

1 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 5, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Moving and unpacking is exhausting but it’ll be over soon! It’s a good thing you’ve got family to help. Your old apartment looks so big empty :)

2 Ali @ Ali Runs March 5, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Glad to see the move went smoothly! At least the actual moving part is over, I can’t wait to see the final product!!

3 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles March 5, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Woo! You’re in your new home with Derek! :)
Moving is definitely exhausting! My husband and I moved from Washington DC to California a few months ago – craziness. Good luck with unpacking – you’ll get through it!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Olive-Potato Pizza

4 Kath March 5, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Holy breath attack!

Is it bad that seeing you move makes me want to move!? It’s like a clean slate!
Kath recently posted..Drinkable Nutrients

5 Meghann March 7, 2011 at 10:09 am

Feel free to come down to Tampa and make use of my ‘clean slate’ I could use the help! :)

6 maria @ Chasing the Now March 5, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Can’t wait to hear about the adjustments of living with your boy (and see the apt!).

Best of luck in the next few days.
maria @ Chasing the Now recently posted..The worst baker ever

7 Brie @ Brie Fit March 5, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Enjoy your new home!
Brie @ Brie Fit recently posted..Diva Dash 5K Recap

8 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) March 5, 2011 at 10:02 pm

What a big day for you! Don’t be overwhelmed with all the stuff you have – just be happy you’re there! It’ll all get unpacked sooner or later :)
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Salted Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies

9 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 5, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Now the REAL fun begins…where to put all of the stuff! I still have some things in boxes and I moved into my apartment last MAY! Geez!

Have a great night!

10 G March 5, 2011 at 10:03 pm

So exciting!!! Hang in there and enjoy the unpacking process! It’s all part of the experience!! :)

11 Anna @ Doing Good and Living Well March 5, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Moving is stressful, but it’s fun to have a fresh start! Plus, you’ve got Derek to help you on pack. Can’t wait to see how you guys transform his place into a home for both of you!
Anna @ Doing Good and Living Well recently posted..Restaurant Eve

12 Allison March 5, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Welcome to Tampa! I was born and raised here and I love everything it has to offer! Good luck getting settled in!

13 Lee March 5, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I hope you enjoy the next chapter.
Lee recently posted..More Murphy

14 Fit Chick Britt March 5, 2011 at 10:09 pm

So excited for you and your new life adventure. You’ll figure out where your stuff belongs really soon and feel right at home:-)
Fit Chick Britt recently posted..Makeup Free Friday

15 Alaina March 5, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I totally know what you’re going through! It’s going to take me a while to unpack all my stuff and over the next year, I’ll probably give/toss away things I don’t need/want anymore.

Love the post-move meal though! 😉
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

16 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) March 5, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Congrats on being moved! I made the crucial mistake of moving in with my family for a month between apartments, so I moved everything to my mom’s house and will have to move it to the new apartment next month. At least it’s a good strength workout! 😉
Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) recently posted..A Great Veggie Burger At Old Georgetown Grille

17 michelle March 5, 2011 at 10:13 pm

oooo I cannot wait to see how it all turns out once everything is organized and put together!
michelle recently posted..Old Married Couple

18 MaryBe March 5, 2011 at 10:16 pm

My daughter took me to J Alexanders for dinner last week – thought of you!
MaryBe recently posted..Eating My Words

19 Meghann March 7, 2011 at 10:09 am

Did you get the Veggie Burger? They have the best veggie burger! :)

20 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 5, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I HATE moving! I am dreading it in two months when I graduate!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..This Week’s Food

21 Krissy - Shiawase Life March 5, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Glad it was a smooth move! Your pics did make me miss Millenia though!! I love those IKEA cones.
Krissy – Shiawase Life recently posted..Fun times galore!

22 Meredith March 5, 2011 at 10:49 pm

yay welcome to the tampa bay area!!!

23 Meghann March 7, 2011 at 10:10 am

Thanks! Can’t wait to see you again in a couple of weeks!

24 Meredith March 7, 2011 at 6:38 pm

ditto! :)
Meredith recently posted..more arts and crafts

25 Hannah (Hannah LIves) March 5, 2011 at 11:18 pm

So happy and excited for you! Moving is so exhausting, and even though it’s overwhelming now the “setting-up” part is by far the most fun part of the move! But it could get tricky with the combining of things, not to worry you even more! Have fun! Relax! It just gets better from here!
Hannah (Hannah LIves) recently posted..Im SAD

26 Hilary March 5, 2011 at 11:20 pm

You must be exhausted…but it looks like a pretty fun day, as far as moving days go!

27 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 5, 2011 at 11:26 pm

It is kinda hard to realize that you’ve moved your entire life somewhere and to try and figure out where it goes….yikes! But you’ll do it well :) Good luck getting ‘er done!

28 Ashley March 5, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Congrats on the move! The food looks incredible, and I’m sure you’ll be awesome at unpacking!

