Maddie <3's Scooby

by Meghann on February 25, 2011

Poor Scooby.

All he wants to do is sleep

And all Maddie wants to do is play.

Can you see that “Which way did he go? Which way did he go?” look in her eyes?

(what she doesn’t know is he is is hiding upstairs under my brother’s bed. ;))

Maddie’s a crazy one, but I’m pretty sure Scooby loves her anyways. Besides he needs a little excise anyways. πŸ˜‰

It was nice working from my parents’ house this morning. Especially since it meant I could have lunch with this guy.

“Meghann, I’m eating! Stop taking photos”

Ben works as a mechanic at my Dad’s office. Hence, the grease stained clothes and hands. I promise he isn’t always that dirty!

Food is always a creative obstacle in my parents’ house. Their random fridge forced a random lunch. A random, but delicious lunch. πŸ™‚

I originally wanted hummus and carrots for lunch, but quickly discovered the hummus I had been eyeing in the fridge had expired in October 2010. Yikes! Instead I dumped a can of chickpeas in the food processor and created my own little dip with some paprika, salt, and pepper. The dip ended up being pretty good.

On the side I had a handful of pretzels with a drizzle of mustard. I’m not sure why, but pretzels with mustard have really been on my mind lately. I actually went back for a few more once my plate was done.

Finally, some random cheese slices to complete the meal.

I’m a fan of random meals. I’m also a fan of meals that take 5 minutes to throw together and require no pre-planning or cooking. πŸ˜‰

Time to head back to O-Town!

1 Marina February 25, 2011 at 2:13 pm

aw, Maddie is so cute πŸ™‚
I like snack plates like that for lunch, yummy and satisfying πŸ™‚
Marina recently posted..some health stuff

2 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food February 25, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Have a safe trip home! Pretzels & cheese sound like a good lunch to me πŸ™‚
Natalie @ Will Jog For Food recently posted..Food Fact Friday- Mojito Madness

3 Sara (Miles and Manhattan) February 25, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Those pretzels look completely amazing and i love maddie’s crazed “WHERE’D HE GO!!?” look! My dog is like that in the dog run from the minute she gets there until the second we drag her out. She is a energy terror πŸ™‚
xoxo
s
Sara (Miles and Manhattan) recently posted..Workout Playlist

4 Kiran February 25, 2011 at 2:19 pm

The pretzels reminded me of our dinner a few days ago! Pretzel bites, yum πŸ˜€
Kiran recently posted..So Fresh!

5 Meghann February 25, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Yes! I’ve been pretzel obsessed lately! πŸ™‚

6 megan @ blackberries for jam February 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Lunch platters of random things are my favorite!
megan @ blackberries for jam recently posted..Better than Bettys Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting

7 erica February 25, 2011 at 2:29 pm

maddie is a cutie!
what’s that on her collar?
erica recently posted..a case of the tuesdays…

8 Ali @ Ali Runs February 25, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Sometimes random lunches are my favorite! My mom always buys a big tub of hummus and by the time I want to eat it, it’s always expired (since I don’t live at home anymore). I never thought if just making my own, smart thinking πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Hair Today- Gone Tomorrow

9 Kristy @ KristyRuns February 25, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Pretzels with mustard is the only way to go! πŸ™‚
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..To Skirt Or Not To Skirt

10 Lauren @Hungry Dancer February 25, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Pretzels and mustard! YUM!!
Lauren @Hungry Dancer recently posted..Life in the Fab Lane

11 Amanda @ Eating Up February 25, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Mustard on regular pretzels…why have I never thought of that?
Amanda @ Eating Up recently posted..Link Love- Feb 25

12 Hope February 25, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I love random platters like that! Pretzels and mustard are a must! Have a safe drive home! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Missed Memo &amp New Coffee Machine…

13 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 25, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Love the addition of cheese!
I’m intrigued by the drizzle of mustard on pretzels. Although it’s not completely crazy, since they do sell mustard-flavored pretzels!

14 Amanda (tomboy that wears makeup) February 25, 2011 at 3:18 pm

LOL, I think it’s hot when my guy is all dirty from working… (Maybe that’s cuz 90% of the time, we both work side by side in our studio….
I love random meals too…. Like right now, I am eating peas, tofu and onions in a little stirfry I whipped together since we don’t really have much food in the place. The pretzels and mustard look goood! I might have to get some.

