more ยป" />

4 < 6

by Meghann on March 3, 2011

I love when four mile runs turn into six. ๐Ÿ™‚

My usual 7:00am run was pushed back to 9:00 this morning, so I could meet my Dad on the other side of town to hand off a big box of photos from my old room.

Umm.. yeah. Doesn’t that look like a bin full of fun?

Anyways, it was odd waking up, eating breakfast, blogging, and running an errand before getting my run in. Luckily the heat hadn’t 100% set in yet and there was still a dull breeze on the trail to keep the temp somewhat cool.

The original plan was to run two miles out and two back for a total of four, but halfway through I decided to push it to three out for a total of six. I was in my running groove and wasn’t ready to turn around at two.

I felt great when I made it back to the car. Maybe there’s something to this whole waking up fully before running business. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lunch was once again a random thrown together meal of my remain fridge contents.

After this meal, the only thing really left in my fridge is a few strawberries, almond milk, and flax seeds. MIssion accomplished.

You probably don’t even want to know what’s on this plate, but in case you’re curious it’s a Blueberry Bagel (last one!), Chicken Sausage (last one!), saurkraut & tomatoes (all gone now!), blue cheese (empty!), and BBQ Sauce (condiments travel well, right?)

IMG_4942.jpg

The plate also included my last (!!) pickle.

I burnt the first bag of popcorn, so technically today’s lunch was able to use up two of the bags of popcorns from the pantry. There’s still a couple left though.

Minus tomorrow’s breakfast I believe I have plans out for the rest of my meals this week. Eating out never sounded so good. ๐Ÿ™‚

Now, time to tackle that bin of photos!

1 Semisweet Courtney March 3, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I love runs like that too! ๐Ÿ˜€
Semisweet Courtney recently posted..A Day in the Life

2 kristy @ kristyruns.com March 3, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Wow! What a combo of food! You’re quite brave. ๐Ÿ˜‰
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Gasparilla Half Marathon

3 Ali @ Ali Runs March 3, 2011 at 2:22 pm

That combo does not sound very good, BUT at least you finished up the last of all of that!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I love looking through old pictures, hopefully you needed them for fun reasons!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Honesty

4 Hope March 3, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Wow! You really did well with cleaning out your fridge!! That is quite the unique lunch.

5 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 3, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Interesting combination. At least all the food is almost gone! ๐Ÿ˜‰

6 Alaina March 3, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Love the heart shaped bowl! ๐Ÿ™‚
Alaina recently posted..I Heart March

7 Roselyn March 3, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Hahaha! I am loving your random meals. I think I loved this one the most. ๐Ÿ™‚

8 Erica March 3, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I am so impressed by the way you have used up all your groceries before moving! I would have totally caved a long time ago, and just went out! Kudos to you!

Oh, and I love when 4 milers turn into 6 milers, too. This morning my 5 turned into 8 just because I was feelin’ awesome and strong;-) LOVE that.

9 Katie @ running4cupcakes March 3, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I love when a run ends up like that – such a great feeling. Also, I am super impressed that you were able to clean out your fridge that well for your move!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..More Choices With More Premium Themes

10 Ashley March 3, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Interesting choices. I’m really impressed at your creativity. Congrats on using it all up!

11 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 3, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I love getting into my running groove-it feels SO great. I am glad you’re addicted to pickles too- they are the best!

12 April March 3, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I have those plates! And I think you are being incredibly creative with what you have to work with!

Also…I just found out I will be in Orlando for the summer on an internship so I will get to use all of your tips and recommendations. Can’t wait!
April recently posted..Reverb- March Post

13 Meghann March 3, 2011 at 9:31 pm

You’re going to love it here! ๐Ÿ™‚

14 April March 3, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I hope so! All the bloggers from the area make it seem so fun and interesting. Makes me less nervous!

15 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 3, 2011 at 4:45 pm

That actually looks like a freaking awesome meal.

