Goodbye February!

by Meghann on March 1, 2011

Welcome to March!

Where did February go? My birthday month flew by too fast!

Some highlights:

Whoa! Looks like February was a lot fuller than I remembered. Definitely had some fun. πŸ™‚

What to look forward to in March:

• MOVING to Tampa!!
  • Painting!
  • Decorating!
  • Making new Tampa Friends!
  • Finding a new yoga studio, pool, running trails, etc.
  • Derek’s friend’s wedding

I sense a theme there.

I rang in the third month of the year with a walk on the treadmill (it was raining and the new issue of People was calling my name) and Jackie Warner’s Time Saver Training DVD for a little strength training.

I have approximately two servings of oats left in the pantry before I’m out. Operation Empty Fridge & Pantry is becoming a success!

I enjoyed one of those final servings of oats in a nice bowl of oatmeal with Kashi Go Lean Crisp, Strawberries, and a dollop of Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter.

What was your favorite moment from the month of February? Looking forward to anything fun in March? πŸ™‚

1 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete March 1, 2011 at 9:54 am

March should be a good month for me : we have Jason’s bday, our first date Anniversary (St. Patrick’s Day!), a slumber party with my sister in law and niece (she’s 3) – yes we plan these way in advance!, and my sister/her husband are coming up from Texas for a week. They are bringing their bulldog puppy up to MN and I can’t wait to meet him!

Good job cleaning out that fridge!

2 Hope March 1, 2011 at 10:02 am

Sounds like you are going to have a fun and exciting March! My favorite moment from February was cooking a special Valentine’s Day dinner with my boyfriend. πŸ™‚ This month, I’m looking forward to my birthday! Wahoo!
Hope recently posted..Happy National Pancake Day!…

3 Meghann March 1, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Happy early Birthday!

4 Jessica@tastyandtrim March 1, 2011 at 10:10 am

Sounds like you have an exciting month ahead of you!! My favorite memory from March was getting to see all of the family when they came over for my little sister’s birthday – nothing beats spending time with the family πŸ™‚ Have an amazing day love!!
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..Epic Burger

5 Jessica@tastyandtrim March 1, 2011 at 10:12 am

whoops I meant favorite memory from February πŸ˜‰
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..Epic Burger

6 michelle March 1, 2011 at 10:10 am

Favorite moment in Feb… going on vacation to Mexico with the hubs πŸ™‚
michelle recently posted..Furniture and Oscars

7 Runeatrepeat March 1, 2011 at 10:13 am

I’m randomly looking forward to Lent this year because I haven’t really been observing it the last few…
Runeatrepeat recently posted..Mission San Juan Capistrano Visit

8 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life March 1, 2011 at 10:23 am

Wow–you’re coming out of one huge month and into another! Good luck and savor it all!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Committed- A Love Story

9 Katy (The Singing Runner) March 1, 2011 at 10:24 am

February was really up and down for me due to an injury (I can’t believe how much an injury can play with your emotions!). But for March, I am going to think positive and that my injury is going to heal and that I will work my way back into running again, hopefully in time for IronGirl in April.
Oh, and I’m going to Costa Rica in the middle of the month! πŸ˜€

10 Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free March 1, 2011 at 10:43 am

I’m SO looking forward to March just like you! Spring break is less than 2 weeks away and I’m going to NYC woo! I’m going to have to look at your posts from when you were there! Is there anything I absolutely have to eat when I’m there?
Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free recently posted..Oat Bran Virgin

11 Meghann March 1, 2011 at 8:33 pm

OMG too many places to name! I’ve been three times in the last year and haven’t gone to the same restaurant twice because there are so many there I want to try still!

12 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life March 1, 2011 at 10:48 am

My favorite thing from February would have to be Valentines day, I had a lovely dinner with my fiance… What I’m looking forward to in March? Turning 25 and running a Warrior Dash!
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Skinny Dippin’

13 Meghann March 1, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Happy Early Birthday! 25 is a good year!

14 Kathryn March 1, 2011 at 10:49 am

Tampa is very excited about having you, too!! I loooove it here. You will totally find a yoga studio and your favorite little diners and all the places you love… and it will be so fun to try lots of them before finding the one you like!

