Giddy Up

by Meghann on February 28, 2011

This afternoon I was able to knock a few items off of my ‘Must Do Before I Leave Orlando List’

#1 – Hot Yoga at Orlando Power Yoga (I’m going to miss it!!!!!)

#2 – $5 Giddy Ups at Dandelion Cafe

IMAG0533.jpg

*All photos by camera-phone. My apologies in advance. πŸ˜‰

I’ve heard rumors of $5 Giddy Ups (basically a vegan nacho salad) for a while now, but haven’t had the chance to enjoy one for myself. The deal is good every Monday and is a good one considering they’ll usually run you $8.50 any other day at Dandelion.

The Giddy-Ups were all that were on my mind during hot yoga, so after class I invited my friends Rachel and Amber out for a post-yoga meal.

IMAG0535.jpg

While we’re at it, I can knock off another thing off of my ‘Must Do Before I Leave Orlando’ list – hang out with friends. πŸ™‚

We all ordered the Giddy Ups with a side of whirled peas and the tea of the day (Hibiscus Herbal & Raspberry Tea)

IMAG0534.jpg

The Giddy Ups were delicious. The Dandelion chili is a favorite of mine and really makes the dish. It’s the huge chunks of tempeh, it gets me every time.

The three of us stayed and chatted for a good while afterwards, then I headed home to polish off the last of my Take the Cake ice cream and a Vitatop for dessert.

IMAG0537.jpg

I spent the afternoon before yoga working at Starbucks.

IMAG0532.jpg

Non-Fat Awake Tea Latte with one pump of Mocha (seriously my new favorite drink) and an Oatmeal Bar entertained my mouth while my brain went into social media overload. πŸ™‚

IMAG0531.jpgIMAG0530.jpg

My goal is to make it to at least one more Hot Yoga class before I move on Saturday. I’m really, really, really going to miss my studio. *sniff *sniff πŸ™

1 Amanda February 28, 2011 at 10:41 pm

I have never tried hot yoga…but I really want to! Maybe your new town will have a really great studio too πŸ™‚
Amanda recently posted..Simply Delicious

2 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 28, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Looks like you had a fun day and accomplished a lot off that must-do list! Nachos sound delicious right about now. Enjoy your night!

3 Kaitlin February 28, 2011 at 10:59 pm

What a fun day! those nachos really do look delicious.
Kaitlin recently posted..Wordless Weekend

4 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 28, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Ice cream and Vitatops = best dessert ever!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..It Wasn’t a PR…

5 Amber February 28, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Tonight was so much fun! Thanks for introducing me to the giddyup. Num πŸ™‚
Amber recently posted..New Theme- Choco

6 Christine February 28, 2011 at 11:15 pm

I just discovered Vitatops- thank god! Great for my usually not-so-healthy sweet tooth.
Christine recently posted..Around the World in 28 Days- February Books

7 Ashley February 28, 2011 at 11:16 pm

When you say hot yoga do you mean Bikram? I did my first Bikram class on Friday….it was 110 degrees and an hour and a half. Definitely a character building
experience.

8 Meghann February 28, 2011 at 11:26 pm

No Bikram, it’s baptiste style hot yoga. πŸ™‚

I’ve tried Bikram before, but wasn’t a fan. To each their own!

9 Fallon February 28, 2011 at 11:23 pm

I must try those oatmeal bars.. I keep seeing them as your snacks and they look delicious!
Fallon recently posted..Guacamole

10 kathleen February 28, 2011 at 11:31 pm

that “giddyup” looks divine. I don’t know how you work in starbucks. i used to try working in different places while i was in school. only the library really worked. in coffee shops i would get distracted or feel as if i could only stay so long before buying more food/drink and then end up spending too much money.
kathleen recently posted..The curious case of the older half-sister

11 Meghann March 1, 2011 at 8:36 pm

I kind of like the activity around me. When it’s too quiet I go slightly crazy

12 Emily @ Savory and Savage February 28, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Don’t worry you will find another yoga place to love when you get there.

