more ยป" />

2011 Disney Princess Half Marathon Recap

by Meghann on February 27, 2011

Look Ma! We did it!

And we did it together! :)

I had two goals for today’s half marathon:

#1 – Run the race side-by-side with my little sister and little brother.

#2 – Take pictures, enjoy the race, and just have FUN!

I’m proud to say that both goals were achieved and conquered!

The Princess Half Marathon had to be one of the funnest, most relaxing half marathons I’ve ever ran. We threw all time goals out the window and just enjoyed the run. Hey, if anything, I can promise you we got our money’s worth out of the race. If you’re going to spend that much money on a run, you better have the memories to make it worth wild!

(Yes, Eric is wearing my make-up than I am and Tarzan really is dressed in nothing but a loin cloth. Hubba Hubba. ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Our alarms beeped very loudly at 3:30 this morning. Waking up that early only seems acceptable on big race days and mornings of really early flights.

I wasn’t ready to eat yet, but I grabbed a bagel with peanut butter and strawberry slices for the road.

Tasty and portable. Win. Win.

The drive to Epcot was quick. The line to find a parking spot was not. Reason #15 it’s always smart to build in a time cushion when traveling on race mornings. :)

We parked and quickly found my sister and little brother.

Do you like our ears? Half the fun of running Disney races is dressing up! I was sporting the tutu Brie’s Aunt made me and some lovely Princess Ears I had picked up at the expo yesterday (I’ve always wanted princess ears!!)

I felt pretty. :)

Ben, Kelly, and I were officially representing the Anderson Running Company ๐Ÿ˜‰ while Ashley and Derek were the official Anderson Running Company supporters.

They’re thrilled to be there. I promise. ๐Ÿ˜‰

We said our goodbyes and made the 20 minute trek to the start.

Just as an FYI Disney start lines are never anywhere near where you parked. Be prepared to walk. :)

Another note, the corrals are relatively strict at Disney races. Either be prepared to jump the fence or change your corral at the expo. Disney is full of walkers, so if your corral is in the back, you will be surrounded by walkers!

We entered Corral D just as Corral A was passing the start line. Our goal was to get as close to the front of the corral as possible and in the process we ran into a couple of friends.

Hi Healthy Ashley and Ryan! Yay friends! I hadn’t seen Ashley since she moved up to North Carolina after Christmas. It was nice to chat with her about Tampa and ironmans. It was also nice to wish Ryan luck on her first half! I’m so proud of her for finishing today! :)

Corral after corral were released and before we knew it, it was our turn to countdown.

Ready or not – time to run!

As expected, the first couple of miles were PACKED! There was a point when Kelly started walking and was going the same speed I was trying to run. There was a lot of weaving, a lot of ankle kicking, and a lot of laughs. :)

I loved passing the couples who were running together. The guy below’s shirt read ‘He’s just taken’ and as I declared “Love your shirt!” he turned to his girlfriend/fiance/wife(?) and said “See! I did good!”

He did! He did very good! :)

Princesses like pirate ships too!

When you register for the Princess Half you are asked to select which Princess is your favorite. I picked Ariel, but Belle was definitely a close second. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Just before Mile 4 we entered the Ticket and Transportation Center and spotted our support squad almost immediately.

IMG_4829.JPG IMG_8302.JPG

The best part about running for fun is having the time to stop and actually spend a few minutes with your spectators. :)

A quick kiss good bye and we were on our way to Magic Kingdom!

I’m pretty sure Ben was really enjoying being one of the few males in the race. He was living it up among a sea of beautiful ladies.

Go Ben!

Alright, I see the castle! Magic Kingdom – here we come!!

IMG_4840.jpg IMG_4841.jpg IMG_4843.jpg

And look! We found another friend. Hi MegaNerd!!

There were several characters set up along the way and one of the main reasons I wanted to run this race for fun was because I wanted to stop and take as many photos as possible. And trust me, we weren’t alone at this. Most characters had lines 20-30 people deep. It was a little insane, but totally worth it.

Plus, the lines gave us nice breaks to eat chomps and tweet.