And I’m excited about March,too…it has my birthday!
Kathryn recently posted..Plans Change

15 Ali @ Ali Runs March 1, 2011 at 10:58 am

I can’t believe you are moving already!! It seems like only a little while ago that you made the announcement!! Good luck packing, girl!! πŸ™‚

16 Kacy March 1, 2011 at 11:01 am

I’m looking forward to my third half marathon and a trip to D.C. to find an apartment in March. Going to be a good month!
Kacy recently posted..Figure it out

17 Kristen March 1, 2011 at 11:06 am

I love this recap post! I might have to steal the idea and do one next month! you have a very exciting March coming up! I can’t wait to read all about it πŸ™‚

18 Ellie @ The Mommyist March 1, 2011 at 11:09 am

We built a tiny snowman in our backyard the morning we got 1 inch of snow. My daughter is 2 and an inch of snow was pretty exciting. That was the highlight for me. In March I look forward to visiting family in Austin, TX where it’s warm and sunny!
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..Five Questions for Dr Eric Blake ND DLAc on SALDANATION

19 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 1, 2011 at 11:11 am

February was a pretty uneventful month for me, but a few memories stick out: Valentine’s day, dinner at Candle 79, and visiting home for the weekend. I’m excited for March and SPRING!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Whipped!

20 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles March 1, 2011 at 11:12 am

My husband and I took a few day trips to coastal towns in February – definitely a highlight. I’m looking forward to March 11 – my birthday! πŸ™‚

21 Kaitlin March 1, 2011 at 11:32 am

I’m so glad February is over! It’s cold and grey in Michigan– now I’m ready for March!

And good work eating down the pantry!
Kaitlin recently posted..Wordless Weekend

22 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 1, 2011 at 11:41 am

Woohoo for a great February! I can’t wait to hear about your new life in Tampa – and to see all the painting and everything in your new home! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Good food- good mood

23 Dori March 1, 2011 at 11:50 am

Looking forward to my birthday in March! A lovely February moment was having dinner with you, Derek, Gabriela and Jacquie at Candle 79! NACHOS.

24 Maryann (The Balanced Bean) March 1, 2011 at 11:57 am

I am looking forward to some (hopefully!!) warm weather in march and a natural foods expo that I am attending next week! February faves were a disneyland trip and valentines day!
Maryann (The Balanced Bean) recently posted..Identity Crisis

25 melissa March 1, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Great month, skication was definitely a highlight for me!
melissa recently posted..Pure Giveaway

26 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) March 1, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I’m looking forward to getting my eats back on track for March. I have been in holiday mode since, well, the holidays and it’s time to get it together. Well, except for this weekend….I’ll be in Napa with some friends. πŸ™‚

27 Amber March 1, 2011 at 12:39 pm

My favorite moment was defiantly the princess 1/2 so much fun!
Amber recently posted..Real Yoga

28 Becca March 1, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I definitely loved hanging out with my family for my grandma’s birthday over the weekend. πŸ™‚

March means Spring Break (not going anywhere; working a lot) and lots of birthdays! Three best friends’, my aunt’s, and mine! πŸ™‚ Oh, and this month’s theme at church should be fun!
Becca recently posted..Prom

29 Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted March 1, 2011 at 12:41 pm

March is going to be exciting for you! Maybe it will motivate me to finally paint SOMETHING in my house!

30 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 1, 2011 at 12:54 pm

You had a busy February! I think March will be a good one for you πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..It Wasn’t a PR…

31 Natalia - a side of simple March 1, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I’m so excited that you have a wedding to go to in March! Who doesn’t love a party like that? One of my cousins is getting married in June and we have one of her bridal showers to go to in March, so I’ll be celebrating the “wedding” theme too!
Natalia – a side of simple recently posted..semi formal- some friends

32 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 1, 2011 at 1:04 pm

My favorite moment in February was the blizzard that overtook Chicago for a couple of days!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..when hunger strikes

33 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner March 1, 2011 at 1:16 pm

One of my favorite moments was Valentines! πŸ™‚

Strawberries and Chocolate Dreams!!! HEAVEN! πŸ˜€

xoxo
Kathleen
Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner recently posted..FAQ!

34 Clare @ Fitting It All In March 1, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I think my favorite moment of February was getting to the Tampa airport and seeing my boyfriend with Roses!
But I can’t wait for Mardi Gras and St. Patrick’s day this month!!

35 Katie @ running4cupcakes March 1, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Love the addition of dark chocolate pb to your breakfast bowl! Happy March.

36 Alaina March 1, 2011 at 3:32 pm

I went to Vegas with my husband in February! And in March, it’s my birthday month! πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Vegas Eats

37 colleen March 1, 2011 at 3:46 pm

February involved doing our taxes for the first time without the help. March is filled with birthdays: husband, me, daughter, grandma, nephew, uncle, cousin (2), a couple of friends; St. Patty’s day parade and eats; Spring Break; school concert; a couple of night meetings; and the official start of spring and moving the clocks back.