16 Kacy March 3, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Great job on the run!
Kacy recently posted..Job Fair Tips and American Idol

17 Lauren March 3, 2011 at 4:50 pm

I think I’d rather eat each of those items separately rather than together! Particularly the bagel! I bought a lemon Chobani today to try though – so I do sort of trust your judgement ๐Ÿ™‚
Lauren recently posted..One of My Favorites

18 Kara March 3, 2011 at 4:57 pm

I love runs like that, and I think I run the best when I’ve had a chance to wake up a little too.

You should really get your own reality show for the crazy combos that you eat ๐Ÿ™‚
Kara recently posted..White Flag

19 Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me March 3, 2011 at 4:58 pm

hmmmm that meal does not entice me haha. But I’m definitely a picky eater. You definitely get 5 stars for creativity!
Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..To Meat or Not Meat

20 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) March 3, 2011 at 5:30 pm

I love finishing things up! I have this weird quirk where if there is something that is almost gone, I need to use it up asap!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Birthday Eve

21 Jessi @ Quirky Cookery March 3, 2011 at 5:30 pm

I love that you share your quirky combos of food. It makes me giggle when I read comments about how it doesn’t sound like it’d go together or how brave you are, but it looks delicious to me, lol.
Jessi @ Quirky Cookery recently posted..Tortilla pizzas dont have to be boring

22 Val @ Balancing Val March 3, 2011 at 5:37 pm

You are a braaaaave women for topping that all together.

I do admire your dedication to not wasting anything though ๐Ÿ™‚

23 Heather March 3, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Hi Meghann
I know you are really busy with your move, but one thing i’ve always wished about your blog that you never have done much of is answer readers questions in your comments section. This is totally unrelated to this post, but I just wanted to give you my input! Healthy tipping point, katheats, etc are all really good about that!

24 Meghann March 3, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Hi Heather,

I respond to comments and answer questions, but I’m usually a day behind. It’s hard to keep up with the sometimes! ๐Ÿ™‚

25 michelle March 3, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I really need to make a point of eating what I have in the pantry and fridge before going out and buying more stuff. I think a lot of people are like that…. I know that I forget what I already have and sometimes buy double or even triple!
michelle recently posted..Furniture and Oscars

26 Laura (Starloz) March 3, 2011 at 7:03 pm

oh congrats on clearing out your fridge & pantry. go you!

have fun with the pictures!
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Sometimes

27 Christine March 3, 2011 at 7:42 pm

You must be so excited to go grocery shopping again! And then start cooking for two ๐Ÿ™‚
Christine recently posted..Reading is Fun Today- but Tomorrow- Well

28 Amanda (tomboy that wears makeup) March 3, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Yay! New beginnings are great! Exciting times:)

29 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 3, 2011 at 9:11 pm

You are the best fridge/pantry cleaner if I’ve ever seen one!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..when hunger strikes

30 Tracy @ Commit To Fit March 3, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I love how much you love popcorn, I do too!
Tracy @ Commit To Fit recently posted..Different Styles of Training

31 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life March 3, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I’m a food mover, I never try to eat my pantry or anything when I move… I either take it with me or throw it out because it’s been in there so long it’s probably not good anymore. lol Bravo to you for actually conquering it!
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Whew!

32 Katie @ Real Food Katie's Way March 3, 2011 at 9:44 pm

LOVE the heart bowl!

And I agree, waiting until your body is awake means a 100% better workout….I find for the first 20 minutes of my early morning workouts, my body is just adjusting to being awake…

That’s quite the lunch combo! But it looks great ๐Ÿ™‚
Katie @ Real Food Katie’s Way recently posted..A Waft of Spring!

33 Kristen March 3, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Definitely have that same frame for the communion picture!!

34 Meghann March 3, 2011 at 10:42 pm

haha! Did you have your first communion in 1992 too?

35 Kristen March 4, 2011 at 7:59 am

Yes! May of 92!

36 Jessica @ Healthy Dairyland March 3, 2011 at 11:27 pm

My four mile run turned into six today too! It feels good to get those two extra miles in!
Jessica @ Healthy Dairyland recently posted..Seedy Breakfast