15 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 25, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Awww Maddie! πŸ˜€ Have a safe trip back to Orlando!

16 Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete February 25, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Sorry but what a hilarious lunch! Those pretzels look good though — I love mustard on pretzels.
Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete recently posted..February Goals Update

17 Brittney February 25, 2011 at 3:40 pm

It would be really interesting to get Maddie and Clyde together and see which one ran out of energy first! That would be a great night of sleep for everyone involved I’m sure!!
Brittney recently posted..Wanting More

18 Kristy February 25, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Maddie’s adorable face totally brightened my day!

19 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) February 25, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I’ve never thought to put mustard on crunchy pretzels. The only way I eat crunchy pretzels is covered in chocolate usually πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..It Wasn’t a PR…

20 Ashley February 25, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Whats on Maddies neck? Is that a shock collar or a doggie camera?

21 Meghann February 25, 2011 at 6:29 pm

It’s a shock collar for the electric fence my parents have

22 Kacy February 25, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Hehe, Maddie is too cute.
Kacy recently posted..A letter to my lost self

23 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner February 25, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Those Pretzels are GORGEOUS! πŸ˜€ Hehe, I want to be doing what Scooby is doing. πŸ™‚
Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner recently posted..FAQ!

24 Biz February 25, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I love mustard with pretzels – I love mustard so much I have about 15 different kinds in my fridge as we speak. Seems I am a bit of a condiment whore!

And you want to know what love is? My husband driving 70 minutes out of our way on a trip so that I could go to the mustard museum in Wisconsin – now that’s love!

And I got him a t-shirt that says Poupon-U that makes me smile every time he wears it. πŸ˜€

Have a great weekend Meghann! πŸ˜€
Biz recently posted..He’s Home!

25 Meghann February 25, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I love hearing stories about Tony. You two are so cute together. I love it! πŸ™‚

26 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 25, 2011 at 5:52 pm

That lunch looks fantastic! May I ask what is around Maddie’s neck?
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..five year time warp

27 Meghann February 25, 2011 at 6:31 pm

It’s a shock collar for the electric fence my parents have. This way she stays in the yard. πŸ™‚

28 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 25, 2011 at 6:44 pm

My parents used to have one of those for their dog. They never needed to use the “shocker” though. He was so afraid of it that when it was around his neck but “off”, he was an angel!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..five year time warp

29 Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy February 25, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Maddie’s eyebrows are so cute πŸ™‚
Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy recently posted..Give Spicy Nooch a Chance

30 Emily @ Savory and Savage February 25, 2011 at 6:27 pm

lol, poor Scooby. Maddy looks like a woman on a mission in that photo. I am sure she give him no rest πŸ™‚
Emily @ Savory and Savage recently posted..I can never get enough Tom Kha Gai

31 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life February 25, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Your lunch looks so delicious–perfectly snacky and filling!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Florida!

32 VeggieGirl February 25, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Love love love Maddie πŸ™‚
VeggieGirl recently posted..What I Do on a Cold Winter Morning 300th post!

33 Maryann (The Balanced Bean) February 25, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Pretty much everything I eat is a “random meal”. If I’m craving everything, Ill have everything. Just in smaller portions!
Maryann (The Balanced Bean) recently posted..Healthy Breakfast Taco

34 Alaina February 25, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Haha, Maddie’s face is so cute. What is on her collar?

I think random lunches are the best! πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Vegas Eats

35 Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher February 25, 2011 at 7:53 pm

That is exactly the relationship between Vex Kitty and Suave Kitty :)))
Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher recently posted..like taxi cabs

36 Caitlin @ TPL February 25, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Glad I’m not the only one who’s on pretzel lovin’! Maddie is too cute, have a great weekend!
Caitlin @ TPL recently posted..Diet or Health

37 Susan February 25, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Expired hummus???? I just don’t understand that. I always make my own and even though I’m the only one who eats it, the stuff disappears waaaaay to fast πŸ˜‰

38 Caroline February 26, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Geez, Maddie is so pretty. My JR does the same to our older dog. Or did the same, before the older dog got sick and Ollie has somehow caught on that she doesn’t want to be bothered. You and Maddie are totally the reason that I wanted jack russell, by the way. I’ve never regretted it!