One Last Birthday Wish

by Meghann on February 26, 2011

Make a wish!

I wished for world peace! Oryou know… that new bed set I’ve been eyeing at Ikea. That works too. πŸ˜‰

This afternoon I headed over to my hometown to celebrate January, February, and March birthdays with my Dad’s side of the family. We have a large family, so it’s easier just to celebrate birthdays all at once. πŸ™‚

My Aunt set up a hot dog and toppings bar for the party.

She had everything – chili, cheese, coleslaw, pickles, olives, corn beef, etc -that would make any hot dog taste extra delicious.

I can’t remember the last time I had a real hot dog. Two years? Three years?

Oh, wait!! I do remember! I had one in Chicago last August. Now I remember. πŸ™‚

That was a good dog!

Today’s dog was good too.

I went with the chili & coleslaw options. It was a little spicy with a nice crisp finish.

I filled the rest of my plate with pickled veggies, salad, and just a touch of fritos.

Dessert was a throwback to two american classics – root beer floats & moon pies – as well as the obligatory birthday cakes. πŸ™‚

IMG_8212.JPG IMG_8214.JPG IMG_8215.JPG

IMG_8209.jpg IMG_8228.jpg

No floats for me. I prefer the cake with a side of ice cream thankyouverymuch. πŸ˜‰

Though, it should be note that my cousin Debby added her piece of cake directly to the float. I believe many of my other family members called her a genius and I was all of a sudden wishing I liked floats. πŸ™‚

All great parties end with presents.

I won $7! Score!

Derek and I made our way slowly back to Orlando and by the time dinner time rolled around we were too lazy to go anywhere or put anything together. It was one of those rare times when going to the grocery store to specifically pick up a frozen pizza seemed good.

I was hoping to pick up one of the organic frozen pizzas, but they all seemed really small and not hefty enough to satisfy both of our appetites. The Digorno Pizza had the thicker crust that Derek loves and was about a third larger than the Kashi pizzas.

Honestly, at that point I didn’t care what pizza we got as long as it wasn’t Tostinos.

We heated up some broccoli on the side and called it dinner.

The pizza wasn’t bad at all. I really enjoyed the ‘rising crust’

We have a 3:30am wake up call in the morning. Yikes!

Let’ see

• Race Bib – Check!
  • Tutu – Check!
  • Tiara – Check!

I think I’m ready to run!

Good Night!

1 Ann February 26, 2011 at 9:23 pm

That Digorno pizza really does look good! That’s what my Mom used to get in a pinch when she didn’t have anything for dinner for us. And the party looks like so much fun! Having a really big family that’s close and can all do get-togethers is the best.
Ann recently posted..Race Prep

2 Kim February 26, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I just made that exact kind of cake for my fiance’s birthday Thursday, but he is a freak of nature who doesn’t like ice cream w his cake!!!!

3 meghan February 26, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Yikes I’m getting up a 3 and I’m staying site! I’m so paranoid about not making it in time but its my first Disney race. Good luck tomorrow!

4 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 26, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Good luck tomorrow! Have fun! πŸ˜€

5 Kristine February 26, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Looks like a blast! Good luck tomorrow πŸ˜€

6 Alaina February 26, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Love the funfetti cake!! Have an awesome time tomorrow! Looks like you are ready to go. πŸ™‚

7 Ash Bear February 26, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Is everything charged?? πŸ˜‰

8 Amy February 26, 2011 at 9:58 pm

There is nothing better than group family bday parties!! So fun!
Good luck running tomorrow! Can’t wait to see pics of the tutu outfit!! πŸ™‚

9 SaraRM February 26, 2011 at 10:06 pm

GOOD LUCK! Cant wait to hear about it.

10 Maryann (The Balanced Bean) February 26, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Yum the pizza looks really good πŸ™‚ Good luck tomorrow! Have fun!
Maryann (The Balanced Bean) recently posted..Flaxseed Facts and Recipe

11 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 26, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I love extended birthday celebrations πŸ™‚

Good luck tomorrow!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..It Wasn’t a PR…

12 Fit Chick Britt February 26, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Your family seems so fun!! Looks like you’re going to have fun running tomorrow… good luck!