We had one more pass by Ashley and Derek and we were on our way to Epcot and the finish line.

Hi Guys! Bye Guys!

Mile 10 already?

I did have one more Princess/ Goddess I was happy to see – MEG!! I’m not a fan of being called Meg personally (try it and I won’t respond), but it didn’t stop me from loving that there was a Disney character out there with my namesake!

Except I was a little jealous her full name was Megra. I thought Megra sounded so cool back in the day. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The last few miles were a little empty and boring (minus a Disney character or two along the way), so we picked up the speed and beat our ‘predicted finish time’ by 15 minutes. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The big ball was such a tease. You run into Epcot, run to the edge of the world showcase, turn around and run back to the finish.

We passed the ball for the second time and saw the gospel choir before turning the final corner to the finish.

The three of us grabbed each other’s hands and – for the first time in any race – I crossed the finish line holding BOTH of my siblings’ hands!

A girl got in our way right at the end, but I really hope one of the official photos came out! Cross your fingers for us!

Medal time!

It’s a tiara! I <3 it already.

And did you notice? My little brother kept his shirt on! Ten points for Ben!

We learned our lesson from the Miami Half (when we somehow skipped the post-race food tents) and stocked up on snacks!

I immediately dug into the muffin, orange and Luna Protein Bar (blah – not a fan of these!)

IMG_4878.JPG IMG_4881.JPG

After a quick change, the 5 of us thought it would be fun to spend the remainder of the day walking around Epcot with our medals around our necks.

I <3 my seasonal pass. Having the ability to go to Disney when ever I want (minus a few black out dates) is really amazing.

Plus, today it was fun seeing all the other runners walk around with their medals on as well. Everyone was congratulating and cheering each other on. There is no better community than a running community.

Ben and Ashley picked up their ‘Just Engaged’ buttons today. I told them they need to wear these every time they go to Disney from now until their wedding. Then they need to trade off to the ‘Just Married’ buttons for a couple of years. ๐Ÿ˜‰

We were all STARVING and could only manage a few rides before food was needed.

The quick-service restaurant in Morocco at the World Showcase was my #1 pick for lunch. They have a ton of yummy Mediterranean options for a relatively cheap price.

I ordered the Vegetable Platter which came with a variety of little salads and 1/2 a pita.

It. Was. Good. My favorites were the olive salad and the hummus. :)

The crowds weren’t bad at Epcot at all. We managed to ride all we wanted to ride and were on our way our before 3:00.

IMG_4895.JPG IMG_4896.JPG

IMG_4897.JPG IMG_4900.JPG IMG_4901.JPG

Of course, a stop at Menchie’s was a requirement. ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_4906.JPG IMG_4907.JPG IMG_4908.JPG

Say Hello to my little friend.

I’m zonked.

It’s 6:00pm and I’m contemplating going to bed right now. After a shower. And dinner.

Good Night!

1 Freya February 27, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Great recap! That race looks AWESOME!!!! I now have ‘Fun Race’ added to my list :)
Megra? Who on earth is that? I’ve never heard of that character before!
Anyway – congrats to all 3 of you :)
Freya recently posted..Out of the rut and into the frying pan!

2 Meghann February 27, 2011 at 6:20 pm

She’s from Hercules! Probably one of these most under-appreciated Disney movies out there! :)

3 Jessica February 27, 2011 at 6:34 pm

I completely agree! The Hercules soundtrack is so fun! Every once in a while I stumble upon a song or 2 on one of my old cds and totally jam out… disney things make me so happy! :)

4 Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete February 27, 2011 at 6:20 pm

That is so awesome that you got to run with your fam! I’m so jealous. I got my sis to run a 5K with me once, and she did pretty well. I told her our next race together was going to be a half marathon, but we shall see.

So jealous that you get to go to Disney when you want!!
Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete recently posted..Ethiopian Spiced Chickpeas

5 emily February 27, 2011 at 6:20 pm

This was such a cute recap! My first (only so far) half ever was the Disney Princess and I had SO much fun!