Dandelion chili sounds intriguing.
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..Hummus and an afternoon of socializing

13 Ellie @ The Mommyist February 28, 2011 at 11:41 pm

You’ll find another great studio!
Ellie @ The Mommyist recently posted..Five Questions for Dr Eric Blake ND DLAc on SALDANATION

14 Ashley February 28, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Aw it’s only a couple hours away, not a couple states. The food looks so good!

15 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy March 1, 2011 at 1:43 am

The giddy up and dandelion chili sound ridiculously good!!

16 hippierunner March 1, 2011 at 2:04 am

I wish I had a Giddy Up!
hippierunner recently posted..Newly Converted Cinnaholic

17 Lauren March 1, 2011 at 6:41 am

So fun! Glad you had a wonderful night Meghann!
Lauren recently posted..Overnight Annapolis

18 Rachel March 1, 2011 at 6:56 am

We’re so shiny! Proves we really did work hard at yoga, right?
Tonight was fun, thanks for introducing me to another awesome vegan place in Orlando. Hope everything goes smoothly with your move on Saturday, Orlando will miss you!
Rachel recently posted..Bad vs Good

19 Meghann March 1, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Thanks Rachel! πŸ™‚

20 Allie March 1, 2011 at 7:15 am

Gooood job on your to-do list!! Your yoga studio sounds awesome, I would miss it as well. Hope your move is all good Saturday πŸ™‚
Allie recently posted..Exciting

21 Kara March 1, 2011 at 7:51 am

Hopefully you’ll be able to find a new studio in Tampa! I swear my tolerance for living in my current location went up a LOT when a yoga studio opened πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..Electrical cords are still more fun than a new toy

22 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 1, 2011 at 8:00 am

I want a Giddy Up! That looks fabulous!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..when hunger strikes

23 Mimi March 1, 2011 at 8:17 am

Seems like your moving time came so fast β€” And that’s just me talking, so I bet it felt faster for you! Looks like you are making the most of your time!
Mimi recently posted..So long- friend

24 Hope March 1, 2011 at 8:21 am

I want to try a Giddy Up! It looks awesome! So glad that you had a fun night!
Hope recently posted..Happy National Pancake Day!…

25 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life March 1, 2011 at 9:42 am

Try not to focus on the sadness of “leaving” and the fun and adventure of moving to somewhere new and exciting and how FUN it will be! I moved halfway across the country and while I was sad and thought that I would bawl the entire drive I didn’t shed one tear, I was so EXCITED to be starting this new chapter in my life!

I can’t wait to see where all of this takes you!
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Skinny Dippin’

26 Ali @ Ali Runs March 1, 2011 at 9:56 am

Hopefully you’ll find a great yoga studio in Tampa!! I can’t wait to read all about your new journey! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Honesty

27 Kacy March 1, 2011 at 10:20 am

I still miss my yoga studio from the last city I lived in.
That sounds like a great deal!

28 Laure March 1, 2011 at 10:51 am

Vegan nacho salad and chocolate vita-top?? I’m drooling over here. Good luck with the move!
Laure recently posted..Dinner for Two

29 RhodeyGirl March 1, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I thought you meant you were WORKING at Starbucks, as in a Starbucks employee.

Where is my mind!
RhodeyGirl recently posted..My second week of conscious market shopping

30 Meghann March 1, 2011 at 8:37 pm

haha What can I say? I needed the side money. πŸ˜‰

31 Kath Younger March 2, 2011 at 9:01 pm

You will never, ever find a studio you love as much as your first hot yoga studio. Tears are still shed over mine
Kath Younger recently posted..Flight Of The Horses

32 Laura March 17, 2011 at 10:18 am

I stopped by my local Starbucks the other day and couldn’t decide what to get.I went with ordering the Awake Tea Latte w/ Mocha. The cashier gave me one of those one brow raised look and asked me if I was sure. And then the girl who was making the latte walked over and double checked with me that it wasn’t a mistake. They both said they have never been requested to make that combination and were sure it was going to be awful.

I was very pleased with the latte! Thanks! Do you get the same reaction?

33 Meghann March 17, 2011 at 10:52 am

I always get the weird looks, but I’m ok with it. I know it tastes amazing. πŸ™‚