I used to always asked for world peace kinda as a joke when I didn’t really know what I wanted so one year my mom got me a globe and a can a peas and it was called “world peas”. Clever.
Fit Chick Britt recently posted..Friday Favorites- My Favorite Races

13 Stephanie @ Living and Loving February 26, 2011 at 11:13 pm

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW and have so much fun!!!!!!

I’ll be thinking about you while I’m doing my long run!!
Stephanie @ Living and Loving recently posted..I just want you all to know

14 RunningOnCoffee February 26, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Good luck tomorrow and have fun!
I love root beer floats, and Mug is a preferred Root Beer πŸ™‚
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Sweaty Bands Review and Giveaway!

15 Amanda (tomboy that wears makeup) February 26, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Yay! Have a great run! MMM all those topping for the hot dogs look good. You definitely give me ideas on a day to day basis!!

16 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner February 27, 2011 at 12:03 am

YAY for Birthday Cake! πŸ˜€

Have fun tomorrow! πŸ˜€

xoxox
Kathleen
Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner recently posted..FAQ!

17 Amanda @ Eating Up February 27, 2011 at 12:10 am

I ate DiGiornio’s pizza all the time when I was a kid. I think it’s a great frozen pizza, but they should really revamp their ingredient list!
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..Link Love- Feb 25

18 Ashley February 27, 2011 at 1:32 am

Good luck on your race! I love the happy birthday tofu card, haha. Looks like a lot of fun. πŸ™‚

19 Little Bookworm February 27, 2011 at 2:51 am

Good luck tomorrow! Hope it goes well. πŸ™‚

20 VeggieGirl February 27, 2011 at 6:17 am

OOOH funfetti cake – definitely can’t go wrong there πŸ™‚

GOOD LUCL!

21 VeggieGirl February 27, 2011 at 6:23 am

Oops, I meant GOOD LUCK!! πŸ™‚
VeggieGirl recently posted..What I Do on a Cold Winter Morning 300th post!

22 Lee February 27, 2011 at 7:48 am

Good luck in your race!
Lee recently posted..Big Green Salad

23 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 27, 2011 at 8:07 am

Good luck on the race!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Long Run Nutrition- Recovery

24 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 27, 2011 at 8:28 am

I love big family parties – and I love having them outside in the sun like you did. Darn this Chicago weather!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..five year time warp

25 Ali @ Ali Runs February 27, 2011 at 8:53 am

I love family birthday parties! It’s so nice to see everyone πŸ™‚ Good luck at the race today (even though I’m fairly sure you’ve already finished).
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Hair Today- Gone Tomorrow

26 Michelle February 27, 2011 at 9:28 am

Oh man. If you’re ever in Austin you MUST seen out the Holy Caco dessert truck. They make milkshakes with cake blended into them. It’s for sure not an everyday thing, but really worth it once! Good luck on the half today!

27 Meredith February 27, 2011 at 9:54 am

which bed set have you been eyeing at ikea? i need to get furniture soon, so i’ve been on their site a lot lately!
Meredith recently posted..β€œcarbs are bad” and other myths

28 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) February 27, 2011 at 10:45 am

Is that Funfetti cake??? I may have died. Hot dogs are SO good…it’s true….I rarely eat them but love them so!!! πŸ™‚

29 Lauren @chigallauren February 27, 2011 at 11:26 am

I loveee that cake! Digiorno is a great last minute, don’t feel like cooking grab-and-go at any supermarket. Congrats on the half!!
Lauren @chigallauren recently posted..Guilty Pleasures

30 Kacy February 27, 2011 at 11:44 am

Looks like a great party!
I just remembered I won a few lottery bucks during Christmas, I think they’re probably expired by now haha.
Kacy recently posted..Figure it out

31 Kara February 27, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Can your family adopt me? My birthday is in June and I’d like the same cake as you πŸ™‚

I’ve had that version of pizza before, I thought it was a little heavy on the garlic!

I’m on the lookout for the Digornio pizza with cookies included. πŸ™‚
Kara recently posted..10 12 20

32 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 27, 2011 at 3:52 pm

oooh what fun! I think that it is a great idea to combine the birthday celebrations into one big party!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Macaron madness

33 Lacey February 27, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Have a great time tomorrow and GOOD LUCK!!