6 kristy @ February 27, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Looks like a blast!!!! Gotta do that race next year! I was over in Tampa doing the Gasparilla half mary. :)
kristy @ recently posted..Confession

7 Meghann February 28, 2011 at 9:21 am

I’m sad I had to miss Gasparilla this year. It’s a shame they made the races the same weekend!

8 alison February 27, 2011 at 6:25 pm

It looks like you had a really fun time. If I were to run a race for run, it would definitely be at Disney.
Congrats to all the members of the Anderson Running Company!
alison recently posted..Thoughts While Drying My Hair

9 Patrice @ A New Sweetness February 27, 2011 at 6:25 pm

awesome stuff! Congrats on completing the Disney Princess Half Marathon!
Patrice @ A New Sweetness recently posted..Dining Out โ€“ The Mandarin Feast

10 Cate February 27, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Wow it sounds like you had an amazingly awesome time! How nice that you got to run with your brother and sister too. I love that you took the time to stop for pictures with the characters and your spectators along the way.
Way to go to all three of you!! :)
and frozen yogurt any day sounds good to me.
Cate recently posted..Sports Enthusiast for Disney Princess Half Marathon

11 Mimi February 27, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Looks like such a fun race. One of my friends ran it for the second time today and I am so jealous… Some day!
Mimi recently posted..So long- friend

12 Lauren @chigallauren February 27, 2011 at 6:27 pm

How fun!! I love your pink mouse ears! Congrats!!!
Lauren @chigallauren recently posted..Guilty Pleasures

13 Krista February 27, 2011 at 6:31 pm

That race looks like so much fun! I am putting that on my list to do next year. I love running and LOVE Disney. (26 years old and been to Disney 32 times…and I do NOT live close!) This race would be a perfect “excuse” for a little vacation. Nice job, glad you had fun!

14 Jennifer@ knackfornutrition February 27, 2011 at 6:41 pm

It looks like y’all had a blast! I love the medals, so pretty!
Jennifer@ knackfornutrition recently posted..Homemade hummus and granola bars

15 Ashley February 27, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Great job! It looks like you had a great time together. I love the pictures as well. Oh, by the way, that restaurant was one of our favorites when we were there too!! :)
Ashley recently posted..A Recharge Weekend

16 Allison @ PickyEatingRD February 27, 2011 at 6:48 pm

How fun!! I don’t know that ive ever run a race and stopped to take pics etc! Might be something to try since i am always striving for some type of time goal.
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..Trial and Error

17 Manon February 27, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I must run a race in a tutu! What a fun race :)
Manon recently posted..ABCโ€™s about Me!

18 Kacy February 27, 2011 at 6:49 pm

That looks like SUCH a fun race!
Kacy recently posted..Figure it out

19 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 27, 2011 at 6:52 pm

What a FUN race! It looks like you had a fabulous time with your bro & sis!!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Full Circle

20 Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen February 27, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Aww looks like you guys had so much fun, and I love your tutu! Ariel was always my favourite princess too :)
Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen recently posted..Grumpy Pants

21 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 27, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I love Hercules but I never would have remembered that the lady’s name is Meg — I’m jealous though, there isn’t a Princess Holly!

I would love to run a race for fun — and your tu-tu looks so adorable.
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..Tortilla Casserole

22 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans February 27, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Looks like you had a blast. I want to run Disney next year and this makes it that much more enticing!!
Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans recently posted..A Few of My Favorites

23 Semisweet Courtney February 27, 2011 at 7:05 pm

GREAT JOB!! It sounds like you had a lot of fun, too! ๐Ÿ˜€ I’ve always had this weird dream to be a Disney princess in the park. I could be Belle or Snow White! ๐Ÿ˜›
Semisweet Courtney recently posted..A Day in the Life

24 Kelly Schussler February 27, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Yaay! My bff Kara ran it today too. I think I might plan on it for next year! Great pics, looks like so much fun!
Kelly Schussler recently posted..His and Hers Cheese

25 Erica February 27, 2011 at 7:16 pm

aw! Congrats!!! Looks like so much fun. Your tutus are adorable. Glad you guys had a blast. And hooray for a day at Disney. Get some rest
Erica recently posted..E- Weekend &amp Pregnancy Update

