Drunken Monkey

by Meghann on March 4, 2011

I had some requests for ‘before’ and ‘after’ photos of my fridge and freezer.

Your wish is my command. πŸ™‚

Before:

(Dated February 20th)

IMG_7906.JPG IMG_7908.jpg

After:

(Today!)

IMG_4988.jpg IMG_4989.JPG

I still need to clean the fridge, but I’m really proud of what I was able to whittle the contents down to. Everything left should travel well or can easily be tossed along the way. πŸ™‚

Note the hidden chocolate stash. πŸ˜‰

I don’t have a before shot of the pantry, but the after is probably the emptiest its been since I moved in.

IMG_4991.jpg

Note the 7 jars of nut butter πŸ˜‰

Also, my stock pile of BOGO deals from Publix. πŸ˜‰

Once I knew I was moving, I made it a point to stop opening new boxes of cereal and eat my way through all my OPEN ones. (I’m a cereal hoarder.) Yesterday I realized I still had some Rice Krispie Puffs and Cinnamon Cheerios, so I combined those in a plastic container. Now, I don’t have to worry about cereal going everywhere during the move. πŸ™‚

Obviously, I’ve put WAY to much thought into the food of this move. Oh well. πŸ™‚

This afternoon I met Megan for ‘Power Hour’ at Orlando Power Yoga.

The hot yoga classes are traditionally 80 minutes, but on Fridays Kelly offers special Power Hour classes at 5:00 to prep people for the weekend. It was amazing how much of a difference cutting off those extra 20 minutes makes. The class felt really short. Just when I felt I was getting into the groove of things, we headed to the floor, which usually signals class is over halfway done.

I think I prefer the 80 minutes classes, but the hour length is nice for a Friday afternoon pre-happy hour practice. πŸ™‚

The classes are extremely popular (she’ll actually be adding another Friday power hour class starting in April), so even though we arrived 15 minutes before the start of class, we had to politely ask people to move their mats so we could sit next to each other. If you plan to attend the class, I would suggest arriving much earlier than you usually would to find a spot.

With no food at home, I stopped at the Drunken Monkey for dinner after yoga.

I’ve driven by Drunken Monkey many times and have heard great things about the coffee/ sandwich bar, but have never actually been inside. As soon as I stepped in, I regretted that it took me this long to do it.

Yet another hidden Orlando gem! Drunken Monkey is a hippie-esque coffee shop with free wifi and a slew of vegan friendly wraps, sandwiches, soups, and desserts (!!).

I wish I could have taken more photos of the food display cases, but even this blogger gets camera shy in a new place. But, trust me, everything looked amazing and I totally want to go back when I come to visit Orlando in the future! πŸ™‚

I ordered a Vegan Curry Quiona Wrap that came with an delicious curry dipping sauce.

The wrap contained dried cranberries that added a delicious sweet touch to the savory curry flavors. It was a delicious wrap and exactly what I was craving after a power hour of hot yoga. πŸ™‚

When I got home I had the last Oatmeal Bar from my freezer for dessert.

Maddie wanted a bite too.

My Dad and Sister will be here at 8:00am tomorrow to start loading boxes up. The plan is to be out of Orlando and on our way to Tampa by 1:00. Wish us luck!!!

1 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 4, 2011 at 11:02 pm

WOW, your dinner looks amazing -is that quinoa stuffed inside?! And I love that you spend so much time thinking about moving the food and eating it up–smart girl. Good luck in the a.m.!!

2 Meghann March 7, 2011 at 9:25 am

Yes, the stuffing was a mix of quiona, dried cranberries, and nuts. It was delicious. πŸ™‚

3 Ali @ Ali Runs March 4, 2011 at 11:06 pm

It sounds like you had a great last day in Orlando!! Can’t wait to hear all about the move. I hope it goes smoothly. πŸ™‚

4 Runeatrepeat March 4, 2011 at 11:10 pm

I’m on east coast time! Exciting πŸ™‚

And tragic that I’m excited…
Runeatrepeat recently posted..Fair Weather Friend

5 Kristy @ KristyRuns March 4, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Love the nut butter stash! And Maddie is cute as always!
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..Gasparilla Half Marathon

6 Emma March 4, 2011 at 11:21 pm

I laughed out loud at your 7 jars of nut butter. I am the same way with it!
Emma recently posted..6K Coastal Challenge!