29 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 6, 2011 at 12:15 am

Yay for being moved! I haven’t moved since I was 5 and am already dreading having to move in the future!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Water- Water- Everywhere

30 Melissa @ TryingToHeal March 6, 2011 at 1:43 am

Oh boy, your apartment is so empty!!! I can’t wait to see how you fuse your home with Derek’s!!!

And don’t worry, the unpacking can be done with a few deep breathes…too bad I’m not there, I’m the queen of packing, unpacking and organizing…comes with the territory of work. 😀

Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..Crazy Hills and Family

31 Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free March 6, 2011 at 2:08 am

Congrats on the move! I despise moving, but you did awesome! Holy yum to those wings.
Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free recently posted..Impromptu Trip Home

32 Emma (Namaste Everyday) March 6, 2011 at 4:25 am

I’m an American currently living in New Zealand, and the large pizzas here are only 12 inches! They are smaller than your small! i miss america sometimes…lol
Emma (Namaste Everyday) recently posted..6K Coastal Challenge!

33 Little Bookworm March 6, 2011 at 6:01 am

Glad the move went well! :)
Little Bookworm recently posted..Can You Guess

34 Bria March 6, 2011 at 7:12 am

Thanks for sharing this personal experience with your readers, Meghann! Kind of cool to be “along for the ride”. I’m sure you will settle in with Derek in no time. Finding a place for the stuff is one thing, living with a boy is the real challenge!!! hahaha I have lived with a guy (friend) and also my boyfriend. It’s fun but challenging in a different way than living with girls. :) Enjoy!
Bria recently posted..Oh hey- Blog!

35 Lauren March 6, 2011 at 7:54 am

I know it seems like so much now, but you’ll quickly settle in and be so happy you did this! :) So happy for you girl. :)
Lauren recently posted..Operation Move- Day 1

36 megan @ blackberries for jam March 6, 2011 at 8:21 am

How excited to be embarking on a brand new chapter in your life! After all that anticipation, I’m sure you’re glad that move is over. Good luck with the unpacking!
megan @ blackberries for jam recently posted..Convenience Baking- Microwave Mug Muffins

37 Lauren @chigallauren March 6, 2011 at 8:30 am

At least the hard part is over now! Good luck getting settled :)
Lauren @chigallauren recently posted..Salad Beasts and PB Treats

38 Mimi March 6, 2011 at 8:49 am

Oh, man! I can’t wait to see how you make everything fit!
Mimi recently posted..Friday ABCs of me

39 kate@ahealthypassion March 6, 2011 at 9:12 am

All of those boxes excite me, I love unpacking although I dont think I want to move because the packing part is the worst! Food looks delish esp that pizza yum! I love Ikea I wish we had one here. Enjoy your new place.
kate@ahealthypassion recently posted..Saturday Adventure

40 Kara March 6, 2011 at 9:15 am

I hate moving so much. My husband and I agreed that we’re just going to live in this house until we die because we hate the process so much :)

You might have to take another couple of trips to Goodwill, but eventually you’ll get unpacked and settled in!
Kara recently posted..I love to run- I hate to run

41 Hope March 6, 2011 at 9:33 am

Congrats on the move! I can’t wait to see how you decorate the place! :)
Hope recently posted..Rainy Sunday- Dentist &amp PF Changs…

42 kalli March 6, 2011 at 11:20 am

yay for moving in with the boy! love anthony’s shirt 😉
kalli recently posted..Doghouse Delectables

43 Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete March 6, 2011 at 11:52 am

Moving always sucks, but like another commenter said it is a clean slate! I move every 2-4 years, and it is so much work! There are also expenses in moving that are a pain in the butt. Good luck with the rest of your moving. I’m just happy you are moving to Tampa because I’m usually there at least once a year!
Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete recently posted..ABC’s of Me

44 Faith @ lovelyascharged March 6, 2011 at 11:53 am

I totally feel ya, moving is a pain in the butt! Thankfully the coach was able to help me last weekend and I didn’t have to haul too much heavy stuff on my own. Glad you made it okay though…and have fun in Tampa! It’s a shame I never got to meet you here in O-Town, but if ya ever head back over (or if I’m over in that neck of the woods), we should grab lunch or dinner!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..Didn’t I Just go to Bed

45 OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run March 6, 2011 at 12:36 pm

LOL to the “This guy needs a beer” shirt. Love that! Also love those wild blueberry True Delights. I dip mine in jam. Sooooo good!
OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run recently posted..S!t My Husband Draws – Song Lyrics

46 Dina March 6, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I had one year (2007) when I moved in my the boyfriend (now husband) and then we moved again into the house we bought. I don’t know if I’m over it yet all these years later. :) At least when you get everything unpacked and organized you will feel much better.
Dina recently posted..Another Saturday Night

47 Kelsey March 6, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Love your post title! Good luck in Tampa!
Kelsey recently posted..What’s stopping you from using an Instant Messenger

48 Jess@atasteofconfidence March 6, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Exciting!!! Good luck with the unpacking.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..ABCs of me