26 Kerry February 27, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Looked so fun!! Wish I was closer and could do that one. P.S. CUTE tank – lululemon?? I love the pink and gray and the cut.
Kerry recently posted..A letter to pre-marathon me

27 Meghann February 28, 2011 at 9:22 am

Yep – it’s lululemon. One of the few tanks fo theirs I own :)

28 Dori February 27, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Congrats!! I also never heard of Megra. You look adorable, sounds like a really fun race!
Dori recently posted..Mat 57 at Physique 57

29 Rachel February 27, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Congrats! Looks like you had a blast! I love the lulu tank!

30 ariel February 27, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Congratulations on your Princess Half-Marathon!! I hope to be able to one day do that. =) I’m running my first 5K in April. I’m so excited!
ariel recently posted..Wishes

31 Tiffany February 27, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Hey Meghann,
I saw you at the Disney Half today. I ran my first half today and I must say it was a good time. I am hoping that I will not be sore tomorrow because I feel great at the moment. I love Menchie’s as well…did not get to go today but thinking about making the trek up to the Winter Park one later this week. I think I earned it after 13.1!

32 Meghann February 28, 2011 at 9:23 am

Congrats on your first half! You should have said HI!

33 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe February 27, 2011 at 7:53 pm

That looks like a really fun race! I’ve never run a half before, I hope I can have that much fun on my first so it’s not so daunting.
Alayna @ Thyme Bombe recently posted..An early spring means margaritas

34 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 27, 2011 at 7:57 pm

It looks like you had so so soo much fun!!! I would love to have ran in that race yesterday! Loved the tutu!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..five year time warp

35 Carly February 27, 2011 at 8:02 pm

This race looks like SO much fun!! What a great way to spend a Sunday!

36 Ashley February 27, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Congratulations Meghann! It looks like so much fun!

37 Kara February 27, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I can’t even imagine running a race like that, my local races barely have water stations, let alone entertainment!

I’m so proud of your brother for keeping his shirt on!

Did the tutu bother you at all? I’ve always wanted to run in a costume!
Kara recently posted..10 12 20

38 Meghann February 28, 2011 at 9:24 am

The only problem with the tutu was that the extra pieces kept clinging to my shorts and going between my legs. Kelly’s tutu was designed a little more functional for running the race. :)

39 sarah (sarah learns) February 27, 2011 at 8:24 pm

oh that looks like you guys had a total blast! :) i love hearing about runners who train super hard to accomplish pr’s, but i have to say that i enjoyed this fun race just as much! congrats!
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..confessions

40 melissa roby February 27, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Looks like you guys had a blast! Love the pink tutu!
melissa roby recently posted..Wishing

41 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 27, 2011 at 8:51 pm

So much fun! I LOVED running the 1/2 in January! I’m debating between doing Goofy next year (am I CRAZY?) or just doing the Princess in Feb. It depends on when Gasparilla is next year. I was supposed to run the Beck’s Light Challenge this weekend but pulled out due to an injury but they deferred my registration to 2012.
Congratulations on a great race and having fun along the way! My one regret when I ran the 1/2 in January was that I was so focused on time that I didn’t take character pictures along the way! Next time- more fun! ๐Ÿ˜€

42 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 27, 2011 at 8:52 pm

This looks like SUCH a fun race, with such great company! Congrats to all of you, and I hope you have a relaxing night! :)
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Good food- good mood

43 Amanda @ Eating Up February 27, 2011 at 8:52 pm

That post-race food looks delicious. It looks like a fun day!
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..Link Love- Feb 25

44 Clare @ Fitting It All In February 27, 2011 at 9:20 pm

The race sounds so fun! My boyfriend was interested but I told him I wasn’t sure what the situation was with guys running the princess half. Now I know that next time we can run it together!

45 Alaina February 27, 2011 at 9:23 pm

That does look like such a fun race! Maybe I should consider it for next year. Hmmm ๐Ÿ˜‰
Alaina recently posted..Vegas Eats

46 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun February 27, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Looks so fun! I love your top you had on too.