7 Emily S. March 4, 2011 at 11:37 pm

I love the 7 jars of nut butter. . . . That would be me too. Although right now we only have 3 jars of peanut butter… I have one open in the fridge of almond buttah…

8 Kiran March 4, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Good luck! I’ve been to Drunken Monkey and absolutely luuuurve the hippie atmosphere πŸ™‚
Kiran recently posted..Taking a moment

9 hippierunner March 4, 2011 at 11:59 pm

A quinoa wrap sounds amazing!
hippierunner recently posted..Newly Converted Cinnaholic

10 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. March 5, 2011 at 12:05 am

Good luck tomorrow! I hope your move goes as well as mine did last weekend! My mission for this weekend is to finish unpacking!
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..you’re killin’ me- smalls

11 Alaina March 5, 2011 at 12:49 am

That wrap looks so good, yet messy. πŸ™‚

Congrats on a great move of food. I wish I had only been so lucky.
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

12 Mary March 5, 2011 at 2:09 am

Good luck with your move.
Mary recently posted..Yoda Was Right

13 Dori March 5, 2011 at 7:14 am

Good luck on the move. I wish I could have that kind of chocolate stash, but as soon as I have anything like that in the house, I just eat it right away because it’s there.
Dori recently posted..Mat 57 at Physique 57

14 Lauren March 5, 2011 at 7:40 am

We are trying to do the same thing with our food right now. Its hard for me to part with food, but there is something about bringing opened used food into a new home. I would rather just start fresh! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Waiting to Exhale

15 Ashley March 5, 2011 at 7:42 am

Good luck! Sounds like the perfect last day in Orlando.

16 Runner Couple - Sara March 5, 2011 at 7:57 am

Good luck with your move tomorrow! That’s so exciting! Life always changes and that’s what makes it so fun!
Runner Couple – Sara recently posted..6 Wonderful Years

17 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 5, 2011 at 8:01 am

Nice job on operation clean out pantry/fridge!! You did a great job. That wrap looks fantastic!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..when hunger strikes

18 katie March 5, 2011 at 8:14 am

I think you did good on operation clean out there with the fridge and pantry! Love the PB stash!

Good luck today!!! Big move!!!!! yay!!! : )
katie recently posted..Giveaway Winner!

19 Allison @ OneWhiteTulip March 5, 2011 at 8:26 am

Good luck on the move! and good for you for eating down your food…I totally didn’t, and food is suuuch a pain to move!
Allison @ OneWhiteTulip recently posted..Eating in β€œeffort”

20 Clare @ Fitting It All In March 5, 2011 at 8:43 am

Happy Moving Day! Hope all goes as planned.
And I always find little great sandwich and wrap places in St. Louis and wonder how I never knew about them. Now I have two favorites – Nadoz and OR Juice & Smoothie. Best Kept Secrets!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Life Comes First

21 kathleen March 5, 2011 at 8:54 am

oh, that’s funny: pre-happy hour yoga. that wrap looks amazing. i wish i got out more to explore the vegan/veggie options in my city. have a good move.
kathleen recently posted..The treadmill

22 rebecca lustig March 5, 2011 at 9:08 am

That place looks soooo good! Not gonna lie, at first I thought it was a type of ice cream flavor haha

23 Faith @ lovelyascharged March 5, 2011 at 9:13 am

I’ve never heard of a quinoa wrap, for some reason, but it would be absolutely amazing – especially in curry sauce! MMM!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..Easy Fruit Salsa and Baked Cinnamon Sugar Chips

24 Hilary March 5, 2011 at 12:34 pm

That’s one empty fridge and pantry! Good luck with the move!
Hilary recently posted..Please eat responsibly!

25 Little Bookworm March 5, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Good luck with the move! πŸ™‚
Little Bookworm recently posted..Can You Guess

26 Kacy March 5, 2011 at 8:01 pm

I feel the same way about places I’ve waited to long to try here in OK. I feel like I didn’t take enough advantage and now I’ll soon be moving.
Good job whittling down the food, it really is a pain to move groceries.
Kacy recently posted..Runfessions