Also, I want to watch the movie Hercules now. It’s one of my favorites.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflection- Idolizing Our Bodies

47 Jessica February 27, 2011 at 9:58 pm

The race looks like SO much fun!! I love the tutus and all the pictures. I really hope I get to race at Disney some day!
Jessica recently posted..Countdown to the Rodeo Run

48 Laura H. February 27, 2011 at 10:00 pm

That looks like so much fun! I love running races with friends, and Disney looks like a great one.

49 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston February 27, 2011 at 10:21 pm

That is so fun that the three of you ran it together and for fun — what a great experience!!
Katie @ Healthy Heddleston recently posted..Cleveland Auto Show VIP Event

50 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife February 27, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Nicely done! I too ran a full marathon with my sister by my side the entire time and it was an incredible experience. Glad you had fun-and that looked totally entertaining for all 13.1 miles!! :)

51 ezzie February 27, 2011 at 10:46 pm

love this post! looks like you all had so much fun~ ๐Ÿ˜€
&the medals are too cute.!
ezzie recently posted..Oldies but goodies –

52 Runeatrepeat February 27, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Great job!
Runeatrepeat recently posted..Mission San Juan Capistrano Visit

53 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 27, 2011 at 11:11 pm

That is so cool that you had a fun race! I would love to run a race with my family :)
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..It Wasnโ€™t a PRโ€ฆ

54 Jessica @ Healthy Dairyland February 27, 2011 at 11:22 pm

This half marathon is on my 101 in 1001 list. I can’t wait to run it dressed as a princess!
Jessica @ Healthy Dairyland recently posted..You Can Stage An Intervention Any Time

55 Mac February 28, 2011 at 12:18 am

That looks and sounds incredible! I looked into that race earlier this year, but it wasn’t going to work out with my work schedule, I was seriously bummer! Mayeb next year!
Mac recently posted..Tri Stats

56 Christine February 28, 2011 at 1:06 am

I think it’s awesome that you are able to ignore the clock- runners are competitive by nature, and I think racing for pure fun once in awhile is important.
Christine recently posted..Around the World in 28 Days- February Books

57 Marina February 28, 2011 at 1:13 am

Looks like such an awesome race! I love dressing up, so I would gladly run that race :))
Marina recently posted..some health stuff

58 ~Jessica~ February 28, 2011 at 5:10 am

Did you post your time, or did I miss it? I know you were running just for fun but I’m still intrigued ๐Ÿ˜‰

~Jessica~ recently posted..Go Go Gadget

59 Meghann February 28, 2011 at 9:26 am

We finished in 2:44:04 Time was definitely not our priority. :)

60 Caroline February 28, 2011 at 6:15 am

This was fun to read! The princess half was my first half last year (yeah, I was at the meetup at the pizza place the day before!) and I think it would definitely be a LOT more fun to do with people you know. I found the course horribly boring and sadly my husband didn’t get my time updates until I finished, so I saw him once and he didn’t see me at all. He bought me and “I did it!” shirt in the finishers area and it was fun to walk around Universal in that afternoon. Love that you guys ran it together! And go Ben for keeping the shirt! :)

61 Lacey February 28, 2011 at 7:13 am

Looks like you all had a lot of fun. When I move back to Tampa I am going to participate for sure!
Lacey recently posted..Just Another Saturday

62 Little Bookworm February 28, 2011 at 7:47 am

Congratulations to you, your sister and brother on the race! Looks like an amazing day. :)
Little Bookworm recently posted..Cakes and Icing Galore

63 Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy February 28, 2011 at 7:48 am

You all are so fun to watch run together!
Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy recently posted..Chocolate Monster

64 Lizzy February 28, 2011 at 10:09 am

Looks like you had an awesome time! I ran the Princess in 2009 and it is by far my favorite half. Best medal :)
Lizzy recently posted..I Heart Oatsโ€ฆIn My Cookies

65 Jenny February 28, 2011 at 10:16 am

Congrats on the Disney Princess Half! I did the Disney Half back in January but would love love love to do the princess one! And after seeing your pictures and recaps, I think its a must!! Looks like you had a great time!!! :)

66 Meghan February 28, 2011 at 10:53 am

Glad you guys had a blast! I ended up in such a groove we never stopped for pictures, just to stretch and use the bathroom once. First half 2:25.08 and pretty dang happy about it!
Meghan recently posted..First Run with the pups

67 Gwen February 28, 2011 at 11:36 am

WTG Anderson Fam! Looks like tons of fun! Disney Princess is on my wish list for sure!
Gwen recently posted..Jenna Jeremyโ€™s Mexico Wedding Weekend!

68 Biz February 28, 2011 at 11:56 am

Since my daughter grew up in the 90’s, The Little Mermaid and Hercules were her two favorite movies – I am pretty sure she still watches them from time to time even though she’s almost 19!

Glad you had so much fun!!
Biz recently posted..Heโ€™s Home!

69 Danielle February 28, 2011 at 12:33 pm

That looked like so much fun!! I really want to do this some day. And what a great excuse to go to Disney World :)

70 Erica February 28, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Wow, reading your recap makes me flashback to last year’s Disney Princess Half when I was there! I can’t believe it’s been a year already. It was probably the most fun race I have ever ran! Absolutely magical to run through the parks and underneath Cinderella’s castle…coolest thing ever, I promise. And I remember seeing you and giving you a quick hug when I was almost finished, with you holding your “Run Blogger Run” sign!! It gave me boost to meet you and hug your neck, even if it was only for a quick second:-)

Congrats on another great run, and they ARE the most awesome medals ever!!
Erica recently posted..Waiting Room

71 erica February 28, 2011 at 1:56 pm

that looks like such a fun marathon to run!!!

72 melissa February 28, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I have to do this next year! Looks so fun–for all the princesses in your family! I didn’t realize that guys could sign up.
melissa recently posted..Pure Giveaway

73 Teacher Girl February 28, 2011 at 10:28 pm

It looks like you guys had a great time. I wish I could run a race like this and have fun. It takes everything I have just to be able to finish in the time allowed. I would never be able to just not care about timing at all. Congrats!
Teacher Girl recently posted..On why parents who take their little kids to raunchy R rated movies should be reported to child protective services

74 Liz S March 1, 2011 at 8:06 am

Great recap. I brought my three children with me (all over 18). The best part of the weekend for me was seeing them have fun together. It’s nice to see you doing something with your siblings and having fun!

75 Richelle March 1, 2011 at 10:07 am

Looks like a fun race! I just ran a half this past Sunday and I think yours was a bit warmer…just a bit.
Richelle recently posted..Quick &amp Easy Chana Masala

76 Liz March 1, 2011 at 10:33 am

Hi! Googled “Disney Half Marathon Princess” and found your blog post. I ran the race too. It was fun to read your review and you had great pics!! I haven’t posted yet…came home with a raging fever, but am looking forward to writing all about my experience too.
How special that you ran with your siblings!!!

77 Grace March 1, 2011 at 10:46 am

You guys look like you had an amazing time! I didn’t stop and get any pictures this year because I wanted to see if I could improve on my time, next year I am going to though because you’re right you have to get your money out of these races! I went to Animal Kingdom after cleaning up and it was so hot out that day that I pooped out real quick!
Grace recently posted..My happily ever after

78 Amanda-The Turtle Won. March 21, 2011 at 11:05 am

Great recap. It was a great race. Welcome to Tampa.

79 Cira August 25, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I just came across your blog as I was / am searching for a running costume for the upcoming Disneyland Half, which happens to be ON my bday. I love you took a lot of pictures. Nice recap.

I blog here:
Cira recently posted..America’s Finest City (AFC) Half Marathon Recap

80 Nanette November 24, 2011 at 7:41 pm

love the recap…I’m running in 2012! Also, her name is Megara (not Megra)….definitely still close enough for you to be happy with her name though :)

81 Sarah November 29, 2011 at 7:48 pm

What a GREAT recap! I’ve decided to run this race in 2013 (I’m new to running and won’t be ready by the 2012 race) and am sooo excited about it. It looks like such a great time and this was a really thorough post about it. Thanks!